AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 18 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which arab city is set to host 15th edition of G20 Summit in the year 2020, which will be the first G20 Summit in Arab world ?
1) Algiers, Algeria
2) Damascus, Syria
3) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4) Rabat, Morocco
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia will host G20 summit in November 2020 in Riyadh. This will be the first G20 meeting in the Arab world and the 15th meeting of the G20 (Group of Twenty).The G20 summit 2018 was held in Buenos Aires, Argentina where Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince, Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud represented his kingdom. The G20 summit of 2019 will be held in Osaka, Japan in June 28-29.For the very 1st time, the G20 summit was held in 2008 in Washington, D.C. with the prime objective of reviving the world economy from the worst financial crisis in more than 70 years. The G20 Summit is formally known as the ‘Summit on Financial Markets and the World Economy’.
- Which country topped the World Press Freedom Index 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Norway
Recently, Reporters Without Borders released World Press Freedom Index 2019 in which Norway topped the index in third consecutive year.Top 5 countries in World Press Freedom Index 2019
Rank Country 1st Norway 2nd Finland 3rd Sweden 4th Netherlands 5th Denmark
- What is the rank of India as per the World Press Freedom Index 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 140
India drops down by two positions (138th rank in 2018) to be ranked 140th out of 180 countries in 2019. The reason for decrease in India’s rank is because of at least six Indian journalists being killed in last one year. Two African countries Ethiopia and Gambia have significantly improved their ranking from 150th to 110th and 122nd to 92nd respectively as compare to 2018.In South Asia region, countries have poorly ranked as compare to last year. Pakistan dropped three places to 142 and Bangladesh dropped four places to 150.
- Name the airport complex, which has opened the World’s tallest indoor waterfall of 131 foot(40 metres) tall recently?
1) Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport complex, France
2) Los Angeles International Airport complex, California
3) Changi Airport complex, Singapore
4) Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport complex, Georgia
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Changi Airport complex, Singapore
The world’s tallest indoor waterfall, 131-foot-tall, opened for the general public at Singapore’s Jewel Changi Airport.The waterfall is housed inside a dome-shaped complex which has gardens growing over four storeys, more than 280 retail and food outlets, a hotel and a movie theatre. The structure also has a botanical garden with 120 species of plants.
- Which Public sector bank has tied up with city-based Srei Equipment Finance Ltd to offer joint loans for infrastructure equipment through iQuippo?
1) Canara Bank
2) Indian Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) Bank of Baroda
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bank of Baroda
Bank of Baroda and city-based Srei Equipment Finance Ltd will collaborate to offer joint loans for infrastructure equipment under a new agreement.This collaboration will allow both Srei and Bank of Baroda to cooperate and widen their respective markets and customer base.Sourcing of loans will be facilitated through iQuippo, which is a Kanoria Foundation initiative.
- Which department has issued a notice period of 12 months to monetise non-core assets of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) and immovable enemy properties?
1) Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion(DIPP)
2) Department of Economic Affairs(DEA)
3) Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM)
4) Department of Public Enterprises (DPE)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM)
The Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) stated guidelines for monetisation of non-core assets of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) and immovable enemy properties. The guidelines for monetisation of non-core assets are as follows: An Inter Ministerial Group (IMG) headed by the secretary of DIPAM will identify the non-core assets of the CPSEs. It could identify the assets on the basis of recommendations of the Niti Aayog. The final decision would be taken by the panel chaired by the Finance minister. After the final approval of the assets, the monetisation should be strictly completed within 12 months. In case the time limitation of 12 months is not followed, the finance ministry may put forth budgetary allocations to the CPSEs.
- Name the Indian Lawyers, who were honoured by TIME Magazine in the latest report titled “TIME’s 100 Most Influential People list 2019”, in recognition of their long struggle for the LGBTQ rights in India.
1) Arundhati Katju
2) Menaka Guruswamy
3) Harish Salve
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer – 4) Both 1 & 2
Recently TIME Magazine has released its 100’s most influential people 2019 list in which Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani, public interest litigators Arundhati Katju and Menaka Guruswamy who fought the legal battle for LGBTQ rights are among Indians have been named.
Name Profession Category Rank Arundhati Katju Lawyer Pioneers 9th Menaka Guruswamy Lawyer Pioneers 9th Mukesh Ambani Businessman Icons 13th
- TIME Magazine has published “TIME’s 100 Most Influential People list 2019” recently, the list divides people into ________ categories ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Five
The list divides the 100’s most influential people in five categories – pioneers, leaders, artists, titans and icons.
- Who was ranked at the number 1 position under the category “Artists” in the “TIME’s 100 Most Influential People list 2019”?
1) Regina King
2) Dwayne Johnson
3) Ariana Grande
4) Emilia Clarke
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) IN–VPN BILAT EX
Answer – 2) Dwayne Johnson
S.No. Pioneers Leaders Artists Titans Icons 1 Sandra Oh Nancy Pelosi Dwayne Johnson Mohamed Salah Taylor Swift 2 Indya Moore Donald Trump Regina King Lebron James Michelle Obama 3 Marlon James Greta Thunberg Khalid Jennifer Hyman Spike Lee 4 Chrissy Teigen Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador Emilia Clarke Gayle King Christine Blasey Ford 5 Massimo Bottura Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez BTS Mark Zuckerberg David Hockney
- Who was appointed as the chairman of India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA) for the year 2019-20?
1) Rajesh Ram Mishra
3) Jitendra Chaddah
4) Satya Gupta
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Jitendra Chaddah
The premier Industry body India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA) committed to the development of a vibrant Indian Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) ecosystem, has appointed Jitendra Chaddah, Intel India senior director for operations and strategy, as its Chairman. Jitendra Chaddahi. He succeeds Anil Kumar Muniswamy.IESA appointed Satya Gupta,CEO and Cofounder of SezOpt Technologies India as Vice Chairman and Veerappan V, co founder and Director of Tessolve Semiconductor as Treasurer of the new Executive Concil (EC) for the year 2019-20.
- Name the first ever satellite of Nepal launched by CygnusNG11 in Virginia, USA.
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) NepaliSat-1
Nepal has launched its first satellite “NepaliSat-1″ into space from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport at NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility on Virginia’s East Shore. It was bordered to the Antares rocket carrying Cygnus cargo spacecraft. The outlay of the satellite is 20 million Nepalese rupees. It was launched under the ‘Birds-3 satellite launch to International Space Station project’.NepaliSat-1 satellite was developed by two Nepalis engineers namely Abhas Maskey and Hariram Shrestha at Japan’s Kyushu Institute of Technology. The satellite is equipped with a five megapixel camera to capture Nepal’s topography and a magnetometer to collect data related to the earth’s magnetic field.
- Which country launched its first ever satellite ‘ Raavana-1’ from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport at NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility on Virginia’s East Shore?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Srilanka
On April 18, 2019 Sri Lanka launched its first satellite ‘Raavana-1’ weighing 1.05 kg into space from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport at NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility on Virginia’s East Shore. Raavana 1 was bordered to the Antares rocket carrying Cygnus cargo spacecraft. The satellite is expected to orbit 400 km away from earth and will have the lifespan of an estimated 1.5 years. Ravana 1, is part of third phase of the project ‘BIRDS’ which is led by the Kyushu Institute of Technology in Japan. The aim of the project is to help countries to build their first satellite with the assistance of the United Nations.
- Name the Spacecraft, which is used by NASA to find “Ligeia Mare”, the second largest known body of liquid on Saturn’s moon Titan.
3) Space Shuttle
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Cassini
NASA’s (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Cassini spacecraft has made an incredible observation about the extraordinary deep lakes filled with methane in the Saturn’s moon, Titan. This new study has been published in the scientific journal Astronomy.Titan, Saturn’s largest moon has methane rain that can fill lakes as much as 330 feet deep.Titan has become only planetary body known to have stable liquid on its surface, apart from Earth.
- Which country was penalized worth “1,70,000 Euros” by the International Hockey Federation for disrespecting Pro League commitments?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pakistan
The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has imposed a fine of 170,000 Euros on Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) for not honouring the Pro League commitments and has given PHF a time-limit till 20th June, on failure of which PHF would have to pay double of penalty.The PHF was fined because it did not send the national team for the Pro League matches in Argentina, Australia and New Zealand.Shahbaz notified that since PHF lacks funds, the FIH has been requested to reduce the fine and allow it to be paid in instalments.PHF Secretary General Shahbaz Ahmed is a former Olympian and captain of Pakistan National Hockey Team and is a member of the FIH Executive Board, chaired by India’s Narinder Batra.
- Name the former president of Peru who kills himself to avoid arrest over bribery allegations recently.
1) Calvin Coolidge
2) Harry Truman
3) Gerald Ford
4) Alan Garcia
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Alan Garcia
On 17th April 2019, Alan Garcia, 69, who served two terms as Peru’s president, from 1985 to 1990 and from 2006 to 2011, shot himself in his bedroom at his home in Lima, the capital, as police waited outside his door to take him to jail over bribery allegations with Brazelian construction company Odebrecht.He was rushed to a hospital, where he died despite emergency surgery at the Jose Casimiro Ulloa Hospital in Lima.
- What was the theme of the World Heritage Day 2019?
1) Theme – “Rural Landscapes”
2) Theme – “Hear the Future”
3) Theme – “Towards a Common Future”
4) Theme – “Weather-ready, climate-smart”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme – “Rural Landscapes”
World Heritage Day, which is also known as International Day for Monuments and Sites is an annual event celebrated on 18th April with an aim to emphasize the importance of safeguarding various sites around the world that have achieved world heritage status. This year, the theme of the World Heritage Day is “Rural Landscapes”.The day was proposed by the International Council on Monuments and Sites on 18th April 1982 and approved by the General Assembly of UNESCO in 1983.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency of Turkey?Capital – Ankara & Currency – Turkish lira
- Who is the CEO of Bank of Baroda?P S Jayakumar
- Bajrang Punia is related to which sport?Answer – Wrestling
He was recently in news,as regained top spot in world wrestling rankings in the men’s 65-kilogram freestyle category rankings. The rankings were released by United World Wrestling. Punia, who won Gold in the Asian Games and Commonwealth Games as well as a silver in the World Championships last year, secured 58 points ahead of Akhmed Chakaev of Russia.
- When was India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA) founded?2005
- Who is the Prime Minister of Nepal?Khadga Prasad Oli