Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur launched Swachh Bharat 2022, a month-long campaign that will be held from 01st October 2022 to 31st October 2022 from Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- Along with this campaign, the mantra of “Swachh Kaal: Amrit Kaal” has also been introduced to make this program a people’s movement through Jan Bhagidari.
- Attendees – Secretary Department of Youth Affairs and Sports, Sanjay Kumar and other officers of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports were also present on this occasion.
i.The objective of the Swachh Bharat 2022 programme is to organise cleaning of public spaces and households across all the districts by involving all segments of society and Government organisations and to create awareness among citizens to keep their surroundings clean and waste free.
ii.This programme is being organised in 6 lakh villages of 744 districts across India through the network of Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) affiliated Youth Clubs and National Service Scheme Affiliated Institutions.
iii.Target – The Department of Youth Affairs has set a target of collecting and disposing of 1 crore kg plastic waste through Swachh Bharat 2022.
Note – The Sports Minister also launched the 8-day long golden Jubilee sports festival at Amitabh Bachchan sports complex in Prayagraj, UP.
Union Minister Jitendra Singh Launches Special Swacchta Campaign 2.0
On 2nd October 2022 Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Ministry of Science and Technology Jitendra Singh launched the Special Swachhta Campaign 2.0, at the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) office, New Delhi.
- This mainly focuses on Swachhata including disposal of scrap and reducing Pendency in Government.
- The guidelines booklet for Special Campaign 2.0 and August Progress Report along with the Circulars for Easing of Rules of the Department of Pensions were also released on the occasion.
- DARPG will oversee implementation of the Special campaign 2.0.
i.The campaign aims at ensuring timely and effective disposal of Public Grievances, references from Members of Parliament (MoP), State Governments, Inter-Ministerial Consultations and Parliamentary Assurances and disposal of scrap.
ii.Until now more than 67,000 sites have been identified by various Ministries & Government departments for conducting this campaign.
- For the first time, the 2022 campaign will focus on e-files and review around 3 lakh e-files along with 21 Lakh physical files.
Note – On 14th September 2022 the 1st phase of the Special Campaign 2.0 was commenced with the launch of Special Campaign 2.0 portal (www.pgportal.govlin/scdpm22).
i.The Special Campaign 2.0 is expected to cover over 1.5 lakh Post Offices, overseas mission/posts, Railway Stations, and other public offices in mission mode.
ii.The campaign will also focus more on field/outstation offices in addition to the Ministries/ Departments and their attached/subordinate offices and Autonomous Bodies of Government of India (GoI).
Recent related news:
In June 2022 Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) – Urban 2.0 which is being implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), launched the revised swachh certification protocols of ODF (Open Defecation Free), ODF+, ODF++, and water+ certifications.