AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 31 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which of the following Institute has topped the 3rd edition of Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2021 & also recognized as the Most Innovative Educational Institute in India for the 3rd consecutive year?
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Bombay
3) IIT Delhi
4) IISc Bengaluru
5) IIT Kanpur
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) IIT Madras
IIT Madras has topped the 3rd edition of ARIIA 2021 followed by IIT Bombay & IIT Delhi.
i. IIT Madras was recognized as the Most Innovative Educational Institute in India for the 3rd consecutive year.
ii. Seven IITs are among the top 10 CFTIs. Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru (Karnataka) ranked 6th among them.
iii. ARIIA 2021 classified participating institutions into two major categories Technical & Non-technical.
Note- ARIIA is an initiative of the Union Education Ministry to rank systematically all major higher education Institutes in India.
- Name the Digital Books that were recently (in Dec’21) released by Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) of NITI Aayog?
1) The Ingenious Tinkerers
2) Innovations for You
3) Innovative thinker
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Both 1 & 2
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) of NITI Aayog released the digital books – ‘The Ingenious Tinkerers’ and the 2nd edition of ‘Innovations for You’.
i. The 2nd edition of The ‘Innovations for You’ is a compendium of innovations in Agriculture and allied sectors.
ii. The book ‘The Ingenious Tinkerers’ is a compendium on the innovations in technology, featuring 41 innovations from Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL).
Note- The 1st edition of ‘Innovations for You’ was released in October 2021, with main focus on Health Care.
- Which state has renamed one of its railway stations as ‘Veerangana Laxmibai Railway Station’ in the remembrance of Rani Laxmibai?
2) West Bengal
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) Madhya Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Uttar Pradesh
Yogi Adityanath, CM of UP has announced that the government of UP has renamed the Jhansi Railway Station, in Jhansi, UP as “Veerangana Laxmibai Railway Station” after Rani Laxmibai, the Maharani consort of the Maratha princely state of Jhansi.
About Uttar Pradesh:
Governor– Anandiben Patel
- In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 3 of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 ____ Ministry extended the entire State of Nagaland as a “disturbed area” for _________ months with effect from December 30, 2021.
1) Ministry of Home Affairs; 6 months
2) Ministry of Defence; 1 year
3) Ministry of Home Affairs; 8 months
4) Ministry of Law & Justice; 1 year
5) Ministry of Defence; 6 months
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 1) Ministry of Home Affairs; 6 months
In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 3 of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA), 1958, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) declared the entire Nagaland as a ‘disturbed area’ for six more months. (December 30, 2021 till June 30, 2022)
i. This decision came days after the Union Government constituted a 7-member high-level committee headed by secretary-level officer Vivek Joshi to examine the possibility of withdrawing the controversial AFSPA, 1958 from Nagaland.
- In December 2021, which country became the 4th new member of the New Development Bank?
5) Sri Lanka
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Egypt
Egypt joined as the 4th new member of the New Development Bank (NDB) that was established by BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South-Africa) in 2015.
President – Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi
Capital – Cairo
Currency – Egyptian Pound (EGP)
- Which Bank recently (in Dec’21) signed a MoU with Schwing Stetter India to Offer Customized Financial Solutions?
1) YES Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) Federal Bank
5) Axis Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer- 4) Federal Bank
The Federal Bank signed a MoU with Schwing Stetter (India) Ltd to offer customized financial solutions to their customers.
i. The MoU was signed by Harsh Dugar, Group President and Country Head, Wholesale Banking, Federal Bank, and V G Sakthi Kumar Managing Director, Schwing Stetter India Pvt Ltd.
About Federal Bank:
Establishment – April 23, 1931
Headquarters – Aluva, Kerala
MD & CEO – Shyam Srinivasan
Tagline – Your Perfect Banking Partner
- In December 2021, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) announced that Insurance intermediaries can maintain _________ in Banks for reinsurance business & requirements.
1) Current Account
2) Saving Accounts
3) Fixed deposit account
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Current Account
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) announced that insurance intermediaries and their entities can maintain current accounts in various banks to meet regulatory requirements and reinsurance business.
Note – IRDAI circular has stated that the insurance intermediaries are maintaining multiple current accounts with banks at different operational levels (branch offices, corporate offices, etc), for regulatory and other purposes.
- Who was recently (in Dec’21) replaced Dr Pankaj Sharma as India’s Ambassador to the UN Conference on Disarmament in Geneva?
1) Sripriya Ranganathan
2) Arun Singh
3) Taranjit Singh Sandhu
4) Pankaj Sharma
5) Anupam Ray
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Anupam Ray
Senior diplomat Dr Anupam Ray has been appointed as India’s next permanent representative (PR) or Ambassador to the UN Conference on Disarmament (CD) in Geneva, Switzerland. He is currently serving as the joint secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
Dr Anupam Ray replaces Dr Pankaj Sharma, while in December 2021 Dr Pankaj Sharma has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Mexico.
- Ross Taylor recently (in Dec’21) announced his Retirement from International Cricket after 2 Test Series in March 2022. Ross Taylor belongs to which country?
2) South Africa
3) New Zealand
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) New Zealand
Senior cricket player of New Zealand, Ross Taylor announces to retire from international cricket after playing in the Two-Test series against Bangladesh and his last ODIs against Australia and the Netherlands in March 2022.
i. Ross Taylor was the World’s 1st player to play 100 international matches in all 3 formats of cricket & he was also former captain of the New Zealand national team.
ii. He also holds the record of most catches by a New Zealand cricketer 346 catches & scored most hundreds (40) for New Zealand.
iii. He is one of the only four New Zealand cricketers to play 100 test matches, after Daniel Vettori , Stephen Fleming , and Brendon McCullum.
- Who was recently (in Dec’21) appointed as the ‘New Chief Secretary’ of Uttar Pradesh by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet?
1) Amir Subhani
2) S.S. Sandhu
3) Durga Shankar Mishra
4) Manoj Joshi
5) Rajendra Kumar Tiwari
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Durga Shankar Mishra
The Housing & Urban Affairs Secretary of India, Durga Shankar Mishra got approval from the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT), the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet to take charge as the new Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh.
i. He will succeed Rajendra Kumar Tiwari, the present Chief Secretary of UP, who is due to retire in February 2023.
Note- The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions announced Manoj Joshi to be the New Housing and Urban Affairs Secretary upon superannuation of Durga Shankar Mishra.