AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 4 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Click Here to Read Current Affairs April 4 2019
- Where was the India-Chile Business Forum held?
1) Arica, Chile
2) New Delhi, India
3) Santiago, Chile
4) Mumbai, Maharashtra
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Santiago, Chile
President Shri Ram Nath Kovind, reached Santiago, Chile in the evening of 30th March, 2019. This was the final leg of his visit to three nations – Croatia, Bolivia and Chile. Ram Nath Kovind has addressed the India-Chile Business Forum in Santiago. Both the countries agreed to work together to expand their trade basket and open new pathways for economic engagement in areas such as marine research and other scientific exploration. India has been keen to strengthen its collaboration with Chile in the space sector.
- India and Chile signed 3 MoU’s in which of the following sector?
i.In the field of mining
ii.In the field of Culture
iii.In the field of empowerment of persons with disabilities
iv.In the field of Education
v.In the field of Infrastructure
1) Option i,ii,iii
2) Option i,iii,iv
3) Option ii,iv,v
4) Option iii,iv,v
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Option i,ii,iii
On 1st April, President Ram Nath Kovind discussed wide-ranging issues of mutual interest with his Chilean counterpart Sebastian Pinera and both sides signed 3 Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) in the fields of mining, culture and empowerment of persons with disabilities. These MoUs will further enhance engagement in economic, social and cultural fields between the two countries.
- Name the organization, which release the report on food crises titled “Global Report on Food Crises” annually.
1) International Food Policy Research Institute(IFPRI)
2) Food and Agriculture Organization(FAO)
3) Food Corporation of India(FCI)
4) Food Security Information Network (FSIN)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Food Security Information Network (FSIN)
In accordance with the annual 2019 Global Report on Food Crises, around 113 million people across 53 countries faced severe huger in 2018. In comparison to the figures of 2017, the number is reduced from 124 million but it requires urgent humanitarian assistance. GRFC-2019.The report prepared by 15 leading global and regional organizations was led by UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the World Food Programme (WFP) and International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). It was released by Food Security Information Network (FSIN).The report examined 53 countries that are vulnerable to food crises and provided the causes of severe food insecurity for 27 countries which were mainly persistent conflict and adverse weather events.The two-thirds of the total number of people facing acute food insecurity are in 8 countries viz. Yemen, Congo, Afghanistan, Ethiopia, Syria, Sudan, South Sudan and Northern Nigeria.The report mentioned the short-term forecast of food insecurity in the year 2019 also, stating the above mentioned countries, will remain among the world’s most severe food crises.
- What is the limit of Ways and Means Advances (WMA) set up by Reserve Bank of India(RBI) for the first half of the financial year 2019-20?
1) Rs.90000 crore
2) Rs.75000 crore
3) Rs.25000 crore
4) Rs.50000 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs.75000 crore
The Reserve Bank of India has set the limits for Ways and Means Advances (WMA) to Rs. 75000 crore for the first half of the financial year 2019-20 (April 2019 to September 2019). As and when the government of India utilises 75% of the WMA limit, the central bank would activate fresh floatation of market loans. The rate of interest issued on the Ways and Means Advances (WMA) will be Repo Rate while the overdraft will exceed the Repo Rate by flat 2%. The WMA needs to be vacated after 90 days.
- Reserve Bank of India has reduced its key policy rate by _________ basis point in order to enhance the growth and private investment?
1) 0.10 basis point
2) 0.25 basis point
3) 0.20 basis point
4) 0.50 basis point
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 0.25 basis point
RBI has reduced 0.25 basis points in the Policy Rates under liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) with immediate effect. Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s six-member monetary policy committee chaired by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das released its 1st Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy for 2019-20.
- What is the new Repo Rate revised by the six-member monetary policy committee chaired by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das?
1) 6.00 %
2) 6.25 %
3) 5.75 %
4) 6.50 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 6.00 %
RBI has reduced 0.25 basis points in the Policy Rates under liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) with immediate effect.The Change in Policy rates are as follows:
Policy Rates 1st Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy 2019-2020(Apr-2019) 6th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy(Feb 2019) Repo Rate 6.00 % 6.25% Reverse Repo Rate 5.75 % 6.00% Marginal Standing Facility Rate 6.25 % 6.50% Bank Rate 6.25 % 6.50%
- According to the 1st Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement for 2019-20, GDP growth of India is projected to _____ per cent by Reserve Bank of India(RBI)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 7.2%
RBI projected the GDP growth forecast of India for the current fiscal to 7.2% from the earlier estimate of 7.4 per cent.RBI has estimated the retail inflation forecast between 3.2% and 3.4% for the H1FY20.The objective of the amendment is to achieve the medium-term target for the inflation of the CPI (Consumer Price Index) by 4% (within a band of ‘+2’ or ‘-2’ i.e. 2% and 6%). The expectation for the CPI inflation for first half of FY 20 is between 2.9% and 3% while for the second half, it is estimated from 3.5% to 3.8%. For the last quarter of FY19 (January to March) CPI inflation revised at 2.4%.
- What is the sovereign rating of India as per the credit rating agency Fitch?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) BBB-
On 4th April 2019, Fitch Rating affirms India’s sovereign rating at the lowest investment grade of BBB-with a stable outlook. The growth rate of India forecasted by Fitch is 6.8% in financial year 2019-20 and 7.1% in FY 2020-21.According to Fitch, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) regulations has been eased and there is reduction in red tape but still there are some difficulties in doing business in India due to which India’s rating is not upgraded. Since 2006, this is the 13th year in a row that India is getting “BBB” ranking from Fitch. On August 1, 2006, Fitch had upgraded the India’s rating from “BB+” to “BBB”.
- Where was the 2 day, 4th Annual Meeting of the New Development Bank(NDB) Board of Governors (BoG) and the 18th Meeting of the NDB Board of Directors (BoD) held?
1) Brasília, Brazil
2) Shanghai, China
3) Cape Town, South Africa
4) New Delhi, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Cape Town, South Africa
4th Annual Meeting of the NDB Board of Governors (BoG) and the 18th Meeting of the NDB Board of Directors (BoD) were held in Cape Town, South Africa on 31 March and 1 April 2019 respectively. At the meetings, members of the Boards noted the achievements of the Bank, including expansion of its business, significant growth of loan portfolio as well as the ramp-up of the NDB’s borrowings. The Board of Governors also provided guidance for the Bank’s future work. 4th Annual Meeting of the NDB BoG was chaired by Mr. Tito Titus Mboweni, Governor of the NDB, and Minister of Finance of the Republic of South Africa. Mr. Paulo Guedes, Governor of NDB, Minister of Economy of Brazil was elected as the next Chairman of the BoG, and will serve in this position until the end of the next BoG Annual Meeting. The next Annual Meeting of the Bank’s BoG will be held in Brazil in 2020.
- According to the new norms of Reserve Bank of India (RBI), banks require to disclose their provision if divergence of assessed NPA exceeds ______ per cent of profit prior to provision and contingencies?
1) 15 %
2) 10 %
3) 20 %
4) 25 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 10 %
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has altered the bad loan divergence rule for banks which aims at improving transparency in asset classification and preventing under-reporting of bad loans.The RBI brought leniency in its rule on 1st April, 2019 by asking banks to disclose bad loan divergences in their financial statements. Condition: Additional provisioning if divergence exceeds 10% of profit prior to provision and contingencies.Earlier banks were able to make suitable disclosures only when: Mandated provisioning by the RBI exceeded 15% of the net profits after taxfor the reference period. RBI thus improved upon the additional provisioning requirements.As per RBI, disclosures have to be made: Condition: Additional gross NPAs if material divergence exceeds 15% of the reported gross NPAs for the reference period.
- Which country has approved to supply the 24 multi-mission Lockheed Martin-built MH-60 ‘Romeo’ Seahawk helicopters to India around $2.6 billion worth?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) US
At an estimated cost of $2.6 billion, the United States has approved the sale of 24 multi-mission Lockheed Martin-built MH-60 “Romeo’”Seahawk helicopters to India. These choppers designed for targeting ships, hunting submarines and conducting search-and-rescue operations at sea, would replenish the age-old fleet of British-made Sea King helicopters, used by India. This particular sale proposal would help in strengthening the US-India strategic relationship by aiding the foreign policy and the national security of the US.The sale approval by the US will not only provide India’s defence forces the ability to carry out anti-surface and anti-submarine warfare missions but also the capability to perform secondary missions. The secondary missions is inclusive of vertical replenishment.The choppers are currently deployed with the US navy and are reviewed as the world’s most capable maritime helicopter constructed to operate from aircraft carriers, cruisers, destroyers and frigates.The whooping cost of $2.6 billion includes other supporting equipment and ammunition, namely, 10 Hellfire missiles, 30 MK 54 torpedoes and 38 Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System rockets.The main contractor of the deal is Lockheed Martin’s “Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems”.Defence trade between India and the US has risen extravagantly in the last 10 years and is estimated to reach $18 billion in 2019.
- Name the Indian Politician who was honoured with UAE’s highest civilian award “Zayed Medal” recently.
1) Sushma Swaraj
2) Ram Nath Kovind
3) Arun Jaitley
4) Narendra Modi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Narendra Modi
On the 3rd of April, 2019, UAE honoured PM Narendra Modi with its highest civilian award, the Zayed Medal for boosting the bilateral ties between both of the nations. United Arab Emirates’s highest civilian decoration, the Order of Zayed, awarded to those who contribute to international leadership in strengthening relations with the country.Past recipients of this award were Russian president Vladimir Putin, former US president George W Bush, French leader Nicolas Sarkozy and German politician Angela Merkel.The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan visited India on 24-26 of January, 2017 as the chief guest for Republic Day celebrations in New Delhi and Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited UAE on February 10-11, 2018.India-UAE’s commercial relations are broadly based on energy cooperation, investments made by UAE in India, business and investments made by Indian expatriates in the UAE.
- Who has been appointed as the new Managing Director of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)?
1) M R Kumar
2) Subhash Chandra Garg
3) Vipin Anand
4) Padmaja Chunduru
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Vipin Anand
Vipin Anand has assumed the charge of Managing Director of the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC). In March 2019, he was appointed by Centre as the LIC MD. He will succeed interim chairman, Hemant Bhargava. Vipin Anandi. In the tenure of more than 35 years, he served as the head of LIC’s western zone, comprising of 23 divisions. He has also headed LIC’s east-central zone headquartered at Patna.
- Name the subsidiary of Eicher Motors,which has appointed Vinod K. Dasari as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
1) Hoff & Associates, Inc.
2) Royal Enfield
3) Eicher Polaris Private Ltd.
4) Design Intent Engineering Inc.
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Royal Enfield
Vinod K. Dasari has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Royal Enfield and also became an executive director in the board of Eicher Motors, parent organization of Royal Enfield.Vinod K. Dasari will replace Siddhartha Lal for CEO post. But Mr. Siddhartha Lal will continue as MD of Eicher Motors Ltd.Priorly, he was serving as the MD and CEO at Ashok Leyland since 2011.
- Rakesh Malhotra has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to which country?
1) Republic of Cameroon
3) Antigua and Barbuda
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Republic of Cameroon
Shri Rakesh Malhotra, currently serving as Consul General, Consulate General of India, Melbourne has been appointed as the High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Cameroon.
- Who was appointed as the Industry head of Google India recently?
1) Robert Ernest Andreatta
2) Mayoori kango
3) Hari Raju Mahadevu
4) Kenneth Hohee Yi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mayoori kango
Ex-Bollywood actress and Managing Director of Performics (A Performance Marketing Agency), Mayoori Kango has been appointed as the Industry head of Google India. She will lead Google engagement with Publicis (Parent Company of Performics) and DAN. Mayoori kango.Mayoori Kango started her career at the age of 15 and featured in Saeed Akhtar Mirza’s National Award winning film, Naseem. Her other movies includes “Papa Kehte Hai (1996)”, Betaabi (1997), Hogi Pyaar ki Jeet (1999) and Badal (2000).She quit her acting career and moved to USA after her marriage with NRI Aditya Dhillon.
- Which company acquired the chatbot making startup firm Haptik for Rs.700 Crore?
3) Google LLC
4) Reliance Jio Digital
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Reliance Jio Digital
Reliance Jio Digital, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries has acquired a chatbot making startup firm Haptik for Rs.700 Crore. In this Rs.700 Crore deal, Rs.230 Crore will be used for business transaction and Rs.470 Crore will be used for business expansion.After this acquisition, Reliance Jio Digital now hold 87% stake in Haptik, while Existing investor Times Internet which held 70% stake will exit the company.Haptik Co-founders Aakrit Vaish and Swapan Rajdev will have a minority stake of 13% in Haptik.
- Name the enzyme discovered by Center for Cell and Molecular Biology (CCMB) scientists which helps to cut bacterial cell walls.
1) Xanthine dehydrogenase
2) Murein EndopeptidiaseK
3) Firefly luciferase EC
4) Ribonucleotide reductase
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Murein EndopeptidiaseK
The Center for Cell and Molecular Biology (CCMB) scientists have discovered a new enzyme called “Murein EndopeptidiaseK” while studying the cell growth in bacteria. This new discovery has paved the way for a new drug treatment that prevents anti-bacterial resistance by existing antibiotics.It would act on the protein of cell wall in Escherichia coli (E. coli), a bacterium found in the lower intestine of warm-blooded organisms.Pavan Kumar Chodisetti, research student and his mentor Dr. Manjula Reddy were the backbone of this discovery. The finding has been published in the latest issue of Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, USA.
- Find the messaging app, which unveiled a platform named ‘Checkpoint Tipline’ to tackle fake news during the Lok Sabha Election?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) WhatsApp
In order to check the authenticity of information during Lok Sabha Election, Messaging app WhatsApp unveiled a platform named “Checkpoint Tipline”, which can review the content in the form of pictures, video links or text. This tipline is unveiled by an India-based media skilling start-up, Proto.Subscribers in India can submit misinformation or rumours they receive to the Checkpoint Tipline on WhatsApp (+91-9643-000-888).After sharing the information, the app will check with the checkpoints and inform the user whether the submitted information is fake or not using the key terms – true, false, misleading, disputed or out of scope and include any other related information that is available.The platform can review the text in English as well as in four regional languages viz-Hindi, Telugu, Bengali and Malayalam can also be reviewed.This newly launched platform will form a database of rumours to study misinformation during elections for the research project Checkpoint , technically assisted by WhatsApp.
- What was the theme of International Mine Awareness Day 2019?
1) Theme – “Circular Economy for Productivity & Sustainability”
2) Theme – “Life Below Water: For people and planet”
3) Theme – “United nations promotes SDGs –Safe Ground –Safe Home”
4) Theme – “Dialogue, Tolerance and Peace”
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Theme – “United nations promotes SDGs –Safe Ground –Safe Home”
United Nations’ International Mine Awareness Day is observed on 4th April every year to raise awareness about landmines and the actions that need to be taken towards their eradication. The Theme for International Mine Awareness Day 2019 is “United nations promotes SDGs –Safe Ground –Safe Home” (SDG –Sustainable Development Goals). Key Points i. A multimedia exhibition was organized by the United Nations Mine Service (UNMS) at the United Nations headquarters in New York to raise awareness about threats caused by mines.On 8th December 2005, United Nations General assembly declared that International Mines awareness Day will be observed on 4th April every year.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Secretary General of United Nations?Antonio Guterres
- What is the Capital & Currency of Cameroon?Capital : Yaounde & Currency : Central African CFA franc (XAF)
- Who is the President of Chile?Sebastian Pinera
- What is the tagline of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)?Zindagi ke Saath bhi, zindagi ke baad bhi
- Where is the headquarter of United Nations located?New York, USA
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification