We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 30 & 31 October 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs october 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
‘DefExpo 2022′: 12th edition of DefExpo held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat – October 18-22, 2022 (Part-1)
In order to boost the defence sector, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi inaugurated the DefExpo 2022 (12th edition), India’s “biggest ever” defence exhibition, in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, from October 18 – 22, 2022.
- ‘DefExpo 2022’ is India’s flagship exhibition on Land, Naval and Homeland Security systems.
- It is held with the theme ‘Path to Pride,’ highlighting India’s commitment to achieving Atmanirbhar (self-reliance) in defence production.
The Ministry of Defence (MOD) hosted the 12th edition of the distinguished biennial defence exhibition, DefExpo 2022.
i.The DefExpo 2022 is the first-ever edition of the expo to exclusively feature Indian companies.
ii.DefExpo 2022 also commemorates one year since the creation of the seven new Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs), which were created from the former Ordnance Factory Board (OFB). The 7 DPSUs are:
iii.PM Narendra Modi announced the ‘Fourth Positive Indigenisation List’ of 101 items compiled by the MOD during the opening ceremony of DefExpo 2022 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- According to the provisions of the Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP) 2020, all the items on the lists will be procured from domestic sources.
- This list aims to provide continuous stimulus for ‘Aatmanirbharta’ (self-reliance) in the defence sector.
Bilateral Exercise Garuda VII-2022 held between IAF and FASF in Jodhpur, RajasthanFrom October 26 – November 12, 2022, 18-day long bilateral exercise ‘Garuda VII-2022’ is being held between the Indian Air Force (IAF), and French Air and Space Force (FASF) at Air Force Station, Jodhpur, Rajasthan. It is the 7th edition of Garuda exercise.
i.The participants from Indian Air Force (IAF) involved Sukhoi-30 MKI (Modernized Commercial Indian) jets, Rafales, Light Combat Aircraft(LCA) Tejas, Jaguar jets, Light Combat Helicopters (LCH), Mi-17 helicopter along with Combat Enabling Assets like Flight Refuelling Aircraft, AWACS (Airborne Warning & Control System) and AEW&C (Airborne Early Warning and Control).
ii.FASF is participating with four Rafale fighter aircraft, one A-330 Multi Role Tanker Transport (MRTT) aircraft and a contingent of 220 personnel.
i.This joint exercise provides a platform to Indian and France to enhance operational capability, interoperability, and sharing of best practices, experiences, and operational knowledge besides strengthening bilateral relations
ii.It is the 4th time that this exercise is hosted by India viz. 2003 (1st), 2006 (3rd) and 2014 (5th) at Air Force stations Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh), Kalaikunda (West Bengal) and Jodhpur, respectively.
iii.In August 2022, a FASF contingent, including three Rafale jets, made a stopover at the IAF’s Sulur base in Tamil Nadu as part of a mega military operation in the Pacific Ocean.
iv.In March 2022, the Indian and French navies carried out a 5-day wargame in the Arabian Sea.
LG Manoj Sinha Inaugurates 3-week Long Cultural Festival Jashn-e-Kashmir in J&KJammu and Kashmir (J&K), Lieutenant Governor (LG) Manoj Sinha inaugurated a three-week-long cultural festival, ‘Jashn-e-Kashmir’ – New Kashmir New Hope, celebrating tradition, culture and heritage at Srinagar, J&K.
- This Cultural Festival was organised by All J&K Folk Artists Association, Shah Qalander Folk Theatre, in collaboration with J&K Academy of Art, Culture & Languages and the Office of Divisional Commissioner Kashmir.
- The LG also felicitated the artistes for their excellent contribution in preserving and promoting the local art, culture and folk traditions.
i.Several schemes for promoting folk arts, literature and visual arts have been implemented to give a new impetus to art and culture since J&K is facing cultural revival.
- J&K will reconnect youth to their roots and provide an environment along with a forum to folk artists, visual artists and authors to showcase shared goals and values.
ii.The scheme of financial assistance for the registered societies related to various arts has also been approved in appreciation with voluntary organisations and institutions for the promotion of literature, folk art and music.
- Also, the schemes like ‘Guru Shishya Parampara’ to pass on the valued traditions of J&K to the forthcoming generations; preservation of folklore, UT writers camp, national theatre festivals, inter-state cultural exchange programmes, international visits and cultural events in the areas of J&K will strengthen traditional cultural richness
Gujarat Celebrates ‘Bestu Varsh’ or Gujarati New Year
On 26th October 2022 Gujarati New Year(Vikram Sanvat 2079) or Bestu Varsh was celebrated with traditional and cultural values by Gujarati communities across the globe.
i. Bestu Varsh is celebrated as new year in Gujarat which is a part of the 5-day Diwali Celebrations.
ii.On the New Year occasion, the homes are decorated with asopalav torans, marigold flowers and attractive Rangoli at the entrance and the occasion starts with the visit to temples in the morning.
MoS for Rural Development Faggan Singh Kulaste Inaugurates Saras Food Festival 2022On 28th October 2022, Union Minister of State (MoS) for Rural Development Faggan Singh Kulaste inaugurated the “Saras Food Festival 2022” to take steps to establish Saras stalls by women SHGs (Self-Help Groups) in all State capitals, and major cities and metros, airports and railway stations for widening the reach of marketing.
Faggan Singh Kulaste also launched the e-commerce portal www.esaras.in for better and more effective marketing of Saras products prepared by women of SHGs.
i. SHGs have about 8 crore 62 lakh women as members. Those women are present in 97% of Blocks, and 85% of them are directly connected to the Ministry’s network.
ii. MoRD has already signed agreements with e-commerce giants like Amazon, and Flipkart and there have been efforts by States and Union Territories (UT) also in getting SHGs products registered on e-commerce platforms ( Flipkart, Amazon and Meesho etc).
iii. The Saras Food Festival 2022 has been organized by the MoRD from 28th October to 10th November 2022 at Handicraft Bhawan, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi.
- Women from SHGs, formed under the flagship program ‘National Rural Livelihoods Mission’ of the MoRD are participating in this festival.
- 150 women entrepreneurs and members of SHGs from 18 states are participating in this event.
WHO Global Tuberculosis Report 2022: TB cases rise for the first time in years in 2021i.As per the Global Tuberculosis Report 2022 report issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), for the first time in year, there is rise in number of people infected with tuberculosis.
ii.An estimated 10.6 million people worldwide were sickened by tuberculosis in 2021, a 4.5% rise from 2020, and 1.6 million people died.
iii.About 450,000 cases involved people infected with drug-resistant TB (DR-TB) in 2021, 3% more than in 2020.
iv.The seven countries with the highest burden of MDR/RR-TB cases in 2021 are India with estimated case range of 93,000 – 1,45,000; Russia (31,000 – 46,000); Pakistan (6,200 – 65,000); China (27,000 – 39,000); Indonesia (15,000 – 41,000), South Africa (13,000 – 29,000), and Phillippines (8,300 – 34, 000).
v.India’s TB incidence for 2021 is 210 per 100,000 population as compared to the baseline year of 2015 when it was 256 per lakh of population in India.
About World Health Organization (WHO):
Director-General– Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus of Ethiopia.
Headquartered– Geneva, Switzerland
>> Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
SEBI extends deadline for direct ETF transactions to May 1, 2023; Cuts face value for Debt Issues to Rs 1 lakhi.On October 28, 2022, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) extended the deadline for implementation of the Rs 25 crore-threshold rule for direct ETF (exchange-traded fund) transactions with asset management companies (AMCs) to May 1, 2023. This means the clause 2(IV)(A) of the circular issued on July 28,2022 will be applicable from May 1, 2023.
ii.SEBI reduced the face value of debt security and non-convertible redeemable preference share issued on private placement basis to Rs 1 lakh from the current Rs 10 lakh w.e.f. January 1, 2023.
iii.SEBI is all set to develop a system to mitigate risk of cyber attacks in collaboration with the BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) and the National Stock Exchange (NSE). The system will be operational from March 2023. India will be first in the world to set up this technology.
About Securities and Exchange of India (SEBI):
Chairperson– Madhabi Puri Buch
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
>> Read Full News
Healthysure & ManipalCigna Health Partners to Launch India’s first Flexi Top-up InsuranceHealthysure, an employee benefits insurance technology (insurtech) has partnered with ManipalCigna Health Insurance to launch India’s first flexi top-up insurance which allows employees to personalise and upgrade their corporate health insurance plans.
i.Flexi-top up is powered by Healthysure’s technology platform through which a policy is issued digitally within 30 seconds of making a purchase.
- This policy does not require any extra premium for pre-existing diseases and also does not have a co-payment clause.
ii.Employees can upgrade their insurance cover by paying a nominal add-on premium, which can also be continued post-employment.
About ManipalCigna Health Insurance:
Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Prasun Sikdar
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Parent Organisation – Manipal Education and Medical Group International India Private Limited
BSE Technologies Launch KYC Registration Agency; Completes India’s First Successful EGR TransactionOn 27th October 2022, BSE Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (BSE Tech), a subsidiary of BSE Limited(also known as the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)) launched the Know Your Client Registration Agency (KYC KRA), a SEBI regulated intermediary for maintaining KYC records of investors in an electronic form.
- KRA grants the market participants authorisation for investors KYC, which is mandatory for investment in the securities market.
i.In April 2022, SEBI issued fresh guidelines for KRAs, under which such agencies must independently validate the KYC records of all clients (existing as well as new) from 1st July 2022 using Aadhaar as an Officially Valid Document (OVD).
ii.This move was taken after SEBI notified new norms in January, 2022 to make KRAs responsible for carrying out independent validation of the KYC records uploaded on their system by Registered Intermediaries.
BSE Completes India’s First Successful EGR Transaction
BSE Limited completed India’s first successful creation, transaction and settlement of electronic gold receipts (EGRs).EGRs are electronic receipts issued on the basis of physical gold deposits.
i.According to BSE Limited, the 1st EGR transaction took place on 24th October 2022 during the Muhurat Trading session, which was successfully settled on T+1 day.
ii.During Muhurat trading, BSE Limited launched 2 new EGR products of 995 and 999 purity and trading will be in multiples of 1 grams and deliveries in multiples of 10 grams and 100 grams.
iii.Around 100 members have been successfully onboarded on the newly launched EGR segment for investors, Jewellers, and institutions.
About BSE Limited
Chairman – Mr. S.S. Mundra
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Established in – 1875
Tata AIA Life & Medix Partners to Offer Specialised Critical Illness Cover
Tata AIA Life Insurance Company Limited (Tata AIA) has partnered with Medix, a global company in medical management solutions, to offer consumers access to a local and global network of accredited medical specialists during serious illnesses.
- This service is complementary for policyholders who have already purchased eligible life insurance products across term, savings and pension plans.
i.This partnership offers Personal Medical Care Management facility in India with world class healthcare advice to consumers.
ii.This will also include reassessment of the medical case, diagnosis and optimised treatment plan with leading local specialists and coordination of care.
i.Tata AIA’s consumers can track, manage, communicate with dedicated medical teams and receive updates on their quality treatment and medical care.
- Tata AIA’s policyholders can use its mobile app to avail health these check-ups and explore a healthier lifestyle.
ii.Medix will support and collaborate with their treating doctor on ongoing treatments, side effects, complications and other questions.
Note – As per the study by Harvard University around 5.2 million medical errors occur every year in India. Among the 80 percent medical errors, around 38 percent account for cancer, 29 percent for vascular events and 13 percent for infectious diseases.
About Tata AIA Life Insurance Company Limited (Tata AIA):
Tata AIA Life Insurance Company Limited (Tata AIA Life Insurance) is a joint venture company, formed by Tata Sons Private Limited and AIA Group Limited (AIA).
Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Naveen Tahilyani
Chairman – Saurabh Agrawal
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Infibeam Avenues Receives RBI In-principle Approval for PA Licence
Infibeam Avenues Limited (IAL), an e-commerce and payments solutions provider, which operates a flagship digital payment gateway CCAvenue app, has received in-principle approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to operate as a payment aggregator (PA).
- Several other payment providers such as Razorpay, Pine Labs, Stripe, 1Pay, Innoviti Payments and MSwipe have also received in-principle approval from the RBI for a PA licence.
- This approval will further expand its reach in multiple business segments for both online and offline digital transactions.
Background – In March 2022, RBI issued a framework for PA in India, under which the PA’s must obtain a mandated licence for acquiring merchants and provide them with digital payment acceptance solutions.
The PA’s are entities that facilitate easy and affordable ways of accepting payments to help small businesses adapt to digital ways in a streamlined manner.
i.IAL provides over 200 multi-currency payment options in India with a run rate of Rs. 4 lakh crore annually.
ii.It has recently launched CCAvenue TapPay mobile app, which is among the world’s advanced omni-channel payment apps.
- The CCAvenue TapPay mobile app features India’s first pin-on-glass SoftPoS solution for merchants and kiranas across India.
Note – Infibeam had already received RBI approval to act as an Operating Unit under Bharat Bill Pay licence.
About Infibeam Avenues Limited (IAL):
Managing Director (MD) – Vishal Mehta
Headquarters – Gandhinagar, Gujarat
SEBI clears Government Proposal to turn Vodafone Idea dues of USD 1.92 billion into Equity
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has approved the Government’s proposal to convert telecom operator Vodafone Idea Limited’s (VIL) debts of over USD 1.92 billion (Rs16,000 crore) into equity.
- After the conversion, the government’s stake in VIL might be greater than 30%, making it one of the company’s top shareholders alongside the United Kingdom’s (UK) Vodafone Group and Aditya Birla Group.
- On 20th October 2022, the shares of VIL closed 0.59% higher at Rs 8.57 each on the BSE (formerly known as the Bombay Stock Exchange).
Note: The government had offered telecom companies the chance to convert their unpaid statutory debts to their equity. Out of 3 major telecommunications, Bharti Airtel and Reliance Jio declined the offer and chose to pay the full amount owed under the law.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
BEL & Meslova signed pact for developing products, services in AI & MLBharat Electronics Limited (BEL), a Navaratna Defence Public Sector Undertaking(PSU) under the Ministry of Defence, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Meslova Systems for cooperation in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) for Air Defence (AD) systems for the armed forces.
- The MoU enables both organisations to develop and deploy products and services, with AI/ML embedded and integrated parts, for AD systems of the armed forces.
Dinesh Kumar Batra, Chairman & Managing Director(CMD) of BEL, and K Satyaprasad, Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Meslova Systems, exchanged the MoU at the Defexpo 2022(18th to 22nd October 2022) in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Features of the MoU:
Under this MoU, BEL and Meslova would jointly develop, build, integrate and deploy embedded products, solutions and systems using AI&ML technologies for the use of AD systems/platforms for domestic and export markets.
About Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL):
Chairman & Managing Director(CMD)– Dinesh Kumar Batra
Established in 1954
Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka
About Meslova Systems:
Meslova Systems is a Research and Development Organization registered in India with development centre in Hyderabad, Telangana.
CEO– K Satyaprasad
Established in 2015
SAIL Signs Contract with AAI for Initiation of Commercial Flights from Rourkela
On 28th October 2022 Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), a public sector enterprise signed a operation and management contract with Airport Authority of India (AAI) for facilitating the start of commercial flights from Rourkela Steel Plant, Odisha.
- Background – In 2018, SAIL had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for using its own airport, for operation of commercial flights under Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik (UDAN).
i.The Odisha government will deliver security, fire, ambulance services and also assists with other local clearances.
ii.AAI, on behalf of SAIL & Rourkela Steel Plant will operate and manage the commercial airport.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) will financially support the upgradation of this airport.
i.UDAN is a flagship project of the central government launched by the MoCA for enhancing the regional air connectivity by providing support in terms of infrastructure and other facilities.
ii.The commercial operations at Rourkela, Bokaro and Burnpur airports under the RCS-UDAN will provide better connectivity and support in the developmental activities.
About Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA):
Union Minister – Jyotiraditya M.Scindia (Rajya Sabha – Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of state – V.K.Singh
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO IPRC Successfully Tests Engine for Gaganyaan at Mahendragiri
On 28th October 2022 Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) Propulsion Research Complex (IPRC) has successfully conducted the ‘Pressure Chamber Test’ of the cryogenic engine (C20 E11 MK III) at Mahendragiri in Tirunelveli district, Tamil Nadu (TN).
- The pressure chamber test was conducted for about 30 seconds to check the efficacy of the engine for use in Gaganyaan, which is designed for India’s human spaceflight programme.
i.The C20 E11 MK III engine is assigned for the LVM3-M3 mission identified for launching the next 36 OneWeb India-1 satellites of the OneWeb, the London-based satellite communications company.
- These satellites will be launched by the NewSpace India Limited (NSIL), the ISRO’s commercial arm, aboard LVM3 in 2023.
ii.The C20 E11 MK III engine was tested after the launch of the 1st set of 36 OneWeb satellites by the NSIL from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC- SHAR), Sriharikota on 23rd October 2022.
iii.OneWeb company will provide enhanced connections and secured solutions backed by Bharti Global to enterprises along with towns, villages, municipalities and schools.
i.NSIL had earlier signed 2 launch service contracts with the Network Access Associated Limited (OneWeb) for launching a total of 72 OneWeb low earth orbit (LEO) satellites on-board ISRO’s Launch Vehicle Mark 3 (LVM3).
ii.LVM3 is a heaviest and a three-stage vehicle with 2 solid motor strap-ons, a liquid propellant core stage and a cryogenic stage that is capable of launching a 4 ton class of satellite to Geosynchronous Transfer orbit.
About NewSpace India Limited (NSIL):
Chairman-cum-Managing Director (CMD) – Radhakrishnan D
Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Established – 2019
Parent organisation – Department of Space
ISSF World Championship Rifle/Pistol 2022 in Egypt: India finishes with 34 medalsIndia’s shooting contingents finished 2nd on the medal tally of the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Championship Rifle/Pistol 2022 with a total of 34 medals(12 golds, 9 silvers and 13 bronze). China tops the medal tally with 58 medals(27 gold, 16 silver and 15 bronze followed by India and Norway(12 medals – 7 Gold, 3 Silver and 2 Bronze.
- ISSF World Championship Rifle/Pistol 2022 was held in Cairo, Egypt from 12th October to 28th October 2022.
- The senior and junior world championship was held simultaneously in Cairo, Egypt.
- More than 1000 athletes from 88 countries participated in the event.
- 25 countries have won medals in 68 events of World Championships (17 from Europe, 7 from Asia and 1 from Americas).
i.India’s Junior shooters have won 25 medals out of the total 34 medals.
ii.The senior shooters of India bagged 2 quotas for the 2024 Paris Olympics. There were 32 direct Olympic quota Spots awarded to top 4 finishers in each of the 8 Olympic shooting events held in the 2022 Championship held in Cairo.
- Rudrankksh Patil, 18 years old, has won the first quota after winning the gold medal in Men’s 10 metre air rifle. He became the second Indian shooter to win 10m air rifle gold at World Championships after Abinav Bindra(2006). He became the 6th Indian shooting world champion after Abinav Bindra, who won the gold medal in 2008 Olympic games(Beijing, China), Tejaswini Sawant, Manavjit Singh Sandu, Om Prakash Mitherval and Ankur Mittal.
BCCI announces Pay Equity Policy for Women Cricketers
On 27th October 2022, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced implementing a pay equity policy for its contracted Women cricketers in the 15th BCCI Apex Council meeting
- The women cricketers will be paid the same match fee as their male counterparts. For a Test match Rs 15 lakhs, for One Day Internationals (ODI) Rs 6 lakhs, and Twenty20 International (T20I) Rs 3 lakhs.
- The existing match fee for women cricketers is for a Test match of Rs. 2.5 lakhs, for ODI Rs 1 lakh, and T20I Rs 1 lakh.
World Stroke Day 2022- October 29
World Stroke Day is annually observed across the globe on October 29 to raise public awareness of the serious nature and high rates of stroke and the preventative steps that can be taken.
i. World Stroke Day 2022 highlights the need to “Learn The Signs Of Stroke And Save #Precioustime”.
- The Precious Time campaign (2-year campaign: 2021-2022) aims to raise awareness about stroke symptoms and the benefits of acting FAST in the aftermath of a stroke.
ii. World Stroke Day was established by the World Stroke Organization (WSO) at the World Stroke Congress which was held in Vancouver, Canada on 29th October 2004.
- In 2006, the annual event of World Stroke Day was started by the WSO.
- The WSO has also declared Stroke as a public health emergency in 2010.
iii. The 1st World Stroke Day was observed on 29th October 2006.
About the World Stroke Organization (WSO):
President- Marc Fisher
Executive Director- Mia Grupper
Headquarters- Geneva, Switzerland
>> Read Full News
Meghalaya signed MoU with CGFTMSE for MSME borrowersOn 28th October 2022, The Finance Department of the Government of Meghalaya signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with the Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGFTMSE) under the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises(MoMSME) to enable the flow of credit to MSME borrowers.
- The MoU was signed with an aim to implement the ‘Meghalaya Credit Guarantee Scheme’.
- The MoU will strengthen the credit delivery system and facilitate the flow of credit to the MSME sector.
- This is a part of the state government’s efforts to encourage and promote entrepreneurship in Meghalaya.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Conrad Sangma, Chief Minister of Meghalaya.
i.At present, the loans availed by the MSME borrowers are covered under the CGTMSE against the risk coverage of 75% of the loan amount under various MSME schemes and the banks perceive their portion of risk at 25%.
ii.This is one of the things that prevents banks from giving loans to MSME borrowers.
i.The launch of MCGS increased the coverage guarantee up to a maximum of 95% and minimise the risk and encourage collateral-free lending by the member lending institutions.
ii.Through this, the Government of Meghalaya is leveraging on the existing CGTMSE scheme of the government of India.
iii.With a contribution of Rs 5 crore, a portfolio of Rs 250 crore would be created with an average loan size of Rs 1 lakh, this state government intervention will assist more than 25,000 units.
iv.The scheme is set to commence(tentatively) from 1st November 2022 and continue till the portfolio reaches a level commensurate with the contribution of the state government.
v.The total corpus commitment towards the proposed MCGS will be increased taking into account the initial performance of the scheme with a corpus of Rs 5 crore.
Chief Minister – Conrad Kongkal Sangma
Governor – Brigadier (Dr.) B.D. Mishra (Retd.)
National Parks – Balphakram National Park, Nokrek Ridge National Park
Gujarat 7th State to achieve 100% Household Tap Water Supply under Jal Jeevan Mission
Gujarat became the seventh state/Union territory to achieve 100 percent household tap water connectivity under the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM).
JJM was launched in 2019 to supply 55 litres of water to every person every day in every rural household through functional tap connections by 2024.
- Goa, Telangana, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Puducherry and Haryana are the states that have already achieved 100% household tap water supply.
- Punjab, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh and Bihar have covered more than 90% of households, and are fast progressing towards attaining 100% coverage.
- Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan and Jharkhand still do not have even 25% coverage of functional tap water connection, which is less than half of the national average of 50%.
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 30 & 31 October 2022|
|1||‘DefExpo 2022′: 12th edition of DefExpo held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat – October 18-22, 2022|
|2||Bilateral Exercise Garuda VII-2022 held between IAF and FASF in Jodhpur, Rajasthan|
|3||LG Manoj Sinha Inaugurates 3-week Long Cultural Festival Jashn-e-Kashmir in J&K|
|4||MoS for Rural Development Faggan Singh Kulaste Inaugurates Saras Food Festival 2022|
|5||WHO Global Tuberculosis Report 2022: TB cases rise for the first time in years in 2021|
|6||SEBI extends deadline for direct ETF transactions to May 1, 2023; Cuts face value for Debt Issues to Rs 1 lakh|
|7||Healthysure & ManipalCigna Health Partners to Launch Flexi Top-up Insurance|
|8||BSE: BSE Technologies Launch KYC Registration Agency; Completes India’s First Successful EGR Transaction|
|9||Tata AIA Life & Medix Partners to Offer Specialised Critical Illness Cover|
|10||Infibeam Avenues Receives RBI In-principle Approval for PA Licence|
|11||SEBI clears Government Proposal to turn Vodafone Idea dues of USD 1.92 billion into Equity|
|12||BEL & Meslova signed pact for developing products, services in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning|
|13||SAIL Signs Contract with AAI for Initiation of Commercial Flights from Rourkela|
|14||ISRO IPRC Successfully Tests Engine for Gaganyaan at Mahendragiri|
|15||ISSF World Championship Rifle/Pistol 2022 in Cairo, Egypt: India finishes with 34 medals|
|16||BCCI announces Pay Equity Policy for Women Cricketers|
|17||World Stroke Day 2022- October 29|
|18||Meghalaya signed MoU with CGFTMSE for MSME borrowers|
|19||Gujarat 7th State to achieve 100% Household Tap Water Supply under Jal Jeevan Mission|