AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs August 11 2019
- What is the revised minimum period of Child Care Leave (CCL) for the female and single male service officers working in defence sector ?
1) 30 days
2) 15 days
3) 5 days
4) 45 days
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 5 days
On August 10, 2019, Defence Minister of India, Rajnath Singh has approved the extension of Child Care Leave (CCL) benefits to single male service personnel and further, the minimum period of CCL has been reduced to 5 days instead of 15 days.CCL for Defence personnel: Till now, women officers of defence forces are given up to 15 days to care for children up to the age of 22, with a 40 % disability. Not only female employees but now Single male service personnel also will be given 5 days leave from the earlier limit of 15 days to care for their children (irrespective of age).
- Which country has decided to set up a Joint Technical committee for optimum utilization of Ganges water with India under the Ganga Water Sharing Treaty 1996 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bangladesh
On August 8, 2019, At a Secretary-level meeting in Dhaka, India and Bangladesh decided to set up a Joint Technical committee for optimum utilization of Ganges water as being received by Bangladesh under the Ganga Water Sharing Treaty 1996. The Indian delegation was led by Water Resources Secretary Upendra Prasad Singh while the Bangladesh side was led by his counterpart Kabir Bin Anwar.Both the countries agreed to prepare a framework for interim water-sharing agreement for 8 rivers including Feni, Gumti and Teesta.The Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna mega-basin is the second largest hydraulic region in the world.
- Name the insurgency group, which has signed a tripartite settlement agreement with Indian government and Tripura government to abjure the path of violence and agreed to abide by the Constitution of India .
1) All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF)
2) People’s Liberation Army (PLA)
3) National People’s Liberation Front (NPLF)
4) National Liberation Front of Twipra (NLFT)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) National Liberation Front of Twipra (NLFT)
On August 10,2019, Government of India (GoI) has signed a tripartite Memorandum of Settlement (MoS)with Government of Tripura and banned rebel outfit of Tripura National Liberation Front of Twipra (NLFT) led by Sabir Kumar Debbarma & agreed to abjure the path of violence, join the mainstream and abide by the Constitution of India. It also decided to surrender its 88 cadres with their weapons.
- Under which act, National Liberation Front of Twipra (NLFT) was banned since the year 1997?
1) Unlawful Acts against Indian Consitution Act, 1965
2) Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act,1967
3) Legal Services Authorities Act, 1965
4) Prevention of Public Property Act, 1964
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act,1967
Since the year 1997, National Liberation Front of Twipra (NLFT) has been banned under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act,1967 and has been involved in violence, from its camps across the international border in Bangladesh. It has been responsible for violent activities, including 317 insurgency-related incidents( where 28 security forces personnel and 62 civilians lost their lives) during the period from 2005 to 2015. Peace talks with NLFT were initiated in 2015&there it has not been involved in any violence activity by NLFT since 2016.
- Which Life Insurance Company has been added to the Morgan Stanley Capital International’s Global Standard Index while Union Bank of India(UBI) was removed from its India Smallcap Index?
1) Max Life Insurance Company Ltd.
2) SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd.
3) HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd.
4) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Ltd.
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd.
On August 8, 2019, MSCI Inc ( Morgan Stanley Capital International), One of the world’s biggest index compilers, has added HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd. to its Global Standard Index and removed Union Bank of India(UBI) from its India Smallcap Index. The changes in the MSCI Index will be implemented as of the closing hours of August 27, 2019.After the announcement made by the MSCI, the stocks of HDFC Life gained more than 5 % intraday to hit a record high of Rs 545& the shares of Union Bank corrected 2 % at Rs 62.40.
- Who was the elected as the interim president of the Indian National Congress(INS) party ?
1) Sonia Gandhi
2) A. K. Antony
3) P. Chidambaram
4) Priyanka Vadra
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sonia Gandhi
On August 10, 2019, The Congress Working Committee (CWC), the highest decision-making body of the party, selected Sonia Gandhi, aged 72, as the interim president of the Indian National Congress party. She had held the post of Congress President between 1998 and 2017. She succeeds Rahul Gandhi.
- To which country, Ghotu Ram Meena was appointed as the next Ambassador of India?
4) Republic of Congo
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Republic of Congo
On August 8, 2019, As per the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India(GoI), Shri Ghotu Ram Meena has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Congo. He is presently serving as Counsellor, Embassy of India, Kyiv, Ukraine Ministry of External Affairs (MEA). He replaces Ms. Nina Tshering La.The Republic of Congo has supported India’s candidature in various international forums. Government of India approved a line of US $ 89.9 million for the development of the transportation system in congo in 2014 & approved another line of credit for US $ 55 million for a greenfield 600 TPD rotary kiln-based cement plant project. India also donated medicines worth US $ 200,000 to the Republic of Congo in 2010.
- Name the entity, which launched its own Operating System (OS) named HongMengOS in Chinese/ HarmonyOS in English .
2) Huawei Technologies
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Huawei Technologies
On August 9, 2019, Huawei Technologies launched its own Operating System (OS) named HongMengOS in Chinese/ HarmonyOS in English. The first version of the OS will be launched later in 2019 in its smart screen products. It is a part of Huawei’s play in the Internet of Things (IoT). It can be used across different devices from smartphones to smart speakers and even sensors.Over the next three years, the OS will be used in other devices, including wearables and car head units.
- Which state’s ox-bow lake received the 1st ‘Community Reserve’ status in the state recently ?
1) West Bengal
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bihar
Gogabeel, an ox-bow lake (measures 88 hectares ) in Katihar district of Bihar has been declared as state’s 1st ‘Community Reserve’. Gogabeel, which is the 15th Protected Area (PA) in Bihar, is formed from the flow of the rivers Mahananda and Kankhar in the north and the Ganga in the south and east.
- Who won gold medal in 65kg men’s freestyle competition at Tbilisi Grand Prix 2019 ?
1) Bajrang Punia
2) Sushil Kumar
3) Yogeshwar Dutt
4) Saurav Gurjar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bajrang Punia
Indian Wrestler Bajrang Punia won gold in 65kg men’s freestyle competition at Tbilisi Grand Prix 2019 against Iran’s Peiman Bibyani by 2-0. The event was held at the New Sports Palace, Tbilisi, Georgia and was organised by the Georgian Wrestling Federation. It is the fourth gold medal for Punia after winning gold at Dan Kolov, Asian Championship and Ali Aliev tournament.
- Renowned freedom fighter Dayanidhi Nayak passed away recently, he belong to which state ?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Odisha
On August 10, 2019, Renowned freedom fighter Dayanidhi Nayak, aged 95, passed away after undergoing treatment at a private hospital for old age-related ailments at Panimora village, Bargarh, Odisha. He had struggled against the British Government during the Quit India movement (8 August 1942). He was also jailed for 9 months and he was one of the 32 freedom fighters from Panimora.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Bhimbandh Wild Life Sanctuary is located in which state ?Answer – Bihar
- What is the Capital and Currency of Republic of Congo ?Answer – Capital: Brazzaville & Currency: Central African CFA franc
- Who is the MD & CEO of HDFC Life Insurance Company ?Answer – MD&CEO: Vibha Padalkar
- What is the tagline of Union Bank of India(UBI) ?Answer – Good people to bank with
- Who is the Water Resources Secretary of Bangladesh ?Answer – Kabir Bin Anwar
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification