AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 & 23 December 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Under which fund, Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoW&CD) has approved projects worth Rs 7,000 crore including setting up of 1023 fast-track courts ?
1) SWADHAR Greh Fund
2) Mahila e-Haat Fund
3) Nirbhaya fund
4) Training and Employment Programme Fund
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Nirbhaya fund
On December 20, 2019 the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoW&CD) has announced the approval of projects worth Rs 7,000 crore including setting up of 1023 fast-track courts under Nirbhaya fund. These courts were decided to be set up inorder to provide speedy trials of over 1.66 lakh pending cases of crime against women and children in India.
- To which country, India has granted Rs 2.2 crore for construction of Girls’ Hostel for its Armed Police Force (APF) School ?
3) Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Nepal
On December 22, 2019, The Government of India (GoI) has granted Rs 2.2 crore (40.42 million Nepali Rupees) for construction of Girls’ Hostel for Nepal Armed Police Force (APF) School in Kirtipur, Kathmandu.The construction project was implemented by Nepal APF. The inaugural ceremony was attended by Dr Ajay Kumar, Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of India, Ramsharan Paudel, Assistant Inspector General, Armed Police Force, Nepal, and others.
- What is the common name of the currency, that was renamed from “CFA Franc” by 8 West African Nations (Benin, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Togo) recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Eco
On December 22, 2019 8 West African Nations agreed to rename their common currency known as “CFA Franc” to “Eco” to severe the CFA franc’s links to former colonial ruler France. This announcement in change to a new currency was made during French President Emmanuel Jean-Michel Frédéric Macron’s visit to Ivory Coast, which is France’s former main colony in West Africa and also the world’s top cocoa producer. The 8 countries are Benin, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Togo.
- Which country has recently launched the “Space Force” focusing on warfare in space ?
2) United States (US)
5) None of theseAnswer-2) United States (US)
On December 22, 2019,The United States (US) President Donald Trump has officially launched “US space force (USSF)”, the 1st new US military service in more than 70 years focusing on warfare in space. Trump has signed the 2020 National Defense Authorization Act to make the formation of the space force into reality, which would set an initial budget for the Pentagon force that would be equivalent for the five other branches of the military.
- Which bank has signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Gujarat state government to provide loans to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) sector ?
1) HDFC Bank
2) Canara Bank
3) Bank of Baroda (BoB)
4) State Bank of India (SBI)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Bank of Baroda (BoB)
On December 20, 2019, In order to facilitate the flow of credit in the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) sector, Bank of Baroda (BoB),an Indian Multinational, public sector Bank, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Gujarat government. As per the agreement, the credit will be provided to the MSME for greenfield projects, startups, women entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs from backward areas under the Gujarat Single Window Clearance Act 2017 & Ordinance Number 1 of 2019 dated October 24, 2019.
- Who was named as the first Prime Minister (PM) of Cuba since 1976 ?
1) Manuel Marrero Cruz
2) Hubert Minnis
3) Charles Michel
4) Mia Mottley
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Manuel Marrero Cruz
Manuel Marrero Cruz, 56 has become the first PM of Cuba since 1976.He has been the Tourism Minister of Cuba for the last 16 years. He was appointed by the Cuba’s President Miguel Diaz-Canel. Fidel Castro was the Prime Minister from 1959 to 1976, when a new constitution changed his title to President, the post of the PM was eliminated.
- Which organization has appointed Dr Sangita Reddy as its President for the year 2019-20 ?
1) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
2) The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
3) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
4) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
On 23rd December 2019, Dr Sangita Reddy, Joint Managing Director of Apollo Hospitals Group was appointed as the President of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) for the year 2019-20, during FICCI’s 92nd Annual Convention in New Delhi.She succeeds Mr Sandip Somany, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, HSIL Limited. Mr Uday Shankar has been elevated as Senior Vice President of FICCI. Mr Sanjiv Mehta was appointed as the Vice President of FICCI.
- Who was appointed as the first woman Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at the US government’s powerful Federal Communications Commission (FCC) ?
1) Angela Ahrendts
2) Dr Monisha Ghosh
3) Sheryl Sandberg
4) Ursula Burns
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Dr Monisha Ghosh
Indian-American Dr Monisha Ghosh has been appointed as the first woman Chief Technology Officer at the US government’s powerful Federal Communications Commission (FCC). She will take charge on January 13, 2020.She replaces Dr Eric Burger.Dr Ghosh will advise Indian-American Chairman of the FCC Ajit Pai and the agency on technology and engineering issues.she will also work with the Office of Engineering and Technology.Ghosh received her PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California in 1991 and B.tech from IIT Kharagpur in 1986.
- Name the Chairman of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), whose tenure was extended by six months on 20th December, 2019 .
2) Arindom Datta
3) Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
4) Deepak Singhal
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
On 20th December, 2019, Government of India had extended the tenure of Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, chairman of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) by six months.In December 2013, he was appointed as the chairman of NABARD by succeeding Prakash Bakshi who retired on September 2013.
- Name the “biosimilar” medicine of Trastuzumab, which was announced by World Health Organization (WHO) for 1st time to make breast cancer treatment cheaper .
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Ontruzant
On December 18, 2019 the World Health Organization (WHO) announced that for the 1st time it had approved a “biosimilar” medicine of Trastuzumab named “Ontruzant” to make cheaper breast cancer treatment at an affordable rate to women globally. The medicine is derived from living sources rather than chemicals. The biosimilar medicine of the Trastuzumab drug was supplied by Samsung Bioepis co Ltd.
- Name the Indian women spinner, who was ranked 2nd in the International Cricket Council (ICC) women’s T20I (Twenty-twenty International) Bowler ranking released on December 21, 2019 .
1) Jemimah Rodrigues
2) Anuja Patil
3) Poonam Yadav
4) Radha Yadav
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Radha Yadav
On December 21, 2019, the International Cricket Council (ICC) T20I (Twenty-twenty International) rankings for Women players were released. Spinner Radha Yadav remained in the second position in the Bowler rankings which is the highest of all category rankings by an Indian Women’s cricketer in the recently released T20I women’s rankings.
- Which city is set to host the FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) U-17 (Under-17) women’s world cup 2020 for the first time ?
1) Montevideo, Uruguay
2) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
3) Zarqa, Jordan
4) San José, Costa Rica
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
On December 22, 2019, As per the Local Organising Committee (LOC) of the FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) U-17 (Under-17) women’s world cup 2020, Ahmedabad, a city in Gujarat, has received the provisional clearance for hosting the tournament at its TransStadia arena.The tournament will be held from November 2 – 21, 2020. It will mark the first time that India has hosted a FIFA women’s football tournament.
- Name the 1st Indian bowler, who took two One Day Internationals (ODI) hat-tricks (1 against West Indies in 2019 and the other against Australia in 2017 ) .
1) Jasprit Bumrah
2) Kedar Jadhav
3) Kuldeep Yadav
4) Yuzvendra Chahal
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Kuldeep Yadav
India’s Kuldeep Yadav (25 years) became the first Indian bowler to take two hat-tricks in ODIs. He achieved the feat in the 2nd ODI match which was held in Visakhapatnam, AP. His 1st hat-trick was against Australia in 2017 at the Eden Gardens stadium in Kolkata, West Bengal. Kuldeep joins the list of bowlers with two hat-tricks which include Wasim Akram(Pakistan) and Saqlain Mushtaq (Pakistan), Chaminda Vaas(Srilanka) and Trent Boult (New Zealand).
- Who became the leading run-scorer in the 50 over One Day Internationals (ODI) format in the year 2019 ?
1) Rohit Sharma
2) Shikhar Dhawan
3) MS Dhoni
4) Virat Kohli
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Rohit Sharma
Indian opener Rohit Sharma (32 years) became the leading run-scorer in the 50 over ODI format in 2019. He scored 1382 runs in the ODI format. He became 1st batsman to score five 100+ scores in a single edition of the tournament i.e., ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019. He was followed by Virat Kohli who was the second top run-scorer in ODI 2019.
- Name the Indian Cricketer, who has scored most International runs & also breaks his own world record for most international 6s in the year 2019 .
1) Virat Kohli
2) Shikhar Dhawan
3) MS Dhoni
4) Rohit Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Rohit Sharma
Rohit has scored with 2388 international runs in 2019. He surpassed Sri Lankan cricketer Sanath Jayasuriya’s 1997 record of most international runs as an opener in a calendar year. Rohit is followed by Virat Kohli who has scored 2370 international runs 2019. Rohit Sharma broke his own world record of most sixes across all formats in international cricket in a calendar year. He totally hit 77 sixes in 2019 as against his 74 sixes in 2018.
- Cricketer, Shai Hope was seen in news recently, he belongs to which country ?
2) West Indies
3) South Africa
4) New Zealand
5) None of theseAnswer-2) West Indies
Windies cricketer Shai Hope became the Second-Fastest Batsman To Score 3,000 ODI Runs. He achieved the feat during the third and final ODI match held in Odisha in the 67th innings. South African cricketer Hashim Amla holds the record of being the fastest man to score 3000 ODI runs in just 57 innings.
- Name the deceased Indian classical vocalist, who was well known for her thumirs ?
1) Savita Devi
2) Siddheshwari Devi
3) Shobha Gurtu
4) Girija Devi
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Savita Devi
Renowned Indian classical vocalist Savita Devi of 80 years died at the Fortis Memorial Research Institute in Gurugram .She was known for her thumirs.she was the daughter and disciple of late Siddheshwari Devi who was the recipient of the Padma Shri award. Savita also received training in sitar from Pandit Ravi Shankar.She was the author of the book ‘Maa…Siddheshwari’ which was the biography of her mother Siddeshwari Devi.she was also the head of the music department at Daulat Ram College under Delhi University for many years.
- Martin Peter of England passed away recently, he belonged to which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Football
76 years old England’s football and the World Cup winner Martin Peters died after suffering from Alzheimer’s disease for three years. The midfielder scored against West Germany in the 1966 World Cup final and won 67 caps. He was the legend of West Ham United Football Club. He joined West Ham in 1959 at the age of 15. He also won the UEFA Cup and two League Cups with Tottenham.
- Name the founder of BRAC( Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee), who passed away recently .
1) Sir Fazle Hasan Abed
2) Fazlur Rahman Khan
3) Muhammad Yunus
4) Madhav Chavan
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Sir Fazle Hasan Abed
On December 20, 2019, Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, founder & Chair Emeritus of BRAC( Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee), one of the world’s largest non-governmental organizations(NGO), has passed away in Dhaka, Bangladesh due to brain tumor. He was 83. Abed was awarded several national & international awards. World Food Prize, honoured Abed as its Laureate in 2015. He was also awarded a knighthood from Britain in 2010 for his work. Recently, on September 29, 2019, Abed has won the prestigious Yidan Prize, the largest international prize in education, for his path breaking work on education development.
- Ramachandra Babu passed away recently, he was a legendary ____________.
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Cinematographer
On December 22, 2019 Noted cinematographer, K. Ramachandra Babu passed away at the age of 72 due to cardiac arrest in Kozhikode, Kerala. He worked as a cinematographer in 1970s and 80s for landmark films in Malayalam and in other Indian cinema. He passed away before the release of his maiden film as a director, for the Malayalam film Professor Dinkan.
- Name the deceased Translator and professor, who won Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award in the year 2012 for his book “Akkaa” .
2) Mu. Varadarajan
3) G. Nanjundan
4) C. Rajagopalachari
5) None of theseAnswer-3) G. Nanjundan
Sahitya Akademi Awardee, Translator and professor, Dr. G. Nanjundan passed away at the age of 58 in Nagadevanahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka.He was well known for translating Kannada literature into tamil and received many accolades for his work.He received the Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award 2012 for translation for his work “Akkaa”.He also translated, Jnanpith awardee U R Ananthamurthy’s ‘Bhava’ and ‘Avasthe’.
- On which date, National Mathematics Day is celebrated annually commemorating the birth anniversary of legendary Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan ?
1) 20 December
2) 21 December
3) 23 December
4) 22 December
5) None of theseAnswer-4) 22 December
22 December is celebrated as the National Mathematics Day every year to mark the birth anniversary of legendary Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan and his contributions in the field of mathematics. The former Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh, on December 22, 2012 paid tribute to Srinivasa Ramanujan at a function organised on the occasion of the 125th birth anniversary of the great mathematician Srinivasa Iyengar Ramanujan in Chennai and declared 22nd of December as National Mathematics Day.
- Whose birth anniversary is celebrated as the National Farmers Day / Kisan Divas on 23rd December ?
1) Chaudhary Charan Singh
2) Gulzarilal Nanda
3) Vishwanath Pratap Singh
4) Lal Bahadur Shastri
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Chaudhary Charan Singh
On December 23, 2019, National Farmers Day / Kisan Divas was celebrated across the Nation to mark the birth anniversary of Chaudhary Charan Singh,the 5th Prime Minister (PM) of India (from July 1979 to January 1980). The day celebrated every year to raise awareness among people about the importance of the farmers to the society and overall economic and social development of the country.
- Name the Scheme launched by Andhra Pradesh government to provide Rs 24,000 per annum for each handloom weaver family.
1) Rajiv Yuva Kiranalu
2) Nethanna Nestham
3) Mana Biyyam
4) Bangaru Thalli
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Nethanna Nestham
On December 22, 2019, the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh (AP) Shri Yeduguri Sandinti Jagan Mohan Reddy launched a scheme for weavers named “Nethanna Nestham” at Dharmavaram of Anantapur district. The aim of the scheme is to provide Rs 24,000 per annum for each handloom weaver family. The scheme would provide financial aid to about 85,000 families across the State for a period of 5 years. Thus, each family would get Rs. 1.2lakh at the end of 5 years. The CM also announced ex-gratia to all the families of the deceased weavers who had committed suicide. Families of 57 weavers from Anantapur district, AP will be given a financial assistance of Rs.3.5 crores.The cheques would be delivered by public representatives and authorities.
- Who won the prestigious Janakavi P Sawlaram Memorial Award 2019 for his contribution in the field of cinema and theatre ?
1) Atul Kale
2) Vinay Apte
3) Sharad Ponkshe
4) Pravin Tarde
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Sharad Ponkshe
On December 23, 2019, Sharad Ponkshe (52), an Indian film actor and writer, mainly working in Hindi and Marathi cinema, was awarded prestigious Janakavi P Sawlaram Memorial Award 2019 at Thane in Maharashtra for his contribution in the field of cinema and theatre. The award consists a cash prize worth of Rs. 25,000, a citation and shawl. Also, Marathi Actress, Usha Naik was also awarded the Ganga-Jamuna Award 2019. These awards were presented by Thane Mayor Naresh Mhaske.
- Name the Programme launched by WE Hub in partnership with Start-up India, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade(DPIIT) in Telangana .
5) None of theseAnswer-4) WING
On December 20, 2019 the WE hub, announced its partnership with Start-up India, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade(DPIIT) to launch Startup India’s flagship program for women entrepreneurs called WING. Its stands for Women Rise Together program in Telangana. The program was launched in collaboration with KSUM (Kerala Startup Mission) and would provide the entrepreneurs with knowledge on innovation and access to incubation, investors and business support.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Indian Cricketer, who completes 15 years in international cricket . Answer-Mahendra Singh Dhoni
MS Dhoni made his international debut on December 23, 2004. The wicketkeeper-batsman from Jharkhand was handed his ODI cap on December 23, 2004 against Bangladesh in Chittagong.
- Jayakwadi Dam is located in which state ? Answer-Maharashtra
- Barabati Stadium is located in which state ? Answer-Cuttack, Odisha
Barabati Stadium is located in Cuttack, Odisha.The stadium was in news recently because 3rd ODI match between India vs West Indies was held in this stadium on 22nd December, 2019 .
- Who is the President of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) ? Answer-Gianni Infantino
- What is the Capital and Currency of Cuba ? Answer-Capital- Havana & Currency- Cuban Peso, Cuban Convertible Peso
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs-2019/december/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try December Current Affairs 2019 Quiz[/su_button]