AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 28 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Where was the second edition of Belt and Road Forum (BRF) for International Cooperation held recently?
1) Budapest, Hungary
2) New Delhi, India
3) Beijing, China
4) Warsaw, Poland
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Beijing, China
The second edition of Belt and Road Forum (BRF) was held in Beijing, China from April 25th to April 27th, 2019 in which 37 heads-of-state had participated along with United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and International Monetary Chief (IMF) Christine Lagarde.The Belt and Road Forum is a part of the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). The idea of BRI was first proposed by Chinese President Xi Jinping in 2013.
- What was the theme of the second edition of Belt and Road Forum (BRF)?
1) Theme – “Belt and Road Cooperation: Shaping a Brighter Shared Future”
2) Theme – “Belt and Road Cooperation: Think equal, build smart, innovate for change”
3) Theme – “Belt and Road Cooperation: Wetlands and Climate Change”
4) Theme – “Belt and Road Cooperation: Circular Economy for Productivity & Sustainability”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme – “Belt and Road Cooperation: Shaping a Brighter Shared Future”
The second edition of Belt and Road Forum (BRF) was held in Beijing, China from April 25th to April 27th, 2019 in which 37 heads-of-state had participated along with United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and International Monetary Chief (IMF) Christine Lagarde. The theme of this event was “Belt and Road Cooperation: Shaping a Brighter Shared Future”.
- Name the Justice, who chairs the Supreme Court bench which has directed the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to disclose information under the Right to Information (RTI) Act recently.
1) Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde
2) Justice Ranjan Gogoi
3) Justice N.V. Ramana
4) Justice L Nageswara Rao
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Justice L Nageswara Rao
Recently, Supreme Court bench headed by Justice L Nageswara Rao has directed the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to disclose information related to its annual inspection report of banks under the Right to Information (RTI) Act until and unless they are exempted under law. The bench has also directed the RBI to review its policy to disclose information relating to banks under RTI. The bench was hearing a contempt petition filed by RTI activists Subhash Chandra Agarwal and Girish Mittal against the Reserve Bank of India.
- Which IT service management company has launched the real-time voice banking platform to provide customers with personalized banking interactions?
1) Aspire Systems
2) Sensiple Software Solutions
3) Financial Software Services (FSS)
4) ExcelaCom Technologies Private Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Financial Software Services (FSS)
On 16th April 2019, Financial Software Services (FSS) has launched FSS Voice Commerce which is a real-time voice banking platform to provide customers with personalized banking interactions. It uses machine-learning language processing techniques for analysis and synthesis of language and speech to deliver the service.This platform interfaces with any retail banking system to provide real-time information of accounts and balances.
- Name the insurance product launched by Canara Bank in association with its life insurance partner, Canara HSBC Oriental Bank to provide various facilities to its customers recently.
3) SBI Exclusif
4) Cyber Insurance
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Webassurance
On 27th April 2019, Canara Bank and its life insurance partner Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance launched ’Webassurance’ to enable its customers to purchase life insurance in a convenient and hassle-free way. Total Four life insurance products of Canara HSBC OBC Life would be made available to its customers with various facilities like key needs of child future, savings, and investments, retirement planning and protection. ii. Through this Webassurance, the bank will be able to service the protection needs of its younger and net-savvy customers.
- Name the credit rating agency, which has released Macro Research report indicating India is set to install 54.7 GW wind capacity by 2022.
1) Fitch Solutions
3) Credit Analysis and Research limited(CARE)
4) Information and Credit Rating Agency(ICRA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Fitch Solutions
According to Fitch Solutions Macro Research report, India is probably going to install 54.7GW of wind capacity by 2022 against the 60 GW target set by the government. This wind capacity installation is a part of India’s ambitious target of installing 175 GW of renewable energy capacity by the year 2022 which includes 100 GW from solar, 60 GW from wind, 10GW from bio-power and 5 GW from small hydro-power.
- What is the custom duty of wheat, which is revised by Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) recently?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 40%
The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) hiked the basic customs duty (BCD) on wheat to 40% from 30%. The objective is to restrict imports so that domestic prices of wheat do not come under pressure as the country’s wheat production in this season might cross 100 million tonnes. Last year in May, the government hiked the basic customs duty on wheat to 30% from 20%.
- Name the product, which is set to be launched by government of India to curb tax evasion.
1) E-GST Portal
2) Electronic invoices (e-invoices)
3) Integrated GST
4) Electronic GST
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Electronic invoices (e-invoices)
On 28th April 2019, the government of India has formed a 13-member committee having representatives from GST Network (GSTN), central and state governments to examine the electronic tax invoice system of various countries like South Korea, Latin America and suggest a model for India.The introduction of electronic invoices (e-invoices) through the Goods and Services Tax (GST) portal which will help the indirect tax system and keep a check on tax evasion.For the e-invoices system, the committee will examine and suggest the target taxpayers and the threshold limit.
- President of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa honoured Jacques Kallis with the Order of Ikhamanga in the Silver Division award 2019 for his exceptional contribution towards __________sport?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Cricket
On 25th April 2019, Former South African cricketer, Jacques Kallis has been honoured with the Order of Ikhamanga in the Silver Division for his contribution to cricket and for putting South Africa on the global sporting map by, Cyril Ramaphosa, President of South Africa during the National Orders ceremony at the Sefako Makgatho Presidential Guest House in Pretoria, South Africa. South Africa v India 2nd Test – Day 4i. The award is given to honour citizens who have made significant contributions to arts, literature, music, journalism, culture and sports.
- Who has been elected as general secretary of the All India Federation of PTI Employees’ Unions (AIFPTIEU)?
1) M S Yadav
2) Vijay Kumar Chopra
3) Viveck Goenka
4) Vineet Jain
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) M S Yadav
On 27th April 2019, M S Yadav has been elected as general secretary of the newly formed, All India Federation of PTI Employees’ Unions (AIFPTIEU) by the 45 elected council members from different centres of PTI (Press Trust of India) during the two days meeting in Lucknow. Key Points: i. In other appointments, Bhuwan Choubey was elected as president, P C Maity was elected as treasurer, Md. Sallimuddin and O J Tomy were elected vice-presidents, M S Hasan and B T Mohan Rao were elected assistant general secretaries.
- Which Intergovernmental Organization has released a report indicating one million world species are at risk of extinction due to human activity?
1) Southeast Asia Treaty Organization
2) European Union
3) North Atlantic Treaty Organization
4) United Nations
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) United Nations
According to a draft United Nations report, which is to be published on 6 May 2019 in Agence France-Presse (AFP), up to one million world species are at risk of extinction due to human activity. The 44-page draft report has summarized 1,800-page U.N. assessment of scientific literature on the state of nature. On 29th April 2019, it will vet in a 130 nations meeting in Paris, France.Causes for mass extinction event: shrinking habitat,land-use change, hunting for food or illicit trade in body parts, climate change, pollution, and alien species such as rats, mosquitoes, and snakes that hitch rides on ships or planes.
- Former President, Negasso Gidada Solon passed away recently, he belongs to which country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ethiopia
On 27th April 2019, Former Ethiopian president Negasso Gidada Solon passed away at the age of 75 in Germany for an unspecified illness. Negasso Gidada.He was born on 8th September 1943 in Dembidolo, Ethiopian Empire.He was the president between 1995 and 2001 and was the first head of state after Ethiopia adopted a new constitution transforming country into a federal state.In 2015, He was elected to parliament as an independent but then joined the opposition three years later.
- Housing and Urban Development Corporation Limited (HUDCO) has celebrated its 49th Foundation Day on ______________?
1) 26th April
2) 24th April
3) 25th April
4) 27th April
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 25th April
On 25th April 2019, the Housing and Urban Development Corporation Limited (HUDCO) has been celebrated its 49th Foundation Day.Dr. M. Ravi Kanth (CMD, HUDCO) has inaugurated the 49th Foundation Day celebrations of HUDCO at HUDCO Bhawan, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.The HUDCO Design Awards for innovative design solutions for disaster resistant housing, conservation of heritage, green buildings and landscape planning & design were also presented on the occasion.
- What was the theme of World Day for Safety and Health at Work (WDSHW) 2019?
1) Theme – “Safety and Health and the Future of Work”
2) Theme – “OSH vulnerability of young workers”
3) Theme – “Optimize the collection and use of OSH data”
4) Theme – “Workplace Stress: A collective challenge”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme – “Safety and Health and the Future of Work”
On 28th April 2019, an International Campaign, the World Day for Safety and Health at Work (WDSHW) was observed by the International Labour Organization (ILO) to promote safe work, and awareness about work-related accidents and diseases. This UN International day provides support to the national efforts for the improvement of national Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) systems and programmes in line with relevant international labour standards. This year, it was observed with a theme “Safety and Health and the Future of Work”.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where was the International Labour Organization(ILO) located?Geneva, Switzerland
- Who is the President of South Africa?Cyril Ramaphosa
- What is the tagline of Canara Bank?Together we can
- What is the Capital and Currency of China?Capital: Beijing & Currency: Renminbi
- Who is the governor of Reserve Bank of India(RBI)Shaktikanta Das