AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs February 12 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Statue of which King,popularly known as father of modern architecture was unveiled during the PrimeMinister Narendra Modi’s State Visit to Tripura?
1) Rajdhar Manikya
2) Kirit Bikram Kishore
3) Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya
4) Durga Manikya
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya
During the visit of PM Modi to Agartala he unveiled the statue of Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya at the Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport, Agartala. It was part of the union government policy to honour the heroes of India.Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya is considered as father of modern architecture in Tripura. He did the entire planning of present-day Tripura during his rule. He planned the capital city Agartala also.Statue was built by faculty and students of Tripura government’s Art and craft college. It costs Rs.5 lakh for the Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya statue.
- During the state visit to Assam,Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid foundation stone and inaugurated several projects worth ______________Crore?
1) Rs.18000 Crore
2) Rs.15000 Crore
3) Rs.20000 Crore
4) Rs.25000 Crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs.18000 Crore
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has visited Assam. He attended several programs and laid foundation stone for several vital and development projects worth Rs. 18,000 crore in Assam.
• Narendra Modi laid foundation stone of ALL India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) at Changsari in Guwahati.
• He inaugurated Numaligarh Refinery Ltd’s bio-diesel refinery and the Barauni-Guwahati gas pipeline, connecting northeast with national gas grid at an estimated cost of Rs. 6000, which will further meet the requirement of industries, supply CNG to automobiles and cooking gas to households.
• He also initiated the work for Guwahati to North Guwahati connecting 6 Lane Bridge over Brahmaputra River. This bridge will be built at a cost of Rs. 2187 crore.
• He also initiated LPG capacity augmentation of mounted storage vessel in North Guwahati.
- Under the Short-Term Training (STT) of the PMKVY,25.25 lakh candidates have been trained.PMKVY Stands for?
1) Pradhan Mantri Kshetra Vikas Yojna
2) Pradhan Mudra Khanij Vikas Yojna
3) Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna
4) Pradhan Mudra Kaushal Vikas Yojna
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna
25.25 lakh candidates,out of the 37.32 lakh (aprrox.), have been trained under the Short-Term Training (STT)of the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY). Similarly, 11.27 lakhunder Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and 0.8 lakh under Special Project in various sectors across India.‘Skill Loan Mission’ has been launched by the Government to support youth by providing loan facility to individuals who wish to enrol for the skill development courses, as per the Skill Loan eligibility criteria.All the member banks of the Indian Banking Association (IBA) and other banking and financial institutions, including Micro Finance Institutions, regulated by the Reserve bank of India (RBI) are applicable for the Skill Loan Scheme.The Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship’s lead bank, ‘Bank of India’ is the first bank to notify and implement the scheme.Loans are available in the range of Rs 5000 to Rs 15,000.In the financial year 2017-18, total amount of Rs 29.06 crore was disbursed against 3551 accounts, and during 2018-19 (till Dec 18), Rs 19.46 crore against 2429 accounts.
- Name the US Origin Military Helicopters that was arrived at Mundra Port in Gujarat on 10th February,2019?
1) CH-47 Chinook
2) Mil Mi-26
3) Mil Mi-24
4) Mil Mi-17
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) CH-47 Chinook
On 10th February, 2019 India received a batch of 4 CH-47 Chinook military helicopters for the Indian Air Force from US which arrived at the Mundra Port in Gujarat.These are modern heavy lift choppers which have a primary purpose to move troops, artillery, barrier materials, and equipment on the battlefield. Its tandem configuration also provides exceptional handling qualities like to operate in climatic, altitude, and crosswind conditions.These helicopters have been used by the US Army since 1962 and were also availed in Vietnam.These Chinooks will be conveyed to Chandigarh later this year, where they will be formally admitted into the Indian Air Force.
- What is the name of the Mobile App that was launched during the Surging Silk, Mega Event organized by Ministry of Textiles and Central Silk Board in NewDelhi?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) e-cocoon
On February 10,2019,Surging Silk, Mega Event by Ministry of Textiles and Central Silk Board was held in New Delhi. The event was organized with a motive to highlight the growth of silk industry in India.In this event, Buniyaad Tasar Silk Reeling Machines to women reelers from tribal areas, to eradicate the age old practice of thigh reeling by end of March 2020.This machines by Central Silk Technological Research Institute in association with an entrepreneur from Champa in Chhattisgarh will improve the quality and productivity of Tasar silk yarn.A mobile application e-cocoon was launched during this event to check the quality of silkworm seeds.
- Meghalaya Government had decided to rename which stadium after former lok sabha speaker Purno A Sangma?
1) Dikki Bandi stadium
2) Tilak Maidan Stadium
3) University Stadium
4) Fatorda Stadium
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dikki Bandi stadium
On February 9,2019,The Meghalaya Cabinet decided to rename the Dikki Bandi stadium in Tura town after former Lok Sabha Speaker Purno A Sangma.Purno Agitok Sangma served as the Chief Minister of Meghalaya from 1988 to 1990.
- Union agriculture minister along with which state government inaugurated 3-day long krishi kumbh mela for promoting modern techniques and diversification in agriculture to help double farmer’s income?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2)Bihar
Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh along with Bihar Governor Lalji Tandon inaugurated the 3-daylong Krishi Kumbh Mela in Motihari, Bihar.The main objective of the event is promoting modern techniques and diversification in agriculture to help double farmer’s income.According to the Shri Radha Mohan Singh, the government aims to double the income of farmers by 2022 and it is also creating a strong infrastructure from ‘Beej to Bazar’ for enhancing the farmer’s income.The government is also working on providing the farmers with institutional credit at nominal rates via ‘Kisan Credit Cards’.The Union Agriculture Minister, with the support of state Chief Ministers, is set to the implement the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) program in an efficient manner to ensure expeditious transfer of benefits to farmers.
- Where was the 2nd Joint secretary level meeting to assess the India-Nepal Trade Treaty organized?
2) Pokhara, Nepal
5)None of theseAnswer – 2) Pokhara, Nepal
The two day 2nd Joint Secretary Level meeting to assess the India-Nepal Trade Treaty was organized in Pokhara, Nepal on 7th Feb, 2019 to deliberate upon various bilateral issues and non-tariff barriers in bilateral trade.India deputation was led by Bhupindra Singh Bhalla (Joint Secretary of South Asia), Department of Commerce whereas Nepal Deputation was led by Ravi Shankar Sainju (Joint Secretary of Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies).This meet was based on comprehensive review of the existing bilateral trade treaty to enhance both way’s commerce and investments between India and Nepal.This is 2nd follow-up meet after 1st meet which was held in August last year, to discuss possible ways to facilitate different non-tariff barriers in bilateral trade.
- RBI restructuring package for small businesses will help recast Rs 1 lakh crore of loans to 7 lakh MSME’s account holders,What is the time limit given to bank to implement this scheme?
1) March 2019
2) March 2020
3) April 2019
4) April 2020
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) March 2020
On February 11,2019,RBI restructuring package for small businesses will help recast Rs 1 lakh crore of loans to 7 lakh MSME s account holders.This scheme must be implemented by every bank before March 2020. This MSME package would enhance job opportunities in the industry.This scheme announced by RBI is a one-time scheme wherein a loan tenor and interest rate can be revised without classifying the asset as an NPA.The facility is available for standard advances of up to Rs 25 crore .
- RBI penalized which bank with Rs.2 Crore for Flouting Norms?
1) Indian Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) Corporation Bank
4) Union Bank of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Corporation Bank
Reserve Bank of India,has imposed an aggregate penalty of Rs 20 million on our bank due to some lapses in monitoring of end use of funds and exchange of information with other banks in respect of one borrower along with some other banks.
- Where was the 61st Annual Grammy Awards Ceremony held?
1) Washington D.C,USA
3) Beijing ,China
4) Los Angeles, USA
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Los Angeles, USA
On 10th February 2019, The 61st Annual Grammy Awards Ceremony to recognize the best recording, compositions and artists of the eligibility year (1st October 2017 to 30th September 2018) was held at Staples Center in Los Angeles, USA. This year’s Grammy Awards was hosted by singer-songwriter, Alicia Keys.
- Who was Conferred with the MusiCares Person of the Year 2019?
1) St. Vincent
2) Dolly Parton
3) Dua Lipa
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dolly Parton
On 8th February 2019, Dolly Parton was conferred with the ”MusiCares Person of the Year”.
- For the first time in Grammy Awards History,which rap song won both the Song of the year and Record of the year 2019?
1) God’s Plan
3) Space Cowboy
4) This is America
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) This is America
For the first time both “Song of the Year” and “Record of the year” was awarded to a rap song, “This is America”.
- Which City host the 72nd British Academy of Film and Television Arts(BAFTA) Awards?
1) Los Angeles, USA
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) London,U.K
72nd British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards ceremony, popularly referred to as BAFTA Awards 2018 was held on 10th February 2019 in London, United Kingdom. The ceremony was hosted by English actress Joanna Lumley.
- Which film won the Best Film in the 72nd British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards?
1) Spiderman : into the Spider-verse
2) The Favourite
3) 73 Cows
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Roma
Netflix drama ‘Roma’ won the best film prize along with director, Alfonso Cuaron and co-stars Olivia Colman and Rachel Weisz won in their respective categories.
- Which Film won the most number of awards in the 72nd British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards?
1) The Favourite
2) 73 Cows
3) Spiderman : into the Spider-verse
4) Black Panther
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) The Favourite
With seven BAFTAs, The Favourite by the director Yorgos Lanthimos emerged as the top winner on the awards night.
BAFTA 2019 Winners list
Category Winner Best Actress Olivia Colman (The Favourite) Best Supporting Actress Rachel Weisz (The Favourite) Outstanding British Film The Favourite Best Costume Design The Favourite Best Makeup and Hair The Favourite Best Production Design The Favourite Best Original Screen Play The Favourite
- Who was appointed as the Chairman of Africa Union during the summit held in Ethiopia?
1) Ilham Aliyev
2) Armen Sarkissian
3) Abdel Fattah El Sisi
4) Alexander Van der Bellen
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Abdel Fattah El Sisi
Abdel Fattah El Sisi, the President of Egypt, was elected as the African Union’s new chairman at a summit in Ethiopia. Mr. El Sisi would succeed Rwanda’s President Paul Kagame as the Union’s chairman, who served for a period of 1 year.The Egyptian President said that the objective would be to improve peace and security in Africa in a holistic and sustainable manner, by keeping mediation and preventive diplomacy as the priority. Also, to counterterrorism by identification their supporters and financers and combating them collectively.
- Name the person,who was appointed as the Ambassador of India to Bhutan?
1) Arun Kumar Singh
2) Ruchira Kamboj
3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
4) Navtej Sarna
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ruchira Kamboj
On Feb. 11 2019, Ruchira Kamboj, currently serving as the High Commissioner of India to South Africa, was appointed as the Ambassador of India to Bhutan. Kamboj is a 1987 cadre Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Officer who has previously served as the Ambassador/PR to Permanent Delegation of India to UNESCO, Paris.
- Who was designated as the brand ambassador of Rajasthan Royals?
1) Aaron Finch
2) Nathan Lyon
3) Glenn Maxwell
4) Shane Warne
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Shane Warne
On February 10,2019, Australia spin legend Shane Warne was entitled as the brand ambassador of Rajasthan Royals in the upcoming Indian Premier League. Shane Warne was the captain Rajasthan Royals for four seasons until 2011 and after that he retired from all form of cricket.The 11th edition of the IPL ,had shane Warne as Rajasthan Royals ‘s mentor.
- Who was the first female driver to win MRF Challenge title in Chennai?
1) Alice Powell
2) Jamie Chadwick
3) Abbie Eaton
4) Vicky Piria
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jamie Chadwick
Jamie Chadwick from Bath, England made history by becoming the fist female driver to win the MRF challenge title after scoring a triple win in the final round in Chennai.Chadwick won 3 out of the 5 races to close an 18-point margin in Max Defourny of Germany.Chadwick won 6 out of 15 races in the series which had stated in November and included events in Dubai and Bahrain.
- Name the Person,who resigned as the Australia Bowling Coach?
1) Craig McDermott
2) Merv Hughes
3) David Saker
4) David Boon
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) David Saker
Australia bowling coach David Saker resigned.He succeeded Craig McDermott in 2016.
- What was the theme of the International Day of Women and Girls in Science,observed on 11th February?
1) Workers on the Move: Defend Your Human Rights
2) Workers on the Move: for Inclusive Green Growth
3) Investment in Women and Girls in Science and Defend Your Human Rights
4) Investment in Women and Girls in Science for Inclusive Green Growth
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Investment in Women and Girls in Science for Inclusive Green Growth
The United Nations (UN) General Assembly declared 11th February as the International Day of Women and Girls in Science, in order to achieve full and equal participation and access to women and girls in science, and to further achieve gender equality and empowerment of women and girls. As per the UNESCO data (2014-16), only about 30% of all female students select STEM-related fields in higher education .The theme for the International Day of Women and Girls in Science was “Investment in Women and Girls in Science for Inclusive Green Growth.
- When was the World day of the Sick observed?
1) 8th February
2) 9th February
3) 11th February
4) 10th February
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 11th February
11th February is observed as the World Day of the Sick. It was initiated by Pope John Paul II in 1992 with an aim to encourage people to pray for those who suffer from ill and for their caregivers.World Day of the Sick was observed for the first time on 11th February 1993.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Union Miniter of Food Processing Industries?Answer – Harsimrat Kaur Badal
- What is the Capital and Currency of United States of America?Answer -Capital -Washington, D. C.; Currency- US Dollar.
- Who is the Prime Minister of Bhutan?Answer – Lotay Tshering
- What is the Headquarter of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO)?Answer – Paris, France
- Who is the Chief Minister of Bihar?Answer – Nitish Kumar