AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 8 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Click Here to Read Current Affairs April 8 2019
- Who chaired the biannual Army Commanders’ Conference, held in New Delhi?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Bipin Rawat
4) Devraj Anbu
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bipin Rawati
On 8th April 2019, the biannual Army Commanders’ Conference began in New Delhi for the planning and execution process of the Indian Army. Some issues like the management of the extant security dynamics, mitigation of future security threats were discussed in this conference.Other issues, such as development of infrastructure for improvement of capacity along the Northern borders, review of strategic railway lines, optimization of a limited budget to ensure making up of critical insufficiency in ammunition and welfare of troops also discussed.Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman delivered her opening address at the conference and the Chief of the Army Staff, Bipin Rawat chaired the conference.
- In which state the music and poetry festival titled ‘Jashn-e-Ittihaad’ had organized to spread awareness about unity amongst the youth?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On 6th April 2019, a music and poetry festival titled ‘Jashn-e-Ittihaad’ was held at the Jamia Milia Islamia central university in New Delhi to spread awareness about unity amongst the youth. The festival was organized by Delhi-based entertainment company Question Associates Pvt Ltd.In this event, people enjoyed the soulful Hindi and Urdu poetry, music and performances that made them feel good as well as spread awareness about unity and integrity.Some great poets like Irshad Kamil and Waseem Barelvi participated in this festival.
- In which state does the tribe community named “Konyak” reside?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Nagaland
On 8th April 2019, in the programme organized at Mon (Nagaland) during the Aoleang Monyu festival (usually held between 1st April to 3rd April every year) around 5000 Konyak Naga women in their traditional attire attempted to set a Guinness World Record for the ‘Largest Traditional Konyak Dance’.The festival is celebrated for the arrival of Spring and for a good upcoming harvest.
- What was the theme of the Aoleang Monyu festival aka Mini Hornbill festival celebrated in Nagaland ?
1) Theme – ‘Empowering women for cultural heritage‘
2) Theme – ‘ Life Below Water: For people and planet’
3) Theme – ‘Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere’
4) Theme – ‘Bridging health and social care’
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme – ‘Empowering women for cultural heritage‘
The theme of the Aoleang Monyu festival aka Mini Hornbill festival was ‘Empowering women for cultural heritage.‘Konyak Union in coordination with other organisations of the tribe, namely, Konyak Nyupuh Sheko Khong (KNSK) and Konyak Students’ Union (KSU) organized the event.The objective of the event was to preserve the cultural heritage of the region and the people and to promote tourism.
- Which bank has signed a term loan Pact of Rs. 2,000 crore for part financing of National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC) recently?
1) Indian Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) Canara Bank
4) Bank of Baroda
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Canara Bank
On 5th April 2019, National Thermal Power Corporation(NPTC) has signed a term- loan Pact of Rs.2,000 crore with Canara Bank. The Loan facility prolonged at an interest rate linked to 3-Month MCLR of Bank. The lent amount would be utilized to part finance company’s capital expenditure.The tenure for the loan is 15 years .For part financing company’s capital expenditure, NPTC had inked a term-loan agreement for Rs.5,000 crore with State Bank of India in February, 2019.
- What is the revised GDP growth of India for the fiscal year 2019-20, as projected by World Bank in its recent report on South Asia?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 7.5%
The World Bank notified that India’s consistent hold in investment sector, mainly private-improved export performance and resilient consumption, has led its GDP growth forecast to mount to 7.5 per cent for fiscal year 2019-20.The real GDP growth is estimated at 7.2 per cent in FY18/19. According to the latest World Bank’s report South Asia, data for the first 3 quarters show that growth has been broad-based.Industrial growth sped up to 7.9 per cent which means the services growth will decelerate. Agriculture growth remains at 4%.
- Name the railway station which is first in India to get ISO certification?
1) Howrah Railway Station
2) Guwahati Railway Station
3) Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
4) Char Bagh Railway Station
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Guwahati Railway Station
The Guwahati Railway Station has become the first ever railway station in the Indian Railways to get an ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation) certification from the National Green Tribunal (NGT).It has been given this certificate for providing passenger amenities in a clean and green environment.ISO certification received by Guwahati Railway Station is ISO-14001, which is for Environment Management System as per international norms which were upgraded in 2015.
- To which country Isaak Hayik belongs, who has became the world’s oldest person to play professional soccer match?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Israel
On 6th April 2019, 73-year-old Israeli Isaak Hayik set a new world record as the world’s oldest person to play in a professional soccer match. He played a match for FC Ironi Or Yehuda against FC Maccabi Ramat Gan.The previous record holder was 53 years old Uruguayan Robert Carmona who played a professional match in 2015.Hayik was born in Iraq and immigrated to Israel with his parents. He was officially recognized in an award ceremony attended by representatives from the Guinness World Record organization.
- Who has become the first woman Chairman and Managing Director of the mini ratna-I category PSU, after appointing as the interim CMD of Pawan Hans Limited?
1) Rajesh Kakkar
2) Arun Kumar
3) Usha Padhee
4) Sanjeev Kapoor
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Usha Padhee
On 7th April, 2019, Odisha cadre IAS officer, Usha Padhee, has been given additional charge as the Chairman & Managing Director of Pawan Hans Ltd, helicopter services providing company. Currently , she is serving as the Joint Secretary of Department of Civil Aviation.Usha Padhee became the first woman CMD of Pawan Hans Ltd.With this appointment, she becomes the first woman CMD of the mini ratna-I category PSU (Public sector undertakings). She also served as the Director of the Pawan Hans Ltd and Additional Director at Delhi International Airport Limited.The post was vacant since the superannuation of then incumbent B P Sharma.
- Which Indian forest has become home to group of jumping spiders named “Habrocestum longispinum” recently?
1) Ernakulam Illithodu forests, Kerala
2) Sundarbans, West Bengal
3) Khasi hills, Meghalaya
4) Vandalur Reserve forest, Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ernakulam Illithodu forests, Kerala
On 5th April 2019, a new species of jumping spiders named “Habrocestum longispinum” has been spotted in Ernakulam’s Illithodu forests, Kerala by the arachnologists from Kochi’s Sacred Heart College, Thevara.This new species belong to the genus Habrocestum, is being found in Eurasia and Africa.The survey was funded by the Department of Science and Technology – Science and Engineering Research Board. The study has been published in the Journal of Natural History.
- Which state was notified with yellow weather warning by Meteorological Department recently?
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Himachal Pradesh
On 7th April, 2019, The Meteorological Department issued a yellow weather warning for rain in Himachal Pradesh by forecasting thunderstorm with hail in isolated places over the state.Meteorological Department has issued colour-coded warnings to alert people ahead of severe or hazardous weather.Code color yellow is the least dangerous weather warning which indicates the possibility of severe weather over the next few days that could affect people.
- Who won the Men’s Singles title in the 2019 Malaysia Open, officially known as the CELCOM AXIATA Malaysia Open 2019?
1) Liu Yuchen
2) Li Junhui
3) Chen Long
4) Lin Dan
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Lin Dan
Lin Dan of China has claimed title in Men’s Singles category by defeating China’s Chen Long, whereas Tai Tzu-ying of Chinese Taipei has claimed the title in Women’s singles by defeating Akane Yamaguchi of Japan.
The Complete list of winners is given below:
EVENT WINNER RUNNER UP
Men’s Singles Lin Dan (China) Chen Long (China)
Women’s Singles Tai Tzu-Ying (Chinese Taipei) Akane Yamaguchi (Japan)
Men’s Doubles Li Junhui and Liu Yuchen (China) Takeshi Kamura and Keigo Sonoda (Japan)
Women’s Doubles Chen Qingchen and Jia Yifan (China) Du Yue and Li Yinhui (China)
Mixed Doubles Zheng Siwei and Huang Yaqiong (China) Wang Yilu and Huang Dongping (China)
- Tai Tzu Ying, women’s singles world No.1 shuttler has decided to retire after 2020 Tokyo Olympics, she belongs to which country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Taiwan
Taiwanese badminton star Tai Tzu Ying has announced that she would be retiring from badminton after 2020 Tokyo Olympics. The Chinese Taipei player is the Undisputed top shuttler in women’s singles circuit and has proved one of the dominant players. But she has not won a medal at World Cup or Olympics, yet. Though the world No. 1 has been highlighted by winning six titles on the Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Tour in the past year and she also reigning Asian Games and two-time Asian champion, but is yet to secure a medal at either the Olympic Games or World Championships.
- Malaysian Arie Irawan passed away at the age of 28, he belonged to which sport?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Golf
On 7th April 2019, 28 years old Malaysian golfer Arie Irawan passed away by ‘apparent natural causes’ in his hotel room at the Chinese resort island of Hainan. He was born on 21st August 1990 in Selangor, Malaysia.He had been competing in the PGA Tour Series-China’s Sanya Championship where he missed the cut but remained at the Sheraton Sanya Resort across from Yalong Bay Golf Club.He turned professional Golfer in 2013 and won two Asian Developmental Tour events in his seven-year career.
- Of which country, Women’s World Cup cricketer Elriesa Theunissen-Fourie passed away, at the age of 25 in a car accident recently?
1) South Africa
2) New Zealand
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) South Africa
On 5th April 2019, South Africa Women’s World Cup cricketer Elriesa Theunissen-Fourie passed away at the age of 25 in a car accident. She was born on 2nd May 1993, in Klerksdorp.She represented South Africa in four internationals – three ODIs and one T20I match of 2013 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup squad.Her last match for South Africa was an ODI against Bangladesh Women in September 2013 and made her ODI debut during the 2013 World Cup – against Sri Lanka Women in Cuttack.
- International Romani Day is observed annually on _____________?
1) 7th April
2) 8th April
3) 6th April
4) 5th April
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 8th April
On International Roma Day 2019, the (ERCC) European Roma Rights Centre brings into limelight the grave fact about the 6 million Romani people (living in the EU, European Union) and 4 million living in the enlargement region (Montenegro, Serbia, North Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo and Turkey) who till date remains the most underprivileged ethnic group of Europe.Romanis, till this day and age, continue to face discrimination on grounds of race, ethnicity, health care, education, employment, public services and social services. The day was initiated during the fourth World Romani Congress of the International Romani Union (IRU) in 1990 to honour the first major international meeting of Romani representatives.
- Where was the Kangla Tongbi War Memorial located?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
2) West Bengal
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Manipur
On 07 April 2019 at Kangla Tongbi War Memorial, (near Imphal,Manipur) the Platinum Jubilee of the Battle of Kangla Tongbi War was commemorated by Army Ordnance Corps. The commemoration day was observed to honour the supreme sacrifice made by the courageous Ordnance Personnel of 221 Advance Ordnance Depot in the line of duty during the night of 6/ 7 April 1944 (during World War-II). After the wreath-laying ceremony by Lt Gen Dalip Singh, VSM, DGOS & Senior Colonel Commandant, senior dignitaries visited the Kangla Tongbi Children’s Home where the children were presented with gifts as a matter of charity.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- When was National Thermal Power Corporation(NPTC) founded?1975
- Who is the Union Minister of Railway?Piyush Goyal
- What is the Capital & Currency of Israel?Capital: Jerusalem &Currency: Israeli new shekel
- Who is the President of China?Xi Jinping
- Mathikettan Shola National Park is located in which state?Kerala
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification