AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 8 March 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- In March 2023, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) approved the MoU between India’s Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) and _________(country’s) National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) to prevent illicit trafficking in narcotic drugs.
5) NigeriaAnswer-5) Nigeria
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has approved the proposal for the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India’s Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) and Nigeria’s National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on the prevention of illicit trafficking in ‘Narcotic Drugs’, psychotropic substances and precursor chemicals.
i. The action on the prevention of illicit trafficking in narcotic drugs was taken after a meeting between the heads of the NCB and NDLEA following the “No Money for Terror Conference” (NMFT) which was held in Delhi in November 2022.
ii. In 2021, 798 Nigerian nationals were arrested in India for allegedly involving in crimes like drug trafficking, cheating, forgery, and violating the Foreigners Act, among others.
- Name the organisation that has recently (in March’ 23) collaborated with the Indian School of Business (ISB) as a knowledge partner for the G-20 Education Working Group (EWG).
1) National Skill Development Corporation
2) National Council for Teacher Education
3) National Council of Educational Research and Training
4) National Council for Vocational Education and Training
5) All India Council for Technical EducationAnswer-1) National Skill Development Corporation
The Indian School of Business (ISB) is collaborating with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), as a knowledge partner for the G-20 Education Working Group (EWG).
i. As part of this collaboration, ISB will provide research support to NSDC in the broad area of the ‘future of work’.
ii. Webinars: It will discuss ‘Megatrends Shaping the Future of Work’ and ‘Foundational Skills and Lifelong Learning’.
• The webinar will conclude with a skills exhibition at Bhubaneshwar, Odisha, that will host all G-20 nations.
- Which of the following points is/are ‘Correct’ with respect to the Digital Payments Awareness Week (DPAW) 2023?
A) The Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Shaktikanta Das launched the mission ‘Har Payment Digital’ as part of the Digital Payments Awareness Week (DPAW).
B) The DPAW 2023 was observed by RBI from 1st to 7th March 2023 with the campaign theme of “E-Payments for Everyone, Everywhere and Everytime”.
C) The regional offices of the RBI will conduct awareness and outreach programmes as part of ‘Jan Bhagidari’ events under the Indian G20 presidency.
1) Only A
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-4) Only A & C
The Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Shaktikanta Das launched the mission ‘Har Payment Digital’ as part of the Digital Payments Awareness Week (DPAW).
• Objective: To reinforce the ease and convenience of digital payments and facilitate onboarding of new consumers into the digital payment system.
• The mission would run till the period of Vision 2025.
• The theme of Vision 2025 was “E-Payments for Everyone, Everywhere and Everytime”.
i. The DPAW 2023 was observed by RBI from March 6 to 12, 2023 to further deepen the usage of digital payments across India and the campaign theme of DPAW 2023 is “Digital Payment Apnao, Auron ko bhi Sikhao” (Adopt digital payments and Also teach others).
ii. Jan Bhagidari(People’s Participation): The regional offices of the RBI will conduct awareness and outreach programmes as part of ‘Jan Bhagidari’ events under the Indian G20 presidency.
iii. 75 Digital Villages: RBI also plans to initiate a programme named ‘75 Digital Villages’ in observance of 75 years of Independence.
• Under the programme, 75 villages across India will be adopted by Payment System Operators (PSOs) to convert them into digital payment enabled villages.
- Which bank has recently (in March’ 23) launched its 1st credit card service in collaboration with 42 Card Solutions Pvt Ltd?
1) IndusInd Bank
2) YES Bank
3) City Union Bank
4) IDFC Bank
5) RBL BankAnswer-3) City Union Bank
City Union Bank (CUB), a private sector lender, has announced the launch of its first-ever credit card service, the “Dhi CUB Visa Signature Credit Card,” in collaboration with 42 Card Solutions Pvt Ltd, a provider of credit card management services.
i. Customers can apply for the card by logging into the bank’s mobile app and earn 1.25% cashback on eligible purchases, payable monthly for the next 2 years.
ii. CUB will also provide its credit card users with a free ‘CUB Keychain Debit Card,’ which will provide added convenience and ease of payment for all TAP & GO purchases.
- Which company has recently (in March’ 23) signed an MoU with TotalEnergies (France) to explore the deep-water blocks?
1) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
2) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation
3) Indian Oil Corporation
4) Oil India Limited
5) GAIL (India) LimitedAnswer-1) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
On March 6, 2023, the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with French major TotalEnergies for the exploration of deep-water blocks.
• This MoU will provide technical help to ONGC to explore and reduce greenhouse emissions in the development of deep-water blocks especially in Mahanadi and Andamans, off India’s east coast.
i. India, the world’s third-biggest oil importer and consumer, ships in over 85% of its oil from overseas.
- Who has been recently (in March’ 23) appointed as the Chief Minister (CM) of Meghalaya for the 2nd consecutive term?
1) Phagu Chauhan
2) D. D. Lapang
3) Mukul Sangma
4) Prestone Tynsong
5) Conrad K SangmaAnswer-5) Conrad K Sangma
On March 7, 2023, Conrad Kongkal Sangma (Conrad K. Sangma), President of the National People’s Party (NPP), was sworn in as the Chief Minister (CM) of Meghalaya, to lead a coalition government for the second consecutive term.
i. Meghalaya Governor Phagu Chauhan administered the oath of office and secrecy to Conrad K. Sangma and 11 others (totaling a 12-member cabinet), including two Deputy Chief Ministers, Prestone Tynsong and Sniawbhalang Dhar, both from the NPP, at a magnificent ceremony held at Raj Bhavan in Shillong, Meghalaya.
ii. Sangma defeated BJP candidate Bernard N. Marak in the South Tura constituency by a margin of 5,016 votes.
- Name the personality who has been recently (in March 2023) appointed as the Chief Minister (CM) of Nagaland for 5th term.
1) Pangyu Phom
2) Shurhozelie Liezietsu
3) T. R. Zeliang
4) Neiphiu Rio
5) Y. PattonAnswer-4) Neiphiu Rio
On 7th March 2023, Neiphiu Rio, leader of the Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) of Nagaland, was sworn in as Chief Minister (CM) of Nagaland for the 5th time in the presence of Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi at the Capital Cultural Hall, Kohima, Nagaland.
i. Taditui Rangkau Zeliang and Yanthungo Patton took oath as Deputy Chief Ministers of Nagaland in Kohima, Nagaland.
ii. He served as Nagaland’s chief minister for four periods (2003–2008; 2008–2013; 2013–2014; and 2018–2023).
- Who has recently (in March’ 23) taken charge as the 28th Controller General of Accounts (CGA) of India?
1) Soma Roy Burman
2) S.S. Dubey
3) Bharti Das
4) Deepak Das
5) J.P.S. ChawlaAnswer-2) S.S. Dubey
On 6th March 2023, S.S. Dubey, a 1989-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) officer, took charge as the Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Ministry of Finance (MoF), with immediate effect. He is the 28th CGA of the Government of India.
i. Before taking over as CGA, S.S. Dubey was the Additional CGA in the Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- Who authored a book “As Good as My Word: A Memoir”?
1) Abhay Kumar
2) K.M. Chandrasekhar
3) Achal Malhotra
4) Arun Kumar Sahoo
5) C.V. RanganathanAnswer-2) K.M. Chandrasekhar
K.M. Chandrasekhar, former Cabinet Secretary of India, has authored a book titled “As Good as My Word: A Memoir”, an autobiography published by HarperCollins. The book offers a critique of institutions and covers a turbulent time period.
i. K.M. Chandrasekhar is a former Kerala cadre Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of the 1970 batch. He served as the Cabinet Secretary of India from 2007 to 2011.
ii. He was the Founder Chairman of the Spices Board, India’s Ambassador to the World Trade Organization (WTO) and the Union Revenue Secretary.
- In March 2023, Bhupesh Baghel, Chief Minister (CM) of Chhattisgarh, presented the state budget of ______________ for the Financial Year (FY) 2023-24.
1) Rs 2, 90,398 crore
2) Rs 3,10,249 crore
3) Rs 1,21,501 crore
4) Rs 2, 05, 791 crore
5) Rs 1,04,670 croreAnswer-3) Rs 1,21,501 crore
The Chief Minister (CM) of Chhattisgarh Bhupesh Baghel presented Rs 1,21,501 crore state budget for FY24 in its State Assembly in Raipur. It was the 5th and the last budget of this term as the state is scheduled for Assembly Elections in 2023.
• It is Rs 15,200 crore deficit budget where Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) is projected at 8%.
• It is termed as ‘Bharose ka budget’ with a motto of ‘Gadbo Nava Chhattisgarh’.
i. The highest allocation of 16.1% is provided for education with more than Rs 19,000 crore to the school education department while Rs 10,379 crore budgeted for panchayat and rural development and Rs 10,070 crore for agriculture.
ii. A provision of Rs 6,800 crore for the Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana has been made to make Chhattisgarh, which is famously known as ‘Dhaan Ka Katora” (bowl of grains), as the ‘Dhan Ka Katora’ (bowl of money).
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification