AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs February 14 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Where did PM Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s largest Cancer Institute named National Cancer Institute?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Jhajjar,Haryana
PM Modi inaugurated India’s largest Cancer Institute at Bhadsa in Jhajjar district in Haryana through video conferencing. NIC which is a Cancer cum research institute is developed with the overall cost of Rs. 2035 crore.NIC is constructed at the AIIMS Jhajjar Campus. It is a state of the art care and research institute with 700 bed hospital with all facilities.Besides hostel room for doctors and attendants of cancer patients it has surgical oncology anesthesia, palliative care and nuclear medicine.
- What is the Name of the First Ayush University that was inaugurated in Kurukshetra,Haryana?
1) Sree Kurukshetra Ayush University
2) Sree National Ayush University
3) Sree Ayush University
4) Sree Krishna Ayush University
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sree Krishna Ayush University
The foundation stone for Sree Krishna Ayush University in Kurukshetra was laid by PM Narendra Modi. It is the first varsity related to the Indian system of medicine in Haryana.Sree Krishna Ayush University will provide treatment through Unani, Siddha, Yoga, Ayurveda and Homeopathic medical systems. It is also the first Ayush University in India.
- Where did PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the First ESIC Medical College and Hospital,with the total cost Rs. 595 crore?
4) Panipat, Haryana
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Faridabad,Haryana
PM Modi inaugurated ESIC Medical College and Hospital at Faridabad which will provide good quality medical care to every citizen of the country.It is the first ESIC Medical College and Hospital in North India. The hospital is well equipped with state of art equipment, services, facilities, campus hostel for boys and girls, etc.The project costs around Rs. 595 crore. The 510 bedded hospital will provide medical facilities to the workers and their family members of the region.
- Name the Campaign addressed by PrimeMinister NarendraModi which is launched to empower women in Kurukshetra,Haryana?
1) Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana 2019
2) Priyadarshini 2019
3) Rashtriya Mahila Kosh 2019
4) Swachh Shakti 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Swachh Shakti 2019
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi during his visit to Haryana participated in ‘Swachh Shakti 2019’ and distributed Swachh Shakti 2019 awards. Around 15000 women from all over the India participated in the Swachh Shakti event. It was a national event attended by women Panches and Sarpanches from across the country. The event is aimed at empowering women.PM also visited Swachh Sundar Shauchalay exhibition in Kurukshetra and addressed a public gathering.
- Which State/UT hosted the 3rd Indo-German Environment Forum on February 13,2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) NewDelhi
On 13th February 2019, bilateral meeting between India and Germany 3rd Indo-German Environment Forum held in New Delhi. The outcomes of discussion made in Indo-German Working Group held in Delhi on 6th February 2019 taken up to higher alliance discussed in the forum. Additional Secretary of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Anil Kumar Jain called for strengthening the renewable alliances and climate between India and Germany as well as cooperation in field of environment.
- Which Ministry had released the Publication on climate actions in India titled “India – Spearheading Climate Solutions” in NewDelhi?
1) Ministry of Rural Development
2) Ministry of Science and Technology
3) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
4) Ministry of Earth Sciences
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr Harsh Vardhan released a Publication on climate actions in India titled “India – Spearheading Climate Solutions” in New Delhi. It refers to the vital actions India has taken under multiple sectors to combat and adapt to climate change. Major initiatives mentioned in the publications are National Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC), National Adaptation Fund on Climate Change (NAFCC), Climate Change Action Programme (CCAP), State Action Plan on Climate Change (SAPCC), International Solar Alliances (ISA), and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT).The Government aims to generate 175 GW of renewable energy by 2022. Advancement from Bharat Stage-IV to BHARAT Stage-VI emission standards by April 2020 have been undertaken to minimize the effect of climate change.
- Name the Annual Exercise carried out by Indian Army at Deolali Camp near Nashik?
1) Exercise Sampriti
2) Exercise Mitra Shakti
3) Exercise Shatrujeet
4) Exercise Topchi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Exercise Topchi
Indian army demonstrated its artillery firepower, aviation and surveillance capacity at the annual ‘Exercise Topchi’ at Deolali Camp near Nashik.The latest ultra-light Howitzer M-777, self-propelled gun K-9 Vajra and indigenous Swathi weapon-locating radar was demonstrated.The aviation assets showcased were the indigenous advanced light helicopter, light combat helicopter, Cheetah & Chetak helicopters.
- Where did Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal commissioned the First Aqua Mega Food Park(Godavari Mega Aqua Food Park)?
1) Andhra Pradesh
2) Arunachal Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Andhra Pradesh
Godavari Mega Aqua Food Park, first aqua mega food park was commissioned by Secretary of Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), Pushpa Subrahmanyam on behalf of Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal via video conferencing in Andhra Pradesh.The park is set up on 57.81 acre of land and the facilities at its Central Processing Centre (CPC) includes pre-processing line, freezing and cold storage of fish and shrimp, an ice plant and food testing laboratory.
- What is the theme of the Challachitram National Film Festival that is to be held Guwahati on March 1,2019?
1) ’Our Pride,Our Film’
2) ’Our Nation,Our Pride’
3) ’Our Film,Our Pride’
4) ‘Our Heritage, Our Pride’
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) ‘Our Heritage, Our Pride’
Challachitram National Film Festival with the theme ‘Our Heritage, Our Pride’ will be held here in March, with a special award for entries from the northeastern region. Entries for short films, documentaries and animation films have been invited for both the competitive and non-competitive sections, a press release of ‘Challachitram’ said on Monday. The deadline for submitting entries is February 15. The three-day film festival will be held here from March 1. Chalachitram is a Guwahati-based organisation working for showcasing the heritage and culture of the northeast to national and international audience through films.
- Which Country had recently changed its name to end the long running dispute with its neighbouring country Greece?
1) Bulgaria changed its name to Republic of South Bulgaria
2) Albania changed its name to Republic of North Albania
3) Republic of Macedonia changed its name to Republic of North Macedonia
4) Romania changed its name to Republic of South Romania
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Republic of Macedonia changed its name to Republic of North Macedonia
Ending a long running dispute with Greece, the Republic of Macedonia has officially changed its name to North Macedonia. Greek province of Macedonia is related with Alexander the Great and Greece has issue with the name, so greece disapproved the name of the country,as the Greek province of Macedonia, which results in blocking of Macedonia’s entry into the European Union (EU) and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).On 6th Feb. 2019, NATO member states signed an accession protocol allowing North Macedonia to join the alliance and become the 30th member.
- Who will be taking over the Chair of the African Union (AU) in 2020 after Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi term ends?
1) South Africa’s President, Cyril Ramaphosa
2) Russia’s President Vladimir Putin
3) Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
4) Libya’s President Mohammed Magariaf
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) South Africa’s President, Cyril Ramaphosa
South Africa’s President, Cyril Ramaphosa, will be taking over as the Chair of the African Union (AU) in 2020 after Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi completes his term.
- With Which bank, National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) signed a loan agreement of Rs 5,000 crore?
1) Reserve Bank of India(RBI)
2) State Bank of India(SBI)
3) Union Bank of India
4) Bank of India(BOI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) State Bank of India(SBI)
State owned National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) signed a term loan agreement for Rs 5,000 crore with the State Bank of India (SBI).The agreement was signed by NTPC’s General Manager (Finance), Masood A. Ansari, and Deputy General Manager of SBI, Neelabh Sinha.The loan facility is extended at an interest rate linked to3-month MCLR of the bank and has a door to door tenure on 15 years, which will be utilised to part finance the capital expenditure of NTPC.
- Name the Think tank/Ministry which had Signed the Statement of Intent (SoI) with MSDF to improve learning outcomes in public school education?
1) Ministry of Women and Child Development
2) Ministry of Human Resource Development
3) NITI Aayog
4) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) NITI Aayog
A Statement of Intent (SoI) was signed between the NITI Aayog and the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF) to codify, document and share best practices to improve learning outcomes in public school education through systematic reforms, based on their collective experiences of working with various State Governments. The SoI was signed by Alok Kumar, Adviser (HRD) of NITI Aayog and Barun Mohanty, MD (International) of MSDF.
- Under which Article of the Constitution, the Minister of State for Home notified that National Awards, such as Bharat Ratna, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri cannot be entitled as titles?
1) Article 18(1)
2) Article 17(1)
3) Article 16(1)
4) Article 15(1)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Article 18(1)
On 12th Feb. 19, replying to a written question in Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Home Shri Hansrah Gangaram Ahir said that National Awards, such as Bharat Ratna, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushanand Padma Shri do no amount to titles within the meaning of Article 18(1) of the Constitution and hence, cannot be used as prefixes or suffixes to the name of the recipient. In case of any misuse, the defaulter shall forfeit the award conferred on him/her as per the Regulation 10 related to creation of awards, which says that the president may cancel or annul the awards, after which the name of the awardee would be erased from the records and he would have to surrender it.
India’s highest civilian award,Bharat Ratna, has been awarded to 38 personalities since 1995.307 people have been awarded Padma Bhushan whereas, 1,225 Padma Bhushan and 3,005 Padma Shri. Article 18 of the Indian Constitution, one of the Fundamental Rights, deals with ‘Abolition of Titles’. Article 18(1) says “No title, not being a military or academic distinction, shall be conferred by the State.”
- Who was conferred with the EY Entrepreneur of the year 2018 award?
1) Ritesh Agarwal
2) Siddhartha Lal
3) Azim Premji
4) Byju Raveendran
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Siddhartha Lal
Siddhartha Lal, MD & CEO of Eicher Motors has won the EY Entrepreneur of the year 2018 after transforming Eicher Motors and helping the company resurrect the Royal Enfield motorcycle brand in India and making it a global brand icon. Azim Premji, chairman of Wipro won the Lifetime Achievement Award for putting the Indian Information Technology industry in the global market and his notable contribution to society as a philanthropist.
- Who was the youngest Player to receive the Allan Border medal(cricketer of the year award) in Australian Cricket Awards 2019 held in Melbourne?
1) Glenn Maxwell
2) Nathan Lyon
3) Dean Jones
4) Pat Cummins
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Pat Cummins
On 11th February 2019, off-spinner Nathan Lyon named Test player of the year at Australian Cricket Awards 2019 held in Melbourne, Australia. Glenn Maxwell and Marcus Stoinis won T20I and ODI Player of the year respectively. Nathan Lyon is only the second specialist bowler to bag the Test honour in the last decade. The first was fast bowler Mitchell Starc who won the honour in 2017.It is the second T20I honour in the career of Glenn Maxwell. He won the honour of the first time in 2015. The inaugural women’s T20I Player of the year by Alyssa Healy.Former Batsman Dean Jones, Billy Murdoch and fast bowler Cathryn Fitzpatrick inducted into Australian Cricket hall of fame. Mathew wade bagged Domestic player of the year award.Pacer Pat Cummins won Allan Border medal for the cricketer of the year. He is the youngest Player since Steve Smith to get this award.
- Which organization was conferred an award under Miniratna Category by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)?
1) National Institute for micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (NIMSME)
2) National Film Development Corporation of India (NFDC)
3) National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC)
4) Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Rural Industrailisation (MGIRI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) National Film Development Corporation of India (NFDC)
National Film Development Corporation of India (NFDC) was announced as the winner under the Miniratna Category by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) in its campaign to felicitate CPSEs in recognition for their work in promoting SC/ST entrepreneurs. NFDC has funded over 300 films in various Indian languages which have been widely acclaimed and have won many national and international awards.
- Minister of State (IC) for AYUSH, Shripad Yesso Naik launched which of the following portal for online licensing of AYUSH Medicine?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) e-AUSHADHI
Minister of State (IC) for AYUSH, Shripad Yesso Naik launched the e-AUSHADHI portal for online licensing of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs and related matters. The new e-portal is an acronym for Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy Automated Drug Help Initiative.The portal’s objective is increasing transparency and accountability and improving information management facility and data usability. It will aid the licensing authority, manufactures and consumers by providing real time information of the license manufactures and their products, cancelled and spurious drugs, contact details of the concerned authority for specific grievances.
- Which animal is named as the Mascot for National Games 2022 that is to be held in Meghalaya?
3) Clouded Leopard
4) Hillock Gibbon
5)None of theseAnswer – 3) Clouded Leopard
The Sports and Youth Ministry in the meeting of Executive Committee of the National Games 2022 has chosen the ‘Smiling Clouded Leopard’ to be the Mascot for the National Games 2022. Meghalaya will host the 2022 National Games, which is coinciding with its 50 years of statehood.Clouded Leopard is among the wild cats that live throughout the forests of Garo, Khasi and Jaintia Hills.The meeting has decided that an open completion would be held to design a smiling clouded leopard that will be used as the mascot for the national Games.
- Which Team won the 9th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship (B Division) held in Hisar, Haryana?
1) Hockey Punjab
2) Hockey Chandigarh
3) Sports Authority of India
4) Hockey Meghalaya
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sports Authority of India
On 10th February 2019, Sports Authority of India Won 9th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship (B Division) held in Hisar, Haryana. They defeated Hockey Chandigarh by 4-1 in the final.In 9th Hockey India Junior Women National Championship (A-division) Hockey Jharkhand beat Hockey Haryana for 2-1 in the final. The event concluded at Kollam Hockey Stadium, Kerala.Steel Plant Sports Board beat UCO Bank for 1-0 and secured third place in the match. Sarabdeep Kaur was the line scorer for Chandigarh in the final. 9th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship 2019 (A Division) is scheduled to be held from 8th to 18th February in Hisar, Haryana
- Who became the third Indian Tennis player to reach Top-100 in ATP rankings?
1) Somdev Devvarman
2) Prajnesh Gunneswaran
3) Yuki Bhambri
4) Rohan Bopanna
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Prajnesh Gunneswaran
Indian tennis player, Prajnesh Gunneswaran made it to the top-100 in Men’s Singles Tennis rankings, jumping 6 places to rank 97, becoming the third Indian player after Somdev Devvarman and Yuki Bhambri. He had a brilliant 2018 season which got him to the semi-finals of the ATP Chennai Challenger and if he maintains the rank inside top-100, it will secure his place into the Grand Slam singles main draws.
- Who was the Legendary Goalkeeper of England, Passed away recently at the age of 81?
1) Paul Allen
2) Paul Alcock
3) Gordon Banks
4) Jimmy Armfield
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Gordon Banks
On 12th February 2019, one of the world’s most famous goalkeeper Gordon Banks passed away at the age of 81 in England. Gordon Banks was named as FIFA (The Federation Internationale de Football) Goalkeeper of the year six times and earned 73 caps for England between 1963 and 1972. He won World Cup in 1966. Banks was suffering from kidney cancer for the second time since 2016. He was widely considered as one of the greatest goalkeeper of his generation.
- Which of the following book is released by Hamid Ansari and authoured by P Chidambaram?
1) The Wonder That Was India
2) Freedom at Midnight
3) The Discovery of India
4) Undaunted: Saving the Idea of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Undaunted: Saving the Idea of India
Former Vice President Hamid Ansari on 8th Feb. 2019, launched the new book of former Finance Minister P Chidambaram named “Undaunted: Saving the Idea of India” at Nehru Memorial Museum, New Delhi. The book is a collection of essays on the country’s atmosphere of fear and how the constitutional values are being threatened.
- What is the Theme of the World Radio Day,that is observed on February 13,2019?
1) “Dialogue, Tolerance and Peace”
2) ”Living a life with Radio”
3) ”Radio and the World”
4) ”Radio tool to Patience”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) “Dialogue, Tolerance and Peace”
On 13th February 2019, the 8th edition of World Radio Day is celebrated globally by The United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to commemorate radio as a powerful and influential medium that has been in existence for over 80 years. This year World Radio is celebrated with the theme of “Dialogue, Tolerance and Peace”.World Radio day signifies the era where people throughout the world listen to radio and how it has shaped everyone’s life.
- International Darwin Day is celebrated on February 12,as the commemoration of which British Scientist?
1) Dorothy Darwin Hodgkin
2) Michael Faraday Darwin
3) Charles Darwin
4) Brian Cox Darwin
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Charles Darwin
The legacy of the British scientist “Charles Darwin” was celebrated across the globe by various scientists, activists, and fans as ‘International Darwin Day’ on 12th February every year.This year on 12th February has marked the 210th birth anniversary of the Charles Darwin’s birth.Darwin Day, an international event aims to educate and inspire people around the globe to reflect the importance of the scientific discovery, thinking, works, curiosity to find new things, etc. of Charles Darwin.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change?Answer – Harsh Vardhan
- What is the Capital and Currency of Greece?Answer – Capital – Athens;Currency – Euro
- Who is the Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog?Answer – Vice Chairman – Rajiv Kumar
- Where is the Headquarter of UNESCO located?Answer – Paris, France
- Who is the Prime Minister of Russia?Answer – Dmitry Medvedev