We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 3 June 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs June 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Click here for Current Affairs 2 June 2022
Cabinet Approval on June 01, 2022
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has approved the following proposals:
i. Expanding the mandate of Government e Marketplace – Special Purpose Vehicle (GeM – SPV) to allow procurement by Cooperatives as Buyers.
ii.Relaxation in educational qualification for the post of Constable to recruit native tribal youth as Constables in CRPF through recruitment rally from the interior areas of Bijapur, Dantewada and Sukma districts of Chhattisgarh State.
Government e Marketplace – Special Purpose Vehicle (GeM – SPV)
i. The Ministry of Commerce and Industry, established the Government e Marketplace (GeM) on August 9, 2016 to create an open and transparent procurement platform for government buyers.
- On May 17th, 2017, Government e-Marketplace – Special Purpose Vehicle (GeM SPV) was established as the National Public Procurement Portal, following the approval of the Union Cabinet on April 12th, 2017
The Government e-Marketplace (GeM) has developed an IT (Information Technology) module for the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to integrate competent financial authorities and Internal Financial Advisers (IFA) for online e-concurrence and approval of procurement proposals on the GeM portal.
About Ministry of Cooperation:
Union Minister – Amit Shah (Gandhi Nagar Constituency, Gujarat)
Minister of State (MoS) – B. L. Verma (Rajya Sabha – Uttar Pradesh)
>> Read Full News
Blue Dart signs UNFCCC Climate Neutral Now pledge
Blue Dart Express Limited, an Indian logistics company and a part of the Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group has signed the ‘Climate Neutral Now’ (CNN) pledge framed by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) to ambitious CO2 reduction targets and the company’s long term goal is to reduce GHG emissions to net zero by 2050.
- DPDHL Group has taken a measures worth up to Euro 7 billion to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 in line with the Paris Climate Agreement.
What is Climate Neutral Now (CNN)
Climate Neutral Now (CNN) was launched in 2015.It is one of several initiatives launched by the UNFCCC secretariat to increase climate action by engaging non-Party stakeholders (sub-national governments, companies, organizations, individuals).
i.Climate Neutral Now aims to contribute to limiting the raise of the temperature by proposing an immediate set of actions: measure, reduce and offset with trustworthy units, recognized under the United Nations.
ii.Climate Neutral Now Initiative encourages and supports organizations and other interested stakeholders to act now in order to achieve a climate neutral world by 2050 as per the Paris Agreement.
iii. The initiative is a tool to promote voluntary action on climate change.
iv.Climate neutrality is a three step process, which requires individuals, companies and governments to:
- Measure their climate footprint;
- Reduce their emissions as much as possible;
- Offset what they cannot reduce with UN certified emission reductions.
About Blue Dart
Headquarter – Mumbai,Maharashtra
Chairman –Sharad Upasani
TRW’s Road accidents in India 2020 : Road Accidents Significantly Declined In 2020
As per report ‘Road accidents in India — 2020’, prepared by Transport Research Wing (TRW) of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH), the number of road accidents has been on decline since 2016 except for a marginal increase of 0.46 per cent in 2018.
- In India, road accident parameters decreased in 2020 compared to 2019. According to government data released recently, traffic accidents declined by 18.46% on average, deaths decreased by 12.84%, and injuries decreased by 22.84% in 2020.
- Data/information provided in this report is sourced from police departments of States/Union Territories collected on calendar year basis in standardized formats as provided by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) under the Asia Pacific Road Accident Data (APRAD) base project.
- A decline in the number of fatal accidents, i.e., accidents involving at least one death. A total of 1, 20,806 fatal accidents were reported in 2020, which is 12.23 per cent lower than the 2019 figure of 1, 37,689.
i.Except for a 0.46 percent increase in 2018, the number of traffic accidents has been decreasing since 2016.
ii.In 2020, the total number of road accident fatalities fell for the second year in a row.
iii.Similarly, the number of injured people has been decreasing since 2015. For the third year in a row, the majority of fatal traffic accident casualties in 2020 will be young individuals in productive age groups.
iv.Young adults between 18 to 45 years old accounted for 69% of the victims in 2020. People between the ages of 18 and 60 make up 87.4% of all road accident fatalities.
v.A total of 3,66,138 road accidents have been reported by States and Union Territories (UTs) during the calendar year 2020, which claimed 1,31,714 lives and caused 3, 48,279 injuries.
- Major States that achieved significant reduction in road accidents in 2020 are Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Karnataka.
- Major States that achieved significant reduction in road accident fatalities in 2020 are Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh.
GoI Targets to increase Coal Gasification to 100 Million Tonnes by 2030
While addressing the National Mineral Congress held in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, Vinod Kumar Tiwari, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Coal, highlighted that the government of India(GoI) has set a target to increase coal gasification to 100 million tonnes (MT) by 2030.
He also stated that GoI has also prepared a National Mission document to achieve 100 MT Coal Gasification by 2030.
Coal Gasification is considered a cleaner option compared to the burning of coal and gasification facilitates the utilisation of the chemical properties of coal.
India to introduce c-TB ‘made in India’ skin test for TB
Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare(MoHFW) stated that India will introduce c-TB, a newly approved, cost-effective “Made in India” Tuberculosis (TB) infection skin test. This new tool will also benefit the other high burden countries.
- He also stated that the government will also launch a new initiative “Adopt people with TB”, based on Indian values of collectivism. This will call upon the corporates, industries, organisations, political parties and individuals to adopt and offer nutritional and social support to TB-infected people and family.
GoI Forms Inter-Ministerial Panel to Regulate Online Gaming Industry
The government of India (GoI) has established a 7 member inter-ministerial panel to work on regulations for the online gaming industry and identify a nodal ministry to monitor and look after the online gaming sector.
- The panel includes Amitabh Kant, CEO of Niti Aayog along with secretaries of Home Affairs, Revenue, Industries and Internal Trade, Electronics and Information Technology, Information and Broadcasting and Sports.
- The panel will assess various aspects to promote online gaming and frame regulatory mechanisms for online gaming, protection of gamers, and ease of doing business, among others.
- This will go on a long way in eliminating the complexities and compliance burden on the online gaming platform operators.
India & Sweden Host Industry Transition Dialogue In Stockholm, Sweden
On 1st June 2022, India and Sweden hosted the Industry transition Dialogue in Stockholm, Sweden, as a part of the India-Sweden joint initiative “Leadership for Industry Transition (LeadIT)”.
- LeadIT focuses on hard to abate sectors, which are the major stakeholders in the global climate action and require specific interventions.
The high level of dialogue contributed to the United Nations(UN) Conference – “Stockholm+50: a healthy planet for the prosperity of all – our responsibility, our opportunity”, which is being held on 2nd & 3rd June 2022 and set the agenda for Conference of Parties 27 (COP27).
Bhupender Yadav, Union Minister for the Environment, Forestry and Climate Change, Government of India(GoI) and Annika Strandhäll. Minister for Climate and the Environment, Government of Sweden addressed the event.
i.The roundtable dialogues on Priorities for implementation 2022-23, chaired by India, discussed the need for speed and scale in climate action.
ii.The participated countries and companies shared their initiatives, success stories and plans for the future.
About Industry Transition Dialogue:
i.Industry Transition Dialogue is an initiative to follow up on commitments from COP26 (Held in 2021 in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom) and discuss the scale of action required for heavy industry sectors to meet the 1.5°C targets.
ii.In connection with the Industry Transition Dialogue, participants will have the possibility to visit steel and cement companies in Sweden leading the way towards near net-zero emissions production by 2030 and carbon-neutral transport and buildings.
About Leadership for Industry Transition (LeadIT):
i.LeadIT gathers countries and companies that are committed to action to achieve the Paris Agreement.
ii.It was launched by the governments of Sweden and India at the UN Climate Action Summit in September 2019 and is supported by the World Economic Forum(WEF).
Note: Recently, Japan and South Africa officially joined the LeadIT. This extends the total membership of LeadIT to 37, which includes countries and companies.
“Stockholm+50” is an international meeting convened by the United Nations General Assembly(UNGA), held in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Stockholm Conference marks the 50th anniversary of the first UN Conference on the Human Environment, held in Stockholm, Sweden on June 5-16, 1972.
- The Stockholm conference led to the creation of the UN Environment Programme which plays a vital role in voicing out the state of the environment.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI’s Annual report for 2021-2022; Caution Banks against slippages on Advances
i.The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its ‘Annual report for 2021-2022’ has cautioned commercial banks of the risk of increased slippages on advances that were restructured during the Covid-19 pandemic.
ii.Slippages are when a bank’s assets become a non-performing asset (NPA) owing to the borrower not paying interest for over 90 days.
iii.While, advances are funds provided by the bank to an entity for a specific purpose, to be repayable after a short duration.
iv.As per the Annual Report Data, RBIs balance sheet has increased by Rs 4,82,633.14 crore, i.e, 8.46% from Rs 57,07,669.13 crore as on March 31, 2021 to Rs 61,90,302.27 crore as on March 31, 2022.
v.The total number of Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICNs) of all denominations detected in the banking sector increased to 2,30,971 pieces from 2,08,625 pieces in the previous fiscal.
About RBI’s Annual Report:
It is a Report of the Central Board of Directors on the working of the RBI for the year ended March 31, 2022 which is submitted to the Central Government in terms of Section 53(2) of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
>> Read Full News
SBI General Insurance Launches New Health Insurance Vertical
SBI General Insurance Company Limited, one of India’s fastest-growing private general insurance companies, has introduced a new health insurance vertical, through which it intends to focus on new innovative health products and an in-house claim settlement process, among other things, to improve customer experience.
- SBI General Insurance is a subsidiary of the State Bank of India (SBI), India’s largest and premier commercial bank.
i. Its primary goal is to make health care more affordable throughout India and to rank among the top three general insurance firms for health in the next three years.
ii.Using SBI’s extensive reach and network, SBI General Insurancehopes to further establish health insurance penetration in tier 3 and 4 markets across India.
iii. The COVID-19 pandemic has increased public awareness and demand for health insurance products, with SBI General Insurance recording a 50% growth in Gross Written Premium (GWP) in 2021-22.
Recent Collaborations of SBI General Insurance
i. SBI General Insurance has teamed with Apollo 24/7 to provide its customers with access to a variety of services provided by Apollo 24/7.
- These services include tele/video medical consultations with over 9000+ verified Apollo doctors from anywhere, at any time, and are meant to make consumers’ medical journeys easier.
- These benefits and services can be availed under the ‘SBI General Sanjeevani’ section on SBI General mobile app
ii.SBI General has partnered with Sevamob, an organisation dedicated to improving the health of women, children, and senior citizens in northern India, especially in Uttar Pradesh.
About SBI General Insurance Company Limited:
MD & CEO – Prakash Chandra Kandpal
Establishment – 2009
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
CarTrade Tech & IDFC FIRST Bank Teams Up to Offer Used-Car Financing Solutions
CarTrade Tech Ltd., a multi-channel vehicle buying and selling platform, has teamed up with IDFC FIRST Bank to provide used car buyers with easy and smart financing options.
- ‘CarWale abSure’ is CarTrade Tech’s used car platform, which is the most reliable source for high-quality pre-owned cars.
i. IDFC FIRST Bank will be one of the preferred financiers for customers purchasing used vehicles from CarWaleabSure’s dealers as part of the partnership, with customized offerings to meet the demands of the customers.
ii.It will provide a stress-free experience based on trust and reliability, while also increasing liquidity in the used car market.
iii. The scorecard-based loan sanctioning and end-to-end digitised and automated loan onboarding journey offered by IDFC FIRST Bank will empower CarTrade/CarWale abSure dealers while also providing a streamlined loan processing experience to customers.
About IDFC FIRST Bank Limited:
MD & CEO – V. Vaidyanathan
Establishment – December 18, 2018
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline – Always You FIRST
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
India’s GDP grows 4.1% in Q4FY22; expands 8.7% in FY22: NSO Datai.In accordance with the ‘Provisional Estimates of Annual National Income 2021-22 and Quarterly Estimates of Gross Domestic Product for the Fourth Quarter (Q4) of 2021-22’ by National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), India’s economy grew by 4.1% year-on-year (y-o-y) in the Q4FY22 (January-March quarter of 2021-22).
ii.The overall growth estimate for FY22 is reduced to 8.7% from 8.9% projected earlier. However, this is the highest in 22 years in terms of back series data.
iii.In FY21, the economy had contracted by 6.6% amid COVID-19 pandemic disrupted business activities.
iv.The Office of Economic Adviser, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has released Index of Eight Core Industries (ICI) for the Month of April, 2022. In accordance with this, the combined Index of Eight Core Industries stood at 143.2 in April 2022.
>> Read Full News
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Fortune 500 World’s top 10 Highest-Paid CEOs in 2021
Elon Musk, Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Tesla and SpaceX has topped the Fortune 500’s list of the World’s top 10 highest paid CEO in 2021. According to the Fortune 500 list, he has also topped the list of the world’s most highly compensated CEOs in 2021 with compensation worth around USD 23.5 billion.
- Elon Musk is followed by Tim Cook, CEO of Apple(USD 770.5 million) ranked 2nd and Jensen Huang, co-founder of NVIDIA(USD 561 million) ranked 3rd.
- Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft, who received a salary of USD 309.4 million in 2021, has secured the 7th rank on the list. He is the only Indian origin person to feature on the list.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Rajesh Gera Appointed DG of National Informatics Centre (NIC)
Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of the Senior Scientist Rajesh Gera as the Director General, National Informatics Centre (NIC) under Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY). Senior scientist Rajesh Gera was a Deputy Director General in the NIC earlier.
i.ACC approved the appointment of Kimbuong Kipgen as Secretary, Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) after his retirement on contractual basis for a period of one year.
ii.The Ministry of Personnel has extended the Central Deputation tenure of 1996 batch IAS officer – Lav Agarwal, Joint Secretary of Department of Health & Family Welfare, to a period till 28.08.2023 or until further notices.
About National Informatics Centre (NIC):-
The NIC is under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
Established in – 1976
Headquarters – New Delhi,Delhi
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
NCLT approves Amalgamation of two Panasonic India entities – Panasonic India & Panasonic Life Solutions India
On 19th May 2022, the Chandigarh bench of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) approved the amalgamation of two Panasonic India entities Panasonic India Private Limited, with Panasonic Life Solutions India. The income tax department has raised objections to the merger over the chances of the anti-abuse provisions of the General Anti-Avoidance Rule (GAAR) arising in the future.
Panasonic, the Japan-based tech brand approached the NCLT for the merger of loss-making Panasonic India with the profit-making Panasonic Life Solutions India solely aims at tax avoidance.
- The bench also added that the tax department could use the GAAR in the future.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
GoI Plans to Launch ‘Jan Samarth’, a Common Portal To Improve the Ease of Living
The government of India(GoI) is set to launch a ‘Jan Samarth’ portal to improve the ease of living for the common man. This is a common portal for the delivery of various schemes run by different ministries and departments.
Initially, the new portal plans to onboard 15 credit-linked government schemes, as a part of GoI’s vision of Minimum Government Maximum Governance.
- The portal will be gradually extended, depending on the compatibility, since various centrally sponsored schemes involve multiple agencies.
- The portal aims to bring together several schemes on a single platform and enable the beneficiaries to access them without any hassle.
- Jan Samarth portal with open architecture will enable the state government and other institutions to onboard their schemes in this portal.
Gujarat Titans – Winners Of The 15th Edition Of TATA IPL 2022 On May 29, 2022, Gujarat Titans (GT) led by Captain Hardik Himanshu Pandya won the 15th edition of TATA sponsored Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 and lifted their maiden IPL trophy in their first IPL season, by defeating Rajasthan Royals (RR) at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Gujarat Titans were awarded the TATA IPL 2022 trophy with the prize amount of Rs 20 crore.
- Ashish Nehra becomes the first Indian Head coach (Gujarat Titans) to win an IPL trophy.
Women’s T20 Challenge 2022
The Fourth edition of Women’s T20 Challenge (2022) took place in India, in which a total of 3 teams participated. Supernovas women (Supernovas) won the Women’s T20 Challenge 2022, defeating Velocity by 4 runs in the final of the tournament, which was held at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune, Maharashtra.
Founded – 2008
Founder – Lalit Modi
1st Title Winner – Rajasthan Royals (Captain – Shane Warne)
Most IPL Titles – Mumbai Indians (5 Titles – 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020)
>> Read Full News
India won Bronze Medal at 2022 Men’s Asia Cup Hockey
India beat Japan and won the bronze medal at 2022 Hero Men’s Hockey Asia Cup, the quadrennial international men’s field hockey championship of Asia.It is the 11th edition of Men’s Hockey Asia Cup which was held at the GBK Sports Complex in Jakarta,Indonesia from May 23 – June 1,2022.
- South Korea won the gold in the 11th edition and grabbed its men’s Hockey Asia Cup title. South Korea 5 times Gold Medalist(1994, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2022). Malaysia placed second and won the silver medal.
- It was organised by the Asian Hockey Federation(AHF).
i.Birendra Lakra was the Captain of the Indian team and SV Sunil was the Vice Captain.
ii.India’s Uttam Kumar became the Rising Star of the Tournament.
iii.India & Pakistan each won the title three times.
The top three teams not already qualified will qualify for the 2023 Men’s FIH Hockey World Cup.
Note :- India will host the 2023 Men’s FIH Hockey World Cup or 15th edition of the Men’s International Hockey Federation (FIH) World Cup.
Awards & Recognition :-
i.Key Awards bestowed in 2022 Edition of Asia Cup are:
- Top scorer of the tournament: Razie Rahim of Malaysia who scored 13 goals.
- Promising Goalkeeper of the Tournament: Akmal Hussain of Pakistan
- Best Goalkeeper of the Tournament: Takashi Yoshikawa of Japan
- Rising Star of the Tournament: India’s Uttam Singh
- Hero Best Player of the Tournament: Jang Jonghyun of Korea
AHF Athlete Ambassador : SV Sunil of India
AHF Athlete Ambassador: Razie Rahim of Malaysia
AHF Athlete Ambassador: Mubashar Ali of Pakistan
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh released 2 E-Books on 8 Years of Administrative and Pension reforms of DoPPW & DARPG
Dr Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State(MoS), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions released 2 e-books titled “E-book on 8 Years Achievements of DoPPW – 2014-2022” and “E-Book on 8 Years Achievements of Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances(DARPG)”, during the webinar on Administrative Reforms and Pension Reforms (2014-2022) in New Delhi, Delhi.
The webinar chaired by MoS Jitendra Singh was organised by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances(DARPG) and Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare(DoPPW) under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions.
International Sex Workers Day 2022 – June 2
The International Sex Workers Day is annually observed across the globe on 2nd June to recognise the exploited working conditions of the sex workers and honour the sex workers who are the victims of cruelty and violence.
- The day aims to recognise the struggles of sex workers to get their basic rights and to demand equal rights and respect for the sex workers.
- International Sex Workers Day is also known as International Whores Day.
The International Sex Workers Day observance is annually led by the Global Network of Sex Work Projects(NSWP).
Every year, NSWP observes International Sex Workers’ Day with a focus on the theme of “Access to Justice”.
>> Read Full News
List of Less Important News – Click Here
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 3 June 2022|
|1||Cabinet Approval on June 01, 2022|
|2||Blue Dart signs UNFCCC Climate Neutral Now pledge|
|3||TRW’s Road accidents in India 2020 : Road Accidents Significantly Declined In 2020|
|4||GoI Targets to increase Coal Gasification to 100 Million Tonnes by 2030|
|5||India to introduce c-TB ‘made in India’ skin test for TB|
|6||GoI Forms Inter-Ministerial Panel to Regulate Online Gaming Industry|
|7||India & Sweden Host Industry Transition Dialogue In Stockholm, Sweden|
|8||RBI’s Annual report for 2021-2022; Caution Banks against slippages on Advances|
|9||SBI General Insurance Launches New Health Insurance Vertical|
|10||CarTrade Tech & IDFC FIRST Bank Teams Up to Offer Used-Car Financing Solutions|
|11||India’s GDP grows 4.1% in Q4FY22; expands 8.7% in FY22: NSO Data|
|12||Fortune 500 World’s top 10 Highest-Paid CEOs in 2021|
|13||Rajesh Gera Appointed DG of National Informatics Centre (NIC)|
|14||NCLT approves Amalgamation of two Panasonic India entities – Panasonic India & Panasonic Life Solutions India|
|15||GoI Plans to Launch ‘Jan Samarth’, a Common Portal To Improve the Ease of Living|
|16||Gujarat Titans – Winners Of The 15th Edition Of TATA IPL 2022|
|17||India won Bronze Medal at 2022 Men’s Asia Cup Hockey|
|18||Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh released a Book & its E-version on 8 Years of Administrative and Pension reforms|
|19||International Sex Workers Day 2022 – June 2|