AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which insurance scheme recently (in Mar’21) converged with Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY (Pradhan Mantri-Jan Arogya Yojana) in 113 districts of 4 States?
1) Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana
2) Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme
3) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
4) National Agricultural Insurance Scheme
5) Employees State Insurance SchemeAnswer-5) Employees State Insurance Scheme
Minister of State for Labor & Employment, Santosh Gangwar launched the convergence of the ESI (Employees State Insurance) Scheme with Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY (Pradhan Mantri-Jan Arogya Yojana) in 113 districts of 4 States – Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh & Maharashtra.
- Where did Indian Navy (in Feb’21) commissioned, INS Karanj, India’s 3rd Indigenous Scorpene class submarine that was constructed by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd?
1) Kochi, Kerala
2) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
3) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
4) Mumbai, Maharashtra
5) Mormugao, GoaAnswer-4) Mumbai, Maharashtra
On 10th March 2021, the Indian Naval Ship(INS) Karanj, India’s 3rd Indigenous Scorpene class submarine was commissioned into the India Navy at the Naval Dockyard, Mumbai, Maharashtra. The INS Karanj, a class of diesel-electric attack submarines designed by the Naval Group of France, was constructed at the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited.
- By which year Indian Fintech Sector is expected to reach a valuation of USD 150-160 Billion, as per the report: ‘India FinTech: A USD 100 Bn Opportunity’ released by Boston Consulting Group (BCG) & FICCI?
5) 2030Answer-3) 2025
According to the report ‘India FinTech: A USD 100 Bn Opportunity’ released by Boston Consulting Group (BCG) & Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), India’s Fintech Sector is expected to reach a valuation of USD 150-160 Billion by 2025. In order to meet the target, India’s fintech sector will need investments of up to USD 20-25 Billion over the next five years (2021-25).
- Where was the 3-day long “Hearth” festival celebrated?
2) Jammu & Kashmir
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) MizoramAnswer-2) Jammu & Kashmir
Three day long Maha Shivaratri festival, locally known as “Hearth” festival is celebrated across the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K). Pandit Community across J&K celebrated the festival with religious offerings “Watak Nath Pooja”. The festival marks the wedding of Lord Shiva with Goddess Parvati.
- In which country the 1st of its kind India Energy Office (IEO) was inaugurated (in Mar’21), that aims at expanding bilateral investment in the Energy Sector?
5) Saudi ArabiaAnswer-1) Russia
On 2nd March 2021, A 1st of its kind India Energy Office (IEO) was inaugurated by Tarun Kapoor, Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas at Russia’s landmark Federation Tower in Moscow. India’s top 5 eminent oil companies – ONGC Videsh, IndianOil, GAIL, Oil India Ltd and Engineers India Ltd will use this as a common platform to expand cross investment in the Energy Sector.
- What is the theme of the 29th Edition of New Delhi World Book Fair 2021 that was held virtually in March 2021?
1) Indigenous Voices: Mapping India’s Folk & Tribal Literature
2) Books for Readers with Special Needs
3) Gandhi: The Writers’ Writer
4) Mujibur Rahman 100th birth anniversary
5) National Education Policy-2020Answer-5) National Education Policy-2020
Union Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated the 29th Edition of New Delhi World Book Fair 2021 – Virtual Edition. The fair was held from March 6-9, 2021. The theme of the book fair was ‘National Education Policy-2020’. The New Delhi World Book Fair is organized by the National Book Trust.
- Google honoured “India’s Satellite Man” with a doodle on his 89th birth anniversary. Who is popularly known as “India’s Satellite Man”?
1) Udupi Ramachandra Rao
2) Satish Dhawan
3) Vikram Sarabhai
4) Homi J. Bhabha
5) A. P. J. Abdul KalamAnswer-1) Udupi Ramachandra Rao
Google has honoured ‘India’s Satellite Man’ Udupi Ramachandra Rao with doodle on his 89th birth anniversary, who was an Indian space scientist and chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) between 1984-94, supervised the 1975 launch of India’s first satellite “Aryabhata.”
- Which country partnered with Australia in conducting the World’s 1st trial on producing Hydrogen from Brown Coal?
5) JapanAnswer-5) Japan
In a World-first trial, a Japan-Australia venture has started to produce Hydrogen from Brown Coal. The production is taking place at the Hydrogen Energy Supply Chain (HESC) coal-to-hydrogen plant in Brown Coal Reserves in the state of Victoria, Australia. Brown Coal is considered the lowest rank of coal due to its low energy content. The Victoria state in Australia is home to a Quarter of World’s known brown coal reserves. The project will help Japan in meeting its target of net zero carbon emission by 2050.
- Which Insurance company recently (in Mar’21) partnered with InterMiles to provide a new Domestic Travel Insurance scheme that provides Zero Cancellation Charges on bookings?
1) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
2) IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
3) Edelweiss General Insurance
4) Bharti AXA General Insurance
5) Royal Sundaram General InsuranceAnswer-3) Edelweiss General Insurance
On March 10, 2021, India’s 1st cloud-native insurers, Edelweiss General Insurance in partnership with InterMiles (leading travel and lifestyle rewards programme) launched Edelweiss Group Domestic Travel Insurance. Customers booking tickets on InterMiles to travel anywhere in India can use this policy by paying a nominal amount at the time of booking. Cancellation of the booking could be done easily, using the policy with Zero cancellation charges.
- Recently (in Mar’21), SEBI formed a Group of Experts under its Primary Market Advisory Committee (PMAC) to check the feasibility to implement SPACs. What does SPACs stand for?
1) Simultaneous Problem Avoidance Corporations
2) Specified Problem Avoidance Companies
3) Special Purpose Acquisition Companies
4) Special Purchase & Acquisition Corporations
5) Simultaneous Purchase & Acquisition CompaniesAnswer-3) Special Purpose Acquisition Companies
On March 11, 2021, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) had formed the Group of Experts under its Primary Market Advisory Committee (PMAC) to check the feasibility to implement Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs) like structures in India.
· SPACs are blank-cheque companies, which have no operations or business plans when they seek investor money.
· The traditional way of raising money via Initial Public Offering (IPO) is Tedious, whereas SPACs consume less time than IPO for an organization to acquire the target company.