AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 1,2 & 3 October 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs October 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which of the following points is/are ‘correct’ with respect to the amendment of Cable Television Network(CTN) Rules of 1994 by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) in September 2023?
A) The Multi-System Operators (MSOs) will be required to submit their registration or renewal applications online through Broadcast Seva Portal of MIB.
B) The Registrations for MSOs will be approved or renewed for a duration of 5 years.
C) A processing fee of Rs. One lakh will be applicable for the renewal of registration.
1) Only A
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-4) Only A & C
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) issued a notification amending the Cable Television Network(CTN) Rules of 1994. Moreover, a new provision has been added, enabling Cable Operators to share infrastructure with Broadband Service providers.
This amendment introduces a formal procedure for the renewal of registrations for Multi-System Operators (MSOs). This significant change updates the rules which previously only allowed for fresh registrations.
i. Following are the amended rules:
MSOs will be required to submit their registration or renewal applications online through Broadcast Seva Portal of MIB.
Registrations for MSOs will be approved or renewed for a duration of ten years.
A processing fee of Rs. One lakh will be applicable for the renewal of registration.
Requests for the renewal of registration must be made within seven to two months prior to the expiration of the current registration.
- In September 2023, the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, increased the interest rate on the 5-year recurring deposit scheme to _________ from 6.5% for the 3rd quarter (October-December) of 2023-2024 (Q3FY24).
5) 6.7%Answer-5) 6.7%
The Department of Economic Affairs (DEA-Budget Division), Ministry of Finance, has increased the interest rate on the 5-year recurring deposit scheme by 20 basis points to 6.7% from 6.5% for the 3rd quarter (October-December) of 2023-2024 i.e. Q3FY24.
i. The rates of other small savings schemes remained unchanged. List of Interest Rates on Small Savings Schemes for Q3FY24.
ii. According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data, in FY23, household net financial savings rate hit a historic low at 5.1% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), down from 7.2% in FY22.
- What is India’s rank in the 16th edition of the Global Innovation Index (2023) published by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in September 2023?
5) 25thAnswer-2) 40th
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), an agency of the United Nations, published the 16th edition of the Global Innovation Index (2023). India retains 40th rank among 132 economies.
While Switzerland secured the top spot in the rankings, with Sweden and the United States of America (USA) following closely.
Notably, India has made significant progress, climbing 26 places from its 2013 ranking when it stood at 66th place. India was at 81st place in 2015.
NITI Aayog, in partnership with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and WIPO, has hosted the virtual India Launch of Global Innovation Index (GII) on September 29, 2023.
Published annually, It reveals the ranking of this year’s most innovative economies in the world amongst 132 economies and localizes the top 100 science and technology innovation clusters.
- In September 2023, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) announced the approval of capital management reforms that unlocked USD ______________in fresh funding capacity over the next decades for financing projects in the Asia-Pacific region.
1) 500 billion
2) 300 billion
3) 100 billion
4) 400 billion
5) 200 billionAnswer-3) 100 billion
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) announced the approval of capital management reforms that are set to release approximately USD($)100 billion in fresh funding capacity over the next decades for financing projects in the Asia-Pacific region.
People in Asia and the Pacific, especially those who are poor and vulnerable, are facing severe challenges due to escalating and interconnected crises.An estimated 155 million people, or 3.9% of the region’s population, lived in extreme poverty as per the report in 2022.
i. This funding is intended to tackle significant Asian challenges, notably climate change.
ii. These reforms were implemented by updating the ADB’s Capital Adequacy Framework (CAF).
iii. This represents a substantial increase of approximately USD10 billion, which representing about a 40% rise in the ADB’s capability to fund various projects, initiatives ,infrastructure, and other essential sectors in the Asia-Pacific region.
- In September 2023, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) extended the deadline for adding nominees to demat accounts and submitting PAN and KYC details for physical security holders until _____________.
1) 31st March 2024
2) 31st December 2023
3) 31st January 2024
4) 30th November 2023
5) 30th April 2024Answer-2) 31st December 2023
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) extended the deadline for adding nominees to demat accounts and submitting PAN and KYC details for physical security holders until December 31, 2023. SEBI also extended the nomination deadline specifically for mutual fund unit holders until January 1, 2024.
Extension Deadline for Current Demat Account Holders
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has announced an extension of the deadline for current demat account holders to select their nominees for an additional three months, now ending on December 31, 2023.
i.SEBI has extended the deadline to another three months for mutual fund account holders to nominate a beneficiary or opt out until January 1,2024. If investors fail to comply, their folios will be frozen with effect from January 1,2024.
Earlier, the deadline for existing mutual fund holders to provide a choice of nomination was September 30.
- In September 2023, International Finance Corporation(IFC) received approval from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to acquire upto 9.7% of the paid-up share capital of _________________ (Bank).
1) IndusInd Bank
2) Federal Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) Axis BankAnswer-2) Federal Bank
International Finance Corporation (IFC) has received approval from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to acquire upto 9.7% of the paid-up share capital or voting rights of the in Federal Bank Limited (subject to the conditions specified therein).
i. The approval has been granted by RBI with reference to the application made by IFC.
ii. The approval granted by RBI is subject to the compliance with the relevant provisions of the
Banking Regulation (BR) Act, 1949.
RBI’s Master Direction and Guidelines on Acquisition and Holding of Shares or Voting Rights in Banking Companies dated January 16, 2023 (as amended from time to time).
Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) 1999.
Regulation 30 of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015.
Any other guidelines, regulations and statutes as applicable.
- Which company has recently (in Sept ‘23) acquired India’s first Airbus A350-900 aircraft through a finance lease transaction with HSBC via the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City)?
3) Air India
5) Go FirstAnswer-3) Air India
On September 29, 2023, Tata Group owned Air India successfully acquired India’s first Airbus A350-900 aircraft by way of finance lease transaction with HSBC through AI Fleet Services Limited (AIFS), a 100% subsidiary of Air India, and a Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) International Financial Services Centre (IFSC)-registered finance company.
Air India is India’s first scheduled carrier to have acquired an aircraft from an entity registered in GIFT City.
It is also its first financing transaction from its orders for 470 aircraft that were made earlier in 2023.
i. Air India has placed orders for six A350-900 planes and five of them are scheduled for delivery through March 2024.
ii. Air India had signed purchase agreements to acquire these aircraft with Airbus and Boeing on the sidelines of the Paris Air Show held in June 2023.
- In September 2023, the Indian Air Force (IAF) inducted the first of six new Dornier Do-228 , 19 seater aircraft, manufactured by _______ (company).
1) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
2) Bharat Electronics Limited
3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
4) Bharat Dynamics Limited
5) Defence Research and Development OrganisationAnswer-3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
The Indian Air Force (IAF) inducted the first of six new Dornier Do-228, 19 seater aircraft, manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), a Public Sector Undertaking(PSU) under the Ministry of Defence(MoD).
About Dornier Do-228:
i. In March 2023, the MoD signed an agreement with HAL to manufacture these aircraft with a budget of Rs 667 crore.
ii. Dornier Do-228 aircraft has enhanced fuel efficiency engines, five-bladed composite propellers, advanced avionics, and a modern glass cockpit.
- When was the United Nations (UN) International Translation Day (ITD) 2023 observed across the globe with the theme of “Translation unveils the many faces of humanity”?
1) 28th September 2023
2) 30th September 2023
3) 27th September 2023
4) 29th September 2023
5) 26th September 2023Answer-2) 30th September 2023
The United Nations (UN) International Translation Day (ITD) 2023 was observed across the globe on 30th September 2023 with the theme of “Translation unveils the many faces of humanity”.
i. The annual theme of ITD is chosen by the Fédération Internationale des Traducteurs/International Federation of Translators (FIT).
ii. The first UN-recognised ITD was observed on 30 September 2017.
- In September 2023, ____________ became the 4th state in India to implement an e-cabinet (electronic cabinet) system to promote digital infrastructure development and digitization of government services and information.
5) West BengalAnswer-3) Tripura
Tripura Chief Minister(CM) Manik Saha launched an e-cabinet (electronic cabinet) system at Agartala, (the capital of) Tripura to promote digital infrastructure development and digitization of government services and information.
i. With this, Tripura has become the 4th state in India (after Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, and Arunachal Pradesh) and 2nd state in the northeast to implement the e-cabinet system.
ii. It is modelled on the e-cabinet system of Uttarakhand. The move is aligned with the Digital India initiative.