We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 8 December 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Union Minister Anurag Thakur inaugurates India’s first Drone Yatra in Chennai; Meghalaya Govt unveils Asia’s 1st Drone Delivery Hub
i.On December 6, 2022, the Union Minister Anurag Singh Thakur, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) and Minister of Information and Broadcasting, inaugurated India’s first Drone Skilling and Training Virtual E-Learning Platform in Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN).
ii.He also flagged off Garuda Aerospace Private Limited’s Drone Yatra at Agni College of Technology in Thalambur, TN, ‘Operation 777’ which envisages to educate and demonstrate the efficacy of drones for different agricultural uses across 777 districts in India.
iii.The Meghalaya government in partnership with startup TechEagle has unveiled Meghalaya Drone Delivery Network (MDDN) and hub which is Asia’s first drone delivery hub and network aimed at providing universal access to healthcare for 2.7 million people of Meghalaya.
About Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS):
Union Minister – Anurag Singh Thakur (Constituency- Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS)– Nisith Pramanik (Constituency- Coochbehar, West Bengal)
>> Read Full News
UNDP Helps Waste Segregation Workers To Access Government Schemes
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is helping workers of waste segregation sector to move into formal economy by helping them to access government welfare programmes.
- As a part of this initiative, UN Under-Secretary-General Usha Rao-Monari would distribute the `Jan Dhan’ account kits to waste segregation workers during her first visit to the India.
- UNDP’s plastic waste management programme.
- The opening of the`Jan Dhan’ accounts has been facilitated through the UNDP’s plastic waste management programme.
- The waste management promotes the collection, segregation, and recycling of all plastics to move towards a circular economy for the same.
Global Trade Growth to slowdown in 2023: WTO Barometer
According to the recent World Trade Organisation Goods Trade Barometer, global trade growth is expected to slow down in the last quarter of 2022 and in 2023 as countries experience significant challenges to their economies amid Ukraine-Russia war, high energy prices, and monetary tightening.
- The current goods trade Barometer index value is 96.2.
i.The barometer index is projected to decline due to the negative readings in sub-indices representing exports (91.7), air freight (93.3) and electronic components (91.0).
ii.he main exception is the automotive products index (103.8), which rose above trend due to stronger vehicle sales in the United States (US) and increased exports from Japan as supply conditions improved and as the yen continued to depreciate.
iii.The Goods Trade Barometer is a composite leading indicator for world trade, providing real-time information on the trajectory of merchandise trade relative to recent trends. Values greater than 100 signal above-trend expansion while values less than 100 indicate below-trend growth.
BANKING & FINANCE
ADB Partners with GoI to Provide USD 3 Million PRF Facility
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India (GoI) inked a USD 3 million Project Readiness Financing (PRF) agreement to assist preparatory operations for designing the “Agartala Municipal Infrastructure Development Project,” which aims to strengthen municipal infrastructure in priority areas of Agartala, Tripura.
- The agreement was signed by Rajat Kumar Mishra, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance (MoF), and Takeo Konishi, Country Director of ADB’s India Resident Mission.
- This partnership aims to support the Tripura Government in the development of municipal infrastructure, strengthen future investment-ready projects and improvising resource mobilization of the Agartala municipal Corporation.
i.The proposed project is consistent with the findings of the North East Economic Corridor (NEEC) study by the ADB.
- The study acknowledges Agartala’s crucial position as a key growth and border centre in fostering affluence and economic growth in the northeastern region.
ii.The ADB’s recent collaboration with Tripura to build urban infrastructure has shown significant infrastructure shortfalls in the city of Agartala.
iii.During the implementation of the PRF, measures for climate change adaptation and mitigation would be incorporated into the project design to guarantee compliance with India’s climate commitments.
About the Asian Development Bank (ADB):
President – Masatsugu Asakawa
Headquarters – Manila, Philippines
Establishment – 1966
Members – 68 members (49 from the region)
AFLI Launches Ageas Federal Life Insurance Criti Care Plan for 30 Critical IllnessOn 6th December 2022 Ageas Federal Life Insurance (AFLI) launched ‘Ageas Federal Life Insurance Criti Care Plan’, a comprehensive health insurance plan covering 30 critical illnesses and major diseases.
- This new policy provides a lump sum payment on the first diagnosis of the listed 30 critical illnesses, regardless of the actual amount spent on treatment.
i.The policy will benefit the insured people with bearing the costs of expensive treatment, recuperation and possible loss of income.
- The plan may also provide tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
ii.Eligibility – People with a minimum age of 18 years and a maximum of 65 years can take up the policy. The policy covers up to the age of 70 years.
iii.The term of the policy can be minimum of 5 years to a maximum of 10 years with 3 premium payment options including single pay, limited pay and regular pay.
About Ageas Federal Life Insurance (AFLI):
Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Vighnesh Shahane
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Establishment – 2007
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
World Bank upgrades India’s GDP Growth Forecast for FY23 to 6.9%; Fitch retains it at 7%i.The World Bank (WB) in its latest ‘India Development Update- Navigating the Storm’ raised its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast for India during FY23 to 6.9% from 6.5% in its October 2022 update. WB declined India’s FY23 forecast to 6.5% from 7.5% amid Russia-Ukraine War, rising global interest rates and high inflation.
ii.This is the first upgrade of India’s growth forecast by any international agency amid the global turmoil.
iii.However, India’s real GDP growth at constant market prices will be slower at 6.6% in the FY2023-24 as compared to 7% projected earlier.
iv.India’s real GDP growth at constant factor prices will be 6.4% in FY2023-24.
v.The Fitch Rating retained India’s growth forecast to 7% in FY23 amid stronger-than-expected outturn in its December edition of the Global Economic Outlook 2022.
About World Bank (WB):
President– David Robert Malpass
Headquarters– Washington D.C, United States (US)
>> Read Full News
Walmart & Flipkart Partners with NSIC to Support MSMEsOn 6th December 2022, Walmart and Flipkart partnered with the National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) to accelerate capacity building for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) across India.
- The MoU was signed at the Walmart Vriddhi Seller Summit, an event marking the milestone of 20,000 MSMEs having completed their training under the Walmart Vriddhi Supplier Development Programme (Walmart Vriddhi) in New Delhi.
- Swasti is a programme partner for the Walmart Vriddhi programme.
i.This partnership helps MSME to unlock export potential and also supports them in becoming a part of retail supply chains locally and globally.
ii.It will also enhance access to schemes offered by the NSIC and can also make use of learning resources provided by Vriddhi to MSMEs that are registered with the NSIC.
- The Walmart Vriddhi Supplier Development Programme included training, seminars and mentoring sessions which will be conducted regularly for MSMEs.
About National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC):
NSIC is a Government of India Enterprise under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MoMSME).
Chairman-cum-Manading Director (CMD) – Gaurang Dixit
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
Establishment – 1955
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Priyanka Chopra and 3 other Indians featured in BBC’s 100 Women list 2022
4 Indian Women, Actress and producer, Priyanka Chopra Jonas; Sirisha Bandla, Aeronautical engineer; Booker-winning author Geetanjali Shree and Social Worker Sneha Jawale, are featured on the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)’s 100 Women list 2022, a list of 100 inspiring and influential women from around the world for 2022.
About BCC’s 100 Women list:
i.The 2022 list marks the 10th season of the 100 Women. This list The list celebrates the achievements of women internationally, from grassroots volunteers to global leaders.
ii.The 2022 list reflects the role of women at the heart of conflict around the world in 2022.
iii.For the 1st time, the BBC asked the previous 100 Women laureate to nominate the women they feel deserve a place on the 2022 list .
Chairman– Richard Sharp
Headquarters– London, United Kingdom
>> Read Full News
Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone & Armand Duplantis Named World Athletes of the Year 2022American hurdler and 2022 World champion Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone and Swedish pole vaulter and current Olympic and World champion Armand Mondo Duplantis have been named the World Athletes of the Year 2022 by Global Sports governing body the World Athletics.
- McLaughlin-Levrone broke the world women’s 400 m hurdles record twice and Mondo Duplantis has set three new world records in 2022.
About Mondo Duplantis:
i.The United States (US) born Mondo Duplantis claimed this award for the second time in 3 years with 3 world records in 2022.
- He has won 18 victories in 19 competitions, and vaulted six metres or higher 23 times, making him the best in the world.
- He is the first pole vaulter to collect gold at the Olympics, World Championships, World Indoor Championships, World Junior Championships, World Youth Championships and European Championships.
About Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone:
i.McLaughlin-Levrone broke the world 400m hurdles record on two occasions and won two gold medals at the World Athletics Championships in World Athletics Championships Oregon22.
ii.She secured her debut individual senior world title in the World Championships, finishing the race at 50.68. Following this, she also became the anchor of the US team, which won the 4x400m race.
- Adriana Vilagos recorded 15 top-three finishes out of the 16 javelin competitions she competed in.
- She participated in 9 international tournaments between 2021 and 2022 and won 6 gold and 3 silver medals.
- He won the bronze medal in the men’s 200-meter at the 2022 World Athletics Championships in Eugene, Oregon.
- He was the youngest winner of a Diamond League race when he won the 200-meter event during the 2022 Diamond League in Brussels.
President’s Award – Ukrainian Athletic Association
Coaching Achievement Award – Gennadii Zuiev (Ukraine)
Woman of the Year Award – Donna Fraser (Former sprinter represents Great Britain and England)
Member Federations Award – Confederacao Brasileira de Atletismo (Brazil)
World Athletics Photograph of the Year – Martin Rickett’s photograph of a steeplechase fall in Oregon
South Korea’s Mina Sue Choi Crowned Miss Earth 2022On 29th November 2022, South Korea’s Mina Sue Choi was crowned Miss Earth 2022 at the Okada Manila in Parañaque, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- It is the 1st significant pageant victory for South Korea after 20 years of participation in the Miss Earth competition.
- Miss Earth 2022 is the 22nd edition of the Miss Earth pageant.
- Mina Sue Choi succeeded Destiny Wagner of Belize, Miss Earth 2021.
i. Miss Earth 2022 was hosted by Filipino-British television host and automotive journalist James Deakin for the 6th consecutive time.
- The event was anchored by Miss Earth 2015 Angelia Ong, Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco and Miss Earth 2019 Nellys Pimentel.
ii. Among the 86 Eco-Warriors, 3 other queens were awarded the pageant’s 3 elemental titles.
- Miss Fire 2022– Andrea Aguilera of Colombia,
- Miss Water 2022– Nadeen Ayoub of Palestine,
- Miss Air 2022– Sheridan Mortlock of Australia.
iii. In addition, Mina Sue Choi won a few medals in the pre-pageant competitions for resort wear, long gowns, beach wear, and swimsuits.
- Vanshika Parmar of Nadaun, Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh), was crowned as Miss Earth India 2022.
- The 1st Indian to win the Miss Earth title was Nicole Faria in 2010.
About Mina Sue Choi:
i. Mina Sue Choi was born on 24th March 1997, in Sydney, Australia. She is a well-known singer and dancer professionally.
ii. She is a communications major at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Champaign–Urbana, Illinois, and the 1st runner-up for Miss Korea 2021 (Sun), together with Kim Su-jin.
About Miss Earth:
i. Miss Earth is an annual international prominent beauty contest held in the Philippines that promotes social responsibility, environmental awareness, and environmental conservation.
ii. The Miss Earth beauty pageant was launched in 2001 and organized by Carousel Productions Inc.
iii. The aim of this vent was to have its contestants and winners actively advocate and get involved in the conservation of Mother Earth.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Uttarakhand Appoints Padma Shri Awardee Prasoon Joshi as its Brand AmbassadorThe Uttarakhand government has appointed Padma Shri awardee Prasoon Joshi, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) of McCann Worldgroup India as its brand ambassador.
About Prasoon Joshi:
i.Prasoon Joshi is a lyricist, writer and artist native of Almora, Uttarakhand. He is currently serving as the Chairman of the Central Board of Film Certification (Censor Board).
ii.He has written the script for Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, the 2013 award-winning film and has also written the lyrics for songs in Bollywood movies including Rang De Basanti, Fanaa and Taare Zameen Par.
iii.He had worked with brand-building for other global as well as Indian brands including Britannia, Saffola, Dabur, Paytm, Nestle, Coca-Cola and Mastercard.
i.Uttarakhand government bestowed the Uttarakhand Gaurav Samman honour for his contributions towards art, literature, culture and advertising.
ii.He is the recipient of Padma Shri award, the 4th highest civilian award for arts in 2015 and has also received several prestigious international honours including Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in 2006.
- He was also honoured with the best lyricist award in 2008 for the song ‘Maa’ and 2012 for the song ‘Bolo Naa’ at the National Film awards.
iii.He was also the first Asian to become the jury president at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity in 2014 for the prestigious Titanium category.
- His ‘thanda matlab Coca-Cola’ campaign with Aamir Khan won him several awards at Cannes in 2003.
iv.He has won many accolades for his socially relevant campaigns on malnutrition, polio eradication, women’s empowerment, student suicide and Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan over the years.
Uttarakhand Signs Agreement with McKinsey for Doubling its GSDP by 2027
The Uttarakhand government has signed a two-year agreement with McKinsey, a global management consultancy, under Shashakt (empowered) Uttarakhand mission for achieving the target of doubling its Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) by 2027.
- Uttarakhand has the target of doubling GSDP from Rs. 2.73 lakh crore to Rs. 5.5 lakh crore by achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 15% by 2027.
i.McKinsey will work in areas of agriculture, horticulture, Urban (Brownfield and greenfield cities), service sector, infra projects (core and social sectors) to accelerate the income of the people and also the State.
ii.Under this agreement, in the 1st six months McKinsey will select the sectors with need in progress through new investments and reforms and also attract other renowned companies to invest in the selected sectors.
- McKinsey shall invest in increasing the yield of crops and products which thereby improves their quality.
Uttarakhand was formed on 9th November 2000 as the 27th State of India.
Governor – Lieutenant General Gurmit Singh
Chief Minister (CM) – Pushkar Singh Dhami
National Park – Nanda Devi National Park, Valley of Flowers National Park
Wildlife Sanctuary – Govind wildlife sanctuary, Kedarnath wildlife sanctuary
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO, IN-SPACe signed MoU with Vyom Space to Develop Space Capsule
On 6th November 2022, The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN-SPACe), signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) Gurugram, Haryana-based private space firm, Vyom Space Exploration and Services Private Limited (Vyom Space), to develop niche technology in the field of space, with a focus on a “human and cargo transportation capsule programme“.
- The MoU has been facilitated by the Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Center (INSPACe), India’s nodal space authorization body and an autonomous agency under the Department of Space, Government of India (GoI).
i.This MoU is intended for joint development of strategic technology in the field of space, with special focus on a human and cargo transportation capsule programme.
- A ‘capsule’ in a space mission is the module, in which any cargo is placed for being carried to space while the capsule in manned missions will host the astronauts.
ii.The capsules are generally single-use in nature, whereas the Crew Dragon capsule of SpaceX, Elon Musk’s US-based private space firm, is a reusable human and cargo module.
- The new capsule by Vyom Space will be reusable and would be an evolution of the capsule in ISRO’s manned mission, Gaganyaan, which are all single-use.
iii.Vyom Space will deliver the 1st prototype of the space capsule to ISRO within the next 16 months after which the capsule will be tested by ISRO, IN-SPACe.
Note – In November 2022, Hyderabad-based Skyroot Aerospace became the first homegrown private space company to launch a rocket into space and also the Pixxel and Dhruva Space had launched their 2nd round of satellites aboard ISRO’s latest commercial mission.
About Vyom Space Exploration and Services Private Limited (Vyom Space):
Vyom Space is a start up being incubated under the Joint Services Innovation and Indigenisation Centre (JSIIC), Integrated Defence Staff (IDS).
Founder and Chief Executive – Manish Kukreti
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
Aditya Mittal Becomes India’s 77th Chess GrandmasterThe Mumbai (Maharashtra)-Player Aditya Mittal, 16-year-old, has become India’s 77th chess Grandmaster (GM) during an ongoing 3rd edition of El Llobregat Open Chess Tournament in Spain. He becomes Mumbai’s 2nd and Maharashtra’s 11th GM. Pravin Thipsay(1997) was the 1st GM from Mumbai.
- Aditya Mittal, who had secured 3 GM norms, crossed the 2,500 Elo points mark during the 6th round of the ongoing tournament in Spain.
Note: To become a Grandmaster (GM), a player has to secure 3 GM norms and cross the live rating of 2,500 ELO points.
About Aditya Mittal:
i. Aditya Mittal earned his 1st GM norm at Serbia Masters 2021, 2nd GM norm at Ellobregat Open 2021, and 3rd GM norm at Serbia Masters 2022.
ii. He is one of the 5 players that are sharing the lead at the current Ellobregat Open with five points.
iii. He is the 5th Indian to achieve the GM title in 2022 after Bharath Subramaniyam (73rd GM), Rahul Srivatshav (74th GM), V Pranav (75th GM), and Pranav Anand (76th GM).
Eminent Economist & Former Union Minister Y. K. Alagh Passes Away
On 6th December 2022, noted economist and former Union Minister Yoginder Kumar Alagh (Y. K. Alagh), an emeritus professor at the Sardar Patel Institute of Economic and Social Research (SPIESR) in Ahmedabad, passed away at the age of 83 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
About Y K Alagh:
i. Y K Alagh was born in 1939 in Chakwal, Punjab, British India(now in Pakistan).
ii. He was a former vice-chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in Delhi.
iii. He taught economics at the University of Rajasthan, the Indian Institute Of Management–Calcutta (IIM Calcutta), the University of Jodhpur, and the University of Pennsylvania.
iv. During the 1980s, he headed the Agricultural Prices Commission (APC) and the Bureau of Industrial Costs & Prices (BICP), where he initiated the 1st round of economic reforms that involved price decontrol in steel, cement and aluminium.
v.He served as the Advisor, Perspective Planning, Planning Commission of India from 1974 to 1980 and also served as a member of the Planning Commission of India from 1987 to 1990.
vi.He served as the Member of Parliament(MP) Rajya Sabha from Gujarat from 1996 to 2000.
- He served as the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Planning and Programme Implementation, Science and Technology and Power during 1996-1998.
vii. From 2006 to 2012, he served as the chairman of the Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA).
Senior Yakshagana Artiste & Former MLA Kumble Sundar Rao Passed Away
Kumble Sundar Rao, Senior Yakshagana Artiste and former Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) from Surathkal(Karnataka) passed away in Mangaluru, Karnataka. He was a native of the Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka. He was also a well-known Talamaddale artiste.
- He was elected to the Karnataka Legislative Assembly in 1994 from the erstwhile Surathkal Assembly constituency in Dakshina Kannada from the Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP).
- Kumble instituted Parthi Subba Award, which carried a purse of ₹1 lakh, will be conferred to a senior Yakshagana artist.
- He served as the 1st chairman of the then Karnataka Yakshagana and Bayalata Academy.
- He published the biodata of Yakshagana artists in two volumes.
International Civil Aviation Day 2022 – December 7The United Nations(UN)’s International Civil Aviation Day is annually observed across the globe on 7th December to create awareness about the importance of international civil aviation in the social and economic development of the nations.
- The day also highlights the unique role of International Civil Aviation Organization(ICAO), a UN Specialized agency, in supporting the member states to cooperate and realize the global rapid transit network.
The theme of International Civil Aviation Day 2022 is “Advancing Innovation for Global Aviation Development”.
i.International Civil Aviation Day was established in 1994 as part of ICAO’s 50th anniversary activities.
ii.In 1996, the United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/51/33, and proclaimed the 7th December of every year as the International Civil Aviation Day.
About International Civil Aviation Organization(ICAO):
ICAO is funded and directed by 193 national governments to support their diplomacy and cooperation in air transport as signatory states to the Chicago Convention (1944).
Secretary General– Juan Carlos Salazar
Headquarters– Montreal, Canada
>> Read Full News
Armed Forces Flag Day 2022 – December 7Armed Forces Flag Day is annually observed across India on December 7 to honour the martyrs, men and women in the armed forces who bravely fought on the borders to safeguard the country’s honour.
- Flag Day emphasises the dedication to caring for the war-disabled soldiers, Veer Naris and the families of Martyrs who died in the line of duty.
i. On 28th August 1949, a committee established by then-Defence Minister Baldev Singh decided to observe December 7 of every year as Flag Day.
ii. The 1st Armed Forces Flag Day was observed on 7th December 1949.
About the Indian Army:
Chief of the Army Staff – General Manoj Pande
Motto- Sevā Paramo Dharmaḥ (Service Before Self)
>> Read Full News
Red Planet Day 2022 – November 28
Red Planet Day is annually observed across the globe on 28th November to mark the launch of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)’s Mariner 4 spacecrafts on Mars (the red planet) on 28th November 1964. This was one of the 1st spacecraft to land on Mars.
- On 14th July 1965 the spacecraft departed from the red planet after travelling on the planet for nearly 8 months. The mission produced 22 photographs, first ever close-up photos of the martian surface.
- Galileo Galilei was one of the first people to view Mars through a telescope.
Mars is the 4th planet from the Sun and the second-smallest planet in the Solar System.
‘Make in Odisha Conclave 2022’ (3rd edition) held at Bhubaneswar, Odisha – November 30 to December 04, 2022The Make in Odisha Conclave 2022 (3rd edition), a biennial global investors’ meet and the flagship investor summit of the Government of Odisha, took place in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, from November 30 to December 4, 2022.
- The Government of Odisha organized the Make in Odisha (MIO) Conclave 2022 in collaboration with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
The first edition, held in 2016, generated Rs. 2.03 trillion in investment intentions, while the second edition, held in 2018, generated more than Rs. 4 trillion.
Make In Odisha Conclave 2022 generates investment intents of Rs 10.5 lakh crore with potential for over 10 lakh jobs
Odisha received an overall investment proposal worth Rs. 10.5 lakh crore during the MIO Conclave 2022, with the potential to employ 10,37,701 people.
- The investment has the potential to create jobs in 741 different companies.
Registration for the MIO Conclave 2022 had 18785 delegates from 11 countries: Japan, Germany, Norway, Nepal, Bangladesh, Australia, Indonesia, Israel, China, Singapore, and Thailand.
Breakup of Investment Received Sector Wise:
i.The largest part of the total investment received—Rs. 5.50 trillion—went to the metals, ancillary, and downstream sectors.
ii.Besides that, Rs. 2.38 trillion for power, renewable energy, and green energy; Rs. 1.2 trillion went to logistics and infrastructure; Rs. 76,000 crore went to chemicals, petrochemicals, and plastics.
Chief Minister (CM) – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
>> Read Full News
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 8 December 2022|
|1||Union Minister Anurag Thakur inaugurates India’s first Drone Yatra in Chennai; Meghalaya Govt unveils Asia’s 1st Drone Delivery Hub|
|2||UNDP Helps Waste Segregation Workers To Access Government Schemes|
|3||Global Trade Growth to slowdown in 2023: WTO Barometer|
|4||ADB Partners with GoI to Provide USD 3 Million PRF Facility|
|5||AFLI Launches Ageas Federal Life Insurance Criti Care Plan for 30 Critical Illness|
|6||World Bank upgrades India’s GDP Growth Forecast for FY23 to 6.9%; Fitch retains it at 7%|
|7||Walmart & Flipkart Partners with NSIC to Support MSMEs|
|8||Priyanka Chopra and 3 other Indians featured in BBC’s 100 Women list 2022|
|9||Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone & Mando Duplantis Named World Athletes of the Year 2022|
|10||South Korea’s Mina Sue Choi Crowned Miss Earth 2022|
|11||Uttarakhand Appoints Padma Shri Awardee Prasoon Joshi as its Brand Ambassador|
|12||ISRO, IN-SPACe signed MoU with Vyom Space to Develop Space Capsule|
|13||Aditya Mittal Becomes India’s 77th Chess Grandmaster|
|14||Eminent Economist & Former Union Minister Y. K. Alagh Passes Away|
|15||Senior Yakshagana Artiste & Former MLA Kumble Sundar Rao Passed Away|
|16||International Civil Aviation Day 2022 – December 7|
|17||Armed Forces Flag Day 2022 – December 7|
|18||Red Planet Day 2022 – November 28|
|19||‘Make in Odisha Conclave 2022’ (3rd edition) held at Bhubaneswar, Odisha – November 30 to December 04, 2022|