AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In June 2021, India retargeted its _______ ethanol-blending with petrol to __________.
1) 10%; 2023
2) 20%; 2025
3) 15%; 2023
4) 20%; 2023
5) 15%; 2025
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) 20%; 2023
To reduce India’s dependence on costly oil imports, the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoPNG) has brought forward the target year for achieving 20% ethanol-blending with petrol by 2 years from 2025 to April 2023.
i.Most of the ethanol requirement in India will be produced from sugarcane industries
ii.Ethanol Blending will reduce the emission of carbon dioxide (CO2), carbon monoxide (CO) and hydrocarbons (HC)
- The 3rd Edition of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index for 2020-21, titled ‘SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020–21: Partnerships in the Decade of Action’ was released in June 2021.
Identify the points that are correctly related to the Report:
A) 3rd edition of SDG India Index was released by NITI Aayog covering 16 of the 17 SDGs
B) Punjab topped the Index as the overall best performer among Indian states
C) In attaining SDG3 (Good health & Well Being), the state list was topped by Gujarat
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) Only B
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Only A & C
NITI Aayog released the 3rd edition of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index for 2020–21, titled ‘SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020–21: Partnerships in the Decade of Action’.
i.Kerala has retained its rank as the top state with a score of 75 and Bihar has been adjudged as the worst performer.
ii.Chandigarh topped among the UTs, followed by Delhi, Puducherry.
The 3rd edition covers 16 Goals out of 17 SDGs, were
SDG3-Good health & Well Being – Gujarat topped among States, Delhi topped among UTs
- _________ topped the AIRINC Global 150 Cities Index for Financial Attractiveness, while from Indian side, New Delhi was ranked at ___________ in the index.
1) Manama; 113rd
2) Paris; 54th
3) Doha; 54th
4) Manama; 54th
5) Doha; 113rd
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Manama; 113rd
Manama, the Capital city of Bahrain topped the AIRINC Global 150 Cities Index for Financial Attractiveness ranking for the 3rd consecutive time. Indian Cities of New Delhi (113rd) & Mumbai (125th) were the only two to be listed in the Index.
i.Seven cities from the MENA (Middle East North Africa) region were among the Top 16.
- Which Country/Countries announced to establish an international pathogen surveillance network called “Global Pandemic Radar”?
1) United States of America
2) Republic of Korea
3) United Kingdom
5) European Union
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) United Kingdom
The United Kingdom (UK) announced plans to develop an advanced international pathogen surveillance network called “Global Pandemic Radar” with the collaboration of the World Health Organization (WHO) to identify the emerging COVID-19 types and diagnose new diseases worldwide.
- Which bank was the 1st in Asia-Pacific region to partner with SWIFT to offer a cross border inward payments facility called “SWIFT gpi Instant”?
1) HDFC Bank
2) City Union Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) Axis Bank
5) ICICI Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank partnered with SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) became the 1st bank in Asia-Pacific and the 2nd globally to offer the facility called ‘SWIFT gpi (Global Payments Innovation) Instant’, the facility for cross border inward payments.
i.‘SWIFT gpi Instant’, enables customers of ICICI bank with cross border Personal remittances (up to Rs 2 lakh).
- Which bank in partnership with Satin Creditcare Network became the 1st International bank to integrate with NPCI’s UPI AutoPay platform?
1) HSBC Bank India
2) DBS Bank
3) Standard Chartered
4) Deutsche Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) HSBC Bank India
Satin Creditcare Network Limited (SCNL), a Microfinance Institute(MFI) and HSBC Bank India, banking partner of SCNL made a partnership with NPCI to integrate NPCI’s UPI AutoPay platform into their system, to enable fully automated loan EMI payments by its customers.
i.SCNL became the 1st MFI in India to use the UPI AutoPay.
ii.HSBC Bank India is the only international bank to be a part of the UPI AutoPay platform.
- In June 2021, _____________ became the World’s Fastest Female Climber to reach the Summit of Mount Everest.
1) Tsang Yin-Hung
2) Bachendri Pal
3) Moni Mulepati
4) Krushnaa Patil
5) Gaurika Singh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Tsang Yin-Hung
Tsang Yin-Hung from Hong Kong broke the record and became the fastest female climber to reach the peak of Mount Everest, she scaled the peak in 25 hours 50 minutes.
i.Arthur Muir, 75, became the oldest American to climb the Mount Everest
- Who was appointed (in June’21) as the Chairperson of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India?
1) Navin Sinha
2) Arun Kumar Mishra
3) Ashok Bhushan
4) Rohinton Fali Nariman
5) Uday Lalit
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Arun Kumar Mishra
Former Justice of Supreme Court, Arun Kumar Mishra appointed as the Chairperson of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India. He was appointed as the Chairperson for a period of 3 years.
About National Human Rights Commission (NHRC):
Established – 12 October, 1993
Headquarter – New Delhi
- Who became the President of Israel in June 2021?
1) Benjamin Netanyahu
2) Mahmoud Abbas
3) Isaac Herzog
4) Benny Gantz
5) Reuven Rivlin
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Isaac Herzog
Veteran politician Isaac Herzog, the former Labor Party leader elected as the 11th President of Israel in a secret Ballot held in the Knesset, Parliament of Israel.
Prime Minister– Benjamin Netanyahu
- _________ won Silver Medal at the World Junior Weightlifting Championship 2021 held in _____________.
1) Achinta Sheuli; Tashkent, Uzbekistan
2) Achinta Sheuli; Tokyo, Japan
3) Jeremy Lalrinnunga; Tashkent, Uzbekistan
4) Jeremy Lalrinnunga; Jakarta, Indonesia
5) Achinta Sheuli; Jakarta, Indonesia
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 1) Achinta Sheuli; Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Indian weightlifter Achinta Sheuli from West Bengal bagged Silver medal in the men’s 73kg category at the International Weightlifting Federation’s Junior World Weightlifting Championships 2021 held at Tashkent, Uzbekistan