AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs January 27 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs December 2018 PDF
- Where did Technical Advisory Group (TAG) of National Informatics Centre (NIC) conduct a Technology Conclave themed “Technologies for NextGen Governance”, on 22nd and 23rd January 2019?
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) New Delhi
On January 22,2019,Technical Advisory Group (TAG) of National Informatics Centre (NIC) inaugurated a two-day Technology Conclave in New Delhi. The conclave was inaugurated by Shri Ajay Sawhney, Secretary, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.The theme of the conclave was “Technologies for NextGen Governance”. It concluded on 23rd January,2019. This Technology Conclave is considered to be the first move through a decade of digital technology and setting our path wide toward the New Digital India. The technologies covered during this conclave were Big Data and Advanced Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning Methodologies, Cloud Native Scalable Applications, Micro-services, Software Defined Infrastructure and Cyber Security.
- Amul launched Camel milk for the first time in the brand name of ‘Amul Camel Milk’ in selective areas of which state, on 24th January 2019?
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Gujarat
On January 24th,2019 Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd,venture of diary brand Anand Milk Union Limited or Amul has launched the Camel milk first time in the brand name of ‘Amul Camel Milk’ in selective areas of Gujarat. Initially ‘Amul Camel Milk’ will be launched in areas like Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad and the Kutch of Gujarat.Price of 500ml will be Rs.50 and it should be refrigerated with shelf life of three days.Amul has already introduced the Camel Milk Chocolate.
- India and ____ agreed to set up energy banking mechanism to make use of the surplus electricity in an essential and a useful way, on 25th January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Nepal
On January 25,2019 In Pokhara,India and Nepal agreed to set up energy banking mechanism to make use of the surplus electricity in a essential and a useful way. Nepal’s demand for electricity increased during the summer months, whereas in India demand increases during the monsoon season and slumps during winter. This partnership will help the Nepal export its surplus electricity to neighbour India during the monsoon season and import power during winter season.
- India signed the phytosanitary protocol with which country on 21st January 2019, to facilitate the export of Indian tobacco, to the country which is the largest consumer and producer of tobacco with over 350 million smokers?
2) South Africa
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) China
On January 21, 2019 a protocol was signed between India’s Commerce Secretary Anup Wadhawan and Zhang Jiwen, Vice Minister of General Administration of China Customs (GACC) accountable for examining market access and quarantine issues for India’s agriculture and allied products. Mr. Wadhawan was on a two-day visit to Beijing, China where his efforts with Chinese officials facilitated for the tobacco export to China. The revival of the phyto-sanitary protocol with China will turn economically better for the farmers and also ameliorate Indian tobacco exports as China is the largest consumer and producer of tobacco with over 350 million smokers (world’s highest).
- Name the head of the panel set by Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI) to identify domestically systematically important insurers (SIIs) and an augmented regulatory framework is logically established in this regard?
1) Manoj Shekhar
2) Praveen Kutumbe
3) Rajeev Lal
4) Arun Fernandes
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Praveen Kutumbe
A panel is all set by Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI) headed by Praveen Kutumbe,to identify domestically systematically important insurers (SIIs) and an augmented regulatory framework is logically established in this regard. The rationale behind the idea for SIIs as explained by IRDAI states that any fiasco in the system will defy the essential services they provide to policy holders overall economic activity can start dampening. In this regard, a committee headed by Praveen Kutumbe, Member- Finance and Investment, IRDAI, has been asked to submit report in six months. It is also perceived that SIIs is pivotal for the smooth and incessant functioning of insurance services to the real economy.
- Etihad Guest, the loyalty programme of Etihad Airways, along with which credit card issuer launched a specific visa credit card to confront the constraints of international travel for Indian travelers, on 24th January 2019?
1) ICICI Card
2) HDFC Card
3) SBI Card
4) Axis Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) SBI Card
On 24th January 2019,SBI Card, the country’s second largest credit card issuer and Etihad Guest, the loyalty programme of Etihad Airways have weld their hand together for a specific visa credit card to come into play for members and Indian travellers. The card will prove handy in two forms:-
• Etihad Guest SBI Card
• Etihad Guest SBI Premier Card
It has been launched in order to confront the constraints of international travel. It is a promise to backtrack the lifestyles of affluent and urban Indians to complement their travel experience. Besides that, it is anticipated that the Indians will boost their travelling frequency which in turn leads to global exposure substantially. It is an appealing programme through which its clients can start collecting reward points instantly.
- Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) and _____ signed a MoU to guide farmer producer organizations (FPOs) and allied institutions, on 24thJanuary 2019?
1) Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
2) National Stock Exchange (NSE)
3) National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Ltd (NCDEX)
4) Calcutta Stock Exchange (CSE)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Ltd (NCDEX)
On January 24 2019, A MoU has been signed between The National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Ltd (NCDEX) and Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) to guide farmer producer organizations (FPOs) and allied institutions. They provide their support through training sessions, handholding, and leadership development. IRMA’s students able to learn about commodity markets and also could provide training to agro sourcing professionals, skill upgrades of government officials, supportive awareness programmes and research.
- French company Be-Bound signed an agreement with which Indian company to become partners to provide data connectivity through SMS in areas where there is no Internet connectivity or signal breaks, on 24th January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) BSNL
On January 24 2019, Indian state-owned telecommunications BSNL and French company Be-Bound had signed an agreement to become partners to provide data connectivity through SMS in areas where there is no Internet connectivity or signal breaks. BSNL Chairman and Managing Director Anupam Shrivastava informed that Be-Bound has been given patent and already developed this technology which will be embedded in mobile apps. This app used to send command to Be-Bound server if it does not get data connectivity for SMS-based connectivity. Be-Bound server will facilitate SMS connectivity after getting command from the app. The app will also send SMS from user’s account because for connectivity .The limit of 100 SMS per day per subscriber which is sufficient for this service.
- Saab aerospace and defence company of ____ signed a MoU with Airports Authority of India (AAI) to improve air traffic management (ATM) solutions in airports, on 23rd January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sweden
On January 23, 2019, Swedish aerospace and defence company signed a memorandum of understanding with the Airports Authority of India (AAI) to improve air traffic management (ATM) solutions in airports. The MoU was signed by Vineet Gulati, Member (ANS) from AAI and Peter Engberg, Head of Traffic Management, Saab Business Area Industrial Products and Services. Saab and the AAI will jointly explore potential avenues for co-operation for automation system solutions in India. Saab has ability to create Advanced-Surface Movement Guidance & Control System (A-SMGCS) and Surface Movement Radar (SR- 3), to Remote Towers which can be fitted at all types of airports. Saab’s ATM solutions are now deployed in Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Guwahati, Jaipur, Lucknow, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Cochin and Bhubaneshwar.
- Name the author of the novel “Nireeshwaran” that won the best novel award in the Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award 2017, announced on 23rd January 2019?
1) Mariam Dunstan
2) VJ James
3) Sarika Devi
4) Parvathy Nair
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) VJ James
On 23rd January 2019,Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award 2017 was announced, Malayalam Novelist VJ James’s, Novel Nireeshwaran won the best novel award. V J James was born in Vazhapally, Changanassery in Kottayam district of Kerala. His debut novel was Purappadinte Pusthakam. Other Accolades he received:DC Silver Jubilee Award, Malayattor Prize in 1999, Rotary Literary Award for Purappadinte Pusthakam, Thoppil Ravi Award, Kerala Bhasha Institute Basheer Award (2015) for Nireeshwaran.
- Which packaging and processing solutions provider was awarded the social impact award under ‘Sustainable Environment category’ by ‘Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC)’, on 25th January 2019?
1) Tetra Pak India
2) DuPont India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Tetra Pak India
On 25th January 2019, ‘Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) awarded social impact award to Tetra Pak India, the world’s leading packaging and processing solutions provider under the category ‘Sustainable Environment category’. The award recognizes Tetra Pak’s leading efforts in setting up a sustainable ecosystem. Tetra Pak in partnership with RUR conducted Go Green with Tetra Pak, Greenlife and Sahakari Bhandar ‘Alag Karo’ in 2010 to create awareness to the consumers about their role in waste management.
- Name the former President of India who was conferred the Bharat Ratna Award 2019 by President Ram Nath Kovind on 26th January 2019?
1) Prathiba Patil
2) Pranab Mukherjee
3) Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
4) R K Narayanan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Pranab Mukherjee
On January 26, 2019,President Ram Nath Kovind announced the recipients of Bharat Ratna,the country’s highest civilian award,they are former president Pranab Mukherjee, social activist Nanaji Deshmukh (posthumously) and musician Dr Bhupen Hazarika (posthumously) in New Delhi. Pranab Mukherjee also known as Pranab Da , was the 13th President of India and served from 2012 until 2017. Nanaji Deshmukh, who died at the age of 94 in 2012, was a member of the Lok Sabha and represented the Balrampur in Uttar Pradesh. He also served as a nominated member of the Rajya Sabha from 1999 to 2005. Bhupen Hazarika, legendary singer-composer from Assam, was awarded (posthumously) with this award. He was a recipient of Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, Padmashri and Padmabhushan. He was also awarded the Padma Vibhushan, the country’s second-highest civilian honour, in 2012. He died in November 2011 at the age of 85.
- Which football player was conferred the Padma Shri 2019 award?
1) Bhaichung Bhutia
2) Sunil Chhetri
3) Gurpreet Singh Sandhu
4) Subrata Pal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sunil Chhetri
Padma Shri, Instituted on 2 January 1954,is given for “distinguished service of a high order without distinction of race, occupation, position or sex.” This year President approved the conferment of Padma Shri to 94 Persons.
Winners of Padma Shri 2019:
Name Field State Shri Rajeshwar Acharya Art-Vocal-Hindustani Uttar Pradesh Shri Bangaru Adigalar Others-Spiritualism Tamil Nadu Shri Illias Ali Medicine-Surgery Assam Shri Manoj Bajpayee Art-Acting-Films Maharashtra Shri Uddhab Kumar Bharali Science & Engineering-Grassroots Innovation Assam Shri Omesh Kumar Bharti Medicine-Rabies Himachal Pradesh Shri Pritam Bhartwan Art-Vocals-Folk Uttarakhand Shri Jyoti Bhatt Art-Painting Gujarat Shri Dilip Chakravarty Others-Archaeology Delhi Shri Mammen Chandy Medicine-Hematology West Bengal Shri Swapan Chaudhuri Art-Music-Tabla West Bengal Shri Kanwal Singh Chauhan Others-Agriculture Haryana Shri Sunil Chhetri Sports-Football Telangana Shri Dinyar Contractor Art-Acting-Theatre Maharashtra Ms. Muktaben Pankajkumar Dagli Social Work-Divyang Welfare Gujarat Shri Babulal Dahiya Others-Agriculture Madhya Pradesh Shri Thanga Darlong Art-Music-Flute Tripura Shri Prabhu Deva Art-Dance Karnataka Ms. Rajkumari Devi Others-Agriculture Bihar Ms. Bhagirathi Devi Public Affairs Bihar Shri Baldev Singh Dhillon Science & Engineering-Agriculture Punjab Ms. Harika Dronavalli Sports-Chess Andhra Pradesh Ms. Godawari Dutta Art-Painting Bihar Shri Gautam Gambhir Sports-Cricket Delhi Ms. Draupadi Ghimiray Social Work-Divyang Welfare Sikkim Ms. Rohini Godbole Science & Engineering-Nuclear Karnataka Shri Sandeep Guleria Medicine-Surgery Delhi Shri Pratap Singh Hardia Medicine- Ophthmology Madhya Pradesh Shri Bulu Imam Social Work-Culture Jharkhand Ms. Friederike Irina
Social Work-Animal Welfare Germany Shri Joravarsinh Jadav Art-Dance Folk Gujarat Shri S Jaishankar Civil Service Delhi Shri Narsingh Dev Jamwal Literature & Education Jammu & Kashmir Shri Fayaz Ahmad Jan Art-Craft-Papier Mache Jammu & Kashmir Shri K G Jayan Art-Music-Bhakti Kerala Shri Subhash Kak
Science & Engineering-Technology USA Shri Sharath Kamal Sports-Table Tennis Tamil Nadu Shri Rajani Kant Social Work Uttar Pradesh Shri Sudam Kate Medicine-Sickle Cell Maharashtra Shri Waman Kendre Art-Acting-Theatre Maharashtra Shri Kader Khan
Art-Acting-Films Canada Shri Abdul Gafur Khatri Art-Painting Gujarat Shri Ravindra Kolhe (Duo)* Medicine-Affordable Healthcare Maharashtra Ms. Smita Kolhe (Duo)* Medicine-Affordable Healthcare Maharashtra Ms. Bombayla Devi Laishram Sports-Archery Manipur Shri Kailash Madbaiya Literature & Education Madhya Pradesh Shri Ramesh Babaji Maharaj Social Work-Animal Welfare Uttar Pradesh Shri Vallabhbhai Vasrambhai Marvaniya Others-Agriculture Gujarat Ms. Gita Mehta
Literature & Education USA Shri Shadab Mohammad Medicine-Dentistry Uttar Pradesh Shri K K Muhammed Others-Archaeology Kerala Shri Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Medicine-Affordable Healthcare Jharkhand Shri Daitari Naik Social Work Odisha Shri Shankar Mahadevan Narayan Art-Vocals-Films Maharashtra Shri Shantanu Narayen
Trade & Industry-Technology USA Nartaki Natraj Art-Dance-Bharatnatyam Tamil Nadu Shri Tsering Norboo Medicine-Surgery Jammu & Kashmir Shri Anup Ranjan Pandey Art-Music Chhattisgarh Shri Jagdish Prasad Parikh Others-Agriculture Rajasthan Shri Ganpatbhai Patel
Literature & Education USA Shri Bimal Patel Others-Architecture Gujarat Shri Hukumchand Patidar Others-Agriculture Rajasthan Shri Harvinder Singh Phoolka Public Affairs Punjab Ms. Madurai Chinna Pillai Social Work-Microfinance Tamil Nadu Ms. Tao Porchon-Lynch
Others-Yoga USA Ms. Kamala Pujhari Others-Agriculture Odisha Shri Bajrang Punia Sports-Wrestling Haryana Shri Jagat Ram Medicine-Ophthalmology Chandigarh Shri R V Ramani Medicine-Ophthalmology Tamil Nadu Shri Devarapalli Prakash Rao Social Work-Affordable Education Odisha Shri Anup Sah Art-Photography Uttarakhand Ms. Milena Salvini
Art-Dance-Kathakali France Shri Nagindas Sanghavi Literature & Education-Journalism Maharashtra Shri Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry Art-Lyrics Telangana Shri Shabbir Sayyad Social Work-Animal Welfare Maharashtra Shri Mahesh Sharma Social Work-Tribal Welfare Madhya Pradesh Shri Mohammad Hanif Khan Shastri Literature & Education Delhi Shri Brijesh Kumar Shukla Literature & Education Uttar Pradesh Shri Narendra Singh Others-Animal Husbandry Haryana Ms. Prashanti Singh Sports-Basketball Uttar Pradesh Shri Sultan Singh Others-Animal Husbandry Haryana Shri Jyoti Kumar Sinha Social Work-Affordable Education Bihar Shri Anandan Sivamani Art-Music Tamil Nadu Ms. Sharada Srinivasan Others-Archaeology Karnataka Shri Devendra Swarup
Literature & Education-Journalism Uttar Pradesh Shri Ajay Thakur Sports-Kabaddi Himachal Pradesh Shri Rajeev Tharanath Art-Music-Sarod Karnataka Ms. Saalumarada Thimmakka Social Work-Environment Karnataka Ms. Jamuna Tudu Social Work-Environment Jharkhand Shri Bharat Bhushan Tyagi Others-Agriculture Uttar Pradesh Shri Ramaswami Venkataswami Medicine-Surgery Tamil Nadu Shri Ram Saran Verma Others-Agriculture Uttar Pradesh Shri Swami Vishudhananda Others-Spiritualism Kerala Shri Hiralal Yadav Art-Vocals-Folk Uttar Pradesh Shri Venkateswara Rao Yadlapalli Others-Agriculture Andhra Pradesh
- Name the mountaineer who was conferred the Padma Bhushan 2019 award?
1) Bachendri Pal
2) Arunima Sinha
3) Malavath Purna
4) Santosh Yadav
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bachendri Pal
Padma Bhushan, Instituted on 2 January 1954,is given for “distinguished service of a high order without distinction of race, occupation, position or sex.”This year President approved the conferment of Padma Bhushan to 14 Persons.
Name Field State Shri John Chambers
Trade & Industry-Technology USA Shri Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa Public Affairs Punjab Shri Pravin Gordhan
Public Affairs South Africa Shri Mahashay Dharam Pal Gulati Trade & Industry-Food Processing Delhi Shri Darshan Lal Jain Social Work Haryana Shri Ashok Laxmanrao Kukade Medicine-Affordable Healthcare Maharashtra Shri Kariya Munda Public Affairs Jharkhand Shri Budhaditya Mukherjee Art-Music-Sitar West Bengal Shri Mohanlal Viswanathan Nair Art-Acting-Film Kerala Shri S Nambi Narayan Science & Engineering-Space Kerala Shri Kuldip Nayar
Literature & Education (Journalism) Delhi Ms. Bachendri Pal Sports-Mountaineering Uttarakhand Shri V K Shunglu Civil Service Delhi Shri Hukumdev Narayan Yadav Public Affairs Bihar
- Who was conferred the Padma Vibhushan 2019 award in the ‘Art-Vocals-Folk’ category?
1) P Susheela
2) Shreya Goshal
3) Teejan Bai
4) S Janaki
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Teejan Bai
The Padma Vibhushan,instituted on 2 January 1954,is given for “exceptional and distinguished service”, without distinction of race, occupation, position, or sex.This year president approved the conferment of Padma Vibhushan to 4 Person.
Name Field State Ms. Teejan Bai Art-Vocals-Folk Chhattisgarh Shri Ismail Omar Guelleh (Foreigner) Public Affairs Djibouti Shri Anilkumar Manibhai Naik Trade & Industry-Infrastructure Maharashtra Shri Balwant Moreshwar Purandare Art-Acting-Theatre Maharashtra
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the merger deal between GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (GSKCH India) and ____ via an all-equity deal, on 25th January 2019?
1) Reliance Retail
2) Hindustan Unilever Limited
4) Aditya Birla Group
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Hindustan Unilever Limited
On January 25,2019 Competition Commission of India (CCI), fair trade regulator has approved the merger deal between GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (GSKCH India) and Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) via an all-equity deal. CCI also approved the merging of schemes between the two companies and the total business has been valued at Rs 31,700 crore. The scheme remains subject to the receipt of other necessary statutory and regulatory approvals under applicable laws, including by the NSE, SSE, SEBI, NCLT and the respective shareholders and creditors of HUL and the company. GSK CH India is familiar in the health food drinks with popular brands such as Horlicks and Boost. Anglo-Dutch FMCG giant Unilever had announced already in Dec 2018 about the acquirement brands Horlicks and Boost from GlaxoSmithKline in India.
- Name the app developed by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar to help the Visually Impaired to recognise currency notes?
1) Digital Eye
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Roshni
On January 24,2019, The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar, has developed an app Roshni that would help the Visually Impaired to recognise currency notes. The app can recognise both old and new notes and gives audio information as to which note you are holding in your hands.This app was launched in Chandigarh. Roshni is the first Android app,which recognise INR currency notes. The user have to bring the currency note in front of phone camera and the App would give a audio intimation about the currency note denomination. This app is now formed enough to recognise Indian money of any denominations, whereas we can expect its upgrade version in further even to identify the Indian coins as well as foreign currency notes.. This app is bug free and is available in beta version of the play store.
- Name the Bengaluru-based machining solution provider that has entered into partnership with Universal Robots, a Danish robot maker, to co-create Robots for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)?
1) Hollow Cubes
3) Bharat Fritz Werner Ltd
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bharat Fritz Werner Ltd
On 25th January 2019, Bharat Fritz Werner Ltd (BFW), Bengaluru-based machining solution provider has entered into Partnership with Universal Robots, a Danish robot maker and a leader in collaborative robots, to co-create Robots for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises(MSMEs). By using a modular, flexible and user-friendly integration solution ‘Arjun’,BFW and Universal Robots had planned to redefine production processes for MSMEs. The Partnership between the two companies will dramatically improve productivity, quality and working conditions in the MSME segment as they will automate and streamline repetitive industrial processes.
- India tested the new generation anti-radiation missile (NGRAM) which is a surface to air missile and can destroy all the surveillance and radar systems, and is screened by Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter jet, from _____, on 24th January 2019?
1) Udaipur, Rajasthan
2) Pokhran, Pakistan
3) Balasore, Odisha
4) Rajkot, Odisha
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Balasore, Odisha
On January 24,2019, India tested the new generation anti-radiation missile(NGRAM) which would destroy all the surveillance and radar systems.The missile is launched from Balasore, Odisha. The Defence-Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has created this missile as a surface to air missile and is screened by Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter jet. The new-generation anti-radiation missile (NGRAM) has the Strike range of 100 kilometers,this is the first indigenous air-to-ground missile developed by the DRDO, after the supersonic BrahMos cruise missile developed jointly with Russia.
- England’s Danielle Hazelle retired from which sport on 25th January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Cricket
On January 25,2019, England off-spinner Danielle Hazelle retired from international cricket ,playing for her country England. She made her debut match in 2009 and represented her country 146 times in international level in which she captained the team twice.
- Which Indian cricketer-pair broke Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag’s record for the most centuries stands by Indian opening pairs by scoring their 14th century stand, on 26th January 2019?
1) Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan
2) Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan
3) Rishabh Pant and Rohit Sharma
4) Ravindra Jadeja and Virat Kohli
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan
On 26th January 2019, Indian openers Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan went past Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag on the list of most centuries stands by Indian opening pairs after going past the landmark in the 2nd ODI against New Zealand. Tendulkar and Sehwag shared 13 century stands in 114 innings, while Dhawan and Rohit went past that number in their 95th innings together. They score their 14th century stand.
- France’s Michel Legrand died at the age of 86 in Paris, on 26th January 2019. He was a ____?
2) Music Composer
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Music Composer
On 26th January 2019, French music composer Michel Legrand died at the age of 86 in Paris. Legrand won Oscar award three times.In 1969,he won the first award for the song “The Windmills of Your Mind” from the film “The Thomas Crown Affair”. In 1972,he won for the song “Summer of ’42” and “Yentl” in the year 1984. He also won five Grammys awards.
- When did India celebrate its 70th Republic Day to honour the date on which the Constitution of India came into effect?
1) January 21
2) January 23
3) January 24
4) January 26
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) January 26
On 26th January 2019,India Celebrated its 70th Republic Day.This Day honour the date on which the Constitution of India came into effect on 26th January 1950 replacing the Government of India Act (1935) as the governing document of India.On this Occasion,President Ram Nath Kovind Unfurled the Flag with 21 gun Shots in the Background.
- Name the South African President who was the Chief Guest of the 70th Republic Day celebrations of India?
1) Nicholas Mada Bio
2) Cyril Ramaphosa
3) Scott Emerson
4) Reginald Dunkins
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Cyril Ramaphosa
On 26th January 2019,India Celebrated its 70th Republic Day. South Africa’s President Cyril Ramaphosa,was the Chief Guest of the 70th Republic Day. This is the second time,South African President is Chief Guest for Republic Day,the first such occasion was held in 1995 when the late Nelson Mandela visited India as the Chief Guest for the Republic day.
- President Ram Nath Kovind Conferred Ashok Chakra, India’s highest peacetime gallantry honour to militant-turned-soldier ____, on 26th January 2019?
1) Lance Naik Nazir Ahmad Wani
2) Lance Naik Siraj Al Nassir
3) Lance Naik Amarnath Desai
4) Lance Naik Pradeep Dawan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Lance Naik Nazir Ahmad Wani
On 70th Republic Day, President Ram Nath Kovind Conferred Ashok Chakra, India’s highest peacetime gallantry honour to militant-turned-soldier,Lance Naik Nazir Ahmad Wani.Wani, hails from Cheki Ashmuji in Kulgam district of Jammu and Kashmir, who lost his life in a counter-terror operation against six terrorists in Hirapur village near Batgund in Shopian. Wani was a recipient of the Sena Medal for gallantry twice in 2007 and 2018.
- Who became the 1st woman to lead a contingent of the India Army Service Corps, during Republic Day celebrations of India?
1) Lt Apoorva Krish
2) Lt Kasturi
3) Lt Srishti Savarna
4) Lt Anu Chhabra
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Lt Kasturi
On 26th January 2019,India Celebrated its 70th Republic Day. Four Indian National Army (INA) veterans(Parmanand, Lalti Ram, Hira Singh and Bhagmal),all Aged above 90 took part in the Republic Day parade for the First time,under the theme ‘Veterans: Accelerators in Nation’s Growth’. First time in history,‘Nari Shakti’ was displayed as the Assam Rifles tableau had all women contingent, led by Maj.Khushboo Kanwar, marched to the tune Assam Rifles kay Sipahi, Desh ki Humnay Shaan badhai. Lt Kasturi becomes 1st woman,who led a contingent of the India Army Service Corps.
- _____ became the first woman to perform bike stunts, alongside her male teammates as part of daredevils, during Republic Day celebrations of India?
1) Capt Shikha Surabhi
2) Capt Akanksha
3) Capt Anu Malik
4) Capt Vedika Sundar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Capt Shikha Surabhi
On 26th January 2019,India Celebrated its 70th Republic Day. Capt Shikha Surabhi from the Corps of Signals became the first woman to perform bike stunts, alongside her male teammates as part of daredevils. For First Time,IAF Flies Plane Using Blend Of Jet Fuel And Biofuel During Republic Day Parade.
- Where was the 4th edition of ‘Bharat Parv’ event showcasing the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat inaugurated on 26th January 2019?
1) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) New Delhi
On 26th January 2019, 4th edition of ‘Bharat Parv’ event showcasing the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat was inaugurated in Red Fort, NewDelhi. It will concluded on 31st January, 2019. Statue of Unity was replicated in Bharat Parv and Paintings on the theme of ‘Ideology of Mahatma Gandhi’ are created. Republic Day parade tableaux, performances by the Armed Forces bands and photo exhibition are displayed.
- Name the mobile application launched by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to help people watch the highlights of 2019 Republic Day parade?
1) Republic 2K19
2) RDP INDIA 2019
3) RDP Watch
4) RDP Steam
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) RDP INDIA 2019
On 26th January 2019,India Celebrated its 70th Republic Day.This Day honour the date on which the Constitution of India came into effect on 26th January 1950 replacing the Government of India Act (1935) as the governing document of India.On this Occasion,President Ram Nath Kovind Unfurled the Flag with 21 gun Shots in the Background. ‘RDP INDIA 2019’-a mobile application was launched by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman which can help,People to watch the highlights of this year’s Republic Day parade.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Director & CEO of SBI Card?Answer – Hardayal Prasad
- Chairperson of IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India) is ____?Answer – Subhash Chandra Khuntia
- Name the MD and CEO of National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Limited (NCDEX)?Answer – Vijay Kumar
- Where is the headquarters of Defence-Research and Development Organization (DRDO)?Answer – New Delhi
- Who is the Chairman and Managing Director of BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited)?Answer – Anupam Shrivastava