AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In June 2021, ___________________ released an Overview of India’s Export Growth of Agriculture, Organic & Tea during FY 2020-21, where ___________ witnessed the highest ever export level of USD 4 billion.
1) Directorate General of Foreign Trade; Tea
2) Department of Commerce; Spices
3) Directorate General of Foreign Trade; Spices
4) NITI Aayog; Tea
5) Department of Commerce; Tea
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Department of Commerce; Spices
Overview of India’s Export Growth of Agriculture, Organic & Tea during FY 2020-21, released by Dr Anup Wadhawan, Secretary, Department of Commerce, Government of India
i.During 2020-21, export of spices touched the highest ever level of around USD 4 billion during 2020-21.
ii.India tea exports in 2020-21 fell in respect of both volume and value.
- Which organisation released the “The Costs of Climate Change in India: a review of the climate-related risks facing India, and their economic and social costs” report?
1) United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs
2) United States Agency for International Development
3) Overseas Development Institute
4) The Energy and Resources Institute
5) Centre for Environment Education
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Overseas Development Institute
The report ‘The Costs of Climate Change in India: a review of the climate-related risks facing India, and their economic and social costs’ released by the Overseas Development Institute(ODI), stated the possibility for India to lose 3-10% of its GDP annually by 2100 due to climate change.
- Which organisation established Koita Centre for Digital Health (KCDH), a 1st of its kind Digital Health & Wellness Center?
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Bombay
3) IISc Bangalore
4) NIT Raipur
5) NIT Trichy
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) IIT Bombay
IIT Bombay established the Koita Centre for Digital Health (KCDH), India’s first of its kind Center for Digital Health with the contribution from the Koita Foundation.
- In June 2021, India released a commemorative postage stamp to mark its 70th anniversary of diplomatic relations with which country?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Germany
Foreign Secretary Harsh V Shringla released a commemorative postage stamp to mark the 70th anniversary of Indo-German diplomatic relations.
Prime Minister: Angela Merkel
- There was an estimated fall of 9% in the GDP of Small Island Developing States in 2020 due to COVID-19, as per the ‘Development and Globalization: Facts and Figures’ report. Name the organisation that released the report
1) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
2) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
3) International Monetary Fund
4) World Trade Organization
5) United Nations Economic and Social Council
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
According to the 2021 edition of UNCTAD’s (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development) ‘Development and Globalization: Facts and Figures’ report, due to pandemic, Small Island Developing States (SIDS) experienced an estimated fall in GDP of 9% in 2020, compared with a 3.3% decline in other developing countries.
- Which country virtually participated alongside India (in June’21) in the 1st meeting of the Joint Working Group (JWG) on Cyber Security Cooperation?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Australia
At the 1st meeting of the Joint Working Group (JWG) on Cyber Security Cooperation, held virtually on June 10, 2021, India and Australia agreed to broad-base cooperation in the areas of the digital economy and cyber-enabled critical technologies.
i.They discussed on enhancing the security of critical information infrastructures such as 5G telecom networks and IoT
- Identify the Banks that were listed by NITI Aayog for privatization in FY22:
i. Bank of India
ii. Central Bank of India
iii. Canara Bank
iv. Indian Overseas Bank
1) Only i & iv
2) Only i & iii
3) Only ii, iii & iv
4) Only i, iii & iv
5) Only ii & iv
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Only ii & iv
NITI Aayog has recommended the names of Central Bank of India and Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) for privatization in the current fiscal (2021-22), as part of the disinvestment target of Rs 1.75 lakh crore for FY22, announced in the Union Budget 2021-22.
- What is India’s GDP growth rate projected as per the (June’21) forecast of the Information and Credit Rating Agency of India (ICRA)?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) 8.5%
The Information and Credit Rating Agency of India Limited (ICRA), projected India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth in FY22 at 8.5% due to decline in COVID-19 cases and easing of restrictions.
- Who received the Asia Pacific Productivity Champion 2020 award from Asian Productivity Organization in June 2021?
1) R S Sodhi
2) Verghese Kurien
3) Sam Pitroda
4) Nirmala Kurien
5) R Nantha Gopal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) R S Sodhi
RS Sodhi, Managing Director(MD) of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation(GCMMF), Ltd., (AMUL) was honoured with the Asia Pacific Productivity Champion 2020, the regional award of Asian Productivity Organization (APO), Tokyo, Japan.
i.R S Sodhi became the first Indian to receive this award in the past 20 years.
- Who was re-appointed by RBI (in June’21) as the part-time Chairman of ICICI Bank?
1) Sandeep Bakhshi
2) Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
3) Atanu Chakraborty
4) Hari L. Mundra
5) Rakesh Makhija
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
RBI approved the re-appointment of Girish Chandra Chaturvedi (GC Chaturvedi) as the part-time Chairman of ICICI Bank for a period of three years starting July 1, 2021.
About ICICI Bank:
Established – 1994
MD & CEO – Sandeep Bakhshi
Tagline – Hum Hai Na, Khayal Apka