We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 3 September 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Click here for Current Affairs 2 September 2022
MoHUA Minister Hardeep S. Puri presented Smart Solutions Challenge & Inclusive Cities Awards 2022i.On September 1, 2022, Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) presented the Smart Solutions Challenge & Inclusive Cities Awards 2022 which are an initiative of the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) and the United Nations (UN) in India to address city-level accessibility and inclusion challenges faced by persons with disabilities (PwD), women and girls, and the elderly.
ii.In the category of early-stage innovations, the winner was a wearable technology product, Fifth Sense by Glovatrix Pvt. Ltd., that translates sign language gestures to speech and text using sensors and AI.
iii.In the second category of market-ready solutions, Mouseware by Dextroware Devices Pvt. Ltd. was the winner. Mouseware is a head-wearable device that enables hands-free control of computers and smart gadgets.
iv.A ‘Compendium of Smart and Innovative Solutions for an Inclusive & Accessible Urban Future’ was also launched.
About Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA):
Union Minister– Hardeep Singh Puri (Rajya Sabha Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State– Kaushal Kishore (Constituency- Mohanlalganj, Uttar Pradesh)
>> Read Full News
Department of Pharmaceuticals approves the proposal of HP, Gujarat and AP for setting up Bulk Drug Parks
i.On September 1, 2022, the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers (MoC&F) granted in-principle approval to the proposals of three states viz. Himachal Pradesh (HP), Gujarat, and Andhra Pradesh (AP) under the scheme for ‘Promotion of Bulk Drug Parks (BDPs)‘ to support the Bulk Drugs manufacturing in India.
ii.The financial assistance to the proposed Bulk Drug Park (BDP) in Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh will be 70% of the project cost of common infrastructure facilities.
iii.For HP, being Hilly States, financial assistance will be 90% of the project cost.
iv.Maximum assistance under the scheme for one Bulk Drug Park is limited to Rs 1000 crores.
About the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers (MoC&F):
Union Minister– Mansukh Mandaviya (Rajya Sabha Gujarat)
Minister of State (MoS)– Bhagwanth Khuba (Bidar, Karnataka)
>> Read Full News
Cabinet Committee On Security Approves Tejas 2.0 Mega Project
The Tejas Mark-2 Fighting Jet project was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS), which is chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi, at a cost of more than Rs. 6,500 crore. The funding is an addition to the Rs 2,500 crore that was previously approved for Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- Rs 6,500 crore will reportedly be used for prototypes, flight testing and certification.
- The Tejas Mark-2 project will provide a number of enhancements to the flight and combat skills of the indigenous Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA).
- The Tejas Mark-2 (Tejas 2.0) will be an advanced version of Tejas LCA.
- Tejas Mark-2 is being designed and developed by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in collaboration with Aircraft Research and Design Centre (ARDC) of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force (IAF).
Tejas Mark-2 project
i.The Tejas Mark-2 will have a longer combat range and more capacity to carry weapons with more powerful GE-414 engines in the 98 Kilonewton thrust class than the Tejas Mark-1 (GE-404 engines).
- It will have a payload capacity of 4 tonnes, up from 3 tonnes for the current variant.
ii.As the Tejas Mark-1 (13.5 tonnes) was intended to replace outdated MiG-21s, the Mark-2 variant (17.5 tonnes) will replace fighters such as the Mirage-2000s, Jaguars, and MiG-29s in the combat fleet of Indian Air Force (IAF).
About Indian Air Force(IAF):
Chief of the Air Staff – Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari
Established – 1932
>> Read Full News
CMIE: India’s August unemployment highest in last one year at 8.3%
According to the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy Pvt. Ltd (CMIE), India’s unemployment rate surged to a one-year high of 8.3% in August 2022 as employment sequentially fell by 2 million to 394.6 million. This is the highest unemployment rate since August 2021. In July 2022, the unemployment rate was at 6.8% and employment was 397 million.
- In August the urban unemployment rate shot up to 9.6% and the rural unemployment rate also increased to 7.7%. Usually, the urban unemployment rate is higher at about 8% than the rural unemployment rate which is usually around 7%.
- The unemployment rate in rural India rose from 6.1% in July to 7.7% in August and the employment rate fell from 37.6% to 37.3%.
- In August 2022, Haryana recorded the highest unemployment rate (37.3%) followed by Jammu & Kashmir(J&K) 32.8%, Rajasthan 31.4%, Jharkhand 17.3% and Tripura 16.3%.
Indian Army Contingent Participates in Exercise Vostok-2022 In Russia
The Indian Army contingent, made up of personnel from the 7/8 Gorkha Rifles, is participating in the multinational strategic and command Exercise(Ex) Vostok-2022(East 2022), which is taking place from September 01 -07, 2022, at the training grounds of Russia’s Eastern Military District.
Aim: Interaction and cooperation between other participating military contingents and observers.
The Indian Army contingent will participate in joint manoeuvres, including firepower exercises, joint field training exercises, and combat discussions, at seven different locations.
The military exercise involves troops from Algeria, Russia, China, India, Laos, Mongolia, Nicaragua, Syria, and other ex-Soviet countries such as Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan.
Participating contingents include observers from the Collective Security Treaty Organisation, the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
- The exercise involves more than 50,000 troops and more than 5000 items including 140 aircraft, 60 combat ships, gunboats and support vessels from China, India and several other countries.
- This exercise will take place at 7 military training grounds in Russia, which include firing ranges in the Far Eastern Federal District of Russia, the Sea of Okhotsk, and the Sea of Japan.
- The participating countries performs operations such as “practice defensive and offensive operations”
The Chief of the General Staff of Russia, General Valery Gerasimov, will oversee the military drill.
- The seven-day drills include land, air, and maritime components.
i.According to the Indian Ministry of Defence (MoD), the Indian Army Contingent will exchange practical information and put validated procedures, drills, and the integration of modern technologies and tactical exercises into practice.
ii.Japan has expressed opposition to Russia holding the maritime component of Vostok 2022 close to the Southern Kuril Island, which is claimed by both Russia & Japan.
- India has opted not to participate in the marine component in Russia due to Japan’s concerns.
- The India-Japan 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue 2022 will take place later in September 2022, and both countries are represented in the QUAD (United States of America (USA), India, Australia & Japan).
iii.The drill, which will take place in the Sea of Japan and Sea of Okhotsk, will involve warships from the Pacific Fleet of the Russian Navy and the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) of China.
In October 2018, India signed a USD 5.43 billion deal with Russia for 5 squadrons of the S-400 Triumf Air Defence Missile System.
BANKING & FINANCE
SEBI Rejigs Reconstructs Panel on Cyber Security; Expands to Six Members
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has restructured its 4 members, high-level panel on cyber security that suggests measures to safeguard the capital markets from cyber attacks.
- The committee has now expanded to six members, which will be chaired by Navin Kumar Singh, Director General (DG), National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre (NCIIPC).
Other members in the panel:
- Sanjay Bahl DG, Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In);
- H Krishnamurthy, chief research scientist at Indian Institute of Science, (IISC) Bangalore;
- Sandeep Shukla professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering(CSE) in the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur;
- Debdeep Mukhopadhyay, professor at the Department of CSE in IIT Kharagpur; and
- Sugata Gangopadhyay, head of the department (HOD) of CSE at IIT Roorkee.
About the committee:
i.The committee would provide recommendations for the strengthening of processes to audit cyber security and cyber resilience setups in the Indian securities market.
- In May 2017, SEBI had set up the panel, which was headed by the then whole-time member Madhabi Puri Buch, who is currently the chairperson of SEBI.
ii.In order to further strengthen cyber security and cyber resilience, this engages in continuous dialogues with external agencies, such as CERT-In, National Cyber Coordination Centre (NCSC), Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), and leading academic institutions and organisations.
Functions of the committee:
i.The committee oversees and provides guidance on cyber security initiatives for SEBI as well as the entire capital market.
ii.It will also advise SEBI in developing and maintaining cyber security and cyber resilience requirements which are aligned with global best practices and industry standards in accordance with the needs of the Indian capital market structure.
iii.The committee will study major cyber-attack incidents related to financial markets in domestic as well as global markets and identify gaps in the existing cyber security and cyber resilience framework.
- It identifies appropriate measures to improve cyber resilience and disaster recovery process in the Indian securities market.
SBI Card Launches Industry’s First CASHBACK SBI CardSBI Cards and Payment Services Limited (SBI Card) has announced the launch of the ‘CASHBACK SBI Card’, the industry’s first and most comprehensive cashback credit card in India, in order to boost online spending.
- The card offers a simple, seamless, and entirely digital sign-up process and is aimed at every consumer from mass to premium category.
- Consumers can apply for the card through the digital application platform “SBI Card SPRINT” from anywhere in India, including Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
Privileges on CASHBACK SBI Card
i.The first cashback-focused credit card in the industry allows ‘Cashback SBI Card’ customers will earn unlimited 1% cashback on all spending and consumers to earn 5% cashback on every online spend without any merchant restrictions (up to a maximum of Rs. 10,000 per monthly statement cycle).
ii.As a special promotion, the contactless card is free for the first year till March 2023.
iii.Within two days of the next statement generation, cashback will be automatically credited to the corresponding SBI Card account.
iv.A Rs. 999 annual fee reversal is given after spending Rs. 2 lakh or more in a card membership year.
Official Link for More Details about the Features
About SBI Cards and Payment Services Limited (SBI Card):
MD & CEO – Rama Mohan Rao Amara
Founded – 1998
Headquarters – Gurugram, Haryana
BFSL & Snapdeal Partners with NPCI & JCB to Launch Snapdeal BoB JCB RuPay Credit Card
BOB Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL), the wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda (BoB) and Snapdeal in partnership with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Japan’s JCB International Company Limited (JCB) launched the ‘Snapdeal BoB JCB RuPay Credit Card’.
- The Snapdeal BoB JCB RuPay Credit Card is a co-branded contactless credit card, through which users will receive up to 5 percent unlimited cashback (20 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent) on the Snapdeal app and website.
i.Activation of the co-branded credit card is done within 30 days of issuance and the cardholders will be entitled to shopping benefits on Snapdeal worth up to Rs. 500.
- The card also offers 10 Reward points per Rs. 100 spent on online, grocery and departmental store spends.
- In addition, the customers will get 4 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent for purchases in all other categories.
ii.The cardholders will enjoy free Add-On cards for family members, waiver of 1 percent fuel surcharge, easy Equated Monthly Instalment (EMI) options (pre and post purchase), and periodic offers across merchants.
iii.The card can also be used at international merchants and Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) through the extensive JCB global network, the only international payment brand based in Japan.
About BOB Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL):
MD & CEO – Shailendra Singh
Establishment – 1994
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
SBI trims GDP growth forecast to 6.8% for FY23The State Bank of India (SBI) Chief Economist Soumya Kanti Ghosh, has slashed India’s full-year GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth forecast to 6.8% for FY23 from the earlier 7.5%.
- The reason behind this downward revision is statistical adjustments. On the other hand, it expects growth momentum to increase in the second half of FY23.
- For Q1FY23, the economist had forecasted GDP growth at 15.7%. In the remaining quarters, GDP growth will be at 6.9% in Q2FY23, further dropping to 4.1% in Q3 followed by a 4% rate in Q4.
i.India’s real GDP growth is at 13.5% which is contracted by 9.6% sequentially, but the seasonally adjusted real GDP growth series shows a pick-up with higher growth at 5.6% sequentially in Q1 compared to -4.1% in Q1FY22 and 1.9% in Q4FY22.
ii.India’s nominal GDP growth came at 26.7% from 32.4% in Q1FY22 and 14.9% in Q4FY22.
iii.During Q1 FY23, the manufacturing sector recorded a growth of 4.8% which is down from 49% in Q1FY23.
iv.The growth rate in construction stood at 16.8% in Q1FY23, a drop from 71.3% in Q1FY22.
- Also, mining and quarrying growth declined to 6.5% from 18% in Q1 of FY22.
v.Recently, the National Statistical Office (NSO) also released the data for Q1FY23, where the economy grew at 13.5%, a decline from 20.1% in Q1FY22.
BEL Signs MoU with Smiths Detection for High-Energy Scanning Systems
Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), a Defence public sector undertaking (PSU) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Smiths Detection Group Ltd., a threat detection and security inspection technologies company, to offer advanced, high-energy scanning systems to the Indian market.
The MoU is for a period of 5 years and can be extended further.
i.The MoU, signed in line with ‘Make in India’ initiative, will leverage the high-end, technological capabilities of both the firms to meet India’s security needs.
ii.According to the agreement, BEL will handle front-end requirements in the market, supporting the localisation of projects whereas Smiths Detection will provide its expertise and screening technology for the project.
Note – To facilitate the ease of doing business and enhance safety, the Indian government is investing in port and land border security.
About Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL):
Chairman & Managing Director (MD) – Dinesh Kumar Batra
Establishment – 1954
Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
PwC partners with Coursera to bridge skill gap in taxation space
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), an international professional service firm, has partnered with Coursera, United States(US) based global learning platform, to address India’s current and future skill gap in the taxation space.
The partnership aims to make future professionals of India job-ready and provide technical abilities and required skills.
i.PwC in collaboration with Coursera will develop two entry-level skilled certificates – GST (Goods and Services Tax) Tax Executive and Direct Tax Executive. These are aimed at achieving skilling at scale and creating larger employment alternatives.
ii.The entry-level professional certificates will take around 24 weeks to finish.
- These certificates will offer a foundational understanding of the GST and Direct tax practices through projects and instructions and equip them with the knowledge required for beginners’ roles in the field.
iii.These programs will be launched in September 2022 and early 2023.
iv.PwC will also be working with Coursera to ascertain a ‘Tax Academy’, a data hub that will be equipped India’s taxation professionals.
Headquarters-California, United State (US)
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
RMAF announced winners of 64th Ramon Magsaysay Award 2022
The Board of Trustees of the Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation (RMAF) announced the winner of the 64th Ramon Magsaysay Award 2022. The 2022 Ramon Magsaysay Awardees are Sotheara Chhim (Cambodia), Bernadette Madrid (Philippines), Tadashi Hattori (Japan) and Gary Bencheghib (Indonesia).
- The theme of 2022 Awards is “Greatness of Spirit, Beyond Borders”.
About Ramon Magsaysay Award:
i.The Ramon Magsaysay Award, established in 1957, is Asia’s greatest honour and distinction. The award is managed by RMAF.
ii.It is named after Ramon Magsaysay, the Seventh President of the Philippines.
- The award is regarded around the world as “Asia’s Nobel Prize”.
iii.The prize is annually presented in a ceremonial ceremony in Manila, Philippines on August 31.
The first Ramon Magsaysay Awards ceremony was held on 31st August 1958.
- Vinoba Bhave(India), was one of the inaugural recipients of the Ramon Magsaysay Award (1958).
Note: Ravish Kumar, an Indian journalist, received the Ramon Magsaysay Award in 2019 for “using journalism to give voice to the voiceless.
About recipients Ramon Magsaysay Award 2022:
i.Sotheara Chhim-He is a mental health advocate from Cambodia. He is a leading voice in Cambodian trauma syndrome.
He is being recognized for “his calm courage in surmounting deep trauma to become his people’s healer”.
ii.Tadashi Hattori-He is a sight-saving humanitarian from Japan.
He is being recognized for his simple humanity and extraordinary generosity as a person and a professional.
iii.Bernadette J. Madrid-She is a children’s rights crusader from the Philippines.
She is being recognized for “her unassuming and steadfast commitment to a noble and demanding advocacy.
iv.Gary Bencheghib-He is an anti-plastic pollution warrior from Indonesia.
He is being recognized for Emergent Leadership for “his inspiring fight against marine plastic pollution.
About Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation (RMAF):
RMAF is an international wholly independent non-profit organization.
Chairman-Aurelio R. Montinola III
President– Susanna B. Afan
Headquarters- Manila, Philippines.
City of Markham in Canada named a Street After AR Rahman
AR Rahman, the Oscar Award-winning musician was honoured by naming a street after him in Markham, Ontario, Canada.
- He shared his note for the authorities of Markham’s Mayor Frank Scarpitt and counsellors; Indian Consulate General, Apoorva Srivastava and the people of Canada.
- Naming the street after Rahman was a return honour back in November 2013.
- Later, when the street was named after him in Canada, he felt more responsible and assured to keep putting in hard work and inspire people.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Kalyan Chaubey becomes new President of All India Football Federation
On 2nd September 2022 the former Indian Footballer and Indian Politician (BJP), Kalyan Chaubey from West Bengal defeated former Indian Professional Footballer Bhaichung Bhutia from Sikkim, in 33-1 polls to become new President of All India Football Federation (AIFF).
- Kalyan Chaubey replaces the long time president Praful Patel (2009-2022).
- In AIFFs 85-year history, Chaubey is the first former Indian player to chair as President in the football federation.
About Kalyan Chaubey and His Sports Career:
i.Chaubey is a graduate of Tata Football Academy in 1995 and became a professional football player. He played as a goalkeeper and won the award “Indian Goalkeeper of the Year” in 1997-98 and 2001-02
ii.He was a member of the Indian teams at U-17 Asian Youth Championship 1994 in Iran and U-20 Asian Youth Championship 1996 in South Korea. The senior international team from 1999 – 2006.
iii. Chaubey won the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Championship twice (1999 and 2005) with India and won the South Asian Games bronze medal in 1999.
iv. After his retirement, Chaubey took over as the CEO of Mohun Baagan Academy from 2010-2013.
Serbia’s President nominated Ana Brnabic as Prime Minister of Serbia until 2024
Ana Brnabic has been nominated as prime minister (PM) of Serbia by Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic for the second consecutive time. Ana Brnabic who was 46 years old became Serbia’s first female and first openly gay person to hold this postion.
- She has beenPrime Minister of Serbia since 2017 and her term will be continued till 2024.
- She was born in Belgrade,the capital city of Serbia.
- In August 2016, she was appointed as the Minister of Public Administration and Local Self-Government. In addition, she is the president of the Council for Innovative Entrepreneurship and Information Technologies of the Government of Serbia.
- In 2019, Brnabić was ranked by Forbes magazine as the 88th most powerful woman in the world and as the 19th most powerful female political and policy leader.
Crisis in Serbia
- Serbia is almost entirely dependent on Russian gas and has also bought weapons from Russia, while China is a major investor for Serbia.
- Both China and Russia support Serbia’s opposition to the independence of Kosovo, Belgrade’s former southern province.
President – Aleksandar Vučić
Capital – Belgrade
Currency – Serbian dinar
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Union Home Minister Amit Shah Launches “CAPF e-Awas” Portal
Union Minister Amit Shah, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), has launched the “CAPF e-Awas“ portal for the purpose of allocating residential quarters to the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) personnel, in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The “CAPF e-Awas” portal, which promotes transparency and accountability, would abolish the “caste system” in the allocation of residential quarters to jawans.
i.In the CAPFs, a mechanism has been established under which only personnel of the force for whom the houses have been built are eligible to receive them. As a result, thousands of houses have been unoccupied.
ii.The introduction of the e-Awas portal has rectified it, and now personnel from other CAPFs will have access to vacant houses.
iii.The MHA and the National Health Authority (NHA) have jointly launched the ‘Ayushman CAPF’ scheme to deliver cashless healthcare services to serving CAPF personnel and their dependents through the “Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana”(AB-PMJAY) IT (information technology) platform.
About Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA):
Union Minister – Amit Shah (Gandhi Nagar Constituency, Gujarat)
Minister of State (MoS) – Nityanand Rai; Ajay Kumar Mishra; Nisith Pramanik
>> Read Full News
DBT & SII launches India’s First Indigenously-developed vaccine to prevent Cervical Cancer
India had launched its First indigenously-developed quadrivalent Human Papilloma Virus (qHPV) vaccine on 1 September, 2022 against Cervical Cancer.
This vaccine was developed by the Serum Institute of India (SII) and the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) and the market was granted by the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI), which was recommended by the Subject Expert Committee (SEC).
- The Union Minister of Science and Technology Jitendra Singh was invited to launch the vaccine at India International Centre (IIC), Delhi, New Delhi.
- SII reported that the Centre can supply around 1 crore doses of qHPV by December 2022.
- As per the data of the World Health Organisation (WHO), 41,91,000 women have died due to Cervical Cancer since 2019 (in India).
- In India, Cervical Cancer ranks 2nd most frequent cancer among women between 15 and 44 years of age.
World Coconut Day 2022- September 2
World Coconut Day is annually celebrated across the globe on 2nd September to promote coconuts and bring awareness regarding its value and health benefits.
- The 2 September 2022 marks the 14th observance of World Coconut Day.
- The theme of World Coconut Day 2022-“Cultivate Coconut For A Happy Life And Future”.
- The Day aims to raise awareness about the use and benefits of coconuts across various industries.
i.In India, the day is celebrated with the support of the Coconut Development Board (CDB) across the states such as Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Goa, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, etc.
ii.The Day also coincides with the Foundation Day of the International Coconut Community (ICC) formerly known as Asian and Pacific Coconut Community (APCC).
>> Read Full News
Internaut Day 2022 – August 23
The Internaut Day is annually observed across the world on 23 August to commemorate the invention of the World Wide Web (WWW).
- August 23 marks the day when the World Wide Web was opened to the public back in the year 1991 for the first time by WWW inventor Tim Berners Lee(British Scientist at CERN) as he allowed its access.
- An “internaut” is a person who possesses a thorough knowledge of how to use the Internet and its history.
In 1990, with Robert Cailliau, the British scientist prepared a ‘hypertext project’ which was called ‘WorldWideWeb.’
On 30th April 1993, CERN(the European Organization for Nuclear Research) made the source code of WorldWideWeb available on a royalty-free basis, making it free software
Karnataka Government unveils the Global Startup Challenge “VentuRISE”
On 1 September 2022, the Government of Karnataka launched the Global Startup Challenge “VentuRISE”, to support the growth stage of startups in manufacturing and sustainability sectors.
- The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE),the largest network of entrepreneurs dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship, and TiE Bangalore and the Department of Industries and Commerce have partnered to initiate this global startup challenge.
- Amazon, a well known E-commerce giant is sponsoring the initiative.
- Minister for Large and Medium Industries, Murugesh R Nirani unveiled the logo of VentuRISE.
- “VentuRISE” – is a part of the flagship event Global Investors Meet – “Invest Karnataka 2022″ from 2nd to 4th November 2022 at the Bangalore Palace,Karnataka.
i.The Global Challenge is to provide a platform to showcase the innovative products or solutions of the budding entrepreneurs to connect with the potential investors.
ii.Karnataka Government aims to promote their state as the preferred location for startups in manufacturing and sustainability-related sectors through this global challenge.
iii. It helps to attract investors and industry partners to reach and support entrepreneurs’ growth journey.
Chief Minister(CM)- Basavaraj Bommai
Governor- Thaawarchand Gehlot
Parivar Kalyan Card: Centre Approves UP Family ID Plan
The Central Government through the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) granted permission to the Uttar Pradesh (UP) government for the launch of UP Family ID Plan or Parivar Kalyan Card for its residents.
- After this approval the UP government will issue a family identity card (Parivar Kalyan Card) to map each family in the state and is expected to launch its portal for application of family IDs in two weeks.
- The MeitY gave its clearance by using Aadhaar card and ration card for authentication to verify the details being used in the UP-Family ID Card.
About UP Parivar Kalyan Card scheme (UP Family ID Card Scheme):
i.Under the scheme, the UP government will identify a family unit and its members and also qualify them as beneficiaries for various government schemes ranging from employment, pensions and housing benefits among others.
ii.The 12-digit card will help the UP government keep a tap on the government scheme benefits received by a family.
iii.To understand the opportunities and challenges involved in the implementation of the UP-Family ID Scheme, the UP government launched a pilot project in Prayagraj, UP.
- Under the pilot project, families within the district were identified based on their ration card data and beneficiaries for different government schemes were mapped accordingly.
- Under the programme, family units will be allowed to register to receive a 12 Digit Family ID on the basis of which different persons within the family would be identified to receive benefits under government schemes.
Similar schemes were also launched by different state govt in India including ‘Parivar Pehchan Patra’ in Haryana and ‘Kutumba Card’ in Karnataka.
Senior IAS Officer Paban took charge as Chief Secretary, Assam
On 1st September 2022, Paban Kumar Borthakur, senior IAS officer, took charge as the new Chief Secretary of Assam.
- Borthakur replaced Jishnu Barua, who retired from service on 31 August 2022. Barua will continue as the Chairman of Assam Power Distribution Company Limited (APDCL).
- Borthakur, a 1989-batch IAS officer, previously served as the Additional Chief Secretary to the State Government in the transformation and development, cultural affairs and tourism departments.
- List of Current Governors in India – AUGUST 2022
- List of Current Chief Ministers in India – AUGUST 2022
List of Less Important News – Click Here
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 3 September 2022|
|1||MoHUA Minister Hardeep S. Puri presented Smart Solutions Challenge & Inclusive Cities Awards 2022|
|2||Department of Pharmaceuticals approves the proposal of HP, Gujarat and AP for setting up Bulk Drug Parks|
|3||Cabinet Committee On Security Approves Tejas 2.0 Mega Project|
|4||CMIE: India’s August unemployment highest in last one year at 8.3%|
|5||Indian Army Contingent Participates in Exercise Vostok-2022 In Russia|
|6||SEBI Rejigs Reconstructs Panel on Cyber Security; Expands to Six Members|
|7||SBI Card Launches Industry’s First CASHBACK SBI Card|
|8||BFSL & Snapdeal Partners with NPCI & JCB to Launch Snapdeal BoB JCB RuPay Credit Card|
|9||SBI trims GDP growth forecast to 6.8% for FY23|
|10||BEL Signs MoU with Smiths Detection for High-Energy Scanning Systems|
|11||PwC partners with Coursera to bridge skill gap in taxation space|
|12||RMAF announced winners of 64th Ramon Magsaysay Awards 2022|
|13||City of Markham in Canada named a Street After AR Rahman|
|14||Kalyan Chaubey beats Bhaichung Bhutia becomes new AIFF President|
|15||Serbian President Nominates Ana Brnabic to Serve as PM Once Again|
|16||Union Home Minister Amit Shah Launches “CAPF e-Awas” Portal|
|17||DBT & SII launches India’s First Indigenously-developed vaccine to prevent Cervical Cancer|
|18||World Coconut Day 2022- September 2|
|19||Internaut Day 2022 – August 23|
|20||Karnataka Government unveils the Global Startup Challenge “VentuRISE”|
|21||Parivar Kalyan Card: Centre Approves UP Family ID Plan|
|22||Senior IAS Officer Paban took charge as Chief Secretary, Assam|