AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs January 20 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs December 2018 PDF
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi launch India’s first National Museum of Indian Cinema that portrays over a century-old journey of movies in India, on 19th January 2019?
1) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mumbai
On 19th January 2019,Prime Minister of India,Shri Narendra Modi launched the Country’s First National Museum of Indian Cinema in Mumbai,Maharashtra, that seeks to portray over a century-old journey of movies in India. The state-of-the-art museum has been built at a cost of Rs 140.61 crore and is housed in two buildings – the New Museum Building and the 19th century historic palace Gulshan Mahal – in the Films Division campus in Mumbai. The National Museum of Indian Cinema was build under the guidance by the Museum Advisory Committee headed by noted film maker Shyam Benegal. An innovation Committee headed by lyricist Prasoon Joshi was also constituted to provide an upgrade to NMIC.
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the 426 metre long Diffo Bridge over Chipu River in which state on 18th January 2019?
1) Himachal Pradesh
2) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Arunachal Pradesh
On 18th January 2019, Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the 426 metres long Diffo Bridge over Chipu River in Lower Dibang Valley District of Arunachal Pradesh. Border Roads Organization (BRO) has constructed the bridge along Indo-China border. The construction of the bridge began in 2011. The total cost to build the bridge was Rs 4,847.83 lakh and was funded by the Union ministry of road transport and highways. The Bridge will make travelling from east part to west part of Arunachal Pradesh very convenient and time saving.
- Where was the 25th International conference and exhibition on terrestrial and satellite broadcasting, BES EXPO 2019, held from 17th to 19th January 2019?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
On 17th January 2019 inaugurated the 25th International conference and exhibition on terrestrial and satellite broadcasting, BES EXPO 2019 was inaugurated by the Information and Broadcasting Secretary Amit Khare and TRAI Chairman RS Sharma in New Delhi. The theme of the exhibition is “Next Gen Broadcasting in the IT World”. The Exhibition was concluded on 19th January 2019. More than 300 companies from 25 countries from around the world have displayed their product at the BES EXPO 2019. The conference was organized for the 25th consecutive year and will be attended by more than 1000 delegates. BES EXPO 2019 was organized by Broadcast Engineering Society (India), endorsed by DRM U.K. and supported by Prasar Bharati, ABU Malaysia, AES India, Ministry of Communications & IT and Society of Broadcast Engineers, U.S.A.
- Government approved setting up of Three Naval air Squadrons in Gujarat and _____ to enrich Indian Navy’s overall strength, on 18th January 2019?
2) Tamil Nadu
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Tamil Nadu
On 18th January 2019, Government approved Setting up of Three Naval air Squadrons in Gujarat and Tamil Nadu. This Decision is taken to enrich the Indian Navy’s Overall Strength. In addition to this approval Government of India also approved recruitment of ManPower for Dornier Surveillance Squadrons located in Kerala and Andaman Islands. In 2016, contract for procurement of Dornier 228 maritime surveillance aircraft was signed with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. The Aircraft would enhance Maritime Domain Awareness of Indian Navy through round the clock sensor based surveillance and provide targeting data in areas of operation to ward off terror and other threats from sea.
- Which state government announced the extension of free health services under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana (BSKY) to all medical colleges and hospitals of Odisha from 1st February 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Odisha
On 17th January 2019, Odisha Chief Minister, Shri Naveen Patnaik announced the extension of free health services under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana(BSKY) to all medical colleges and hospitals of Odisha from 1st February 2019. Earlier the free health services under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana also known cashless care were available to all at sub-centres in villages and district headquarters hospitals. Under the scheme, all the patients irrespective of APL or BPL category will be eligible to avail the free health services at government medical colleges and hospitals. An Additional provision of over Rs 100 crore was made for this scheme by state government from its budget.
- Where was the Agri-Vision 2019 conference on ‘envisioning Agro-solutions for smart and Sustainable Agriculture” held on 17th and 18th January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Hyderabad
On 17th January 2019, Vice-President of India Shri Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the 2-days Agri-Vision 2019 conference on ‘envisioning Agro-solutions for smart and Sustainable Agriculture” in Hyderabad, Telangana. The conference was concluded on 18th January 2019. The Agro-vision 2019 conference was jointly organized by the Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Cornell University, USA. Vice-Chancellor of PJTSAU, Dr V Praveen Rao chaired a Panel discussion on “Technology in Agri Entrepreneurship: Success stories and experiences from the progressive farmers”. Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra, Director General of Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) chaired a session on “Post-harvest management and value addition of foods: Role of Farmer Producer’s organization (FPOs) in improving Market Access” on 18th January 2019.
- Indian Air Force AN-32 transport aircraft landed on ______ which is Sikkim’s first airport and one of the highest airfields of India, on 16th January 2019?
1) Pakyong Airport
2) Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport
3) Lengpui Airport
4) Nal Airport
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Pakyong Airport
On 16th January 2019, Indian Air Force AN-32 transport aircraft landed on the Sikkim’s first airport and one of the highest airfields of the country, Pakyong Airport. The Pakyong Airport which is just 60 km away from India-china border is situated at 4500 feet above sea level and it was inaugurated by Indian Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi in September 2018. It was the first landing by an AN-32 class aircraft on the Pokyong Airport and the crew was led by Wing Commander SK Singh. A Dronier aircraft of Indian Air Force had already landed on Pokyong Airport. Pokyong Airport was developed to boost connectivity land-locked state, Sikkim with rest of the country.
- Which state government lifted ban on sale of live fish on 17th January 2019, three days after it banned the sale, transportation and storage of all kinds of fish, either dead or alive?
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bihar
On 17th January 2019, the Bihar government lifted ban on sale of live fish, three days after it banned the sale, transportation and storage of all kinds of fish, dead or alive in Patna for 15 days. The ban on live fish was lifted following a directive from CM Nitish Kumar, who was upset after reports of growing protests by fishermen and vendors selling fish despite a blanket ban on all kinds of fish in Patna.
- Who will head an 11-member working group constituted by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy board of India (IBBI) to study the concept of ‘Group Insolvency’ and suggest a suitable framework?
1) Surya Prakash A
2) Mani Sharma
3) Pratiksha Jain
4) U.K. Sinha
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) U.K. Sinha
Former Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), U.K. Sinha will head an 11-member working group constituted by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy board of India (IBBI) to study the concept of ‘Group Insolvency’ and suggest a suitable framework. The Working Group have to submit the report within two months recommending a regulatory framework to facilitate insolvency resolutions and liquidation of corporate debtors in a Group. It was noted that Corporate groups falls apart in insolvency and thereby thwart the chances of their restructuring. Group Insolvency will prevent this situation. Group Insolvency will be very beneficial in a situation where two or more applications are pending in the same court against debtors in the same group. Managing Director of State Bank of India, Anshula Kant and Executive Director and CFO of Tata Steel, Koushik Chatterjee are members this working group.
- Government announced that Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and which company are in dialogue to form a world class consortium to initially build the first lithium Ion battery plant in India, on 18th January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Libcoin
On 18th January 2019, Government announced that Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Libcoin are in dialogue to form a world class consortium to initially build the first lithium Ion battery plant in India. The Initial capacity of the plant will be 1GWh and it will be scaled up to 30 GWh in due course. This project will bring energy independence by replacing oil imports with abundant renewable energy sources. The aim of the project is to create integrated manufacturing ecosystem resulting in self-reliance and lower cost. This project will includes “Made by India, for India” with focus on core cost component manufactured domestically. The cutting edge digital technologies to replace high CAPEX and high OPEX processes will be the highlight of this project in India.
- Name the Indian-American philanthropist and entrepreneur who was presented with the Rosa Park Trailblazer award on 19th January 2019, for his campaign that forced United States authorities change their policy towards headgear of Sikh community?
1) Amarinder Singh
2) Gurinder Singh Khalsa
3) Kuldeep Singh
4) Arpit Singh Mungla
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Gurinder Singh Khalsa
On 19th January 2019, an Indian-American philanthropist and entrepreneur, Gurinder Singh Khalsa (45), has been presented with the prestigious Rosa Park Trailblazer award for his campaign that forced US authorities change their policy towards headgear of the Sikh community. In 2007, Khalsa was refused access to board an airplane because of his turban.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved the appointment of _____ as MD and CEO of IDFC First Bank for a period of three years, on 17th January 2019?
1) Shankar Ramakrishnan
2) V Vaidyanathan
3) Amit Tiwari
4) Parthiv Singhania
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) V Vaidyanathan
On 17th January 2019, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved the appointment of V Vaidyanathan as MD and CEO of IDFC First Bank for a period of three years. The Tenure of V Vaidyanathan started from 19th December 2019. V Vaidyanathan is the founder and chairman of Capital First. IDFC Bank and non-banking financial company Capital First completed their merger in December 2018 and created a loan asset book of 1.03 Lakh crore for the merged entity IDFC First bank.
- Who was elected the Prime Minister of Sweden for a second term on 18th January 2019?
1) Stefan Lofven
2) Hadley Xavier
3) Steve Smith
4) Fabian Jerald
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Stefan Lofven
On 18th January 2019, Sweden ended a four-month political vacuum when lawmakers elected 61 years old Swedish Social Democratic Party’s leader Stefan Lofven as the Prime Minister of Sweden for a second term. Stefan Lofven was succeeded in his second attempt to form government with 153 votes while 115 votes against him. Government is formed in coalition with the Green Party and in budget cooperation with Center Party and the Liberals. Legislative Elections in Sweden were held in September 2018 and no main parliamentary bloc win majority in these elections.
- Name the Indian-American lawmaker who has been appointed as a member of a Congressional committee on intelligence of America, becoming the first South Asian to occupy the post?
1) Raja Krishnamoorthy
2) Abilash Chandra
3) Madan Lal Khurana
4) Jashn Adia
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Raja Krishnamoorthy
Indian-American Democratic lawmaker Raja Krishnamoorthy has been appointed as a member of a Congressional committee on intelligence, becoming the first South Asian to serve in the powerful body tasked to strengthen America’s national security. Krishnamoorthy, 45, who represents Illinois’s 8th congressional district in the house, was chosen along with Congresswoman Val Demings of Florida, Sean Patrick Maloney of New York and Peter Welch of Vermont as the four new Democratic members of the house permanent select committee on intelligence (HPSCI) for the 116th Congress.
- India’s first Light combat helicopter (LCH) successfully carried out air-to-air missile firing on a moving aerial target in Chandipur, Odisha, on 17th January 2019. This LCH was designed and developed by which organisation?
1) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
4) Tata Defence Pvt. Ltd.
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
On 17th January 2019,Light combat helicopter (LCH),has successfully carried out air-to-air missile firing on a moving aerial target at the integrated test range in Chandipur on Odisha coast.This LCH is first in the country,which is designed and developed by Rotary Wing Research & Design Centre (RWRDC),Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). The helicopter is equipped with helmet mounted sight and a forward looking infrared sighting system, allowing its pilots to detect and destroy any target on ground or in the air. Other weapons on the LCH include a 20mm Turret gun and 70 mm Rockets,that had completed the test last year.
- ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) announced that two unmanned space missions will be launched in the year 2020 and ____?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 2021
On 18th January 2019,ISRO announced that two unmanned space missions to be launched in the year 2020 and 2021. Country’s first manned space flight Gaganyaan will send three humans into space for seven days by December 2021,which will carry humanoids not animals. Inorder to boost the Space Mission in India,the Union Cabinet had approved Rs 10,000 crore budget for the proposed human spaceflight mission. ISRO would launch a one month ‘Young Scientists programme to provide them with practical experience in building satellites. ISRO will develop an incubation center at Tripura and four more will be created at Trichy, Nagpur, Rourkela, and Indore.
- A Volcano erupted on Mount Shindake on Kuchinoerabu island of which country, spewing ash and smoke up to 6000 metres into the air, on 17th January 2019?
4) South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Japan
On 17th January 2019, A Volcano was erupted on Mount Shindake on Kuchinoerabu island of Japan which spewed ash and smoke up to 6000 metres into the air. All the 140 people living on the Kuchinoerabu Island were evacuated after the violent eruption. Japan has 110 active volcanoes. Kuchinoerabu Island is 1,000km southwest of the capital, Tokyo and has an area of 38 square kilometers. The entire island lies within the borders of the Kirishima-Yaku National Park. Mount Shindake had experienced explosive eruption in 2015. Meteorological Agency of Japan had alerted people for volcanic rocks and pyroclastic flows.
- Jasvinder Singh Sandhu passed away after suffering from cancer in Haryana, on 19th January 2019. He was a _____?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Politician
On 19th January 2019, Indian National Lok Dal (INLD)’s senior leader and MLA Jasvinder Singh Sandhu passed away after Suffering from Cancer at the age of 63 in Haryana. He had been elected to the Haryana Vidhan Sabha from the Pehowa seat in 1991, 1996, 2000 and 2014. He had also served as the agriculture minister of the state.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Chairman of Insolvency and Bankruptcy board of India (IBBI)?Answer – M.S. Sahoo
- What is the capital and currency of Sweden?Answer – Captial-Stockholm; Currency- Swedish Krona
- Who is the Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)?Answer – Atul Sobti
- Where is Kasu Brahmananda Reddy National Park located?Answer – Telangana
- Who is the Chairman of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)?Answer – Ram Sewak Sharma