AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs February 4 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Railway electrification of 294-km long Andal-Sainthia-Pakur-Malda and Khana-Sainthia sections in which state on 2nd February 2019?
1) West Bengal
2) Tamil Nadu
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) West Bengal
On 2nd February 2019, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated Railway electrification of 294-km long Andal-Sainthia-Pakur-Malda and Khana-Sainthia sections in West Bengal. The electrification of 294-km sections will make the transportation of coal and stone chips to North and North East India fast and convenient. The 20-km long Hijli-Narayangarh third line was also inaugurated by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi.
- Where was the 37th edition of the ‘ICT Academy Bridge 2019’ conference themed “Fostering India for Industry 4.0” held on 31st January 2019?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Tamil Nadu
On January 31, 2019, ‘ICT Academy Bridge 2019’ the 37th edition of conference, was inaugurated by Dr.Manikandan,minister of Information and Technology,Tamil Nadu. This conference is conducted every year with a motive to develop a better education system and formulate strategic regulatory frameworkThe theme of the 37th edition of the conference “Fostering India for Industry 4.0”.
- Minister of Railways and Coal, Piyush Goyal launched which body’s “The Future of Rail” report which analyses the current and future importance of rail around the world in New Delhi, on 30th January 2019?
1) World Transport Organisation (WTO)
2) International Energy Agency (IEA)
3) International Traveler’s Organisation (ITO)
4) Indian Energy Auditors (IEA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) International Energy Agency (IEA)
On 30th January 2019, Minister of Railways and Coal, Shri Piyush Goyal launched the International Energy Agency’s (IEA) “The Future of Rail” report which analyses the current and future importance of rail around the world in New Delhi. The report is the first of a kind report that reviews the impact of existing plans and regulations on the future of rail. The report has a focus on India and it explores the key policies that will be helpful for enhanced future rail by improving its networks at a scope and scale that is unparalleled.
- Where was the first ever National Conference on “Prison Design” held on 29th and 30th January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Visakhapatnam
The first ever National Conference on “Prison Design” was held in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh on 29th and 30th January 2019. It was hosted by the Director General Prison, Andhra Pradesh on the behalf of State. It was sponsored by Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D). It aimed to provide a platform to the Senior Police officers, Prison officers and Architects from Prison Department and Police Housing Corporation to deliberate upon on the various issues relating with planning, Design and Constructions of prison, keeping in mind safety needs and administrative ease of day to day functioning of the prison.
- Which country was declared as the most liveable location for Asian Expatriates for the 14th consecutive year by ECA international survey, on 31st January 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Singapore
On January 31,2019,ECA international survey,which surveyed almost 480 location overall in a year declared Singapore to be the most liveable location for Asian Expatriates for the 14th consecutive year. Singapore is followed Australia’s Brisbane,Sydney,Adelaide in the second position. Hong Kong slipped 12 place down and reached 41st rank due to the damage caused by Typhoon Mangkhut in the year 2018. Further, Bangkok was in 89th place, whereas George Town and Kuala Lumpur made a hike to 97th and 98th respectively and Colombo in Sri Lanka in 194th rank.
- _____ was ranked as India’s highest ranked think tank and achieved 118th rank globally according to the global report named “2018 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report”?
1) Centre for Science and Environment (CSE)
2) Observer Research Foundation (ORF)
3) Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA)
4) National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Observer Research Foundation (ORF)
On Feb 1 2019, According to the global report named “2018 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report”, Observer Research Foundation (ORF) has been marked as India’s highest ranked think tank. ORF is highest ranked in India and ranked 118 globally. ORF has ranked as the top think tank in the “Best New Idea or Paradigm Developed by a Think Tank” category. In the “Think Tanks with the Most Innovative Policy Ideas category “, ORF has ranked eighth position.
- In order to save Iran from the US (United States) sanctions, Project INSTEX (Instrument in Support of Trade Exercises) has been launched by the governments of United Kingdom, France and which other country?
3) Saudi Arabia
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Germany
In order to save Iran from the US (United States) sanctions, Project INSTEX (Instrument in Support of Trade Exercises) was launched by the governments of United Kingdom, France and Germany. The Special payment system, INSTEX will save Iran nuclear Deal by allowing Iran to keep trading with countries of European Union despite of sanctions re-imposed by USA. INSTEX has supervisory board chaired by UK with members from France and Germany and it is registered with Paris with an initial 3000 Euros.
- If an E-commerce company controls ____ % of a Vendor’s inventory or has some equity stake in the Vendor’s Company, then the Inventory of that Vendor will be deemed to be controlled by the E-commerce company, as per the new E-commerce Policy that came into effect on 1st February 2019?
1) 50 %
2) 75 %
3) 25 %
4) 60 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 25 %
On 1st February 2019, the new E-commerce Policy comes into effect which was notified in December 2018 by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) headed by the ministry of Commerce and Industry. As per the new Policy, 100% Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) is possible for marketplace model only. If an E-commerce company controls 25 per cent of an Vendor’s inventory or have some equity stake in the Vendor’s Company then the Inventory of that Vendor will be deemed to be controlled by the E-commerce company.
- Name the secretary of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), who was given additional charge as Secretary of the Civil Aviation Ministry, on 31st January 2019?
1) R N Choubey
2) Ramesh Abhishek
3) Anil Kumar Jha
4) Rajiv Gauba
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ramesh Abhishek
On January 31,2019, Ramesh Abhishek, secretary of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) now renamed as DPIIT was appointed as an additional charge Secretary of the Civil Aviation Ministry. He succeeded R N Choubey,who resigned as he is appointed as the member of UPSC.
- Where did Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) launch the Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC) which will act as the hub of ISRO’s future manned missions, on 30th January 2019?
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bengaluru
On 30th January 2019, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) launched the Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC) which will act as the hub of ISRO’s future manned missions at the headquarters of ISRO in Bengaluru, Karnataka. S. Unnikrishnan Nair and R. Hutton was declared as the founder Director of HSFC and Project Director of Gaganyaan respectively by ISRO chairman Dr. K. Sivan.
- Which team won the title of the 4th edition of the Pro Wrestling League (PWL) held in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, on 31st January 2019?
1) Punjab Royals
2) Haryana Hammers
3) UP Dangal
4) Veer Marathas
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Haryana Hammers
On 31st January 2019, Haryana Hammers defeated defending champions Punjab Royals by 6-3 in the summit clash at the Gautam Buddha University indoor stadium, Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh to claim the fourth edition of the Pro Wrestling League (PWL). Haryana Hammers defeated Punjab Royals in the first five bouts of the summit class to clinch the title.
- Name the Indian cricketer who ranked first in the ICC ODI women’s batter rankings, on 3rd February 2019?
1) Mithali Raj
2) Smriti Mandhana
3) Harmanpreet Kaur
4) Jhulan Goswami
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Smriti Mandhana
On February 3,2019,India’s Smriti Mandhana became top in the ICC ODI women’s batter rankings ,she grab first position after the match against New Zealand,whereas Ellyse Perry followed her in the second position and Indian ODI skipper Mithali Raj in fifth position. In the ODI Bowler’s ranking, veteran pacer Jhulan Goswami is fourth, with Poonam Yadav at eighth, and spinner Deepti Sharma at ninth.
- Who became the first Asian woman cricketer to play hundred T20Is, on 3rd February 2019?
1) Mithali Raj
2) Poonam Yadav
3) Sana Mir
4) Afzana Riyaz
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sana Mir
On February 3,2019,Former captain of the Pakistan women team Sana Mir became the first Asian woman to play hundred T20Is.She achieved this milestone,When she played against West Indies in her final T20I that was held in Karachi. Sana Mir is the sixth woman in the world to complete 100 T20Is, whereas Daendra Dottin of West Indies lead the list with 110 T20Is.
- _____ became the 14th Indian Cricketer to play 200 One Day International (ODIs), on 31st January 2019?
1) Virat Kohli
2) Rohit Sharma
3) Shikhar Dawan
4) Rishabh Pant
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rohit Sharma
On 31st January 2019, Indian Cricket Team Vice-Captain, Rohit Sharma became the 14th Indian Cricketer to play 200 One Day International (ODIs) in the fourth Match against New Zealand held at Hamilton, New Zealand. Since his debut in 2008, Rohit Sharma has scored 22 centuries till now. Rohit Sharma holds the record of highest Individual score (264 runs) and highest number of double centuries (3 Double Century) in ODIs.
- Former Cricketer Greg Chappell has confirmed to retire as National Selector of which country after the Ashes 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Australia
On February 2,2019, Former Cricketer,Greg Chappell confirmed to retire as Australia National Selector after the Ashes 2019.Greg Chappell have played 87 Tests for Australia. After his retirement in 1984,he worked as Team selector in three separate regimes, from 1984 to 1988, 2010 to 2011, and 2016 to the present. He was also appointed as national talent manager in 2010.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the founder Director of Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC)?Answer – S. Unnikrishnan Nair
- Governor of West Bengal is _____?Answer – Keshari Nath Tripathi
- What is the Capital and Currency of New Zealand?Answer – Capital – Wellington; Currency – New Zealand Dollar
- Which state houses the Mukurthi National Park?Answer – Tamil Nadu
- Name the Chairman of International Cricket Council (ICC)?Answer – Shashank Manohar