We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 4 October 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs October 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Ministry of Jal Shakti Celebrates Swachh Bharat Diwas – 2022On October 2, 2022, Droupadi Murmu, the President of India, presided over the Swachh Bharat Diwas-2022 celebration, which was organized by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti, to mark the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The President honoured the recipients of the Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2022 and Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) Functionality Assessment awards.
- The awards were given to encourage and appreciate the efforts of the States/Union Territories (UTs) in promoting the Open Defecation Free (ODF) Plus (+) and Har Ghar Jal momentum and boosting the people’s movement (Jan Andolan) towards comprehensive sanitation.
Union Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Ministry of Jal Shakti, also presented the President with the first copies of the Swachh Survekshan 2022 and JJM Functionality Assessment 2022 reports.
Swachh Survekshan Gramin (SSG) 2022
It aspires to carry out a ranking of States and Districts based on their accomplishments on significant quantitative and qualitative aspects of SBM-G phase II.
Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) – Functionality Assessment
On August 15, 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the JJM, with the goal of providing tap water connection in every rural household.
About Ministry of Jal Shakti:
Union Minister – Gajendra Singh Shekhawat (Jodhpur Constituency, Rajasthan)
Minister of State (MoS) – Prahlad Singh Patel; Bishweswar Tudu
>> Read Full News
India Celebrated 8 Years of Swachh Bharat Mission & First Anniversary of SBM-Urban 2.0 In 2022Droupadi Murmu, the President of India presided over the 8th anniversary of the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) and the first anniversary of SBM-Urban 2.0 (SBM-U 2.0), which were organized by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The President honoured the winners of the Cleanest States & Cities at the ‘[email protected] Swachh Survekshan 2022’ award ceremony, which was held by MoHUA as part of SBM-U 2.0.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated SBM-U 2.0 on October 1, 2021. It is implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
Aim: To contribute to the accomplishment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 2030 by making all cities ‘Garbage Free’ under SBM-U 2.0.
i.Indore (Madhya Pradesh [MP]), the city of lakes and palaces, was named the ‘Cleanest City’ in India for the sixth year in a row, in the “more than 1 lakh people” category.
ii.In the population category of “less than 1 lakh”, Panchgani and Karad from Maharashtra (MH) won the first and third places, respectively.
About Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA):
Union Minister – Hardeep Singh Puri (Rajya Sabha – Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS) – Kaushal Kishore
>>Read Full News
Anurag Singh Thakur Launches Swachh Bharat 2022 Campaign; Jitendra Singh Launches Special Swacchta Campaign 2.0Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur launched Swachh Bharat 2022, a month-long campaign that will be held from 01st October 2022 to 31st October 2022 from Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- Along with this campaign, the mantra of “Swachh Kaal: Amrit Kaal” has also been introduced to make this program a people’s movement through Jan Bhagidari.
- Attendees – Secretary Department of Youth Affairs and Sports, Sanjay Kumar and other officers of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports were also present on this occasion.
Union Minister Jitendra Singh Launches Special Swacchta Campaign 2.0
On 2nd October 2022 Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Ministry of Science and Technology Jitendra Singh launched the Special Swachhta Campaign 2.0, at the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) office, New Delhi.
- This mainly focuses on Swachhata including disposal of scrap and reducing Pendency in Government.
- The guidelines booklet for Special Campaign 2.0 and August Progress Report along with the Circulars for Easing of Rules of the Department of Pensions were also released on the occasion.
- DARPG will oversee implementation of the Special campaign 2.0.
IMC 2022: PM Launches 1st Phase of 5G services & 5G NSA Core by C-DOT; Airtel Becomes 1st company to Launch 5G in 8 citiesOn 1st October 2022 Prime Minister, Narendra Modi also inaugurated the 6th edition of the India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2022 that will be held from 1st October 2022 to 4th October 2022 with the theme, “New digital Universe” and also launched the first phase of 5G services in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
i.An inter-ministerial committee on 5G use cases has been functioning since 2021 in coordination with 12 central ministries, for setting up of 5G use-case labs.
ii.The cumulative economic impact on the launch of 5G on India is expected to reach USD 450 billion by 2035.
PM Launches 5G NSA Core by C-DOT at IMC 2022
PM launched the 5G Non-Standalone (NSA) Core that was indigenously designed and developed by the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) in IMC, 2022.
- In the occasion, end-to-end 5G call was demonstrated using C-DOT 5G NSA Core installed at BSNL Chandigarh and 5G Radio Access Network (RAN) that was developed in collaboration with Wisig Networks, VVDN Technologies and Radisys India Private Limited.
Bharti Airtel Becomes the First Company to Launch 5G Services in India
Bharti Airtel has launched 5G service in 8 cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Varanasi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Nagpur and Siliguri to become the 1st company to launch 5G services in India.
>> Read Full News
USOF Launches Telecom Technology Development Fund SchemeOn 1st October 2022 Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF), an additional office of the Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Ministry of communications officially launched the Telecom Technology Development Fund (TTDF) Scheme.
- USOF will open its proposals for TTDF scheme from 1st October 2022 and the eligible companies can apply from the official website (http://usof.gov.in/TTDF).
i.The telecommunications technology requires Research & Development (R&D) and funding for technology products along with resources for moving from a prototype to commercial product.
ii.Under the scheme, the TTDF Scheme aims at providing support for R&D to build high impact deep technology projects at affordable cost to enable state of the art services for rural areas in India.
- Additionally, 5 percent allocation of annual collections will also be made available from USOF for funding R&D in the Telecom sector.
iii.This especially supports domestic companies and institutions that are involved in technology design, development, commercialization of telecommunication products and solutions, to enable affordable broadband and mobile services in rural and remote areas.
USOF Revamps Website, Launches New Version as Per the GIGW
On 1st October 2022, the USOF revamped its website and designed as per the Guidelines for Indian Government Websites (GIGW) issued by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India (GoI).
- The newly launched website creates more awareness to the users about USOF and their latest projects including schemes for better access to citizen-centric services.
- The new features contain an updated media gallery, linked social media platform, specified area displaying projects infographics and also has the designated page for USOF’s TTDF wherein the eligible companies or individuals can submit their proposals.
About Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF)
USOF was created under the Indian Telegraph Act 1885 (as amended in 2003 and 2006), the fund is to be utilised exclusively for meeting the Universal Service Obligation.It is functioning under the Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Ministry of Communications.
- USOF Administrator – Shri V.L.Kantha Rao
India & New Zealand Navies sign pact on White Shipping Information ExchangeIndian Navy and the Royal New Zealand Navy signed an agreement on White Shipping Information Exchange to promote greater transparency in the Maritime Domain.
- The pact was signed between Indian Navy Chief Admiral R Hari Kumar and Rear Admiral David Proctor, Chief of Royal New Zealand Navy (RNZN) during Chief Admiral R Hari Kumar’s recent visit to New Zealand.
Note: The white shipping information refers to the exchange of prior information on the movement and identity of commercial non-military merchant vessels.
i. Hari Kumar, Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS) visited New Zealand from September 29 to October 1, 2022.
ii. He was welcomed at the traditional Powhiri ceremony hosted by RNZN leaders at the Te Taua Moana Marae (New Zealand).
iii. Both CNS Hari Kumar and Rear Admiral David Proctor exhibited enthusiasm toward expanding the scale and scope of bilateral engagements in the coming years.
iv. CNS Hari Kumar complimented RNZN leadership for their active participation in MILAN-22 (Multilateral Naval Exercise).
v. Indian Navy was looking forward to the initial participation of young RNZN officers in the Admiral’s Cup Sailing Regatta to be hosted by the Indian Navy in December 2022.
vi. CNS Hari Kumar was the special guest at the ‘Beat Retreat and Ceremonial Sunset Ceremony’ held in Auckland, New Zealand to celebrate the anniversary of RNZN.
BANKING & FINANCE
Highlights of RBI’s Bi-monthly Monetary Policy of 2022-23; Repo Rate raised to 5.40%i.The Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) met on September 28-30, 2022 , and released the RBI’s bi-monthly monetary policy of FY23 which decreased India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth for FY23 to 7% from 7.2% with FY23’s Q2 at 6.3%; Q3 at 4.6%; and Q4 at 4.6%. The reason behind this downward revision is geopolitical tensions, tightening global financial conditions and slowing external demand.
ii.The stance is to focus on withdrawal of accommodations.
iii.The GDP growth for Q1FY24 is projected at 7.2%.
iv.RBI may consider the ‘expected loss’ approach for loan provisioning by banks as compared to the present ‘incurred loss’ approach, where money is set aside after a loss from an asset.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
i.The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935, in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
ii.The Central Office of the Reserve Bank was initially established in Calcutta but was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937.
iii.Though originally privately owned, since nationalization in 1949, the Reserve Bank is fully owned by the Government of India.
>> Read Full News
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Indian-origin Vivek Lall gets Lifetime Achievement award in USDr Vivek Lall, an Indian-origin Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of General Atomics Global Corporation has been honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award by the United States (US) President Joe Biden with the citation of ‘With Grateful Recognition’.
- He has done PhD in Aerospace Engineering from Wichita State University in Kansas, United States.
- The recognition was given by the AmeriCorps and the Office of the President.
Note: AmeriCorps is a part of the US Government which aims to encourage activities that bring Americans closer to ‘serve communities’.
About Dr Vivek Lall:
i. Dr Vivek Lall is an American scientist who has been CEO of General Atomics since June 1, 2020.
ii. Before his leadership position in General Atomics, Dr Vivek Lall worked at other leading organisations like NASA, Raytheon, Boeing and Lockheed Martin.
iii. In 2018, he was appointed in a critical advisory role to the US Cabinet Secretary heading the Department of Transportation, encompassing entities like the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
iv. Currently, he is serving as US Technical Team Member to North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) Science and Technology.
Red Bull’s Sergio Perez wins 2022 Singapore F1 Grand Prix Race
On 2nd October 2022, Sergio Perez (team Red Bull) won the Formula One (F1) 2022 Singapore Grand Prix (GP) race(also called as Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2022) at Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore.
i.Sergio Perez defeated Charles Leclerc (team Ferrari), who secured 2nd rank in the race. This is the first win for Sergio Perez at Singapore GP.
ii.The Singapore Grand Prix is a motor racing event which is a part of the Formula One World Championship.
Top 5 rankers of 2022 Singapore Grand Prix race :
|1||Sergio Perez||Red Bull||Mexico|
|4||Lando Norris||McLaren||United Kingdom|
Suzlon Energy CMD Tulsi Tanti passes away
The Founder and Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Suzlon Energy Limited, Tulsi R Tanti passed away at the age of 64 years due to cardiac arrest.
- Tulsi Tanti was born on 2 February 1958 in Rajkot, Gujarat.
- He was regarded as the ‘Wind Man of India” and was a stalwart of the Indian and global renewable energy industry.
- He spearheaded the wind revolution in India with the establishment of Suzlon Energy in 1995.
- He was the Chairman of the Indian Wind Turbine Manufacturers Association (IWTMA) and a member of the Board of Management of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) University, New Delhi, Delhi.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
P Sainath set to release his new book titled ‘The Last Heroes’
The Ramon Magsaysay Award winning author-journalist Palagummi Sainath (P Sainath) authored a new book titled “The Last Heroes”.It will be published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI) and expected to be released on November 21, 2022.
- The book talks about the Indian freedom struggle and fight for Independence.
- The book highlights the contribution of little known fighters -farmers, labourers, homemakers, forest produce gatherers, artisans and others in India’s freedom struggle achieving Independence.
- P Sainath also authored the book ‘Everybody Loves a Good Drought: Stories from India’s Poorest Districts’.
- He is the founder editor of the People’s Archive of Rural India (PARI), a multimedia digital platform.
Sharat Sabharwal authors book titled ‘India’s Pakistan Conundrum — Managing a Complex Relationship’
The book titled ‘’India’s Pakistan Conundrum: Managing a Complex Relationship’’ authored by Sharat Sabharwal, a former Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan, who also served as Deputy High Commissioner and Published by Routledge India.
- The book highlights several strategic majors that India has to opt to deal with Islamabad, Pakistan.
- The book also shed light on India’s tactical relationships with Afghanistan and other security issues.
- Sharat Sabharwal joined the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) in 1975. He served at various positions such as Deputy High Commissioner of India to Pakistan (1995-99), Deputy Permanent Representative of India to the UN in Geneva (1999-2002), Ambassador to Uzbekistan (2002-05) and High Commissioner to Pakistan (2009-13) etc.
World Habitat Day 2022 – October 3The United Nations (UN)’s World Habitat Day (WHD) is annually observed across the globe on the first Monday of October to highlight the importance of habitat for mankind and to remind people that they are responsible for the habitat of future generations.
- The WHD 2022 was observed on 3rd October 2022.
- Theme for World Habitat Day 2022 is ‘’Mind the Gap. Leave No One and No Place Behind’’.
- The WHD 2021 was observed on 4th October 2021.
- The WHD 2023 will be observed on 2nd October 2023.
The focus is on the growing inequalities and challenges in cities and human settlements.
i.World Habitat Day 2022 draws attention to the growing inequalities and vulnerabilities, exacerbated by the triple ‘C’ crises — COVID-19, Climate and Conflict.
ii.For WHD 2022, the global observance took place on 3 October 2022 in Balikesir, Republic of Turkiye (Turkey).
>> Read Full News
International Day of Non-Violence 2022 – October 2The United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Non-Violence is annually observed across the globe on October 2, the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, leader of the Indian Independence movement and pioneer of the philosophy and strategy of non-violence.
In India, October 2 is observed as Gandhi Jayanthi and this year (2022) marks the 153rd birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
i. The UN General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/61/271 on 15th June 2007 and proclaimed October 2 of every year as International Day of Non-Violence.
ii. The 1st UN recognised International Day of Non-Violence was observed on 2nd October 2007.
About the United Nations (UN):
Secretary-General- António Guterres
Headquarters- New York, United States.
>> Read Full News
National Voluntary Blood Donation Day 2022 – October 1National Voluntary Blood Donation Day (NVBDD) is annually observed across India on 1st October to spread awareness about donation among the people.
i.The Indian Society of Blood Transfusion and Immunohaematology (ISBTI) was established on 22nd October 1971 under the leadership of Mrs. K. Swaroop Krishen and Dr. J.G. Jolly.
ii.The first-ever National Voluntary Blood Donation Day observed by the ISBTI on 1st October 1975.
Objective National Voluntary Blood Donation Day:
- To successfully achieve the target of Voluntary Blood Donation to fulfill the urgent need of the needy patients.
- To store the blood in stock in blood banks for any urgent and serious requirement.
- To promote and emphasize the self esteem of blood donors through a lot of thanks.
- To motivate and encourage people who are not interested in donating blood even being a healthy person.
- To stimulate people to donate blood voluntarily who are interested in donating blood only to their relatives or friends.
Event of NVBDD 2022:
i.Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya addressed National Blood Donation Day 2022 organised at AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), New Delhi, Delhi.
- Dr.Atul Goel, DGHS (Directorate General of Health Services) and Dr.M.Srinivas, Director, AIIMS were also present at the event.
About Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav:
i.On 17 September 2022, the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoH&FW) launched a nation-wide mega voluntary blood donation drive named ‘Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav’.
- It aims to collect one lakh units of blood and to enhance the focus on blood donation, blood distribution and blood management.
ii.More than 2.5 lakh people have voluntarily donated blood under the Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav.”
iii.The states including Tripura, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal and Maharashtra are considered as the national level voluntary blood donors.
Note- Tripura is considered as the highest level of voluntary blood donor (93%) in India whereas Manipur is considered as lowest in India.
275th Annual Day of Defence Accounts Department 2022 – October 1The Defence Accounts Department (DAD) functions under the administrative control of the Ministry of Defence and is headed by the Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA) observes its 275th Annual Day of Defence Accounts Department on 1st October 2022.i. Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence (MoD) launched several digital initiatives of the Defence Accounts Department (DAD) during its 275th Annual Day celebrations in New Delhi, Delhi.
ii. MoD Rajnath Singh gave away the Raksha Mantri Awards for Excellence 2022 to 3 teams for exhibiting exemplary initiative in implementing key department projects:
- Development, testing and implementation of System for Pension Administration (RAKSHA) (SPARSH) which is meeting the pension sanction and disbursement requirements for Armed Forces;
- implementation of E-Concurrence in DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation);
- Pay and Accounts Office (PAO) Bharati: Your PAO, A call away 24/7.
Digital Initiatives of DAD:
- The System for Pension Administration (Raksha) (SPARSH) mobile app,
- Pay System for Agniveers,
- International Air Ticket booking module in Defence Travel System (DTS),
- Defence Accounts Receipts and Payment System (DARPAN),
- Defence Civilian Pay system,
- Defence Accounts Human Resource Management System.
About the Ministry of Defence (MoD):
Minister of Defence- Rajnath Singh
Headquarters- New Delhi, Delhi
>> Read Full News
Military Nursing Service celebrates 97th Raising Day on 1st October 2022
The Military Nursing Service (MNS) celebrated its 97th Raising Day across India on 1st October 2022.
- The Chief Guest of the occasion Lt Gen Arvind Walia, Chief of Staff (COS) of HQ Southern Command.
- The event was marked by a colourful social gathering hosted by Brig Amita Devrani, Brig MNS, HQ Southern Command and all Nursing Officers of Pune Garrison, Maharashtra.
- The Military Nursing Service (MNS) in India was set up on 28th March 1888, which later transformed into the permanent Nursing Service on 1st October 1926 and designated as Indian Military Nursing Service (IMNS).
- With the promulgation of the military ordinance on 15 Sep 1943 the Military Nursing Service was permanently established as part of the Armed Forces and the members of the service became commissioned officers.
- The mission of MNS is ‘Excellence in patient care’ both in peace and war.
Chhattisgarh Govt Launches MGRIP to Develop Cow Shelters as Rural Industrial ParksOn 2nd October 2022 Chhattisgarh Chief Minister (CM) Bhupesh Baghel launched Mahatma Gandhi Rural Industrial Parks (MGRIP) scheme to develop ‘gauthans’ (cow shelters in villages) as ‘rural industrial parks’.
- Under the scheme, 300 gauthan cum industrial parks will be set up at a total budget of 600 crore in FY22 budget as its first phase.
i.The Chhattisgarh government has already set up gauthans in over 8,000 villages under its flagship scheme Suraji Gaon Yojna (also known as village good governance scheme).
ii.Currently, cow dung procurement is being carried out at gauthans under Godhan Nyay Yojna and used for producing vermicompost
iii.Under MGRIP, the selected gauthans will be developed as rural industrial parks where activities like poultry farming, fisheries, and food processing were also involved in addition to vermicompost.
- Each development block in chhattisgarh will have two rural industrial parks in the first phase and the scheme will be managed by the Panchayat and Rural Development department.
iv.The scheme will also create employment for women self help groups (SHGs) that are associated with gauthans and local youth.
Chief Minister -Bhupesh Baghel
Governor – Anusuiya Uikey
Dams – Hasdeo Bango(Minimata) Dam, Sondur Dam
Rivers – Godavari River, Mahanadi River
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 4 October 2022|
|1||Ministry of Jal Shakti Celebrates Swachh Bharat Diwas – 2022|
|2||India Celebrated 8 Years of Swachh Bharat Mission & First Anniversary of SBM-Urban 2.0 In 2022|
|3||Anurag Singh Thakur Launches Swachh Bharat 2022 Campaign; Jitendra Singh Launches Special Swacchta Campaign 2.0|
|4||IMC 2022: PM Launches 1st Phase of 5G services & 5G NSA Core by C-DOT; Airtel Becomes 1st company to Launch 5G in 8 cities|
|5||USOF Launches Telecom Technology Development Fund Scheme|
|6||India & New Zealand Navies sign pact on White Shipping Information Exchange|
|7||Highlights of RBI’s Bi-monthly Monetary Policy of 2022-23; Repo Rate raised to 5.40%|
|8||Indian-origin CEO of General Atomics Vivek Lall gets Lifetime Achievement award in US|
|9||Red Bull’s Sergio Perez wins 2022 Singapore F1 Grand Prix Race|
|10||Suzlon Energy CMD Tulsi Tanti passes away|
|11||A new book titled ‘The Last Heroes’ Authors by P Sainath will be released|
|12||Sharat Sabharwal authors book titled ‘India’s Pakistan Conundrum — Managing a Complex Relationship’|
|13||World Habitat Day 2022 – October 3|
|14||International Day of Non-Violence 2022 – October 2|
|15||National Voluntary Blood Donation Day 2022 – October 1|
|16||275th Annual Day of Defence Accounts Department 2022 – October 1; DAD launched several digital initiatives at the Event|
|17||Military Nursing Service celebrates 97th Raising Day on 1st October 2022|
|18||Chhattisgarh Govt Launches MGRIP to Develop Cow Shelters as Rural Industrial Parks|