AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 21 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which country topped in the global startup ecosystem for the year 2018, as per the report “Startup Ecosystem Ranking 2019” released by StartupBlink?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) US
The United States, United Kingdom, and Canada are the top three countries ranked the first, second and third respectively in terms of global rankings. This ranking was based on the strength of its startup ecosystem. Total 3800 new startups were launched in India during 2018 and Overall, Indian startups received $11 bn of funding through 743 deals in 2018 according to Inc42 DataLabs.
- Name the special counsel, who has submitted a report on the “Investigation into Russian Interference in the 2016 presidential election”.
1) Rod Rosenstein
2) Robert Mueller
3) William Barr
4) Chuck Schumer
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Robert Mueller
The Attorney General William Barr of US has released 448 pages redacted version of Robert Mueller’s “Report on the Investigation Into Russian Interference in the 2016 Election” which claims that the special counsel found no evidence of Russian meddling in US election in 2016. A special counsel Robert Mueller was appointed to investigate the Russian interference in the 2016 US election.
- What is the rank of India as per the “Startup Ecosystem Ranking 2019” released by StartupBlink?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 17th
On 20th April 2019, India ranked at 17th position among 100 countries in 2018, from the 37th spot in 2017 in the Startup Ecosystem Ranking for 2019 as per the data released by StartupBlink. Bengaluru, New Delhi, and Mumbai are the cities with the most vibrant startup ecosystems in India. Bengaluru ranked the top startup city in India at 11th spot, while New Delhi followed it at 18th spot and Mumbai at 29th rank.
- Which entity has projected, India’s business sentiments declined by 7.7% for 2nd quarter in 2019 in its report titled “Composite Business Optimism Index”?
1) Dun & Bradstreet (D&B)
2) National Stock Exchange of India
3) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
4) India ratings and research
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dun & Bradstreet (D&B)
According to Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) report, business sentiments on the country’s financial and macroeconomic conditions continue to decline in the second quarter of 2019 as compared to the second quarter in 2018. D&B Composite Business Optimism Index conclude 78.4 scores during Q2 2019 as compared to 85.0 during Q2 2018, a decline of 7.7%.
- Name the Indian-American Professor, who was inducted into 2019 Cleveland International Hall of Fame for his contribution towards applications in systems biology, global issues and sustainable development.
1) Akram Boutros
2) Sree N Sreenath
3) Richard Fleischman
4) Marilyn Madigan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sree N Sreenath
Prof. Sree N Sreenath, President of Sewa International since 2009, has been inducted into the 10th class of Cleveland Hall of Fame along with five other inductees – Paul Burick, Ingrida Bublys, Dr. Akram Boutros, Richard Fleischman and Marilyn Madigan from over 100 nominations.Sreenath, Faculty at Case Western Reserve University, inducted into the Hall of Fame for his contributions in applications in systems biology, global issues and sustainable development on April 16th by Ramesh Shah of the Association of Indian Physicians of Northern Ohio.
- Which university’s Intellectual Property Rights cell (IPR cell) has been selected for the National Intellectual Property Award 2019 for its contributions in Geographical Indications and promotion of registered GI?
1) Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi
2) National University of Educational Planning and Administration
3) Indian Agricultural Research Institute
4) Kerala Agricultural University (KAU)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kerala Agricultural University (KAU)
On 19th April 2019, The Intellectual Property Rights cell (IPR cell) of Kerala Agricultural University (KAU) has been selected for the National Intellectual Property Award 2019 for its contributions in best facilitation for registration of Geographical Indications and promotion of registered GI in the country.This award comprising prize money of Rs 1 lakh and will be presented in a function to be held in New Delhi on 26th April, World Intellectual Property Day 2019.The award was constituted by the Indian Intellectual Property Office under the central ministry of industry and commerce to confer the persons and organizations working in the field of patents, trademarks and Geographical Indications (GI).
- Name the Malayalam film, that won the best cinematography award at Beijing International Film Festival.
2) Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum
3) Bhayanakam (Fear)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bhayanakam (Fear)
On 20th April 2019, Malayalam film Bhayanakam (Fear) which was directed by Jayaraj won the best cinematography award at the Beijing International Film Festival and had also won the best cinematography award at the 65th National Film Awards.Nikhil S Praveen did the cinematography. The film portrayed the visits of the First World War veteran to a small village in the backwaters of Kerala’s Kuttanad as a postman during the World War-II.
- Who was appointed as the Exclusive Corporate Ambassador to the Indian Business Community of Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ)?
1) Ravi Shastri
2) Suru Nayak
3) Arun Lal
4) Manoj Prabhakar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ravi Shastri
Head Coach of the India National Cricket Team, former Indian Cricketer and TV commentator, Ravi Shastri, also known as “Champion of Champions” was appointed as Exclusive Corporate Ambassador to the Indian Business Community of Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ) in Dubai. RAKEZ in UAE is one of the leading hubs for businesses operating in commercial, service & consultancy field that uniquely offers customizable solutions to free zone and non-free zone businesses with Ramy Jallad as the CEO of RAKEZ Group.
- Who was recommended for the Vir Chakra medal by Indian Air Force recently?
1) Birender Singh Dhanoa
2) Abhinandan Varthaman
3) Anil Khosla
4) Pradeep Padmakar Bapat
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Abhinandan Varthaman
India Air Force has recommended Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman for the Vir Chakra medal for shooting down an F-16 in an aerial engagement with the Pakistan Air Force on February 27. In the past, during wars, pilots who shot down enemy fighters were all given Vir Chakra medals. The Vir Chakra is the third highest gallantry award in the military during times of war after the Param Vir Chakra and the Mahavir Chakra. This comes even as the IAF fighter pilot was issued transfer orders out of Srinagar to another base in the western sector along the Pakistan border.
- Name the combined immune deficiency disorder which is cured by gene therapy developed by HIV(Human Immunodeficiency Virus).
2) Inflammatory bowel disease
3) Multiple sclerosis
4) Bubble boy
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bubble boy
US researchers have used HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) to develop a gene therapy that cured 8 infants who were treated at St. Jude and at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, San Francisco of a rare combined immunodeficiency disease termed as “bubble boy” disorder.Results of the research were developed at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee hospital and were published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- 3-time world athletics champion and 2008 Olympic champion ‘Asbel Kiprop’ was banned recently,he belongs to which country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kenya
The International Association of Athletics Federation Disciplinary Tribunal (IAAF) has banned the 2008 Olympic 1,500m champion and 3-time world champion Asbel Kiprop of Kenya for 4 years for doping until February 2022.Kiprop was suspended by IAAF’s Athletes Integrity Unit (AIU) in May 2018 after having tested positive to blood-boosting Erythropoietin (EPO) in an out-of-competition test in Kenya in November 2017. His backup “B” sample also tested positive for EPO.Asbel Kiprop was awarded gold medal in the 2008 Beijing Olympics after race winner Rashid Ramzi from Bahrain failed a doping test and had his medal taken off.
- What is the name of the new novel written by the booker prize winning author, Salman Rushdie inspired by Spanish classic Don Quixote that is set to release in August 2019?
3) Lincoln in the Bardo
4) The Sellout
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Quichotte
The British Indian novelist Salman Rushdie’s new novel “Quichotte” will be released in August 2019. This will be the 14th book of the Booker prize-winning author and will be published at Jonathan Cape in the UK on 29 August 2019. The book Quichotte is inspired by Miguel de Cervantes’ classic novel Don Quixote, and tells the story of an ageing travelling salesman who falls in love with a TV star and sets off to drive across America on a quest to prove himself worthy of her hand.
- Name the deceased Bengali folk singer, who won Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, West Bengal State Academy of Dance, Music and Visual Arts and Lalan Puraskar for folk music.
1) Bhima Mandavi
2) Amar Paul
3) Kalikaprasad Bhattacharya
4) Nand Lal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Amar Paul
Amar Paul, an eminent Bengali folk singer passed away due to cardiac arrest in SSKM Hospital at Kolkata, West Bengal at the age of 97. Singer Amar paul.He was born on May 19, 1922, at Brahmanbaria, presently in Bangladesh. In his childhood, he had taken music lessons from his mother Durgasundari Paul and later he learned folk music from Suren Chakraborty and Mani Chakraborty and classical music from Ayat Ali Khan.In the early 1950s, he joined All India Radio as a folk singer and also lent his voice to the number of films including Satyajit Ray’s famous movie “Hirak Rajar Deshe” which brought him instant fame. He was awarded by Sangeet Natak Akademi Award for his contribution to the folk music of West Bengal. He honored with numerous other awards including West Bengal State Academy of Dance, Music and Visual Arts, and Lalan Puraskar for folk music.
- National Civil Service Day 2019 is observed annually on ____________?
1) 21st April
2) 20th April
3) 19th April
4) 18th April
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 21st April
National Civil Service Day is observed every year on April 21. The function was organized by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances and Pensions during which PM gave “Prime Minister Award for Excellence in Public Administration” to best civil servants. The first time this award was given in 2006 at the function in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. Since then, we celebrate National Civil Service Day every year on April 21. April 21 is observed as a National Civil Service Day every year because on the same date in 1947, Home Minister Sardar Patel inaugurated the All India Services and addressed the first batch of probationary officers at All India Administrative Service Training School at Metcalfe House, New Delhi and called bureaucrats as the “steel-frame of India”.
- In which year, does the United Nations (UN) recognized 21st April as World Creativity and Innovation Day?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 2017
On 21st April 2019, the World Creativity and Innovation Day was observed to encourage people to use creativity in problem-solving for all issues related to achieving the 2015 Sustainable Development Goals.On 27th April 2017, the United Nations (UN) recognized 21st April as an official World Creativity and Innovation Day and 2018 marks the first year the UN was observed WCID.The day was first commemorated in over 50 countries around the world on 21st April 2002. In 2006, this day became a week starting from 15th April, which is Leonardo Davinci’s birthday; an icon of cross-disciplinary creativity in the arts and sciences.
- When was the Secretary’s day or Admin Day observed?
1) 20th April
2) 21st April
3) 19th April
4) 18th April
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 21st April
On 21st April 2019, Secretary’s day or Admin Day was observed across India through community events and social gatherings to recognize the work of secretaries, receptionists, administrative assistants, and other administrative support professionals. The day of its observance varies to countries.In the United States, it is celebrated annually on the Wednesday of the last full week of April (April 22 – 26, 2019).First National secretaries week celebrated on June 1 to 7 in 1952 and first Admin day is observed on June 4, 1952, which is sponsored by National Secretaries Association.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Thiruvathirakali is a dance form of which state?Kerala
- What is the Capital and Currency of US?Capital: Washington D.C & Currency: US Dollar
- Ballabhpur Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state?West Bengal
- Who is the Chairman of Sewa International?Ramesh Mehta
- When was Chandigarh formed?1 November 1966