AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs February 9 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- In which District does Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated New High Court Circuit Bench during his State Visit to West Bengal?
5)None of theseAnswer – 3) Jalpaiguri
Prime Minister Narendra Singh Modi has marked a rally in West Bengal’s Jalpaiguri making it the 3rd in the state within a week after 2 rallies in Thakurnagar and Durgapur. He has inaugurated New High Court Circuit Bench in Jalpaiguri. This will facilitate justice to public of Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Jalpaiguri and Cooch Behar in North Bengal.
- According to the Agriculture Census 2015-16 released by Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare,Farmers are Categorized as _______________ if which he holds below 1 hectare of land?
5)None of theseAnswer – 1) Marginal
On 6th February 2019, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Issued Categorization of farmers in agriculture census. Agriculture census was held at 2015-16 which is conducted in every five years.
Categorisation of operational holdings as per Agriculture Census
Below 1.00 hectare
10.00 hectare and above
- On which River does,2nd Phase of River Information System (RIS) between Farakka and Patna(National Waterway-1) was inaugurated by Union Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari?
5)None of theseAnswer – 1) River Ganga
Union Minister, Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the 2nd Phase of River Information System (RIS) between Farakka and Patna on National Waterway-1 (River Ganga) in Prayagraj on 8th February 2019. The 2nd Phase of RIS is aimed at enhancing swift electronic data transfer so as to boost movement of Cargo and Fishery Development in river Ganga.
- Under Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DAR&PG),India and which country signed the MoU for training its Civil Servants for next 6 Years?
5)None of theseAnswer – 3)Bangladesh
On February 8,2019,India and Bangladesh have signed an MOU for training 1800 Bangladesh Civil Servants under Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DAR&PG). The MoU was signed between the NCGG and the Ministry of Public Administration, and Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh for the tenure of 6 years.
- Which State/UT hosted the Indian Ocean Rim Association(IORA) Meeting to enhance its resilience in IORA countries according to its ‘2017-2021’ Action plan?
5)None of theseAnswer – 4)NewDelhi
Indian Ocean Rim Association meet was organised in New Delhi with the collaboration of Ministry of Home Affairs with the Ministry of External Affairs and National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) solely based on Disaster Risk Management. IORA has set Disaster Risk Management its priority to enhance resilience in IORA countries according to its ‘2017-2021’ Action plan.
- What is the theme of 2nd ASEAN – India Youth Summit,which was recently held in Guwahati,Assam?
1)Micro Irrigation and Modern Agriculture
2)Shaping a New India
3)Connectivity : Pathway to Shared Prosperity
4)Hindi Excellence on this Era of Innovation
5)None of theseAnswer – 3) Connectivity : Pathway to Shared Prosperity
On 7th February 2019, 2nd ASEAN – India Youth Summit concluded in Guwahati which was conducted to strengthen the mutual cooperation among ASEAN countries. It was inaugurated by Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal and Union Minister of State for Tourism K J Alphons. The theme of the summit was ‘Connectivity : Pathway to Shared Prosperity’.
- Name the tribe residing in Arunachal Pradesh,celebrates Boori Boot Yollo festival?
5)None of theseAnswer – 1) Nyishi
Nyishi tribe celebrated ‘Boori Boot Yollo festival’ with great enthusiasm to welcome spring and a successful harvest.Nyishi is the largest community in Arunachal Pradesh,found in Daporijo, Upper Subansiri Locale and Raga and Dollungmukh ranges of Lower Subansiri Region of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Sentinelese are the Tribe,who is at the verge of extinction are the inhabitants of which Island?
1)North Sentinel Island
2)South Sentinel Island
3)West Sentinel Island
4)East Sentinel Island
5)None of theseAnswer – 1) North Sentinel Island
The Sentinelese Tribe are the inhabitants of North Sentinel Island in the Bay of Bengal in India .The Sentinelese tribe is at the verge of extinction.The 2011 census estimates their quantities at a mere 50.The North Sentinel Island along with 5 km coastal sea is remarked as a tribal reserve.
- Which State/UT has the highest number of hospitals empanelled under Pradhan Mantri Arogya Yojana as on February 5,2019?
5)None of theseAnswer – 3) Gujarat
14,000 hospitals were empanelled under Pradhan Mantri Arogya Yojana so far.The highest number of 2677 suchhospitals are in Gujarat followed by Tamil Nadu with 1709 hospitals. They are followed by Chhattisgarhwith 1340 hospitals and West Bengal with 1240.
- 1.5 Crore Workers are benefitted from the PMRPY,which incentivise employers for generating jobs.PMRPY Stands for?
1)Pradhanmantri Rozgar Protsahan Yojna
2)Pradhanmantri Rural Pension Yojna
3)Pradhanmantri Rozgar Pension Yojna
4)Pradhanmantri Rural Protsahan Yojna
5)None of theseAnswer – 1) Pradhanmantri Rozgar Protsahan Yojna
Around 1.5 crore workers have benefitted from the Pradhanmantri Rozgar Protsahan Yojna (PMRPY), which incentivise employers for generating jobs. The government has spent Rs 3,648 crore under the programme.
- What was the target year,that India has set to eliminate Tuberculosis?
5)None of theseAnswer – 2)2025
India has set the target to eliminate Tuberculosis in India by 2025. Launching the TB Free India Campaign at ‘Delhi End TB Summit’, Modi said his government is implementing a national strategic plan (NSP) to end TB by 2025.
- Which Country approved to sell two of its advanced missile to India for an estimated cost of $190 million?
5)None of theseAnswer – 1)U.S
US agreed to sell two of its advanced missile to India for Air India one. US approved the purchase of the two systems known as Large Aircraft Infrared Countermeasures (LAIRCAM) and Self-Protection Suites (SPS) at cost of USD 190 million,to enhance the security of planes flying the Prime Minister and the President. To purchase these two missile,in the interim budget Rs.1084 crores have allotted and these missiles are to be in India in the year end.
- Where will be the NATO’s 70th anniversary meeting held?
5)None of theseAnswer – 2) London,UK
NATO’s next meeting of Heads of State and Government will take place in London this December, marking the 70th anniversary of the military pact. NATO’s first headquarters, adding that the UK is one of the alliance’s 12 founding members.
- What is the new limit on collateral-free agriculture loans from Rs.1 lakh?
5)Rs.2.6 lakhAnswer – 4) Rs.1.6 lakh
RBI announced increasing the limit on collateral-free agriculture loans to Rs.1.6 lakh from Rs.1 lakh. It will help to boost liquidity particularly among small and marginal farmers in the farming sectors. Government has already distributed Rs.11 trillion in Agriculture loans. Tamil Nadu has disbursed Rs.1.58 trillion followed by Andra Pradesh with Rs.1.12 trillion.
- RBI fined Rs.1 Crore to which bank under Section 47 A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949?
2)State Bank of India(SBI)
3)Union Bank of India
5)None of theseAnswer – 2)State Bank of India(SBI)
Reserve Bank of India has slapped Rs 1 crore penalty on the country’s largest lender,State Bank of India for violation of norms.RBI levied fine on State Bank of India,by exercising its powers under Section 47 A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 .
- Invest India and which Organisation signed MoU to promote foreign investments?
1)Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI)
2)Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
3)India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO)
4)Institute of Wood Science and Technology
5)None of theseAnswer – 1) Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI)
On 6th February 2019, Invest India and the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI) signed a MoU to promote foreign investments in India and Indian investments abroad. It was signed by ICAI President Naveen N D Gupta and Invest India MD and CEO Deepak Bagla. It Objective is to promote India as an Investment friendly destination and provide necessary guidance and advice to the potential investors within and outside India.
- What is the name of the digital skilling program launched by Facebook to empower women?
1)GOAL(Going Online As Leaders)
3)Digital India for girls
5)None of theseAnswer – 1) GOAL(Going Online As Leaders)
Focussing on its mission to empower women, social networking giant Facebook on launched a digital skilling and mentorship initiative named GOAL (Going Online As Leaders) across five states in India that would encourage tribal girls to become village-level digital young leaders for their communities.
- Who was appointed as the Secretary, Ministry of Minority Affairs?
5)None of theseAnswer – 3) Sailesh
Shri Sailesh, IAS, Assam-Meghalaya Cadre,took charge as the Secretary, Ministry of Minority Affairs.He will also hold the post of Secretary, Department of Official Language as an additional charge.
- Who was appointed as CEO of Cognizant?
5)None of theseAnswer – 1) Brian Humphries
Cognizant for the first time has picked an outsider, Brian Humphries, as its new CEO. Humphries will replace Francisco D’Souza, who has been with the firm since 2007.
- Who won the EGAT Cup International Weightlifting,that held in Thailand?
1)Saikhom Mirabai Chanu
5)None of theseAnswer – 1) Saikhom Mirabai Chanu
The 24 year old World champion Manipuri weightlifter Saikhom Mirabai Chanu notched up gold at EGAT Cup in Chiang Mai city, Thailand. Mirabai Chanu has won 48 kg category Gold with effort of 192 kg in the silver level Olympic qualifying event for 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation was observed on?
5)None of theseAnswer – 3) February 6
February 6th is observed as the International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation (FGM),which is also called as Female Genital Cutting (FGC) that is , removal of all or part of a female’s genitalia for non-medical reasons. The theme for the year 2019 is #EndGFM.
- Which Ministry Observed Ujjwala Utsav to celebrate the role of the stakeholders in reaching the target of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana(PMUY)?
1)Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
2)Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
3)Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4)Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
5)None of theseAnswer – 2) Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
On February 7,2019 ,Oil industry observed Ujjwala Utsav to celebrate the role of the stakeholders in making Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, a resounding success.This event was organised by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas to encourage and motivate the field force for their contribution to PMUY scheme.During this ceremony,PMUY Anthem was launched which was composed by eminent singer Kailash Kher.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Chief Minister of Manipur?Answer – Nongthombam Biren Singh
- Who is the Secretary General of Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN)?Answer – Lim Jock Hoi
- Where is the Headquarters of State Bank of India located?Answer – Mumbai
- Who is the President of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)?Answer – Naveen N.D Gupta
- Who is the Governor of Uttar Pradesh?Answer – Ram Naik