AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs February 8 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- According to the Union Cabinet,the Constitution (103 Amendment) Act amends which article of constitution and it will provide 10% reservation in government jobs and education to Economically Weaker Sections?
1) Articles 12 and 13
2) Articles 13 and 14
3) Articles 14 and 15
4) Articles 15 and 16
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Articles 15 and 16
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has given the approval to revised Office Memorandum regarding Amendment of Constitution to provide reservations for economically weaker sections of society. The Constitution (103 Amendment) Act amends Articles 15 and 16 of constitution and it will provide 10% reservation in government jobs and education to Economically Weaker Sections.
- Union Cabinet approved the introduction of _________________bill, to confer the status of Institutions of National Importance to NIFTEM,Kundli,Haryana and IIFPT, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu?
1) National Institutes of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management Bill, 2019
2) National Commission for Indian System of Medicine Bill, 2019
3) Integrated Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2018
4) Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (Amendment) Bill, 2018
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) National Institutes of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management Bill, 2019
Union Cabinet has approved the introduction of National Institutes of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management Bill, 2019 to confer the position of National importance to Institutes of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) at Haryana, Kundli and Institute pf Food Processing Technology at Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu.
- Name the bill approved by Union Minister to set up a consolidated authority to control and regulate financial services in International Financial Services Centres?
1) Draft Labour Code on Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions, 2018
2) Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (Amendment) Bill, 2018
3) Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Ordinance, 2018
4) International Financial Services Centres Authority Bill, 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) International Financial Services Centres Authority Bill, 2019
The Union Cabinet has approved an International Financial Services Centres Authority Bill, 2019 to set up a consolidated authority to control and regulate financial services in International Financial Services Centres in India. The unified authority will have all the powers which were exercise by the respective financial authorities like RBI, SEBI, IRDAI under respective acts.
- Where did Union Cabinet chaired by Narendra Modi Approved to set up of a Circuit bench of Calcutta High court?
1) Siliguri in West Bengal
2) Jalpaiguri in West Bengal
3) Dhupguri in West Bengal
4) Mainaguri in West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jalpaiguri in West Bengal
On 6th February 2019, The Union Cabinet chaired by Narendra Modi approved the setting up of a Circuit bench of Calcutta High court at Jalpaiguri in West Bengal and assess the progress of infrastructure facilities there. This Circuit bench will have jurisdiction in 4 places- Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, Cooch Behar, Kalimpong.
- What is the Scheme approved by the Union Cabinet for conservation, protection and development of cows and to support small farmers by boosting their income?
1) Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog
2) Gram Santhosh Rural Postal Life Insurance Scheme
3) Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana
4) Gram Santhosh cow safaris Aayog
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog
The Union Cabinet has approved setting up of ‘Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog’ for conservation, protectiol and development of cows and to support small farmers by boosting their income.This announcement was made in the interim budget to frame a policy to save, conserve and develop the cows and their offspring which will lead to the enhancement of cattle population.It’ll be profitable to small farmers as their will be augmentation in livestock sector of cattle.The ‘Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog’ will work with Veterinary and Agriculture Universities and organizations which are indulge in breeding and rearing activities of cow.
- Union Cabinet approved the MoU of India with which country in the field of company secretaryship?
5)None of theseAnswer – 3) Malaysia
Union Cabinet led by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Mutual Cooperation between India and Malaysia.The MoU will raise the status and prestige of the practicing Company Secretary in both countries. It will strengthen cooperation and to raise the status and prestige of the practicing Company Secretary in both jurisdiction.
- India and which Country had signed a MoU to promote cooperation in the areas of mutual interest pertaining to the development of blue economy?
5)None of theseAnswer – 1) Norway
The Union Cabinet approved MoU between India and Norway on Norway Ocean Dialogue to promote cooperation in the areas of mutual interest pertaining to the development of blue economy. Norway is a global leader in the areas of Blue Economy and they are well equipped with cutting edge technologies and expertise in various Ocean resources and maritime transport.MoU will contribute to create opportunities for collaboration in areas such as exploitation of hydrocarbons as well as management of ports.
- Union Cabinet approved a MoU between India and Finland in which field?
3) Agriculture and food industry
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Biotechnology
The Union Cabinet approved MoU between India’s Department of Biotechnology (DBT) and Finland’s Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) in the field of biotechnology for cooperation based on mutual interest and to facilitate knowledge sharing and knowledge generation among scientists, researchers and industry.
- Under which Ministry along with Department of Atomic Energy (DAE),Parmanu Tech 2019 is organised to discuss the issues related to Nuclear Energy and Radiation Technologies in NewDelhi?
1) Ministry of External Affairs
2) Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
3) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
4) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ministry of External Affairs
Ministry of External Affairs and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) organised Parmanu Tech 2019 in New Delhi to discuss the issues related to Nuclear Energy and Radiation Technologies. The main motive of this conference is to showcase India’s capabilities in Nuclear Energy with environmental responsibility.
- Which State/Union Territory launched the Zero Fatality Corridor project to reduce Road Accidents?
2) West Bengal
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) New Delhi
On 4th February 2019, Delhi Government launched ‘Zero Fatality Corridor’ project under its annual road safety action plan to reduce the number of road accidents on the outer ring road stretch between Burari and Bhalaswa Chowk.As per Kailash Gahlot, Delhi’s Transport Minister, Delhi witnessed 1691 road accidents in Delhi and this project is aimed at reducing deaths to near zero level on the Outer ring road stretch.
- Who was honoured with the Kalamaharshi Baburao Painter Award on the occasion of 7th edition of Kolhapur International film festival that held in Kolhapur, Maharastra?
1) Raja Paranjape
2) Pushkar Shrotri
3) Milind Soman
4) Govind Nihalani
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Govind Nihalani
The 7th edition of the film festival began on February 7 th of 2019 in Kolhapur, Maharastra.It is eight day festival,in which Veteran actress Rohini Hattangadi is chief guest at the inaugural function.Veteran filmmaker Govind Nihalani was honoured with the Kalamaharshi Baburao Painter Award for his contribution to the film industry.Focus country of the festival is the Hungarian cinema. Abhijit Deshpande, editor of Marathi films like ‘Deool’, ‘Bucket List’ and ‘Elizabeth Ekadashi’, will be presented the Chitramaharshi Anandrao Painter Award at the closing ceremony of the festival.
- Indian Coast Guard and along with which organization signed MoU for maritime search and rescue Operations in congruence with the International Aeronautical Maritime Search And Rescue(IAMSAR) standards in Port Blair?
1) Airports Authority of India(AAI)
2) Defence Research and Development Organization(DRDO)
3) National Disaster Management Authority(NDMA)
4) Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India(DFCCIL)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Airports Authority of India(AAI)
Indian Coast Guard(ICG) and Airport Authority of India (AAI) signed a MoU with an objective to coordinate the aeronautical and maritime Search And Rescue(SAR) operations in congruence with the International Aeronautical Maritime Search And Rescue(IAMSAR) standards.The MoU enhances Rescue Coordination Centre (RCC),Kolkata and Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre (MRCC),Port Blair and AAI’s mutual interactions, interoperability and validating procedures on the occasion of SAR operations.
- Which of the following animal is named as the National Aquatic animal of Thailand?
1) Wels Catfish
3) Siamese fighting fish
4) Rainbow Trout
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Siamese fighting fish
On February 5,2019, Thailand named the tiny,eye-catching ,colourful fin plumaged Siamese fighting fishas its aquatic animal with a aim to boost the conservation and breeding of the same.Siamese fighting fish is the native of Mekong basin of Thailand and is mostly found in the Chao Phraya river in Thailand.The Siamese fighting fish was registered as intangible cultural heritage in 2013.
- Which Country had signed the accord to join NATO to become its 30th member of of the NATO military alliance?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Macedonia
On February 6,2019,Macedonia signed an accord to join NATO to become the 30th member of the NATO military alliance. The historic agreement was signed between Macedonia’s Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.
- What is the rank of India,according to the International IP Index of top 50 economies in the world which is released by US Chambers of Commerce?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 36
On February 7,2019,US Chambers of Commerce released the annual International IP Index of top 50 economies in the world,in the index,India climbed 8 position up to the 36th rank and USA ,as the lead.In the index , Pakistan is at 47th spot and Venezuela is at the last place.In 2018, India’s rank was 44th of 50 countries,the increase in the rank is dedicated to the various reforms made to the better alignment of India’s IP environment ,and one of the reforms ,was the agreement with Japan to initiate a Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH).
- As per RBI’s 6th Bi-Monthly Policy Statement,the Policy Rates are reduced to how much basis points?
1) 0.25 basis points
2) 0.50 basis points
3) 0.75 basis points
4) 0.90 basis points
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 0.25 basis points
On 7th February 2019,Reserve Bank of India(RBI)’s six-member monetary policy committee chaired by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das released its 6th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy. RBI had reduced 0.25 basis points in the Policy Rates with immediate effect.
- What is the repo rate in India,which is recently revised by RBI in 6th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 6.25%
RBI had reduced 0.25 basis points in the Policy Rates with immediate effect.The Change in Policy rates are as follows:
Policy Rates 6th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy(Feb 2019) 5th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy(Dec 2018) Repo Rate 6.25% 6.50% Reverse Repo Rate 6.00% 6.25% Marginal Standing Facility Rate 6.50% 6.75% Bank Rate 6.50% 6.75% Reserve Ratios 6th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy(Feb 2019) 5th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy(Dec 2018) Cash Reserve Ratio(CRR) 4% 4% Statutory Liquidity Ratio(SLR) 19.25% 19.5%
- RBI has Projected the GDP growth of India at ________per cent for the financial year 2019-20?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 7.4%
RBI had Projected the Gross Domestic Product(GDP) growth for the year 2019-20 at 7.4%,While the GDP growth is at 7.2-7.4 per cent in H1, and 7.5 per cent in Q3. Inflation was fallen 18 months low in December at 2.2% and it is expected to remain at 3.2-3.4% in H1-2019-20 and 3.9% in Q3-2019-20.
- According to the Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan,Which Country became the Second largest importer of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)?
2) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) India
As per Oil Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan, India has become the second largest importer of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) after China due to rising demands of cleaner alternatives to the traditional cooking fuels like firewood and cow dung.India surpassed Japan as the imports of LPG grew 12.5% over the last 5 years to 12 million metric tons.
- Who was conferred with the Legion d’Honneur, the highest civilian award of France, in recognition of his work for specially-abled children in Howrah?
1) Azim Premji
2) Father Francois Laborde
3) Marie-Louise Gagneur
4) Joseph Robert Tetrault
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Father Francois Laborde
Father Francois Laborde, a 92-year-old priest, was conferred with the Legion d’Honneur, the highest civilian award of France, in recognition of his work for specially-abled children in Howrah.He was entitled by the French Ambassador to India, Alexandre Ziegler.Father Francois Laborde,French-origin with indian citizenship,is considered to be the third person from the state to be entitled with the Legion of Honor after film maestro Satyajit Ray and actor Soumitra Chatterjee.
- Name the App launched by Chennai Police Commissioner A.K. Viswanathan,by which the user can lodge a mobile theft complaints?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) DigiCop
On February 6,2019 ,Chennai Police Commissioner A.K. Viswanathan launched mobile App ‘DigiCop’ of the city police department at the commissioner’s office in Chennai. This app as of now have details of 18,000 stolen mobile phones are stored.Using this app,user can lodge mobile theft complaints and also check if the user’s mobile is in the police list of retrieved mobiles.Moreover if someone is buying a phone from a second-hand shop they can verify if the phone is stolen or genuine.Using this app,Users can also follow,if their stolen two-wheeler had been traced by the police.
- According to the report released by NASA and NOAA,which analysis global climatic change predicted the year 2018 as the ________ Hottest year?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Fourth
On February 6,2019, National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration(NOAA) released their report on analysis of global climatic change for the year 2018 ,and remarked 2018 as the fourth hottest year.It is predicated that there is a rise of 5-9 degree celsius temperature in this century.
- Which team won their Second Successive title beating Saurashtra in the 85th season of the Ranji Trophy?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Vidarbha
On 7th February 2019,Defending champions Vidarbha won the Ranji Trophy 2018-19,which is 85th season of the Ranji Trophy by defeating Saurashtra.This victory is their Successive victory since they won the Trophy last year.The Ranji Trophy is played from the month of November,2018 to 7th February 2019, in which 37 Teams Participated. Most Runs Scored in the Series is Milind Kumar.He Scored 1,331 Runs.He belongs to Team Sikkim.Ashutosh Aman took Most wickets taken in the Series.He took 68 Wickets.He belongs to Team Bihar.
- Which team topped in the latest FIFA Ranking?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Belgium
On February 6,2019, With the end of AFC Asian cup in UAE,the world ranking list had some changes,in which India is dropped out of the top 100 ranks,but Belgium ‘s pole position remained same.India Ranked 103 Position,Qatar ranked 55,Japan -27,Korea Republic -38,UAE – 67.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the President of Panama?Answer – Juan Carlos Vasela
- Where is the HeadQuarter of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) located?Answer – HeadQuarter-Washington, D.C., United States
- Who is the Governor of RBI?Answer – Shaktikanta Das
- What is the Capital and Currency of Thailand?Answer – Capital- Bangkok and Currency- Thai baht
- Who is the president of Ukraine?Answer – Petro Poroshenko