AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 22 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Name the Indian aircraft, which has participated in India-US Anti Submarine Warfare drill that held in Indian Ocean recently.
1) Sukhoi Su-30
3) P8I Neptune
4) HAL Kiran
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) P8I Neptune
Recently, Indian and the US navies conducted joint submarine hunting exercise near Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean in which India’s P8I Neptune Aircraft and US P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft along with the USS Spruance have participated. The objective of this exercise is to lay the groundwork for coordinating maritime patrol and reconnaissance.The Indian P-8I anti submarine aircraft which participated in the exercise is from Naval Air Squadron 312 based at Naval Station Rajali in Arakkonam, Tamil Nadu and US P-8A Poseidon aircraft which participated in the exercise is from Patrol Squadron VP-8 ‘Fighting Tigers’, based in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Which country topped the Index of Cancer Preparedness (ICP) for the year 2019 released by Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Australia
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has released the 2019 Index of Cancer Preparedness (ICP) in which Australia tops the ICP, followed by the Netherlands and Germany. Cancer in 2018 caused 9.6 million deaths worldwide making it the 2nd biggest killer.The title of the report under which ICP has been introduced is “Cancer preparedness around the world: National readiness for a global epidemic.” Top 3 nations: Australia tops the ICP, followed by the Netherlands and Germany. Bottom 3 nations: Saudi Arabia, Romania and Egypt.
- What is the rank of India as per Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)’s 2019 Index of Cancer Preparedness (ICP)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 19
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has released the 2019 Index of Cancer Preparedness (ICP) in which out of 28 countries India is in 19th position from the top. The wide range of data indicates variation of cancer preparedness of countries i.e. methods to treat and prevent cancer. In overall ranking India ranks 19th and has a score of 64.9 out of 100. India ranks 17th in Cancer policy and planning and scored 80.8 out of 100 for this rank. According to the ICP rankings, India ranks 1st for research and 3rd for tobacco control in the list of 28 countries. India ranks 23rd for its national cancer control plan, which is relatively poor.
- To honor which Nobel laureate, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) has created the Chair in Inequality Studies?
1) Kailash Satyarthi
2) Amartya Sen
3) Gregory Winter
4) Paul Romer
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Amartya Sen
On 19th April 2019, To honor the Indian Nobel laureate Amartya Sen, the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) has created the Amartya Sen Chair in Inequality Studies. He was a Professor of Economics at LSE from 1971-82. Amartya Sen.He will also serve as the director of the LSE International Inequalities Institute, focused on studying and challenging some of the most pressing issues. The Institute is a living embodiment of the School’s enduring commitment regarding the improvement of society through research, education and public engagement. He won the Nobel Prize in Economic sciences in 1998 and honoured with Bharat Ratna in 1999.
- Which insurance company has launched a new product “cyber defence insurance”, to protect businesses from financial and reputational losses due to cyber attacks?
1) National Insurance Company Limited
2) United India Insurance
3) Star Health and Allied Insurance
4) SBI General Insurance
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) SBI General Insurance
On 22nd April 2019, SBI General Insurance has launched its new product – cyber defence insurance to protect businesses from financial and reputational losses due to cyber attacks.At first, it will focus on SMEs and mid-market businesses, but later it can cater to larger businesses. This offers protection against the growing threat of cyber breaches like hacking attacks, identity theft, disclosure of sensitive information and business interruption. Also, provides IT forensic investigations, legal advice, reputational and PR management.SBI General Insurance’s (SBIG) Cyber Defense comes with CyRUSS (Cyber Risk Underwriting & Solution Suite) which is a cloud-based tool for Commercial Cyber polices including risk assessment, ongoing risk management, and claim management.
- Name the first product that is launched by the combination of “Health Guard policy” of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance and “iSecure policy”of Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance.
1) Total Health Secure Goal
2) Secure Health
3) Policy on Health Secure
4) Health Secure Guard
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Total Health Secure Goal
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance collaborated with Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance to launch their 1st product titled ‘Total Health Secure Goal’.The product is a combination of 2 existing plans, namely, Health Guard policy by Bajaj Allianz General Insurance and iSecure policy by Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance.This combined plan offers customers a 5% extra discount on the total premium and also provides the flexibility of availing service or communication on the product.The product provides an overall insurance solution and ensures that health and security needs of the customer are taken care of without compromising on their savings.
- Which stock exchange has signed MoU with Network Intelligence to provide cyber security services to its members?
1) OTC Exchange of India
2) India International Exchange
3) National Stock Exchange(NSE)
4) Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), Asia’s first and India’s largest stock exchange and Network Intelligence, a global cybersecurity services provider & CERT-IN empanelled vendor inks Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to provide cybersecurity services to its members according to the cybersecurity framework set by SEBI. Last year, SEBI had released its guidelines on cybersecurity titled “Cybersecurity & cyber Resilience Framework for Stock Brokers/Depository Participants.” BlueScope, a platform developed by Network Intelligence, will offer 24×7 monitoring to the members.
- Ministry of Ayush and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has signed MoU for cooperation in which of the following sector?
1) Research and Education of traditional system of medicines
2) Occupational Safety and Health
3) Road Infrastructure Sector
4) Geology and Mineral Resources
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Research and Education of traditional system of medicines
Ayush Ministry has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi for cooperation in the field of research and education of traditional system of medicines and its integration with modern science. Earlier, CSIR and Ayush Ministry jointly developed the Traditional Knowledge Digital Library (TKDL) which prevents bio-piracy and misappropriation of traditional knowledge.Under the agreement, both CSIR and Ayush Ministry jointly endeavor to proceed in the activities like R&D covering fundamental research; gene expression and Prakriti; exploring modern scientific methods for integration with traditional Indian Systems of Medicine, etc.
- Under which scheme does,Central Government has made compulsory for Electric Vehicle (EV) manufactures in India to locally source at least 50% components for receiving subsidies?
1) Jago Grahak Jago
2) Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
3) FAME I
4) FAME II
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) FAME II
Under the FAME II scheme, the Central Government has made compulsory for Electric Vehicle (EV) manufactures in India to locally source at least 50% components for the provision of receiving subsidies. This step has been taken to encourage local manufacturing and relying less on imports. The conditions under FAME II scheme were decided by the Inter-Ministerial Steering Committee of National Mission for Transformative Mobility headed by Amitabh Kant, (Chief executive Officer) CEO of NITI Aayog.Only the companies that meet the 50% localisation threshold will be eligible for incentives and subsidies under Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME-II) scheme for enhancing electric mobility.
- Which European country has recently elected the Political Neophyte and Comedian Volodymyr Zelensky as its President?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ukraine
In Ukrainian presidential election 2019, Comedian Volodymyr Oleksandrovych Zelensky defeated incumbent Petro Poroshenko of Petro Poroshenko Bloc “Solidarity” party. Mr. Zelensky, 41-year-old, received 73% of the vote. He becomes the sixth president of Ukraine, hailing from the south-eastern city of Kryvyi Rih. His term is expected to begin on 3 June 2019. His election campaign slogan was ‘unify Ukraine’. Neophyte Volodymyr Zelenskyi. Zelensky, a trained lawyer, is best known for his role in the television series ‘Servant of the People’ in which he played a history teacher who becomes president of Ukraine.The election was held between 31st March 2019 and April 21st.
- Who was appointed as the Managing Director of Twitter India?
1) Rajiv Mehrishi
2) Manish Maheshwari
3) Desh Deepak Verma
4) Ajit Doval
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Manish Maheshwari
On 22nd April 2019, Former Network 18 Digital CEO, Manish Maheshwari has been appointed as Managing Director of Twitter India with effect from 29th April 2019. He will succeed Balaji Krish who was serving as the interim head after Taranjeet Singh had stepped down from the same role. Maheshwari will be responsible for managing an integrated business strategy to stimulate Twitter’s audience and revenue growth in the country, overseeing Twitter India’s teams in Mumbai, Delhi, and Bengaluru.He has served various roles at Flipkart, txtWeb, Intuit, McKinsey and P&G.
- Former Chief Election Commissioner of India (ECI) and ex-civil aviation secretary, Nasim Zaidi has resigned from which Indian international airlines?
1) Jet Airways
2) Air India
4) Etihad Airways
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Jet Airways
On 22nd April 2019, Former Chief Election Commissioner of India (ECI), and ex-civil aviation secretary, Nasim Zaidi has resigned from the post of non-executive and non-independent director of Jet Airways with effect from 21st April 2019, due to personal reasons. Last week, Jet Airways temporarily ceased all its operations, and now is under the management control of State Bank of India-led consortium of lenders following a debt-recast plan approved by its board.
- Where was the new species of East Asian birds named ‘Horsfield’s Bronze Cuckoo’ (Chalcites basalis) spotted recently?
1) Tamil Nadu
4) Andaman And Nicobar
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Andaman And Nicobar
A new species of East Asian birds ‘Horsfield’s Bronze Cuckoo’ (Chalcites basalis) have been spotted at Andaman And Nicobar. This species is a native of Australia and New Guinea. According to the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) sighting of these birds have increased ever since the 2004 Indonesian tsunami.They are differentiated by their green and black feathers at their back.The tiny bird measures roughly about 15 cm and weighs 22 g.
- Name the first Italian after 1968, who has won the Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters title that held in France.
1) Fabio Fognini
2) Daniele Bracciali
3) Andreas Seppi
4) Potito Starace
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Fabio Fognini
Italy’s Fabio Fognini clinched Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters after defeating Dusan Lajovic of Serbia by 6-3, 6-4, the first Italian to triumph in more than 15 years. Last time an Italian player Nicola Pietrangeli won the trophy in 1968. This event held every year at the Monte Carlo Country Club in France. Croatia’s Nikola Mektić & Franko Škugor won the Men’s doubles.
- Which team has won the 6th Santosh Trophy Football Tournament title that held in Guru Nanak Stadium, Ludhiana?
1) Assam Football Team
2) Goa Football Team
3) Services Football Team
4) Delhi Football Team
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Services Football Team
With a second-half strike by Bikash Thapa at the Guru Nanak Stadium in Ludhiana, Services won their 6th Santosh Trophy Football Tournament title with a 1-0 victory over Punjab. The Services football team represents the Indian defense services in the Santosh Trophy.Earlier, Punjab beat Goa 2-1 to reach the Santosh Trophy-finals for the 1st time in 8 years.The last time that Services played in the Santosh Trophy final was in 2015, at the same venue and against the same opposition, Punjab. Then they had won the match by 5-4 on penalties after it ended 0-0 post extra time.
- Name the Door Darshan Kendra director who passed away recently.
1) Kalpana Lajmi
2) Raj Kumar Barjatya
3) Nitin Bali
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) KismatSagar
Lucknow Door Darshan Kendra Director Ms.KismatSagar has passed away at the age of 47 during her treatment in a hospital in Mumbai.She was suffering from cancer.She was a 1998 Batch Indian Information Service Officer.She also worked in several media units like DAVP, DFP, PRO Defence in Lucknow under Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- What was the theme of the Earth Day 2019?
1) Theme – ‘Conserve the Earth”
2) Theme – ‘Protecting Our Species’
3) Theme – ‘Go Green to conserve Earth’
4) Theme – ‘Protect Our Earth’
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Theme – ‘Protecting Our Species’
Initiated on April 22, 1970, by US Senator Gaylord Nelson, the Earth day is observed annually to support environmental protection. The theme for 2019 was Protecting Our Species, which are on the verge of extinction. The objective of Earth Day is to share responsibilities among people of this world and set agenda for peaceful coexistence with nature.As a part of celebrations, in India, the Lalbagh arm of the Rotary Club in Bengaluru has launched a 45-day long festival titled ‘Avani’ to mark the beginning of World Earth Day till June 5, which is celebrated as World Environment Day.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the MD & CEO of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)?Ashish Kumar Chauhan
- What is the Capital and Currency of Ukraine?Capital: Kyiv & Currency: Ukrainian hryvnia
- Who is the Chief Minister of Tripura?Biplab Kumar Deb
- Guru Nanak Stadium is located in which state?Punjab(Ludhiana)
- Who is the Director General of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)?Shekhar C. Mande