AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 2 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which country’s Navy department has signed first reliable communication link with the Indian Navy and Pacific Naval Commands under the COMCASA pact?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) US
India and the US have structured the first reliable communication link between the Indian Navy & US Central as well as Pacific Naval Commands under the COMCASA pact at New Delhi,India. i. The Indo-US military-information sharing pact, COMCASA was signed at the 2+2 bilateral summit on 6th September, 2018. ii. By implementing the path-breaking agreement, COMCASA the US has initiated the Selective Availability Anti-Spoofing Module GPS System in some of C-130 and C-17 transport aircraft. iii. US has given assurance of not disclosing India’s data with another country and without prior permission US couldn’t access it.
- COMCASA agreement was recently in news,what is the full form of COMCASA?
1) Complementation, Communications and Security Agreement
2) Communications, Compatibility and Security Agreement
3) Compatibility, Communications and Security Agreement
4) Communications, Compressibility and Security Agreement
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Communications, Compatibility and Security Agreement
COMCASA (Communications, Compatibility and Security Agreement).Indo-US military-information sharing pact, COMCASA was signed at the 2+2 bilateral summit on 6th September, 2018. ii. By implementing the path-breaking agreement, COMCASA the US has initiated the Selective Availability Anti-Spoofing Module GPS System in some of C-130 and C-17 transport aircraft. India will gain access to the US Naval intelligence other than just regulating joint operations in the future.It will further aid the militaries to work in a conducive and ‘interoperable’ environment, without which previously India had to rely on less secure systems.Pact will Help in building an “interoperable” enviroment for militaries of both nations.
- Who is the head of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Tribunal,which is constituted to review a ban imposed on Jamaat-e-Islami & JKLF?
1) Justice Chander Shekhar
2) U.K. Sinha
3) Amitabh Kant
4) Bimal Jalan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Justice Chander Shekhar
The Ministry of Home Affairs has constituted Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Tribunal, to determine the sufficient cause to ban Jamaat-e-Islami, and Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) faction. It will be headed by Justice Chander Shekhar of the Delhi High Court.The tribunal has been formed by Government after exercising its powers conferred by the sub-section (1) of section 5 of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967.In last two months, Jel and JKLF were declared as unlawful associations by Centre. These are active in Jammu & Kashmir.The JKLF is led by Yasin Malik while JeI is led by Jalaluddin Umri.
- Name the third edition of bilateral maritime exercise between Australia and India that held in Visakhapatnam.
1) VAJRA PRAHAR
2) COBRA GOLD
3) AUSINDEX 19
4) AUSIND 19
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) AUSINDEX 19
The Third edition of India-Australia bilateral exercise, AUSINDEX 19 will be held from 2nd April to 16th April 2019 at Vishakhapatnam. The bilateral exercise will deepen defence and strategic relationship between the two countries.The Focus of the exercise will be on anti-Submarine warfare.More than 1000 Australian defence personnel from Navy, Army and Air Force will visit India making this the largest defence force deployment of Australia in India.Australian Navy ships HMAS Success and HMAS Parramatta arrived in Chennai on 28th March and these ships will participate in military exercise with Indian Navy in Vishakhapatnam.
- What is the name of new imperial era of Japan that succeed the “Heisei” era (1989-2019)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Reiwa
Following the 1400 years old tradition, Japan’s government has unveiled an New Imperial Era named “Reiwa” or “pursuing harmony” for soon-to-be Emperor Naruhito. The new era to begin on May 1 will succeed the “Heisei” era (1989-2019) of Emperor Akihito. The term for the new era consists two characters Rei and Wa. Rei means “commands” or “order” and Wa means “auspicious” or “good”.The names change occurs when a new emperor takes the throne.There have been four eras in Japan’s modern history viz. Meiji era (1868-1912), Taisho era (1912-1926), Heisei era (1989-2019) and now Reiwa era. The Emperor of Japan is the head of the Imperial Family and the head of state of Japan. Presently, the Emperor of Japan is the only head of state in the world with the English title of “Emperor”.
- Reserve Bank of India celebrates its _______ Foundation Day on April 1,2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 84th
Reserve Bank of India celebrates its 84th Foundation Day on April1,2019.RBI is India’s central banking institution, which controls the issuance and supply of the Indian rupee. It commenced its operations on 1 April 1935 in accordance with the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.Until the Monetary Policy Committee was established in 2016, it also controlled monetary policy in India. Initially, RBI’s headquarters was in Calcutta. It was moved to Mumbai in the year 1937. RBI controls the issuance and supply of the Indian rupee.The original share capital was divided into shares of 100 each fully paid, which were initially owned entirely by private shareholders.Following India’s independence on 15 August 1947, the RBI was nationalised on 1 January 1949.
- BNP Paribas Cardif has sold 5 crore shares of which life insurance company for Rs 2,889 crore?
1) Max Life Insurance
2) SBI Life Insurance
3) Bharti AXA General Insurance
4) HDFC Life
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) SBI Life Insurance
The foreign partner of SBI Life Insurance, BNP Paribas Cardif has sold 5 crore shares of the company for Rs 2,889 crore to increase its public shareholding to 25% of its paid-up equity share capital on or before October 2, 2020. This sale has not undertaken as per the methods prescribed by SEBI for achieving the minimum public shareholding (MPS) Threshold.The average price of equity share during the sale was Rs 577.93 per equity share.On the other hand, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board has bought 2 crore shares at an average price of Rs 577.50 per shares.Both transactions were carried out as bulk deal from one investor to another.
- Which state’s Kandhamal Haldi (turmeric) received Geographical Indications (GI) tag recently?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Odisha
Kandhamal Haldi (turmeric), Odisha’s locally grown turmeric in its Kandhamal district has received the Geographical Indications (GI) tag from Intellectual Property India. It is organically grown by tribals. In 2018, Kandhamal Apex Spices Asso ciation for Marketing (KASAM) in Phulbani, had applied for registration of the Kandhamal turmeric. It was accepted under sub-section (1) of Section 13 of the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999.
- Name the vice president of Google India and South East Asia,who resigned recently and joined Sequoia Capital India.
1) Robert Ernest Andreatta
2) Hari Raju Mahadevu
3) Rajan Anandan
4) Laura Gandy
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rajan Anandan
Vice president for Google India and South East Asia, Rajan Anandan is quitting from the company after an 8 year stint. He was responsible for driving growth at Google India. He will stay until the end of this month.He will join Silicon Valley’s marquee venture fund Sequoia Capital,where he will serve as an investment advisor and mentor to Surge founders.In 2018, he was conferred with “IMPACT Person of the Year award in 2018” for starting initiatives like everal initiatives including “Navlekha” and “Internet Saathi”.Vikas Agnihotri, who is currently Google’s country director for sales, will take on the interim responsibility until the company finds a new managing director.Surge is a scale-up programme for startups in India and South East Asia.
- Where did 12th Asian Airgun Championship held recently?
3) Chiang Mai,Thailand
4) Taoyuan City, Chinese Taipei
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Taoyuan City, Chinese Taipei
From 25th March to 2nd April 2019,12th Asian Airgun Championship 10m, Rifle/Pistol took place at the National Sports Training Center, Gongxi Shooting Range in Taoyuan City, Chinese Taipei. India topped the medal tally by winning 25 medals viz, 16 gold, 5 silver and 4 bronze medals. Republic of Korea followed the India by winning 16 medals while Chinese Taipei won 11 medals and attained 3rd spot.
- Name the Rifle Shooter,who won gold medal, broke Junior World Record and Asian Record in 10m Air Rifle Women Junior event.
1) Manu Bhaker
2) Shreya Agarwal
3) Mehuli Ghosh
4) Esha Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Shreya Agarwal
In 12th Asian Airgun Championship, Shreya Agarwal won gold medal and breaks Junior World Record and Asian Record in 10m Air Rifle Women Junior event by scoring 252.5 points surpassing China’s Rooseux Zhao who set record last year by scoring 252.4.
- Which country won the ICC Test Championship mace for the third year in a row?
2) New Zealand
3) South Africa
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) India
India has retained ICC Test Championship mace for the third year in a row after finishing at the top of ICC Test team rankings on the cut-off date of April 1. It has also won the purse of USD 1 million. The runner up, New Zealand has won $500,000 prize money after finishing with 108 points.South Africa finished 3rd with 105 points to clinch the award money of $200,000.9 nations will compete across 27 series and 71 Test matches to reach the ICC World Test Championship Final in 2021.
- Name the Director,Screenwriter and actor passed away at the age of 79 in TamilNadu recently.
1) CV Rajendran
2) K Subaash
4) C Sivakumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) J.Mahendran
On 2nd April 2019, Famous Tamil Director, Screenwriter and actor, J. Mahendran passed away following a brief hospitalization at the age of 79.Mahendran was born on 25th July 1939 in Ilaiyangudi, Madurai. His memorable work includes Mullum Malarum, Johnny and Nenjathai Killadhey.His movie Mullum Malarum (1978) was conferred with Filmfare Award for Best Film.
- Who is the author of the book “Saffron Swords: Centuries of Indic Resistance to Invaders”?
1) Vladimir Nabokov
2) Ray Bradbury
3) Aabhas Maldahiyar
4) Manoshi Sinha Rawal
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Manoshi Sinha Rawal
The Indian Publishing company, Garuda Prakashan Private Limited, launched its two books “#Modi Again” and “Saffron Swords – Centuries of Indic Resistance to Invaders”.“#Modi Again: Why Modi is right for India, An Ex-Communist’s Manifesto” authored by Aabhas Maldahiyar, states the reasons about how Narendra Modi is right for India.“Saffron Swords: Centuries of Indic Resistance to Invaders” written by Manoshi Sinha Rawal is a book on 52 unsung warriors of India from last 1300 years.
- What was the theme of the World Autism Awareness Day (WAAD) 2019?
1) Theme – “Autism and the 2030 Agenda: Inclusion and Neurodiversity”
2) Theme – “Assistive Technologies, Active Participation”
3) Theme – “Empowering Women and Girls with Autism”
4) Theme – “Toward Autonomy and Self-Determination”
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Theme – “Assistive Technologies, Active Participation”
World Autism Awareness Day (WAAD) is observed annually on April 2 to raise awareness about people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), globally. The theme for 2019 was “Assistive Technologies, Active Participation”.The day was first observed in 2008. ii. Autism is a variable developmental disorder that appears by age three and is characterized by lack of the ability to communicate with others and to form normal social relationships.
- When was Earth Hour Day 2019 observed?
1) 30th March
2) 24th March
3) 26th March
4) 31st March
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 30th March
Earth Hour 2019 celebrated on Saturday, 30 March from 8:30 to 9:30 PM. Theme of Earth Hour 2019 is “#Connect2Earth”.Earth Hour is the world’s largest environmental grassroots movement, connecting millions of people all over the planet. As skylines around the country go dark, thousands unite across the world to celebrate WWF’s Earth Hour and take a stand against biodiversity loss. The Rashtrapati Bhavan, the India Gate, the Akshardham Temple, the Charminar, the ChattrapatiShivaji Terminus and other prominent landmarks in India switched off their lights in solidarity as individuals, communities, and organizations across the country came together to GIVEUP habits and practices that are environmentally detrimental, adopt sustainable lifestyles to reduce their footprint and inspire positive action for the planet.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency of Australia?Capital-Canberra & Currency-Australian Dollar
- Who is the Prime Minister of Japan?Shinzo Abe
- Where is the headquarter of International Shooting Sport Federation(ISSF) located?Munich,Germany
- What is the Currency of Japan?Japanese Yen
- Who is the President of International Shooting Sport Federation(ISSF)?Vladimir Lisin