AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 11 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- By what percent, average annual rate of Indian population grew between 2010 and 2019, as per the United Nations Population Fund?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 1.2%
According to the United Nations Population Fund, India’s population grew to 1.36 billion at an average annual rate of 1.2% between 2010 and 2019 which stands more than double the annual growth rate of China. The UN sexual and reproductive health agency in the State of World Population Report stated that India’s population of 1.36 billion in 2019 has picked growing from 942.2 million in 1994 and 541.5 million in 1969.Compared to India, China’s population has grown at an average annual rate of 0.5% between 2010 and 2019. Currently in 2019, China’s population stands at 1.42 billion which has risen from 1.23 billion in 1994 and 803.6 million in 1969.The report has stated that in India, the total fertility rate per woman dropped from 5.6% in 1969 to 3.7% in 1994 to 2.3% in 2019.
- Who chaired the panel, for setting up Central Monitoring Committee to enforce a national plan for reducing river pollution?
1) Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel
2) Justice Jawad Rahim
3) Justice Raghuvendra Singh Rathore
4) Justice Sonam Phintso Wangdi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel
A bench headed by NGT(National Green Tribunal) Chairperson Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel has formed a Central Monitoring Committee to enforce a national plan to reduce the river pollution.The Committee will further synchronize with the River Rejuvenation Committees of the states and supervise the implementation of the action plans. Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) will be nodal authority for coordination.The committee is set to establish 350 river stretches across the country to deal with the pollution as it has caused serious threat to safety of water and environment.
- Which two countries has signed an agreement to launch a programme for addressing the challenges around smart cities and clean technologies?
1) India and Russia
2) India and US
3) India and UK
4) India and Sweden
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) India and Sweden
On 11th April 2019, India and Sweden inked a pact that will deal a range of challenges around smart cities and clean technologies among others.The programme is co- sponsored by Indian Department of Science and Technologies (DST) and Swedish agency Vinnova.Vinnova donate to Swedish participants upto 2,500,000 Swedish Krona (around Rs. 1.87 crore).From Indian side, provide upto 50% per project to the Indian partners.Triple helix model of innovation that include participation of industry, academia and government is implemented in this project.
- Name the flagship programme of India, that was honoured with ‘Public Water Agency of the Year’ award at the Global Water Summit held in London.
1) Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme
2) National Mission for Clean Ganga
3) Rajiv Gandhi Accelerated Rural Water Supply Programme
4) Water Mission for North East and Himalayan States
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) National Mission for Clean Ganga
National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) or Namami Gange which is India’s flagship programme, was presented, with the ‘Public Water Agency of the Year’ award by Global Water Intelligence at the Global Water Summit held in London on 9th April, 2019. National Mission for Clean Ganga was awarded this for its initiatives in the water sector which brings remarkable improvements in the lives of people.2019 edition of Global Water Summit was a 3-day event held at Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel, Hounslow which started from on 8th April.
- Where was the First Global Conference on Synergies between the 2030 Agenda and Paris Agreement held during which first-ever global coalition on clean and efficient cooling launched?
1) Copenhagen, Denmark
2) Geneva, Switzerland
3) Paris, France
4) New York, US
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Copenhagen, Denmark
The 1st ever of global coalition on clean and efficient cooling was launched at First Global Conference on Synergies between the 2030 Agenda and Paris Agreement in Copenhagen, Denmark.This coalition is aim to identify solutions and mobilise action to accelerate progress towards clean and efficient cooling.Global Cool coalition was supported by the UN, Climate and Clean Air Coalition, the Kigali Cooling Efficiency Program and Sustainable Energy for All.
- What is the revised interest rate of General Provident Fund(GPF), Contributory Provident Fund (CPF) and other schemes for April-June, 2019-20?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 8%
For the first quarter of current financial year, the government has stuck to the previous (January-March quarter of 2018-2019) interest rate for (GPF) General Provident Fund, Contributory Provident Fund (CPF) and other schemes at 8%.The Department of Economic Affairs notified that the mentioned interest rate of 8% will be applicable on provident funds of Contributory Provident Fund (India), the All India Services Provident Fund, the State Railway Provident Fund, the General Provident Fund (Defence Services), the Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund, the Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund, the Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund, the Defence Services Officers Provident Fund, and the Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
- Which private sector bank has associated with AI-based credit underwriting platform CreditVidya to enhance the customer experience?
1) Axis Bank
2) Nainital Bank
3) Karnataka Bank
4) RBL Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) RBL Bank
RBL Bank has partnered with CreditVidya to enhance the lender’s customer experience (by offering them relevant credit products) and construct customised offerings for over 15 lakh customers. RBL bank had first partnered with CreditVidya in 2018 for instant and automated verification of employment details of salaried card applicants.RBL Bank will leverage CreditVidya’s big data underwriting platform across its credit card and mobile banking apps.CreditVidya helps lenders, wallets assess risk of customers, leverages alternative data, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning for credit scoring for the facilitation of institutional credit for the underserved.
- Cabinet Committee of Security has cleared the proposal for the procurement of the 464 T-90 tanks from which country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Russia
The Cabinet Committee of Security has cleared the procurement of 464 Russian tanks from Russia under T-90 project in a deal worth over Rs 13,500 crore. The tanks would be given to the Armoured Corps of the force which will be furthered used by them for deployment along the India-Pakistan border.The new deal would increase the number of T-90s in the Army to 2,000 along with the remaining T-72 and T-55s.The acquisition also includes a Make-in-India element for integration at the Heavy Vehicles Factory in Avadi (near Chennai).
- Name the education technology startup of India that won “Next Billion Edtech Prize 2019” to empower parents to take charge of their child’s early education.
1) Dost Education
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dost Education
On 9th April 2019, ‘Dost Education’, which is India’s education technology startup won a $25,000 (Rs 17 lakhs) tech prize for its ability to empower parents to take charge of their child’s early education. The prize ‘The Next Billion Edtech Prize 2019’ is run by UK-based Varkey Foundation.This foundation recognizes the most innovative technology which creates a radical impact on education in low income and emerging world countries.The other winners for this prize were Ubongo from Tanzania and PraxiLabs from Egypt.From the three winners, Ubongo crowned as the overall winner and take home the Next Billion Prize trophy. The third winner of this award, PraxiLabs provides virtual laboratories for schools and learning organizations.
- Name the Rio Paralympics silver medalist, who was honoured with the New Zealand Prime Minister’s Sir Edmund Hillary Fellowship for 2019.
1) Varun Singh Bhati
2) Mariyappan Thangavelu
3) Deepa Malik
4) Devendra Jhajharia
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Deepa Malik
On 11th April 2019, the 48-year-old, Rio Paralympics silver medalist Deepa Malik has been honoured with the New Zealand Prime Minister’s Sir Edmund Hillary Fellowship for 2019 in recognition of her “inspiring achievements”.She won the silver medal in shot put F53 event in Rio Paralympics in 2016.She became the first Indian woman to win a medal at the Paralympic Games and the first Indian women to win medals in three consecutive Asian Para Games in 2010, 2014 and 2018.She also honoured with India’s civilian honour Padma Shri and the prestigious Arjuna Award for excellence in sports and made a place in the Limca Book of World Records for four times.
- In which entity was Shiv Das Meena appointed as its Chairman cum Managing Director (CMD)?
1) Marsh & McLennan Companies
2) National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC)
3) IPL Information Processing Limited
4) IBM Global Business Services
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC)
On 9th April 2019, Additional Secretary of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Shiv Das Meena has been appointed as the Chairman cum Managing Director (CMD) of National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC).Shiv Das Meena, an Indian Administrative Service officer of Tamil Nadu cadre of 1989-Batch, will succeed Dr. Anoop Kumar Mittal.He takes charge as the 17th CMD of NBCC.
- Who is the Brand Ambassador of Fantasy 11?
1) Ajit Agarkar
2) Lakshmipathy Balaji
3) Ramesh Powar
4) Murali Kartik
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Murali Kartik
Fantasy 11,Gaming startup, has roped in Murali Kartik, former Indian Cricketer as its brand Ambassador.He was the’ official Fan Management Partner’ for recently concluded Premier Badminton League (PBL).He will provide his expert opinions about cricket and will serve in marketing campaigns.Murali Kartik represented India in the duration 2000 to 2007.
- Who was elected as the Prime Minister of Israel for the fifth term and thus making him the longest serving Prime Minister of Israel?
1) Yaakov Litzman
2) Benny Gantz
3) Benjamin Netanyahu
4) Avi Gabbay
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Benjamin Netanyahu
Benjamin Netanyahu has secured a fifth term as the Prime Minister of Israel. The win was solidified by his rival, Benny Gantz, acknowledging defeat. The Prime Minister has been among the few world leaders who have seen the revolutionary power of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. Netanyahu has reached a point of giving traditional banks in Israel an early notice since they will soon be obsolete.
- Google has launched which cloud platform to run and manage apps from anywhere?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Anthos
Google has launched a new open platform named ‘Anthos’ to run and manage apps from anywhere. It lets users run applications on the public cloud or on existing on-premise hardware investments. It helps the users to manage workloads running on third-party clouds like Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.Google also announced “Anthos Migrate” in beta, which auto-migrates virtual machines from on-premises, or other clouds directly into Kunernetes Engine with minimal effect.VMware,Dell EMC,HPE,Intel and Lenovo have committed to deliver Anthos.
- What is the new form of state of matter which can be solid and liquid at the same time as per the journal named ‘Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.’?
2) Solidified liquid
3) Chain-melted state
4) Solid in melted state
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Chain-melted state
On 10th April 2019, a new state of matter which can be solid and liquid at the same time has been discovered by scientists of the University of Edinburgh.The study was led by Dr. Andreas Hermann of the university’s School of Physics and Astronomy and was published in the journal named ‘Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.’ This distinct state of matter named as the “chain-melted state”.
- Name the cyclone which hit southern Africa recently?
1) Cyclone Phailin
2) Cyclone Idai
3) Cyclone Hudhud
4) Cyclone Nilofar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Cyclone Idai
The death toll from the cyclone idai that crashed southeast Africa last month has risen above 1000, while more than 4000 cholera cases and seven deaths from the illness reported.The Cyclone hit Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi on March 14. On 10 April 2019, The number of death updated to 344 in Zimbabwe,602 in Mozambique, 59 in Malawi and 257 people were listed as missing. The United Nations has defined Cyclone Idai as “one of the deadliest storms on record in the southern hemisphere”.
- Which Tennis federation has collaborated with All India Tennis Association to train Indian junior players?
1) Tunisian Tennis Federation
2) Israel Tennis Association
3) International Tennis Federation
4) Serbian Tennis Federation
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Serbian Tennis Federation
On 10th April, 2019, All India Tennis Association (AITA) has collaborated with Serbian Tennis Federation (STF) to train Indian junior players under world renowned Serbian coaches, at the RK Khanna Stadium, New Delhi.This pact will aim to cooperate within the sphere of competence to work towards the development of junior tennis players in India. Serbia’s trainers and coaches will come to India for a camp for the under 12, 14, 16 and 18 categories. Then in the latter half of the year, preparation camp will also be conducted in Serbia for 8-10 players in the age group of 15-18 and 3-4 trainers.
- Name the ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike’ actor who passed away recently at the age of 86.
1) Navtej Hundal
2) Tele Samad
4) Franz Weber
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Navtej Hundal
On 8th April 2019, Indian Actor Navtej Hundal passed away after suffering from chronic Hepatitis B disease. He was 86. The news was shared on Cine And TV Artist Association’s (CINTAA) official Twitter handle. He hailed from Mumbai, Maharashtra. Navtej had acted in Bollywood films like Khalnayak (1993), Tere Mere Sapne (1996) and The Whispers (2009) and did TV show Bharat Ek Khoj.
- Drupad Borgohain passed away at the age of 78 in Dibrugarh, Assam.He was from which field?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Politician
On 10th April 2019, Veteran communist leader and former parliamentarian Drupad Borgohain passed away at the age of 78 at a private hospital in Dibrugarh, Assam after fighting a prolonged battle with cancer.He was born on 7th November 1941 in Sivasagar, Assam.He was a Rajya Sabha member between 1998 and 2004 and served as a legislator from Nazira constituency from 2006-2011 in the Assam assembly.Also, he served as the secretary of the Assam state council of the Communist Party of India (CPI) and elected as the president of Assam state council of All India Kisan Sabha.
- What was the theme of the ‘Safe Motherhood Day’ 2019?
1) ‘Safe Motherhood’
2) ‘Care for Child’
3) ‘Midwives for Mothers’
4) ‘Respectful Maternity Care’
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) ‘Midwives for Mothers’
Every year 11th April is observed as National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD). On April 11, 2019, the Indian Government along with The White Ribbon Alliance (WRAI) (UNICEF is an active member of WRAI) conducted a national stakeholders’ meeting, in Delhi, to discuss on the pressing issues relating to women’s health. In 2003, the Government of India had declared 11th April as National Safe Motherhood Day which is the birth anniversary day of Kasturba Gandhi. She was wife of Mohan Das Karam Chand Gandhi, the father of the nation.The theme of 2019 NSMD was “Midwives for Mothers”.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park was located in which state?Telangana
- What is the Capital and Currency of Serbia?Capital: Belgrade & Currency: Serbian Dinar
- Where is the headquarter of Google Inc located?California
- Who is the Prime Minister of New Zealand?Jacinda Ardern
- What is the Capital and Currency of Sweden?Capital : Stockholm & Currency: Swedish krona