We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 4 June 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs June 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Govt Revised the Target year to Achieve ‘20% Ethanol-Blending to Petrol’ to 2023 from 2025
Note – India is the 3rd biggest oil importer in the world and relies on foreign suppliers to meet more than 80 percent of demand.
In 2020, the govt had set a target of reaching 10 percent ethanol-blending by 2022 (i.e. mixing 10 percent of ethanol with 90 percent of gasoline) and 20 percent by 2030 under the Ethanol Blended Petrol Programme (EBP).
i.Currently, the govt directs the oil companies in all states and UTs (union territories) to sell ethanol blended petrol with a percentage of ethanol up to 20 percent as per the Bureau of Indian Standards specifications.
ii.In April 2021, Ethanol-blending in Petrol in India reached more than 7.2 percent for the First Time. Click here to know more
About Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoPNG)
Union Minister – Dharmendra Pradhan (Member of Parliament – Rajya Sabha, Constituency – Madhya Pradesh)
>>Read Full News
NITI Aayog’s SDGs India Index 2020-21; Kerala Tops Among State, Chandigarh Tops Among UTs
- Report Title: ‘SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020–21: Partnerships in the Decade of Action’.
- The index was launched by NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Rajiv Kumar along with other members.
- State wise Top Rank: Kerala has retained its rank as the top state with a score of 75 and Bihar has been adjudged as the worst performer.
- Union Territories (UTs) wise Top Rank: Chandigarh topped among the UTs, followed by Delhi, Puducherry. Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu has been adjudged as the worst performer.
3rd Edition of SDG India Index 2020-21:
Other Members Present: Vinod Paul, Member (Health), NITI Aayog, Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog, and Sanyukta Samaddar, Adviser (SDGs), NITI Aayog.
SDG improvement in India:
i.India’s overall SDG score improved by 6 points from 60 in 2019 to 66 in 2020–21(57 in 2018).
ii.Improvements in country-wide performance were driven by performance in Goals 6 (Clean Water and Sanitation), Goal 7(Affordable and Clean Energy), and composite Goal scores of 83 and 92.
The index was designed and developed by NITI Aayog in consultations with the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), the UN agencies led by United Nations in India, the States and Union Territories, and the key Union Ministries.
About NITI Aayog:
NITI Aayog was established on 1 January 2015 to replace the Planning Commission, which was instituted in 1950.
Headquarters – New Delhi
Chairperson – Narendra Modi
Vice Chairperson – Rajiv Kumar
CEO – Amitabh Kant
>>Read Full News
Cabinet Approvals on June 2, 2021
- Model Tenancy Act to unlock vacant houses for rental purposes
- Signed & Ratified Agreement on Cooperation in the field of Mass Media with SCO Members
- MoC between India & Japan in the field of sustainable urban development
- MoU between India and Argentine Republic in the field of Mineral Resources
- MoU between India and Maldives in the field of sustainable urban development
About Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO):
Member Countries — 8 Countries (viz) India, Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyz Republic, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
Headquarter – Beijing, China.
>>Read Full News
Agriculture Ministry signs MoU with 4 Institutions for Pilot Projects
4-Organisations & Projects:
i.Patanjali Organic Research Institute – Agriculture Management & Farmer Service in 3 districts (Haridwar- Uttarakhand, Hamirpur- Uttar Pradesh and Moraina- Madhya Pradesh).
ii.Amazon Web Services (AWS) – Creating Digital Innovative Ecosystem in the Agriculture value chain
iii.ESRI India Pvt. Ltd – Setting up of “National Agriculture Geo Hub”
iv.Agribazar India Pvt. Ltd – Partner with Pilot Projects of Department of Agriculture in 3 states – Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh & Rajasthan
About Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW)
Union Minister – Narendra Singh Tomar (Morena, Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State – Parshottam Rupala (Rajya Sabha, Gujarat), Kailash Choudhary (Barmer, Rajasthan)
>>Read Full News
A Report Titled ‘One year of INDIAai’ Released
On May 28, 2021,‘National AI Portal'(https://indiaai.gov.in) celebrated its first anniversary. A report titled ‘One year of INDIAai’ was released and a new look of the website homepage was also unveiled at a virtual event attended by nearly 400 participants and dignitaries.
- National AI Portal -A joint initiative by the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY), National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and NASSCOM.
- It was launched on May 20, 2020.It has been serving as a central hub for AI related news, learning, articles, events and activities.
AIRINC Global 150 Cities Index – Manama tops in Financial Attractiveness Ranking for 3rd Consecutive time
i.Indicators used for calculating Financial Attractiveness – Salary levels, Cost of Living, and Taxes in a particular market
ii.Seven cities from the MENA (Middle East North Africa) region were among the Top 16.
1st Country in the MENA region to develop an economic diversification strategy away from hydrocarbons. Currently, over 80% of the country’s GDP depends on the Non-Oil sector.
Prime Minister – Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa
Capital – Manama
>>Read Full News
2021 P4G Seoul Summit Global held as 2-day virtual event; Hosted by the Republic of Korea
The Summit was hosted by the Republic of Korea (South Korea).
- The theme of the 2021 P4G Seoul Summit is Green Recovery and 2050 Carbon Neutrality
- This is the first multilateral environmental Summit to be hosted by the Republic of Korea.
- The Summit was preceded by Green Future Week: May 24 to 29 2021.
i.The delegates, including the representative of the United States, China and other major economies adopted a declaration at the end of the 2021 Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030(P4G).
ii.Moon Jae-in the President of Korea proposed a “Green New Deal” with an aim to support the country to achieve the goal of zero-emission by 2050 and create a 5 million USD fund under the Green New Deal to support the developing countries’ transitions to renewable energy.
“Global Pandemic Radar” a Pathogen Surveillance Network by UK
Prime Minister of United Kingdom (UK), Boris Johnson, announced plans to develop an advanced international pathogen surveillance network called “Global Pandemic Radar” with the collaboration of the World Health Organization(WHO) to identify the emerging COVID-19 types and diagnose new diseases worldwide.
- This announcement was made before the ahead of the Global Health Summit hosted by Italy and the EU.
Objective – Early detection of new variants of COVID-19 and other emerging pathogens before they cause future pandemics and enabling the rapid development of vaccines, treatments, and tests.
i.WHO will lead an implementation group with the support of Wellcome Trust, to launch this new international partnership to identify, monitor, and share data on new coronavirus variants and monitor vaccine resistance in population.
ii.UK under its Current Presidency of G7 (Group of Seven), is working closely with global powers for early detection of new variants of COVID-19.
iii.Early genome sequencing of pathogens, can eliminate future pandemics and early vaccine development.
iv.Global Pandemic Radar is set to be launched by 2021.
About the United Kingdom:
Capital – London
Buckingham Palace – Residence of the monarch of UK is located in Westminster, London.
Cricket is the De Facto National Sport of UK.
River Severn is the longest river in United Kingdom, whereas the 2nd longest river, River Thames flows through the capital city of London.
Microsoft Launched The First Ever Asia-Pacific Cybersecurity Council
The council aims to accelerate public-private partnerships in cybersecurity and share threat intelligence by,
- Building strong communications channel to address cyber threats and
- Sharing best practices among participating countries.
About Asia-pacific cybersecurity Council:
Cybersecurity Council comprises policy makers and influencers from countries like Indonesia, Korea, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, and Thailand.
- It is supported by cybersecurity professionals.
Functions of Council
i.Council was set up to build a strong coalition and to strengthen cyber security defense.
- As these countries experience 1.6 times higher malware attacks and 1.7 times higher ransomware attacks as compared to other countries.
ii.Council will meet virtually on a quarterly basis to continuously exchange information on cyber threats and related cybersecurity solutions.
iii.They will learn from Microsoft security certification training, hands on lab sessions and dedicated workshops to improve digital skills of the workforce.
BANKING & FINANCE
ICICI Bank Became the 1st in Asia-Pacific, 2nd Globally to offer ‘SWIFT gpi Instant’ Facility
- The facility will help overseas partner banks to send instant remittances on behalf of their customers to the beneficiary in India, the beneficiaries will get instant credit to their bank account.
Key benefits of ‘SWIFT gpi Instant’:
i.To send instant remittances to India, non-residents can visit their Bank overseas and initiate remittance transactions via ‘SWIFT gpi Instant’.
ii.ICICI will process those cross border Personal remittances (up to Rs 2 lakh) through ‘SWIFT gpi Instant’, and instantly credit it to the beneficiary account, that is held by any bank in India using the IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) platform.
Note – The bank should be enabled to receive foreign remittance through IMPS.
About ICICI Bank:
Establishment – 1955 (Incorporated in 1994)
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD& CEO – Sandeep Bakhshi
Tagline – Hum hai na, Khayal Apka
>>Read Full News
SCNL Became 1st MFI in India to Integrate NPCI’s UPI AutoPay
- Through this, SCNL became the 1st MFI in India to use the UPI AutoPay. This initiative also made the customers pay their loan EMIs for the 1st time through the UPI (Unified Payments Interface) platform.
- HSBC India became the only international bank to be a part of the UPI AutoPay platform.
- HSBC India has integrated its API (Application Programming Interface) stack with the AutoPay functionality.
About National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI):
It is an organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India, it is an initiative of RBI and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) under the provisions of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 for creating a robust Payment & Settlement Infrastructure in India.
Establishment – 2008
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO -Dilip Asbe
>>Read Full News
Bharti Axa Life Insurance Entered Into Bancassurance Partnership With Shivalik SFB
To make available health insurance solutions to Shivalik’s customers across 31 branches.
Features of the Partnership:
i.Various life insurance products of Bharti AXA Life Insurance, including
- Savings And
- Investment Plans
will be offered to customers of Shivalik Small Finance Bank across its branches and digital network across the country and also Financial security will be provided.
About Shivalik Small Finance Bank:
Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Director(CEO):Suveer Kumar Gupta
About Bharti Axa Life Insurance:
Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Director(CEO)– Parag Raja
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
Formed in– 2006
>>Read Full News
Edelweiss Strengthens Co-Lending Partnership With Central Bank Of India For MSMEs
- The limit for collateral free business loans for MSMEs has been increased to Rs 50 lakh from Rs 10 lakh.
- Also the limit for loan against property has been increased to Rs 10 crore.
The lenders have collaborated to introduce specially designed products with increased loan limits for the MSME segment.
i.MSMEs can now avail of collateral free business loans up to Rs 50 lakh.
ii.The credit offered through the partnership will provide MSMEs with access to cost effective capital, aiding their economic revival and growth.
HDFC ERGO, VISA partners to Provide Specialized Insurance Policies for Business Card Holders
- 2 insurance policies were provided under the partnership viz, Business Suraksha Classik and my:Credit Personal Accident Insurance group policy.
Business Suraksha Classik policy:
This policy is to provide small traders and shop owners with a safety mechanism from accidents due to Fire, Floods, Earthquake, Burglary, Cash in kept in a safe, among others.
my:Credit Personal Accident Insurance group policy:
i.It provides a total sum insured of up to Rs 1 crore subject to the credit limit of an individual cardholder for a tenure of 1 year.
ii.Eligibility: Adults between the age group of 18 to 60 years are eligible, it is customised and its benefits are exclusively made for Visa customers.
About HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company:
It is a ‘Digital First’ insurance company, formed by a joint venture between Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (HDFC) and ERGO International AG, insurance entity of the Munich Re Group of Germany.
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Ritesh Kumar
>>Read Full News
Paytm To Launch India’s Largest IPO, Aims To Raise $3 Billion
Digital payments provider Paytm is going to launch its Initial Public Offering (IPO) and raise about $3 billion (around Rs 21,800 crore) , which would be India’s largest IPO debut ever.
- Paytm backed by Softbank commonly called One97 Communications Private Limited has targeted around $25 Billion to $ 30 Billion from an IPO.It is 1.5-1.8 times the current valuation of $16 billion.
- Paytm IPO will break the record of Coal India Limited IPO offering which raised more than Rs 15000 crore that was launched in 2010.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
SpiceHealth won the Gold Stevie Award 2021
Gurgaon based Spice Healthcare Pvt. Ltd(SpiceHealth), the healthcare arm of Spicejet launched in 2020, won the Gold Stevie Award 2021 for ‘Most Valuable Medical Innovation’ at the 2021 Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards under the Covid-19 response category. Stevies is a Greek word for ‘crowned’.
- SpiceHealth was the first organisation to introduce the concept of mobile testing laboratories in remote areas in containment zones and in villages with no access to hospitals and medical facilities.
- The Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards are the only business award program to recognise innovation in the workplace across 29 countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The winners of the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards 2021 will be honoured at a virtual award ceremony on 14th July 2021.
Hong Kong’s Tsang Yin-Hung became the Fastest Female Climber to Reach the Peak of Mount Everest
Tsang Yin-Hung from Hong Kong broke the record and became the fastest female climber to reach the peak of Mount Everest, she scaled the peak in 25 hours 50 minutes, (the shortest time taken by any woman).
- She beat the record set by Nepali woman Phunjo Jhangmu Lama in 2017, who climbed Everest in 39 hours and 6 minutes. In 2017, Tsang became the 1st Hong Kong woman to reach the peak.
i.Arthur Muir, 75, became the oldest American to climb the Mount Everest – at 8,848.86-metres (29,031 feet). Muir beat the record set by Bill Burke, who became the oldest American to climb the mountain at the age of 67 in 2009.
ii.Nepal has issued a record 408 Everest permits for the 2021 climbing season as 2020’s season was cancelled due to COVID-19.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Adar Poonawalla Becomes Chairman Of Magma Fincorp
i.Adar Poonawalla is currently the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Serum Institute of India, the maker of Oxford University-AstraZeneca Covishield vaccine in India.
ii.Adar Poonawalla controlled Rising Sun Holdings (RSH) by acquiring the controlling stake through an equity infusion of Rs.3,456 crore.
iii.The rebranding of Magma Fincorp Limited as a Poonawalla Group firm is underway.
Magma Fincorp Limited has also appointed Mr. Abhay Bhutada as the Managing Director(MD) and Vijay Deshwal as the CEO at Magma Fincorp who will take charge from the first week of July.
- Vijay Deshwal will also be the Group CEO of Poonawalla Group’s financial services business.
- Vijay Deshwal, is currently the business head at ICICI bank.
Justice Arun Kumar Mishra Appointed as the Chairperson of NHRC
On June 2, 2021, Former Justice of Supreme Court, Arun Kumar Mishra appointed as the Chairperson of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India. He was appointed as the Chairperson for a period of 3 years.
He succeeds Justice Prafulla Pant, who has been serving as the interim Chairperson of NHRC. Before Prafulla Pant, former Chief Justice of India (CJI), H L Dattu served as the Chairperson of NHRC & retired from the post on December 2020.
About Arun Kumar Mishra:
i.He served as the Judge in Supreme Court from 2014 to 2020.
ii.He earlier served as the Justice of the Rajasthan and Calcutta high courts.
Gist about National Human Rights Commission (NHRC):
- After amending the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993 in 2019, the eligibility criteria for the post of chairperson of NHRC and state human rights commissions were revised.
- With this amendment, Justice/Former Justice of Supreme Court can also be appointed as the chairperson of NHRC. Before this amendment, Chief Justice of India (CJI) can only be appointed as the chairperson of NHRC.
About National Human Rights Commission (NHRC):
Established – 12 October, 1993
Headquarter – New Delhi
Isaac Herzog Elected as the 11th President of Israel
- He will replace the outgoing President Reuven Rivlin on 9th July 2021.
- He will be serving as the 11th President of Israel for a period of 7 years.
Isaac Herzog won against Miriam Peretz with the support of 87 lawmakers in the 120 member house. Miriam Peretz received 27 votes.
About Isaac Herzog:
i.Isaac Herzog, son of former President Chaim Herzog who served as the President between 1983 and 1993.
ii.He started his career as the Cabinet Secretary to Prime Minister Ehud Barak between 1999 and 2000.
iii.He has served as a lawmaker in Knesset between 2003 and 2018.
Prime Minister– Benjamin Netanyahu
Currency– Israeli new shekel
Tennis: Novak Djokovic won his 83rd Career Title at 2021 Belgrade Open
2021 Belgrade Open:
- The Belgrade Open part of the Association of Tennis Professionals(ATP) Tour 250 Tennis Tournament.
- 2021 Belgrade open is an outdoor clay courts tournament.
- Belgrade Open 2021 is the first edition of the event created due to the one-week delay of the 2021 French Open.
- Belgrade Open was established in 2021 and organised with a single year licence in 2021.
Jonathan Erlich and Andrei Vasilevski, Israeli-Belarusian team won the doubles title at the Belgrade open by defeating Sweden’s Andre Goransson and Rafael Matos.
About Novak Djokovic:
i.Novak Djokovic has won a total of 83 ATP singles titles which includes 18 Grand Slam singles titles, five ATP Finals titles, and a joint-record 36 ATP Tour Masters 1000 titles tie with Rafael Nadal.
ii.Novak Djokovic was ranked World No 1 by the ATP in July 2011.
About Association of Tennis Professionals(ATP):
CEO– Massimo Calvelli
Headquarters– London, United Kingdom
Achinta Sheuli Bags Silver at 2021 World Junior Weightlifting Championship
Indian weightlifter Achinta Sheuli from West Bengal has bagged a silver medal in the men’s 73kg category at the International Weightlifting Federation’s Junior World Weightlifting Championships 2021 held at Tashkent, Uzbekistan as well as he broke three national records. Sheuli lifted a total of 313 kg, 141kg in snatch and then 172kg in clean and jerk At the gold level qualifying event for the upcoming Tokyo Olympics.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Salman Rushdie Authored a New Book Titled “Languages of Truth: Essays 2003-2020”
The book was published by Penguin Random House.
About the Book:
i.The book provides the analytical views of the author on the evolution of literature and culture.
ii.He explores the work of authors from Shakespeare and Cervantes to Samuel Beckett, Eudora Welty, and Toni Morrison mean to him.
About Salman Rushdie:
i.Salman Rushdie is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters and a Distinguished Writer in Residence at New York University.
ii.He is a former president of PEN American Center.
iii.In 2007, He was made a Knight Bachelor by Queen Elizabeth II.
iv.He has authored around 14 novels, published 4 works of nonfiction and co-edited 2 anthologies.
World Bicycle Day 2021 – June 3
The UN declared the 3rd June as World Bicycles day to highlight the benefits of cycling and to acknowledge the versatility, uniqueness and longevity of the two-wheeler
i.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/72/272 on 12th April 2018 and proclaimed the 3rd June of every year as World Bicycle Day.
ii.The First World Bicycle Day was observed on 3rd June 2018.
About United Nations General Assembly(UNGA):
President– Volkan Bozkir
Headquarters– New York, United States
>>Read Full News
Goa Govt Constitutes State Planning Body “GIFT”;CM of Goa appointed as Chairman of GIFT
i.It will be backed up with Article 309 of the Constitution of India for attaining autonomy.
ii.GIFT was earlier named as “State Institution for Transforming Goa (SIT-Goa)”.
- The functioning of GIFT is to be on par with the NITI Aayog.
- It will assist, advise and guide the government on policy making, its formulation and implementation.
- It will also help in monitoring sustainable development goals and evaluation of several development plans, programmes and schemes.
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 4 June 2021|
|1||Govt Revised the Target year to Achieve ‘20% Ethanol-Blending to Petrol’ to 2023 from 2025|
|2||NITI Aayog Released SDGs India Index 2020-21; Kerala Retains 1st Spot|
|3||Cabinet Approval on June 2, 2021|
|4||Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare signed MoU with four institutions: Narendra Singh Tomar|
|5||A Report Titled ‘One year of INDIAai’ Released|
|6||AIRINC Global 150 Cities Index – Manama tops in Financial Attractiveness Ranking for 3rd Consecutive time|
|7||2021 P4G Seoul Summit Global held as 2-day virtual event; Hosted by the Republic of Korea|
|8||“Global Pandemic Radar” a Pathogen Surveillance Network by UK|
|9||Microsoft Launched The First Ever Asia-Pacific Cybersecurity Council|
|10||ICICI Bank Became the 1st in Asia-Pacific, 2nd Globally to offer ‘SWIFT gpi Instant’ Facility|
|11||SCNL Became 1st MFI in India to Integrate NPCI’s UPI AutoPay|
|12||Bharti Axa Life Entered Into Bancassurance Partnership With Shivalik SFB|
|13||Edelweiss Strengthens Co-Lending Partnership With Central Bank Of India For MSMEs|
|14||HDFC ERGO Partners with Visa to Provide Specialized Insurance Policies|
|15||Paytm To Launch India’s Largest IPO, Aims To Raise $3 Billion|
|16||SpiceHealth won the Gold Stevie Award 2021|
|17||Hong Kong’s Tsang Yin-Hung became the fastest female climber to reach the peak of Mount Everest|
|18||Adar Poonawalla Becomes Chairman Of Magma Fincorp|
|19||Former Supreme Court judge Arun Kumar Mishra takes over as NHRC chief|
|20||Isaac Herzog Elected as the 11th President of Israel|
|21||Tennis: Novak Djokovic won his 83rd Career Title at 2021 Belgrade Open|
|22||Achinta Sheuli bags silver at World Junior Weightlifting Championship|
|23||Salman Rushdie Authored a New Book Titled “Languages of Truth: Essays 2003-2020”|
|24||World Bicycle Day 2021 – June 3|
|25||Goa Govt Constitutes State Planning Body “GIFT”|