AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs January 11 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs December 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
Click Here to Read Current Affairs January 11 2019
- Where was the 4th edition of Raisina Dialogue, India’s flagship annual geopolitical and geostrategic conference, held from 8th to 10th January 2019?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
From 8th January to 10th January 2019, 4th Edition of Raisina Dialogue was organized by Ministry of External Affairs in partnership with Observer Research Foundation in New Delhi. The Theme of the Dialogue was “A World Reorder: New Geometries; Fluid Partnerships; Uncertain Outcomes”. The Raisina Dialogue whose first edition was held in 2015 is India’s flagship annual geopolitical and geostrategic conference. The Aim of the Discussion was to address the issues arising from ongoing global transitions and changes to the world order triggered by unique leadership, innovative partnerships and new technologies. The Inaugural address was delivered by the Prime Minister of Norway H E Ms Erna Solberg in the presence of India’s Prime Minister, Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj. More than 600 delegates from 93 countries of the world including influential political leaders, strategic thinkers, policy practitioners, technology innovators and business representatives shared their Vision in the Raisina Dialogue.
- India’s longest 300-meter single-lane steel cable suspension bridge over Siang River was inaugurated in which state on 10th January 2019?
2) Himachal Pradesh
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Arunachal Pradesh
On 10th January 2019, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu inaugurated India’s longest 300-meter single- lane steel cable suspension bridge over Siang River in Upper Siang district of state bordering China. The suspension bridge, also known as Byorung Bridge was built at a cost of Rs 4,843 crore and funded by the ministry of development of North Eastern Region under Non Lapsable Central Pool of Resources scheme. It will reduce the distance from Yingkiong to Tuting town by almost 40 km. The earlier road length was 192 km. Chief Minister Pema Khandu said the newly inaugurated bridge will benefit about 20,000 people residing on both sides of the bank of Siang River and will boost military preparedness.
- Central Public Works Department (CPWD) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with ____ to promote energy efficiency in buildings for 5 years on 10th January 2019?
1) Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
2) Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
4) Tata Power Pvt. Ltd.
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
On January 10, 2019, the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) and the Central Public Works Department (CPWD) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on cooperation in building energy efficiency for five years. According to the MOU, BEE and CPWD will cooperate on:
• promoting designs and construction of Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) compliant new buildings,
• star rating of CPWD managed buildings across the country with no registration or renewal fee,
• awareness on energy efficiency in building sector and support for capacity building of CPWD officials in ECBC.
- Where was the first edition of the ‘National Consultation on Child Protection’ 2019 held on 8th January 2019?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On January 8, 2019, First 2019 edition of the ‘National Consultation on Child Protection’ was held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, under the Chairmanship of the Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development. Following were the objectives of the meeting:
• To follow up on the exercise of monitoring of the CCIs by States/UTs,
• To deliberate upon various aspects of child protection and
• to take stock of the efforts made by States/UTs regarding improvements in the Child Care Institutions.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated the Gangajal project, worth Rs.2880 crores, to the nation, on 9th January 2019. It would provide which city with 140 cusecs of Ganga water?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Agra
On January 9, 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Agra in Uttar Pradesh for one day. This is Modi’s second visit to the city after his initial visit in 2016. On his one-day visit to Agra, the PM launched a series of development projects worth Rs. 2980 Crores for the Agra city and the adjoining areas. They are as follows:
• He dedicated the Gangajal project, worth Rs.2880 crores, to the nation. It would provide Agra with better and more assured water supply and bring 140 cusecs of Ganga water to Agra.
• He laid the foundation Stone of Integrated Command and Control Centre for Agra Smart City at a cost of Rs.285 crores. This will enable installations of CCTVs throughout Agra City for monitoring and surveillance purposes.
• Under Ayushman Bharat Yojana. the Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of the upgradation of SN Medical College in Agra at an estimated cost of Rs.200 Crore. It will add 100 bed maternity wing in the Women’s hospital,
• He also laid the foundation stone of sewerage network project for the western part of Agra, under AMRUT scheme, to improved sanitation facility in over 50000 houses.
- Which country retained its top position in the Henley Passport Index of most powerful passports, on 10th January 2019?
4) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Japan
On January 10,2019,According to Henley Passport Index, which keeps in record and analyses of every country’s travel afford revealed a report of powerful passport holding country, in which Japan has retained its position to the top for the consecutive year. A total of 190 countries are analyzed here.
- What is the rank of India in the Henley Passport Index of most powerful passports, released on 10th January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 79
On January 10,2019,According to Henley Passport Index, which keeps in record and analyses of every country’s travel afford revealed a report of powerful passport holding country, in which Japan has retained its position to the top for the consecutive year and India has leaped two steps forward to 79th rank. A total of 190 countries are analyzed here. The Henley index ranks world’s passports based on how many countries they can get the holder access to without a prior visa. An Indian passport holder can visit 61 countries without a pre-travel visa. According to the ranking by Henley and Partners Passport Index,
• Afghanistan and Iraq – 104
• Pakistan came close to them at 102.
The US passport gives its citizens access to 185 countries without the need for a prior visa and shares the sixth spot with UK, Austria, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland, Belgium and Canada. Pakistan is at the bottom of the list,is a thin line better than under developed countries like Somalia, Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq.
- Reserve Bank of India has agreed to disburse Sri Lanka’s loan amount of _____ to boost the nation’s reserve?
1) USD 100 million
2) USD 400 million
3) USD 300 million
4) USD 200 million
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) USD 400 million
On January 9, 2019, the Reserve bank of India has agreed to disbursed sri lanka’s loan amount of USD 400 million to boost the nation’s reserve.RBI has agreed to issue the fund under the SARRC SWAP facility system.It is also said that another request of currency swap USD 1 billion is under process . RBI’ S assistance is appreciated by the Sri Lanka government and it will help the nation to recover and build itself from the political and constitutional crisis that is prevailing in the nation. The RBI’s very rapid and timely assistance will serve to boost investor confidence by supporting Sri Lanka to maintain adequate level of external reserves while accommodating outflow related to imports, debt servicing and if necessary support for the currency to avoid disorderly adjustment. Due to the political crisis ,the nation’s economic rating is downgraded by the leading credit rating agenices- Moody’ s’, S&P rating,Fitch Rating. Sri lanka is to move forward to IMF for further finaicial assistance.IMF has hold back its discussion about next loan for sri lanka because of the political crisis. After IMF’s review ,Sri Lanka is to receive sixth tranche of USD 250 million as a loan amount,total amount would be disbursed as the seventh tranche in the mid of 2019.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved which country’s Pasargad Bank to open branches in Mumbai for easing trade related transactions, on 8th January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Iran
On January 8, 2019, the Union Road Minister Nitin Gadkari, on successful meeting with Iran’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Mohammad Javad Zarif, announced that Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved Iran’s Pasargad Bank to open branches in Mumbai for easing trade related transactions. The bank branch would be made operational within 3 months. This move will help India to operationalise the strategic Chabahar port in the Sistan-Balochistan province of Iran. From the Indian side, UCO Bank and Pasargad Bank of Iran will facilitate transactions relating to operation of berths at Chabahar port. India has placed USD 85 million machinery order for Chabahar.
- Name the head of the Research advisory committee(RAC) formed by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to help and analyse the new methods of policy making for the development of capital market, on 8th January 2019?
1) Ajay Kumar S
2) Sankar De
3) Manish Arora
4) Dinesh Wadia
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sankar De
On January 8th 2019,Market regulator SEBI has set up a advisory Research advisory committee(RAC) that will help and analyse the new methods of policy making for the development of capital market.The committee formed will be headed by Sankar De. This committee is formed with an objective to define the objective of creating the policy for the development of the capital market and for as bridge between the analytical research to formation of the policy. For promotion and developing the researches that are relevant to the capital market. Exploring the research collaboration with external researchers from both domestic and international agencies. Another important factor for the formation of this committee is to maintain the database related to the capital market.
- GST Council approved doubling of exemption threshold under Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime to Rs 40 lakh along with raising the turnover limit under composition scheme to ______ with effect from April 1, 2019?
1) Rs 1.5 crore
2) Rs 2 crore
3) Rs 2.5 crore
4) Rs 3 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 1.5 crore
On 10th January, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley raised the annual turnover for availing composition scheme to Rs 1.5 crore from Rs 1 crore effective from April 1, 2019 to provide relief to small businesses under Goods and Services (GST) regime. It is said that “those who come under the composition scheme will pay tax quarterly, but the return will be filed once a year”. The Goods and Services (GST) exemption limit has been doubled to Rs. 40 lakh annual turnover and Rs 20 lakh for northeastern states. It is also said that small companies would have the option to opt out of the GST tax net, adding that services and goods providers will get the benefit of composition tax.
- The pavilion of which organization received ‘Exhibitor of the Year Award’ at the 106th Indian Science Congress held at Lovely Professional University (LPU), in Phagwara, Punjab, on 7th January 2019?
1) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
3) Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)
4) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
On January 7, 2019, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) pavilion received ‘Exhibitor of the Year Award’ at 106th Indian Science Congress held at Lovely Professional University (LPU), Phagwara, Punjab. DRDO’s outdoor exhibits included surface-to-air missile system – Akash, model of BrahMos missile, remotely operated vehicle – Daksh, heavy weight torpedo – Varunastra, Laser Ordnance Disposal System (LORDS) and Vehicle Mounted Dazzler etc. DRDO pavilion also had a dedicated stall on Technology Development Fund (TDF) Scheme for promoting public/private industries especially MSMEs. It also provided information on ‘Kalam’s vision: Dare to Dream’ the pan India online contest for engaging young minds in emerging technologies namely Artificial intelligence, Cyber security, Robotics, Autonomous Systems, etc.
- Who took over as Facebook India’s new Vice President and MD on 8th January 2019?
1) Gowtham Subramaniam
2) Ajit Mohan
3) Pranav Roy
4) Anuj Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ajit Mohan
On January 8, 2019, Ajit Mohan officially took over as Facebook India’s new Vice President and MD. He succeeded Umang Bedi who left the post on October 2017. Mohan, a former CEO of Hotstar, was earlier appointed to lead as India’s head for the company in September 2018.
- Name the person who was appointed the President of Alliance for Media Freedom (AFMF), a cross-media advocacy and action group of media organization, promoters and journalists, on 9th January 2019?
1) Vikram Pandey
2) Narasimhan Ram
3) Binu Joseph
4) Rudhramoorthy S
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Narasimhan Ram
On 9th January 2019, Narasimhan Ram, Chairman, THG Publishing Private Limited, has been appointed President of the Alliance for Media Freedom (AFMF), a cross- media advocacy and action group of media organization, promoters and journalists. While appointing him as the president of the Alliance, his role in thwarting the efforts of governments and authoritarian elements to impede the independent functioning of the media was commended. The Alliance for Media Freedom (AFMF) is dedicated to work for the cause of media freedom, media independence and the safety of the journalists.
- Scientists of which institute have created ‘space fuel’ by trapping carbon dioxide in crystalline form with the help of water molecules which would help to curb greenhouse gases?
1) Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), Delhi
2) National Institute of Technology (NIT), Kanpur
3) Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc), Bengaluru
4) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
On January 9, 2019, IIT-Madras team created ‘space fuel’ by trapping carbon dioxide in crystalline form with the help of water molecules. This would in future help to curb greenhouse gases. This was made in vacuum, one thousand billion times below the atmospheric pressure called ultra-high vacuum (UHV) and temperature close to minus 263 degree Celsius. These conditions are present in deep space which they mimicked in the lab. The Study was published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS).
- Who created history by winning the 80th National Table Tennis Championship for the 9th time in men’s category, which was held in Cuttack, Odisha, from 4th to 9th January 2019?
1) Sathyan G
2) Achanta Sharath Kamal
3) Ram Prakash
4) Varun Diwan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Achanta Sharath Kamal
On 4th January 2019, 80th National Table Tennis Championship organized by Odisha State Table Tennis Association (OSTTA) began at Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium in Cuttack, Odisha. The event concluded on 9th January 2019. 35 teams including 550 players from different part of the country participated in the mega Championship at Cuttack. Achanta Sharath Kamal created the history by winning the 80th National Table Tennis Championship for the ninth time in men’s category. Archana Kamath won the Women’s Title at the 80th National Table tennis Championship.
- Which boxer attained the first position in the latest women’s ranking released by International Boxing Association (AIBA) in the Light Fly 45-48 kilograms category with 1700 points?
1) Pinky Jangra
2) Mary Kom
3) Hanna Okhoto
4) Sonia Lather
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mary Kom
On 10th January 2019, 36 years old boxer, M C Mary Kom attained the first position in the latest ranking released by the International Boxing Association (AIBA) in the Light Fly 45-48 kilograms category with 1700 points. Ukraine’s Hanna Okhoto ranked number 2 in the ranking released by AIBA with 1100 points. Mary Kom will have to jump to 51 kg category in order to participate in 2020 Olympics because 48 kg Category is not included in the Olympics yet. Mary Kom has already achieved the feat to become the first woman boxer to win six world championship. Pinki Jangra has been placed 8th in the 51 kg Category whereas Asian Silver Medalist Manisha Maun is place 8th in 54 kg Category. Former World Silver-Medalist Sonia Lather was placed 2nd in 57 Kg Category and India Open gold-Medalist and world bronze winner Lovlina Borgohain has been place at 5th Position.
- Who was removed as head coach of India’s senior men’s hockey team on 9th January 2019?
1) Harpal Yadav
2) Ramesh Powar
3) Kuldeep Sharma
4) Harendra Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Harendra Singh
On 9th January 2019, meeting of Hockey India Performance and Development Committee held and decided to remove Harendra Singh as the coach of India’s senior men’s team. Harinder Singh was reprimanded by International Hockey Federation, founded guilty of breaching level 1, 2.2 k of code of conduct. He was appointed as the senior side’s coach in May 2018.
- Which cricketer broke Bishan Singh Bedi’s 44-year record as the highest wicket-taker in a Ranji Trophy season after claiming his 65th scalp on 9th January 2019?
1) Kunal Kashyap
2) Rohit Joshua
3) Ashutosh Aman
4) Saran Holla
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ashutosh Aman
On 9th January 2019, Bihar left- arm spinner Ashutosh Aman etched his name in record books, surpassing Bishan Singh Bedi’s 44-year record as the highest wicket-taker in a Ranji Trophy season after claiming his 65th scalp in Moun-ul-Haq stadium Patna, Bihar. Ashutosh Aman hails from Gaya, Bihar and he is also an employee in Indian Air Force. He made his first class debut for Bihar in 2018-19 Ranji trophy on 1st November 2018.
- Who is the author of the book “We Are Displaced: My Journey and Stories from Refugee Girls Around the World”?
1) Michelle Obama
2) Malala Yousafzai
3) Zia Jefferson
4) Sandra Philip
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Malala Yousafzai
On 8th Janurary 2019,Malala yousafzai,the youth icon of the world and the Noble Prize winner has come up with the new book,”We Are Displaced” about my Journey and Stories from Refugee Girls Around the World .Through this story,she tells about her experience of travelling through the world and visiting the refugees.this book can also be considered as the depiction of her inner self ,who was devastated from her homeland.Malala ,as an international activist,travelled all over the world,but was not welcomed where she belong to.we are displaced is her third book which spotlights the pain of refugees girls and their courageous act to over come it.
- When was Non Resident Day or Bharatiya Pravasi Day celebrated to mark the contribution of overseas Indian community in the development of India?
1) January 6
2) January 7
3) January 8
4) January 9
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) January 9
On 9th January 2019, Non Resident Day or Bharatiya Pravasi Day is celebrated, marks the contribution of overseas Indian community in the development of India. This day is celebrated to strengthen the engagement of the overseas Indian community with the Government of India and reconnect them with their roots. On 9th January 2019, Mahatma Gandhi came to India from South Africa and became the greatest Pravasi who led India’s freedom Struggle. Earlier till 2015, it was celebrated every year and now in every two year.
- World Hindi day celebrated on 10th January 2019 marks the anniversary of the first World Hindi Conference held in ____?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 1975
On 10th January 2019 every year, World Hindi day celebrated, marking the anniversary of first World Hindi Conference which was held in 1975 and inaugurated by the then prime minister Indira Gandhi. World Hindi Conference was first observed on 10th January, 2006. Since then, it is celebrated on 10th January every year. The main focus of World Hindi Day is “to promote the language at the global stage”. Whereas National Hindi Diwas is celebrated every year on 14th September, marks the adaption of Hindi, written in Devanagari script as the official language.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Name the Chairman and headquarters of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)?Answer – Chairman – Ajay Tyagi; Headquarters – Mumbai
- Who is the Director General of Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)?Answer – Abhay Bakre
- Where is the headquarters of International Boxing Association (AIBA)?Answer – Lausanne, Switzerland
- Which state houses the Sandi Bird Sanctuary?Answer – Uttar Pradesh
- The Prime Minister of Sri Lanka is _____?Answer – Ranil Wickremesinghe
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification