AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Which of the following Organizations recently (in Dec’21) signed an MoU with Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini- Nation First Policy Research Centre (RMP-NFPRC) to strengthen the development of Tribal Population?
2) National Cooperative Development Corporation
3) National Cooperative Union of India
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 1 & 3Answer-1) TRIFED
Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) signed a MoU with Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini- Nation First Policy Research Centre (RMP-NFPRC) to leverage knowledge, expertise and institutional strengths.
i. This MoU was signed to assess and review several government schemes like Van Dhan Yojana.
ii. Minimum Support Price for Minor Forest Produce (MSP for MFP) scheme, is another key scheme of TRIFED, established under ‘The Forest Rights Act’ of 2005 which aims to provide fair prices to tribal gatherers of forest produce.
- Which Company recently (in Dec’21) collaborated with SBI Cards & Payment Services Limited for Card Tokenization to Protect Cardholders’ Data in local & international transactions?
5) MobiKwikAnswer-2) Paytm
SBI Cards and Payment Services Limited (SBICPSL) has collaborated with Paytm to enable their cardholders to tokenize their cards on devices and make payments through Paytm.
i. This card tokenization facility is available only on Android NFC (near field communication) devices.
ii. Tokenization is the process of replacing the 16-digit payment card account number with a unique digital identifier known as a ‘token’ for mobile and online transactions.
About SBI Cards and Payment Services Limited (SBICPSL):
MD & CEO– Rama Mohan Rao Amara
Headquarters– Gurugram, Haryana
- Which of the following is/are identified as Domestic Systemically Important Insurers (D-SIIs) for 2021-22 by IRDAI?
1) Life Insurance Corporation of India
2) General Insurance Corporation of India
3) New India Assurance
4) Both 1 & 3
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) and New India Assurance continued to be identified by the Insurance Regulator and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) as Domestic Systemically Important Insurers (D-SIIs) for 2021-22.
• LIC, GIC, and New India Assurance were the D-SIIs from 2020-21.
- Name the company that recently (in Dec’21) launched “Digi Zone” in Mumbai to provide all insurance services online.
1) General Insurance Corporation of India
2) Life Insurance Corporation
3) The Oriental Insurance Company
4) National Insurance Company
5) New India AssuranceAnswer-2) Life Insurance Corporation
Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India has inaugurated “Digi Zone”, at Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai, Maharashtra, as part of its effort to enhance its digital footprint.
LIC’s Digi Zone can be used by the customers to purchase policies online, pay the premium and avail of other services.
- Government of India approved the issuance of 19th tranche of electoral bonds in January 2022.
Which of the following points are correct with respect to the Electoral Bonds?
A) The 19th tranche comes ahead of assembly elections in 5 states in 2022 – Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh & Goa.
B) State Bank of India is the only authorized bank to issue and encash electoral bonds through its 29 specialized branches
C) The Electoral Bond Scheme was introduced with the Finance Bill in 2017, later notified as the ‘Electoral Bond Scheme 2018’, making the 1st sale in March 2018.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer- 5) All A, B & C
Government approved the issuance of the 19th tranche of electoral bonds on the account of assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh & Goa.
i. State Bank of India is only authorized bank to issue and encash electoral bonds through its 29 specialized branches
ii. The Electoral Bond Scheme was introduced with the Finance Bill in 2017 while in 2018 it is notified as the ‘Electoral Bond Scheme 2018’, making the first sale in March 2018.
- In December 2021, CCI gave approval to Worldone Pvt Ltd for acquiring 96.42% stake in which Company?
1) Essar Steel India Ltd
2) VISA Steel Ltd
3) Tata Steel Ltd
4) Jindal Power Ltd
5) Bhushan Power & Steel LtdAnswer- 4) Jindal Power Ltd
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of a 96.42% stake in Jindal Power Limited (JPL) , a subsidiary of Jindal Steel & Power Limited (JSPL), by Worldone Private Limited.
i. The proposed combination is in line with JSPL’s strategic objective to bring down its debt and to reduce the firm’s carbon footprint as part of its broader ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) objectives.
ii. The Proposed Combination is notifiable to the CCI under Section 5 (a) of the Competition Act, 2002.
About Jindal Power Limited (JPL):
Chairman– Anil Kumar Jha
MD– Kamal Kumar Agarwal
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
- Which company recently (in Dec’21) signed an agreement to acquire 100% share in Faradion Limited for £100 million?
1) Tata Power Company Ltd
2) BSES Yamuna Power Ltd
3) Reliance New Energy Solar Ltd
4) Indraprastha Power Generation Company Ltd
5) Adani Power LtdAnswer-3) Reliance New Energy Solar Ltd
Reliance New Energy Solar Limited (RNESL) has signed a definitive agreement to acquire 100 % shareholding in Faradion Limited through secondary transactions for a total value of British Pound Sterling (GBP) 94.42 million based on an enterprise value of £100 million.
i. RNESL has also agreed to subscribe to new equity shares of Faradion for an aggregate of GBP 31.59 million.
ii. Reliance will use Faradion’s state-of-the-art technology at its proposed fully integrated energy storage giga-factory as part of the Dhirubhai Ambani Green Energy Giga Complex project at Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- Which Bank recently (in Dec’21) announced to acquire around 10% Stake in the India International Clearing Corporation (IICC)?
1) HDFC Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) YES BankAnswer-4) State Bank of India
State Bank of India (SBI) is set to acquire around 10% stake in the India International Clearing Corporation (IICC).
i. Under this Acquire, it will clear and settle index and single stock derivatives, currency derivatives and debt securities.
ii. SBI is expected to complete up to a 9.95% stake subject to a maximum investment of Rs 34.03 crore, in IICC by March 2022.
Note- IICC is the first international clearing corporation set up at GIFT-IFSC that acts as a central counterparty providing clearing and settlement and risk management services.
- Cricketer Quinton de Kock recently (in Dec’21) announced his retirement from Test Cricket. Which country did he represent in International Cricket?
1) West Indies
2) New Zealand
4) South Africa
5) AustraliaAnswer-4) South Africa
South African cricketer (wicketkeeper & Batsman) Quinton de Kock has announced his retirement from Test Cricket with immediate effect. He has committed to play international limited-overs cricket (white-ball cricket).
i. He has been twice named the South African Cricketer of the Year in 2017 and 2020.
ii. He has Captained the South African Cricket team (the Proteas) in One Day International (ODI) and T20I between 2018 and 2021.
- Who was appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Bihar by replacing Tripurari Sharan?
1) Rajeeva Swarup
2) Atul Prasad
3) P. Ravi Kumar
4) Amir Subhani
5) B. P. GopalikaAnswer-4) Amir Subhani
In accordance with the General Administration Department of Bihar’s notification, Amir Subhani, appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Bihar w.e.f. January 1, 2022 succeeding Tripurari Sharan who retires on December 31, 2021.
i. Prior to this, Amir Subhani was serving as Bihar’s development commissioner. He will retire in April 2024.