AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 20 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which of the following is not among the states that have joined in a pan-India network of single emergency helpline number ‘112’, which is implemented under Nirbhaya Fund?
1) Madhya Pradesh
3) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Arunachal Pradesh
On 19th April 2019,To get immediate assistance to the people who are in trouble, Union territories and Twenty states have joined in a pan-India network of single emergency helpline number ‘112’,which is implemented by central government’s Nirbhaya Fund( 2012 Delhi gangrape case). Kerala, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh,Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, Nagaland, Gujarat,Telangana,Lakshadweep,Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu,Jammu and Kashmir are the joined states ad UTs.
- Name the Metro rail corporation(MRC),which has implemented a new initiative to become the world’s first fully solar-powered metro.
1) Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
2) Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
3) Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC)
4) Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on Thursday started receiving solar power from Madhya Pradesh’s Rewa Solar Power Project, kick-starting an initiative to be the world’s first 100% green energy rail network. DMRC received 27 megawatts (MW) power from the MP-based project and will gradually increase it to 99 MW. “The power received from Rewa will be utilised for the operational as well as auxiliary requirement of Delhi Metro. Till now, the solar power generated by the roof top plants installed in DMRC premises were utilised for the auxiliary requirements such as lighting and air conditioning of stations and depots
- Saudi Arabia increases Haj Quota of Indian Pilgrims to ___________ lakh ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Two
On 19th April 2019, India’s Haj Quota has been increased by about 25,000, raising the number to 2 lakh from 1.75 lakh by Saudi Arabia.Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman gave the assurance to Prime Minister Narendra Modi at a meeting in February.This will help the huge number of pilgrim of Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, and Bihar to embark pilgrimage this year. Also, total 2,340 Muslim women from India will go for Haj without ‘Mehram’ or male companion.This year, the GST on Haj pilgrimage has been reduced from 18 percent to 5 percent which will ensure that about Rs 113 crore will be saved by pilgrims during the 2019 Haj.
- How much percent of life insurer’s premium income was grown for the year 2019, as per Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 11%
According to the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) data, after a very low growth phase, life and non-life premium income of insurance companies have registered substantial growth in financial year 2019. Life insurer’s premium income grew 11% in FY19 over 2018 and non-life insurance firms witnessed a 13% rise in their total premium income to Rs 1.70 lakh crore in the financial year ended March 2019. 25 are general insurers: whose collective gross premium in 2018-19 was Rs 1.50 lakh crore, up by around 13% from Rs 1.33 lakh crore in 2018. 7 are standalone private sector insurers: they had a rise of 37% in their combined premium to Rs 11,368.82 crore in the financial year ended March 2019, against Rs 8,314.27 crore in 2018. 2 are government-owned specialised insurers: among them, Agricultural Insurance Company of India and ECGC Ltd registered a dip of 7.75% in premium at Rs 8,425.75 crore during the fiscal ended March 2019, as against Rs 9,133.78 crore in 2018.
- Which Payment Bank has joined hands with Bharti AXA General Insurance for a two-wheeler insurance product ?
1) Paytm Payments Bank
2) Airtel Payments Bank
3) India Post Payments Bank
4) Aditya Birla Payments Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Airtel Payments Bank
On 19th April 2019, Airtel Payments Bank joined hands with Bharti AXA General Insurance for a two-wheeler insurance product offering which is available on MyAirtel App and at over 40,000 Airtel Payments Bank points across India. This offers various benefits like 70 percent savings on an annual premium, personal accident cover, protection against third-party liabilities and inspection-free renewal through a paperless process. Also, Customers can avail towing services at no extra cost on claim intimation, at the time of insured vehicle breaks down. Customers without an Airtel Payments Bank account can also avail this policy and can renew their two-wheeler insurance at Airtel Payments Bank banking point.
- Name the General Insurance company, which has received preliminary approval and R1 approval from regulator IRDAI to foray into non-life business.
1) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
2) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
3) Indiabulls General Insurance
4) Bharti AXA General Insurance
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Indiabulls General Insurance
On 17th April 2019, Indiabulls General Insurance has receivedR1 approval to its proposed general insurance businessand preliminary to approval foray into the non-life businessfrom the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) respectively.Another subsidiary Indiabulls Life Insurance Company had obtained R1 approval from IRDAI in January 2019.
- Which department has proposed change in the methodology for taxing multinational companies, including digital firms?
1) Income tax department
2) Department of Information Technology
3) Department of Consumer Affairs
4) Department of Revenue
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Income tax department
The income tax department has altered the method for taxing multinational companies (MNCs) and digital firms with permanent establishment in India by taking into account various factors like domestic sales, employee (manpower and wages) strength, assets and user base. In ‘Profit Attribution to Permanent Establishment (PE) in India’ report, the CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes) Committee stated that MNCs that are suffering global losses or a global profit margin of less than 2% and have their operations in India will be considered to have made a profit of 2% of Indian revenue and will be taxed accordingly.The committee has altered the system to protect India’s revenue interests.The CBDT invited comments from stakeholders on the report within 30 days.
- Under which act, does CRISIL has transferred its Rating business to its subsidiary?1) Section 240 to 242 of the Companies Act, 2013
2) Section 210 to 212 of the Companies Act, 2013
3) Section 220 to 222 of the Companies Act, 2013
4) Section 230 to 232 of the Companies Act, 2013
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Section 230 to 232 of the Companies Act, 2013
On 17th April 2019, a diversified global analytics company,will transfer its ratings business to its proposed new wholly owned subsidiary.In 2018,SEBI had modified its regulations for credit rating agencies and mandated the segregation of rating and non-ratings businesses of credit-rating agencies.CRISIL makes the transfer of rating business through the scheme of arrangement in terms of section 230 to 232 of the Companies Act, 2013, to be approved by the stock exchanges and the national Company Law Tribunal.
- Where was the Asian Tea Alliance(ATA), a union of five tea-growing and consuming countries launched?
1) Jakarta, Indonesia
2) Guizhou, China
3) New Delhi, India
4) Tokyo, Japan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Guizhou, China
On 19th April 2019, To boost tea trade,cultural and technical exchanges as well as global promotion of tea,the Asian Tea Alliance (ATA),a union of five tea-growing and consuming countries,was opened in Guizhou,China.The alliance was constituted with Indian Tea Association,Indonesian tea Marketing Association,China tea marketing Association,Sri Lanka Tea Board and Japan tea Association.This Alliance was formed based on the Memorandum of Understanding signed between Indian tea Association and China tea Marketing Association in December 2018 to promote tea consumption in India, China, U.S., Russia, Europe and West Asia.
- Who was honoured with ‘Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant Award’ for writing ‘Samvidhan Kavya’, a poetic version of the Indian Constitution?
1) Lal Bahadur Sastri
3) Sunil Kumar Gautam
4) Kailash Nath Katju
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sunil Kumar Gautam
Sunil Kumar Gautam, Special Commissioner of Police (Operations) was honoured with ‘Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant Award‘ for 2018-19 by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) under the Ministry of Home Affairs, for his book titled ‘Samvidhan Kavya‘. The book was originally been written in Hindi language. There are total 238 couplets which explains the lengthiest Constitution of the world, the Indian Constitution in a very simple and poetic form. It took the officer 6 months to write the book and also mentions all the articles of the Constitution. 4 other Indian police officers who have also written books have been rewarded.‘Samvidhan Kavya’ was released by Dr Kiran Bedi, Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry on 5th October, 2016 in Puducherry.
- Which entity has became India’s first retail company to cross Rs.1 lakh crore annual revenue milestones?
1) Reliance Retail
2) Future Group
3) Aditya Birla Retail
4) Avenue Supermarts Ltd
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Reliance Retail
On 19th April 2019, the retail arm of the Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries became India’s first retail company to cross the Rs.1 lakh crore annual revenue.The revenue for 2018-19 is Rs. 1.3 lakh crore, which is 89% more from the previous fiscal.The company added 2,829 stores during the financial year, taking the total to 10,415 stores and the profit of pre-tax business jumped 77.1 percent to record Rs 1,923 crore.
- Name the NASA astronaut, who is set to create record for longest spaceflight by a woman by spending 328 days in space after surpassing Peggy Whitson’s record.
1) Ellen Ochoa
2) Christina Koch
3) Anna Lee Fisher
4) Mary L. Cleave
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Christina Koch
NASA astronaut Christina Koch is set to spend the longest duration in space by a woman, surpassing the previous record of 288 days in spaceflight by astronaut Peggy Whitson. The move comes after recent changes in NASA’s change in schedule for astronomers. Koch, on behalf of NASA, will help determine the effects of long duration spaceflight on the human body, i.e., missions which extend beyond six months. This will seemingly help expand the science of astronomy beyond present standards, and help us prepare for long duration, manned space missions to the moon, Mars and beyond.
- Who was appointed as the chief executive officer of Deutsche Bank for India Operations?
1) Garth Ritchie
2) Christian Sewing
3) Ravneet Gill
4) Kaushik Shaparia
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kaushik Shaparia
On 18th April 2019, Kaushik Shaparia has been appointed as chief executive officer of Deutsche Bank as India’s head with effect from May 2019. He will succeed Ravneet Gill who is the MD & CEO of YES BANK. He has an experience as head of Asia Pacific Corp¬orate Banking Coverage within Institu¬tio¬nal and Treasury Coverage, Global Head of subsidiary Coverage and has a 30-year experience at Deutsche bank.Now he took over the position from Khurshed Dordi, as Chief Operating Officer for India, who was serving as Deutsche Bank’s interim Chief Country Officer after Ravneet Gill’s exit.
- Which entity has appointed Ravinder Kumar Passi as Chairman?
1) India Trade Promotion Organisation
2) Export Promotion Council for Handicraft (EPCH)
3) Federation of Indian Export Organisations
4) UK Trade & Investment
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Export Promotion Council for Handicraft (EPCH)
Recently, Export Promotion Council for Handicraft (EPCH) board has elevated Ravinder Kumar Passi (previously a vice chairman of EPCH), to the post of Chairman of EPCH. He will take charge for the post of Chairman shortly from his predecessor O P Prahladka.Ravinder Kumar Passi had served EPCH in various important position including the post of chairman during 2001-2002. He has been a part of EPCH since its establishment in 1986-87.
- Who has been inducted to board of directors in Paytm Payments Bank?
1) Vaibhav Goel
3) Sairee Chahal
4) Ashit Ranjit Lilani
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sairee Chahal
Sairee Chahal having extensive experience of customer service ecosystem has been appointed to Board of Directors in Paytm Payments Bank (PPB). Sairee Chahali. Sairee Chahal is the founder and CEO of Sheroes which is a community platform for women.PPB was incorporated in August 2016 and formally began its operations in 2017.The founder of Paytm, Vijay Shekhar Sharma holds 51% stake in PPB and One97 Communications holds the rest of the stakes.
- Name the person, who was appointed as the general secretary of Judo Union, Asian governing body.
1) Mukesh Kumar
2) Obaid Al-Anzi
3) Obaid Alenezi
4) Mohammed Bin Thaloub
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Mukesh Kumar
Mukesh Kumar, chief of former Judo Federation of India was re-elected as general secretary of Judo Union, the Asian governing body, at its ordinary congress at Fujairah, UAE.Mukesh Kumar is also the Chairman of the Technical Conduct Committee of the 36th National Games that is allotted to Goa.The present President of Judo Federation of India, Partap Singh Bajwa was elected as Vice President of Judo Union of Asia and as president of South Asia Judo Federation.
- Which rocket launched the Cygnus Cargo Ship to International Space Station from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia?
4) Antares Rocket
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Antares Rocket
The Northrop Grumman Antares rocket and its unscrewed Cygnus Spacecraft launched which contains tons of NASA’s supplies and 40 live mice to the International Space Station (ISS), from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spacecraft at NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility on Wallops Island in Virginia. The first stage of rocket was developed by the Ukrainian Yuzhnoye State Design Office. The mission named NG-11, is the 11th cargo flight for NASA by Northrop Grumman, to deliver 7600 lbs. (3,447 kg), the heaviest load for Cygnus till date which contains science gear and supplies to the sex person crew of the ISS. This mission will be the Northrop Grumman’s longest one till date.
- Name the indigenously designed and constructed guided missile destroyer launched by Navy chief Admiral Sunil Lamba recently.
1) INS Chennai
2) INS Imphal
3) INS Kochi
4) INS Kolkata
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) INS Imphal
Indigenously designed and constructed third ship under Project 15B, ‘INS Imphal’ a guided missile destroyer launched by Navy Chief at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) in Mumbai. This ship is designed by the Indian Navy’s Directorate of Naval Designs, New Delhi. INS Imphal.Each ship weight 3,037 tonnes, spans 163 metres in length, 17.4 metres at beam and can displace 7,300 tonnes. The ships will be propelled by four gas turbines which can achieve speed of more than 30 knots.The guided missile destroyer has incorporated several modern concept of new design which helped in improved survivability, see keeping, stealth and manoeuvrability. The ships use radar transparent deck fittings due to which enemy can’t detect this ship easily.
- Which Indian accident was inducted into the International Labour Organisation (ILO) report titled “The Safety and the Health at the Heart of the Future of Work- Building on 100 years of Experience”?
1) Bhopal Gas Tragedy
2) Floods in Tamil Nadu
3) Heatwaves in AndhraPradesh
4) Bihar Nor’wester Storm
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bhopal Gas Tragedy
UN labour agency International Labour Organisation (ILO) in its recent report titled “The Safety and the Health at the Heart of the Future of Work- Building on 100 years of Experience” termed Bhopal Gas Tragedy as one of the world’s ‘major industrial accident’ which killed more than 15,000 people due to the result of at least 30 tons of highly toxic Methyl Isocyanate (MIC) gas leak in Union Carbide pesticide plant in Bhopal in 1984. In the report, ILO has reported that more than 600,000 workers were affected due to leak of toxic gas from Union Carbide plant.Other major industrial accident after 1919 which ILO talked about in its report is Chernobyl nuclear disaster of Ukraine in 1986, Fukushima nuclear disasters of Japan in 2011 and Rana Plaza building collapse of Bangladesh in 2013.
- Name the deceased paranormal investigator who is well known for horror movies like ‘Amityville Horror’ and ‘Conjuring’.
1) George Estabrooks
2) Joseph Banks Rhine
3) William Seabrook
4) Lorraine Warren
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Lorraine Warren
One of the most well known paranormal investigator, Lorraine Warren who investigated haunted houses and other manifestation of paranormal activities throughout her life with her late husband Ed. Warren, died in her home at Monroe, Connecticut at the age of 92.Both wife and husband Lorraine Warren and late Ed. Warren founded the New England Society at Monroe, Connecticut in 1952 to investigate haunting cases.Famous horror movies like ‘Amityville Horror’ and ‘Conjuring’ were inspired by her work.
- Bangladesh observed Mujibnagar day annually on __________?
1) 19th April
2) 18th April
3) 17th April
4) 20th April
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 17th April
On 17 th April 2019, Bangladesh celebrated Mujeebnagar Day in memory of the provisional government formation in Meherpur in 1971 as a tributes toBangabandhu Sheikh MujiburRahman, Father of the Nation, at the Bangabandhu Memorial Museum, in Dhanmondi, Dhaka.Bangabandhu became the President , Syed Nazrulislam as acting president and Tajuddin Ahmed as the Prime minister, Mujibnagar government was formed on this day in Meherpur’sBaidyanathtala, later renamed as Mujibnagar.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the head quarter of International Labour Organisation (ILO)located?Geneva, Switzerland
- What is the Capital and Currency of China?Capital: Beijing & Currency: Renminbi
- Who is the Chairperson of Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI)Ajay Tyagi
- Who is Chief Election Commissioner of India?Sunil Arora
- Who is the founder of Indiabulls?Sameer Gehlaut