AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs February 26 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Where did Defence Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the 12th biennial edition of International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition, the Aero India 2019?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bengaluru
Defence Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the 12th biennial edition of International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition, the Aero India 2019 on 24th February 2019 at the Air Force Station Yelahanka in Bengaluru.The event was organized by the Defence Ministry of India, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Indian Air Force, Department of Space and the Union Civil Aviation Ministry.
- Which country had signed agreement with India’s National Skill Development Corporation(NSDC) Aerospace and Aviation Sector Skill Council for skilling Indians in aviation during Aero India 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Singapore
National Skill Development Corporation of India’s (NSDC) Aerospace and Aviation Sector Skill Council in collaboration with Singapore Polytechnic and Singapore-based private sector firm signed an agreement for skilling the Indian youths in the aviation sector by setting up academies in Bengaluru that will be the regional hubs for the training the youth for domestic and overseas jobs in aviation. These ‘Centers of Excellence in Advance Skilling‘ will provide training and certification drawing from Singapore curriculum and standards in sectors such as aerospace and aviation, emerging technologies, automotive and logistics. This is done under the ‘Skill India‘ and ‘Make in India‘ programmes, which require large workforce with advanced technical skills.
- Who became the first woman to co-pilot the indigenously made combat fighter jet “Tejas” in the Aero India 2019?
1) PV Sindhu
2) Saina Nehwal
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Sushma Swaraj
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) PV Sindhu
Indian badminton player and Olympic silver-medallist PV Sindhu co-piloted the indigenously made combat fighter jet “Tejas”at the Aero India 2019 as part of the Women’s Day observed at the air show, becoming the first ever woman to co-pilot Tejas. The Women’s Day showcased women’s achievements in the aerospace sector, and an all-women crew flew Dornier and Avro aircraft and participated in panel discussions. 3 women Indian Air Force (IAF) fighter pilots also flew the Hawk-I advanced jet trainer of BAE Systems (England) and an upgraded version of the Russian-made MiG-21.
- What was the theme of the 12th biennial edition of International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition, the Aero India 2019 held in Bengaluru?
1) Theme-“Aerospace meets Automotive”
2) Theme-“Indian Aerospace and its success”
3) Theme-“Aero milestone in defence ”
4) Theme-“Runway to a Billion Opportunities”
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Theme-“Runway to a Billion Opportunities”
Defence Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the 12th biennial edition of International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition, the Aero India 2019 on 24th February 2019 at the Air Force Station Yelahanka in Bengaluru.The event was organized by the Defence Ministry of India, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Indian Air Force, Department of Space and the Union Civil Aviation Ministry.The theme of the event was “‘Runway to a Billion Opportunities”.The logo of the exhibition was inspired by the Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA).
- Name the scheme announced in Interim Budget 2019-20 and launched by PrimeMinister Narendra Modi in Gorakhpur to provide Rs.6000 per to small and marginal farmer families owning land upto 2 hectares?
1) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
2) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
3) Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
4) Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme in Gorakhpur,Uttar Pradesh. The scheme will provide Rs 6,000 per year to small and marginal farmer families having combined land holding/ownership of upto 2 hectares. The amount will be given in three installments of Rs 2,000 each and will be transferred directly to the bank account of the beneficiaries through Direct Benefit Transfer, ensuring transparency in the entire process and saving time for the farmers.
- Who chaired the 33rd GST Council Meeting that held in New Delhi?
1) Sushma Swaraj
2) Ram Nath Kovind
3) Narendra Modi
4) Arun Jaitley
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Arun Jaitley
Union Finance Minister, Shri Arun Jaitley, chaired the 33rd Goods & Services Tax (GST) Council held in New Delhi which was attended by the Finance Ministers of various States and Union Territories.
- GST rate of _____ per cent was levied without Input Tax Credit (ITC) on residential properties outside affordable segment?
1) 3 per cent
2) 5 per cent
3) 7 per cent
4) 4 per cent
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 5 per cent
GST shall be levied at effective GST rate of 5% without Input Tax Credit (ITC) on residential properties outside affordable segment. GST shall be levied at effective GST of 1% without ITC on affordable housing properties. The new rate will come into force from 1st of April, 2019.
- Who launched the “National Action Plan – Viral Hepatitis” in Mumbai?
1) Ashwini Kumar Choubey
2) Narendra Modi
3) Rajnath Singh
4) Piyush Goyal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ashwini Kumar Choubey
Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Ashwini Kumar Choubey in the presence of Amitabh Bachchan, the goodwill ambassador for hepatitis, WHO South-East Asia Region, launched the “National Action Plan – Viral Hepatitis” in Mumbai. Recognized as an important public health problem across the world Viral Hepatitis has caused 1.34 million deaths globally in 2015 according to World Health Organisation (WHO).In India, it is estimated that there are 4 crore people suffering from Hepatitis B and 0.6-1.2 crore people suffering from Hepatitis C.
- Name the Scheme launched by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath,that provides 100 days of employment every year to urban youth from Economically Weaker Sections(EWS)?
1) Laadli Laxmi Yojna
2) Mukhyamantri Teerth Darshan Scheme
3) Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana
4) Mukhyamantri Kanyadan Yojna
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath launched the State Government’s flagship scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana’ that guarantees 100 days of employment every year to urban youth from Economically Weaker Sections(EWS).Under the scheme, Rs 4,000 stipend per month during 100 days of period, would be given to the youth and they will also be given skill development training in order to become independent.Each youth enrolled under the scheme will get total Rs 13,500 for the 100 days period.Only those youths, whose family’s annual income is less than Rs 2 lakh and who are in the age group of 21-30 years, are eligible for the scheme.1.5 lakh urban youths have so far registered themselves for this scheme.
- Who addressed the India-South Korea Business Symposium,that was held in Seoul?
1) Ram Nath Kovind
2) Narendra Modi
3) Sushma Swaraj
4) Suresh Prabhu
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Narendra Modi
On February 21 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi embarked on a 2-day visit to South Korea or Republic of Korea(ROK) on the invitation of President Moon Jae-in.This was his 2nd Visit to South Korea,Previously he visited South Korea in the year 2015 .He was received by Indian Community in South Korea. Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the India-South Korea Business Symposium in Seoul and he launched the India-Korea Startup Hub.
- Along with Mahindra,which of the following bank will mentor and provide financial support to the winners of ‘Startup Grand Challenge’?
1) Reserve Bank of India(RBI)
2) World Bank
3) Asian Development Bank(ADB)
4) State Bank of India(SBI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) State Bank of India(SBI)
‘Startup Grand Challenge’ was also launched,which focus on the issues related to cyber threat, analytics & rural healthcare.The State Bank of India(SBI) & Mahindra Rise will provide mentoring, pilot opportunities & financial support to the winners of this challenge. The startup hub is launched based on the joint statement signed between the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA) and Invest India.
- In which University,did Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a bust of Mahatma Gandhi during his visit to South Korea?
1) Seoul National University in Seoul,South Korea
2) Yonsei University in Seoul,South Korea
3) Korea University in Seoul,South Korea
4) Hongik University in Seoul,South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Yonsei University in Seoul,South Korea
Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, unveiled a bust of Mahatma Gandhi at Yonsei University in Seoul.
- According to the 2019 Passport Index which country topped the list?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) UAE
The Passport Index of 2019, which ranks almost 199 countries in the world based on their Visa-Free Scores and their ranking according to the UNDP human development index, showed that Indian passport has steadily strengthened in a period of 5 years from rank 77 in 2015 to 67 in 2019.25 countries allow visa-free entry to Indian passport holders, whereas 39 countries offer visa-on-arrival.The Tourism Ministry for India is also offering e-tourist visa facilities to 166 countries, by making several amendments in the e-visa regime of the country in order to make this process more tourist friendly. Top 3 Countries are United Arab Emirates(UAE), Germany,Denmark
- India had signed an MoU with which of the following country on releasing a joint stamp, commemorating Princess Suriratna (Queen Hur Hwang-ok), a legendary Princess of Ayodhya?
3) South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) South Korea
MoU’s Signed between India and South Korea:
• MoU on commercialising ideas, technologies and designs of start-up companies.
• MoU to continue operations of Korea Plus organisation that facilitates investments by Korean companies in India.
• MoU on releasing a joint stamp, commemorating Princess Suriratna (Queen Hur Hwang-ok), a legendary Princess of Ayodhya.
S.No MoU’s Signed on Behalf of India MoU’s Signed on Behalf of South Korea Field 1. Ministry of Home Affairs Korean National Police Agency Law enforcement agencies of the two countries and combat trans-border and international crimes. 2. Prasar Bharti Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) To Broadcast DD India Channel in South Korea and KBS World Channel in India 3. National Highways Authority of India Korea Expressway Corporation To promote bilateral cooperation in road and transport infrastructure development projects of India.
- Who was conferred with the Seoul peace prize in the 14th Edition of Seoul Peace Prize Ceremony held in South Korea?
1) Moon Jae-in
2) Gimhae Heo Seong gon
3) Ram Nath Kovind
4) Narendra Modi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred with Seoul peace prize in the 14th Edition of Seoul Peace Prize Ceremony. Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tribute to fallen soldiers at the National Cemetery, including those who died in the Korean War.PM gifts a Bodhi tree sapling to Mayor of Gimhae Heo Seong gon as a mark of close ties between the South Korea and India.
- Which of the following department released the draft e-commerce policy titled “Draft National e-Commerce Policy India’s Data for India’s Development”?
1) Department of Public Enterprises
2) Department of Economic Affairs
3) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)
4) Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)
The Government of India released a new 41-page draft National E-Commerce Policy that provides setting up a legal and technological framework for restrictions on cross-border data flow and also laid out conditions for businesses regarding collection or processing of sensitive data locally and storing it abroad.Title of draft e-commerce policy is “Draft National e-Commerce PolicyIndia’s Data for India’s Development”.It has been released by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT). The framework would be created to provide the basis for imposing restrictions on cross-border data flow from specified sources including data collected by Internet of Things (IoT) devices installed in public space, and data generated by users in India by various sources, including e-commerce platforms, social media, search engines.
- 91st Academy Awards (commonly known as Oscars) held in Dolby Theatre,which is located in ________?
1) Los Angeles, California
2) San Francisco, California
3) New York City,New York
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Los Angeles, California
The 91st Academy Awards (commonly known as Oscars), presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), honored the best films of 2018, on February 24, 2019, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California.
- Which film won the highest number of awards in the 91st Academy Awards?
1) Black Panther
2) Bohemian Rhapsody
3) Green Book
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bohemian Rhapsody
Bohemian Rhapsody won the most awards in total with 4, while Roma, Green Book, and Black Panther won 3 awards each.The film won in following categories,
Category Winner Best actor Rami Malek – Bohemian Rhapsody Best sound editing John Warhurst and Nina Hartstone – Bohemian Rhapsody Best sound mixing Paul Massey, Tim Cavagin and John Casali – Bohemian Rhapsody Best film editing John Ottman – Bohemian Rhapsody
- Name the film,which became the first super hero film to win a “Best Original Score” in 91st Academy Awards or Oscar Awards?
2) Avengers: Infinity War
3) Wonder Woman
4) Black Panther
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Black Panther
”Black Panther” became the first superhero film to win “Best Original Score”. Hannah Beachler and Jay Hart became the first African-Americans to win Oscar in Product Design category for Black Panther.
- Which of the following,Indian Documentary Film based on menstruation,that won the Oscar in “Best Documentary Short”Film category?
1) Venice 70: Future Reloaded
2) On Yoga the Architecture of Peace
3) Period. End of Sentence
4) An Insignificant Man
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Period. End of Sentence
India-set short film, “Period. End of Sentence.”, a short documentary film based on menstruation won the Oscar for “Best Documentary Short” category. It is directed by Iranian-American film director, Rayka Zehtabchi.
- Which film won the Oscar in the Best Picture category?
1) Bohemian Rhapsody
2) Green Book
4) First Man
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Green Book
Category Winner Best picture Green Book Best actress Olivia Colman – The Favourite Best actor Rami Malek – Bohemian Rhapsody Best supporting actress Regina King – If Beale Street Could Talk Best supporting actor Mahershala Ali – Green Book Best director Alfonso Cuaron – Roma Best original screenplay Nick Vallelonga, Brian Currie and Peter Farrelly – Roma Best adapted screenplay Charlie Wachtel, David Rabinowitz, Kevin Willmott and Spike Lee – BlacKkKlansman
- Scientists from Harvard-Smithsonian Centre for Astrophysics discovered an exo planet,that orbits its star in just 11 hours.What is the name of the newly discovered exoplanet?
1) Hot Earth
2) Proxima Centauri b
3) Gliese 581c
4) Ross 128 b
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Hot Earth
A Team of Scientists from Harvard-Smithsonian Centre for Astrophysics had discovered a exo planet named ‘hot Earth’ that orbit’s its dwarf star in eleven hours by using the data of NASA’s planet-hunting satellite Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS). Exoplanet ‘hot Earth’ is rocky in composition and only about fifty light-years away from its star.The planet has a radius of about 1.3 Earth-radii.
- Name the State government,which declared monkey as vermin for next one year?
2) Andhra Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Himachal Pradesh
Monkey’s are declared as vermin by the Himachal Pradesh government again,in 11 districts,91 tehsils and sub-tehsils for the next one year.Previously,monkeys were declared as vermin in 38 tehsils and sub-tehsils of 10 districts in the year 2016 and which was further extended to next year on December 20, 2017.
- Which Cricket team became the first ever Asian team to win Test Series in South Africa?
1) West Indies
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Srilanka
Sri Lanka cricket team became the first Asian side to win a Test series in South Africa after winning the series by 8 wickets with a score of 2-0 at Port Elizabeth. This was Sri Lanka’s sixth series in South Africa and their first win. Kusal Perera of Srilanka was given the Man of the Series award.Before Sri Lanka, only Australia and England have defeated South Africa in a Test series at home.
- Rashid Khan became first bowler in T20I history to pick 4 wickets in 4 balls.He Belongs to which country?
4) South Africa
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Afghanistan
Afghanistan cricket team’s leg spinner, Rashid Khan, became the first bowler to take out 4 wickets in 4 balls in Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) during the third and final T20I against Ireland in Dehradun.He also became the seventh bowler to pick up a hat-trick in T20Is.Afghanistan won T20I series by a margin of 3-0 against Ireland.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who was the Chief of the Army Staff?Answer – General Bipin Rawat
- What is the Capital and Currency of Srilanka?Answer – Capial: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte (Administrative) & Colombo (Commercial) and Currency: Sri Lankan Rupee
- Who is the President of South Africa?Answer – Cyril Ramaphosa
- Where is the headquarter of Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) located?Answer – Zurich, Switzerland
- What is the currency of South Korea?Answer – South Korean won