We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 29 September 2023, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2023 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
FSSAI Introduces ‘Special Category’ to Promote Gender Equality in Food Biz
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) introduced a new provision of ‘Special Category’ in the online Food Safety Compliance System (FoSCoS) portal to promote gender equality and equal opportunities for women and transgender entrepreneurs in the food business sector.
i.According to this provision, licensing and registration authorities will prioritize ‘Special Category’ applications in a manner that ensures a one-to-one ratio with regular applications until there are no pending applications in either category.
ii.The identification of these individuals will be done during the application submission process through Aadhaar/PAN (Permanent Account Number) authentication.
i.FoSCoS, introduced in 2020 by FSSAI, is an enhanced version of Food Licensing and Registration System (FLRS), launched in 2012 for issuance of pan-India FSSAI Licenses and Registration.
ii.FoSCoS is a cloud-based online platform offering multiple services to Food Business Operators (FBOs), including licensing, registration, and regulatory compliance.
About Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI):
FSSAI is a statutory body under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare established under under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006
Chairperson– Sudhansh Pant
Parent Ministry– Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Headquarter– New Delhi, Delhi
Established in 2008
IBM Signed 8 MoUs with departments of MoE & MSDE to Scale Digital Skills Training in IndiaOn September 27, 2023, IBM (International Business Machines Corporation) signed 8 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with the departments under the Ministry of Education (MoE), and Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) to offer tailored courses to empower the Indian youths with future-ready digital skills.
- The signing of these MoUs were presided over by the Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, MoE and MSDE.
Focus of the Collaboration:
This partnership focus on the co-creation of curriculum and access to IBM SkillsBuild, learning platform of IBM, for learners across school education, higher education, and vocational skills on emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence(AI) (including generative AI), Cybersecurity, cloud computing, and professional development.
What is in the MoUs?
IBM’s collaboration with MoE and MSDE spans following three levels of education:
i.School Education: Provide access to digital content and skills training from IBM SkillsBuild for high school students, teachers, and trainers in schools selected by Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) and NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling).
- This will be offered online (webinars) and in-person workshops.
- IBM will also work on CBSE’s AI curriculum for Grades 11 and 12, develop a cyber skilling and blockchain curriculum for high school students to be hosted on IBM SkillsBuild.
ii.Higher Education: IBM, through its CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) implementation partners, will work with the Department of Higher Education, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT), National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training & Research (NITTTR), Chandigarh and state skilling missions to offer digital content and skills development opportunities to students and faculty in technical fields through IBM SkillsBuild.
iii.Vocational Skills: Working with MSDE, Directorate General of Training (DGT), and state vocational departments to empower job seekers, including the long-term unemployed and school dropouts, with technical and professional skills through IBM SkillsBuild for workforce re-entry.
CBG, Biogas Plants Registered on GOBARdhan Portal to Get Financial Assistance
The Compressed Bio-Gas (CBG) plants and biogas plants registered on the Unified Registration Portal for Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan (GOBARdhan) are eligible for financial assistance under the Market Development Assistance (MDA) scheme of the Department of Fertilizers under the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers(MoC&F).
- Unified Registration Portal for GOBARdhan was introduced by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, to streamline the registration of CBG plants and biogas plants across India. The DDWS is the Nodal Department for GOBARdhan.
- As of September 2023, 1,163 biogas plants and 426 CBG plants registered on the portal.
The MDA scheme has been launched with a budget of Rs. 1451.82 crore over a three-year term (FY 2023-24 to FY 2025-26) to encourage the production and use of organic fertilizers derived from GOBARdhan plants.
- Through the scheme, these plants get Rs. 1500 per metric ton(MT) for the sale of Fermented Organic Manure (FOM)/ Liquid Fermented Organic Manure (LFOM)/ Phosphate Rich Organic Manure (PROM) produced at their BG/CBG plants under the GOBARdhan initiative.
Indian Army Participates Counter Terrorism Field Training Exercise 2023 of ADMM Plus EWG Indian Army participates in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations(ASEAN) Defence Ministers Meeting (ADMM) Plus Expert Working Group (EWG) on Counter Terrorism Field Training Exercise (FTX) 2023.
- The exercise takes place from 25th to 30th September 2023 in Primorsky Region of Russia.
- The main objective of the exercise is strengthening and promoting regional cooperation in the field of counter-terrorism.
- Indian Army is represented by a Contingent consisting of 32 personnel from 14th Battalion affiliated with the Rajputana Rifles.
- The ADMM-Plus is a platform for ASEAN and its eight Dialogue Partners Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea, Russia and the United States of America(USA).
About Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN):
Secretary General – Dr Kao Kim Hourn
Headquarters – Jakarta, Indonesia
Established – 1967
>> Read Full News
UNDP Launches Innovative e-Learning Programme on Sustainable FinanceThe United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) launched an innovative e-Learning Programme as a proactive response to the increasing global need to support and enhance sustainable finance.
- This initiative, led by the Sustainable Finance Hub’s (SFH) Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Finance Academy, aims to share UNDP’s extensive knowledge on sustainable finance with global practitioners.
Sustainable finance is the basis of SDG ambitions, empowering individuals worldwide to align funds with national SDG targets and crafting a universal sustainable finance framework for the benefit of all.
About the e-Learning Programme:
i.The open-access e-Learning Programme is available to anyone with an Internet connection.
ii.It comprises 10 comprehensive module that offers fundamentals of sustainable finance and advanced explorations in key areas of SDG.
- The modules include budgeting, taxation, thematic bonds and insurance for the SDGs, accessing capital for SDG investment, establishing SDG investment project pipelines, and more.
iii.The SDG Finance Academy envisions broadening collaboration channels for a global sustainable finance community in the next phase, to support development financing’s impact.
Click here to know more
Sustainable Finance Hub (SFH):
i.The UNDP’s SFH has played a pivotal role in advancing sustainable finance initiatives.
ii.SFH introduced the SDG Finance Academy, a strategic program aimed at equipping its extensive workforce and national partners with sustainable finance knowledge.
iii.As a direct outcome of the SDG Finance Academy, Uruguay became the first-ever nation to issue a sovereign bond aligned with the UN SDGs.
Analysis to achieve SDG targets:
i.The UN SDG Report 2021 revealed a distressing increase in extreme poverty, reversing decades of progress. This increase in poverty is a significant setback to achieving SDG 1 (“No Poverty”).
- Projections suggest that the global poverty rate may rise to 7%, further complicating efforts to eliminate poverty by 2030.
UNFPA India and IIPS Releases India Ageing Report 2023 United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) India, along with the International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), unveiled ‘Caring for Our Elders Institutional Responses: India Ageing Report 2023’.
i.The India Ageing Report 2023 represents a thorough review of the living conditions and welfare of older individuals in India.
ii.Senior citizen occupies 10% of India’s population. By 2036, it will be 14.36%. In 2050 it will be 20.8%
iii.The report highlights that women had higher life expectancy at the age of 60 and at the 80, when compared to men( with variations across States and Union Territories)
iv.The report suggest for enhanced geriatric care to address the unique healthcare requirements of old aged people.
v.This report is an important resource for scholars, policymakers, program managers, and all stakeholders involved in elder care.
About United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA):
Executive Director – Natalia Kanem
Headquarters – New York, United States of America (USA)
Established in – 1969 (as the United Nations Fund for Population Activities. Later its the name was changed to the United Nations Population Fund in 1987)
>> Read Full News
ECI & Electoral Commission of Seychelles Signed MoU for Cooperation in Electoral Management
Electoral Commission of Seychelles (ECS) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Election Commission of India (ECI) for cooperation to enhance electoral management and administration.
The MoU was signed by Danny Lucas, Chairperson of the ECS, and Rajiv Kumar, chief election commissioner of ECI.
- This MoU will support improving electoral management and administration, building on shared experience, and facilitating the exchange of knowledge.
- This will also strengthen exchange of best practices in election management and training of officials.
Previously, CEC Rajiv Kumar visited Bhutan on 26th April 2023 and held Bilateral discussions with Dasho Sonam Topgay, Chief Election Commissioner of Bhutan, on the collaboration on human resource development, research & training, and leveraging technological advancements to strengthen election management.
BANKING & FINANCE
Kotak Mahindra AMC Partners With CBSE to launch Investor Education and Awareness InitiativeKotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited(KMAMCL) in collaboration with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has launched an Investor Education and Awareness Initiative called “Seekho Paiso ki Bhasha”.
- The initiative aims to promote financial literacy among CBSE teachers in affiliated schools nationwide by conducting a series of educational and awareness programs.
i.As part of the initiative, 75,000 educators(50% of them being women educators) will be inculcated with the financial knowledge.
- To raise awareness among teachers, 1,000 financial literacy programs will be conducted in September and October 2023 in 100 different locations across India.
- To promote equitable growth and development, female educators are given equal consideration.
ii.The program will be taken care by 500 skilled trainers from the Centre for Investment Education and Learning (CIEL) which is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
iii.Upon completion of the program, Kotak Mutual Fund aims to reach over 75,000 CBSE teachers.
About Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited:
Group President & Managing Director – Nilesh Shah
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Established in – 1985
About Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE):
Chairperson – Nidhi Chhibber
Headquarters- New Delhi, Delhi
Established in –1929 (started as the Board of High School and Intermediate Education. In 1952, it reached the national level and was reconstituted as CBSE in 1962)
Motilal Oswal Nifty 500 ETF: Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund launches India’s 1st Nifty 500 ETF Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund launched India’s first Nifty 500 ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) “Motilal Oswal Nifty 500 ETF”, an open-ended scheme replicating/tracking the Nifty 500 Total Return Index.
- Its New Fund Offer (NFO) is available for subscription until September 29, 2023.
- The scheme will benchmark its performance against the Nifty 500 Total Return Index.
- It will be managed by Swapnil Mayekar and Rakesh Shetty.
To closely match the Nifty 500 Total Return Index’s returns, while accounting for tracking error but before accounting for expenses.
i.This fund is ideal choice for investors seeking long-term capital growth.
ii.Investors can join with just Rs 500 per plan/option and invest in multiples of Re 1, with no upper investment limit.
iii.The minimum amount for purchase/redemption would be in creation unit size of 20,00,000 units and in multiples thereof. Units once redeemed/repurchased will not be re-issued.
iv.Typically, the scheme will primarily invest in Nifty 500 Index constituents, making up 95-100% of total assets. It may also allocate up to 5% to low-risk instruments like liquid schemes and money market instruments.
iv.There are no charges for investing, and no exit load applies.
The scheme will re-open for continuous sale and repurchase within five business days from the date of allotment.
About Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company Ltd. (MOAMC):
It is the Investment Manager to Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund.
MD & CEO– Navin Agarwal
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Google Introduces Android Earthquake Alerts System in IndiaGoogle has introduced its Android Earthquake Alerts System in India in collaboration with the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and the National Centre for Seismology (NCS), and the Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- This partnership will aid in Central Government efforts in providing timely earthquake alerts and safety information.
About Android Earthquake Alerts System:
i.Android users with devices running Android 5 or newer will receive the feature.
- To receive alerts, users must have Wi-Fi and/or cellular data connectivity, and both Android Earthquake Alerts and location settings enabled.
ii.This system utilizes the built-in sensors in Android smartphones, which are known as accelerometers, which can function as mini seismometers.
How does it work?
When a plugged-in and charging Android phone detect earthquake tremors, they send data to a central server. If multiple phones in the area detect similar shaking, the server estimates the earthquake’s details and sends rapid alerts to nearby Android devices. These user-friendly alerts, available in multiple Indian languages, often reach users before stronger shaking.
- These alerts travel along the internet at the speed of light
i.There are two types of alerts: Be Aware and Take Action. Be Aware alerts provide information for light shaking. Take Action alerts to get your attention for moderate to heavy shaking.
ii.Previously, Google has collaborated with the NDMA to offer users safety information regarding natural disasters such as floods and cyclones through Google Search and Maps.
About National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA):
Headed by the Prime Minister (PM) of India, it is the apex body for Disaster Management in India.
Chairperson– Narendra Modi
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
Narwhal/Hai Kun: Taiwan launches its 1st Domestically Made Submarine On 28th September 2023, President of Taiwan Tsai Ing-wen launched Taiwan’s 1st domestically built submarine named “Hai Kun” during a ceremony at the submarine’s shipyard in its southern Kaohsiung city, Taiwan.
- Hai Kun means “mythical sea creature” in Chinese and it is dubbed as ‘Narwhal‘ in English.
i.Hai Kun is built with an outlay of Taiwan Dollar (T$) 49.36 billion (USD1.53 billion).
ii.It will use a combat system by Lockheed Martin Corp and carry US (United States)-made Mark 48 heavyweight torpedoes.
iii.The diesel-electric powered submarine will undergo several tests and will be delivered to the navy by the end of 2024.
- Hai kun will undergo a harbor acceptance test on October 1 2023, followed by a sea acceptance test.
iv.The submarine will enter service in 2025, and join the fleet of two existing submarines purchased from the Netherlands in the 1980s.
i.Taiwan’s Indigenous Defense Submarine (IDS) program has targeted to buil one domestically developed submarine by 2025 and another by 2027.
ii.These will be deployed in the waters around Taiwan and the area from Suao in Yilan to Yonaguni Island in Japan’s Okinawa Prefecture.
President– Tsai Ing-wen
Currency– New Taiwan dollar
China launches “Yaogan-33 04” Remote Sensing Satellite
China launched a remote-sensing satellite, “Yaogan-33-04,” also known as Yaogan 33D carried off by a Long March-4C carrier rocket from the Jiuquan satellite launch center in northwest China.
- Yaogan-33 04 was developed by the Shanghai Academy of Spaceflight Technology. The Long March-4C is a three-stage launch vehicle fueled by liquid propellant.
- The information from the “Yaogan-33 04” satellite will be used for scientific experiments, land resource surveys, crop yield estimates, and disaster prevention and relief work.
- The launch marks China’s 45th rocket launch in 2023 and the 489th flight mission of the Long March carrier rocket series.
Remote Sensing Satellite is a satellite designed to gather data about the Earth’s surface and atmosphere using sensors to detect and measure various characteristics such as temperature, vegetation, and pollution.
Scientists Discover New Pangolin Species Named “Manis Mysteria”
Scientist has identified a new Pangolin species, tentatively named “Manis mysteria” through the analysis of 27 scales confiscated in Hong Kong in 2012 and 2013. This new species becomes the 9th pangolin species and the 5th Asian pangolin.
- The 8 extant species of pangolins, classified into three genera: Manis(Asia), Phataginus(Africa), and Smutsia(Africa).
- The finding was published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences(PNAS).
Pangolins are nocturnal mammals that dig burrows, feed on ants and termites, and have scales made of keratin that cover their entire body.
- Pangolin is the world’s most trafficked mammal and its scales are coveted for use in traditional medicine.
- Since 2014, all 8 pangolin species are classified as threatened with extinction on The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List of Threatened Species.
World Rabies Day 2023- September 28 World Rabies Day (WRD) is annually observed across the globe on 28 September to raise awareness of rabies prevention and to highlight progress in defeating this horrifying disease. The day also aims to advocate for rabies elimination globally.
- 28th September 2023 marks the 17th observance of WRD.
The 2023 theme of WRD is, “Rabies: All for 1, One Health for All“.
i.In 2007, World Rabies Day was established by the Global Alliance for Rabies Control (GARC), a non-profit organization aimed to eliminate human deaths from dog rabies by 2030, and later endorsed by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- It is an event designed to be inclusive, uniting people, organizations, and stakeholders across all sectors against rabies.
ii.The first WRD was observed on 28 September 2007.
>> Read Full News
World Maritime Day 2023- September 28The United Nations (UN)’s World Maritime Day (WMD) is annually observed on the last Thursday of September to recognize the contribution of the people who work in the maritime industry.
- World Maritime Day (WMD) 2023, the 46th World Maritime Day, observed on 28th September 2023.
The theme for World Maritime Day 2023 is ” MARPOL at 50 – Our commitment goes on”.
- The WMD 2023 marks 50th anniversary of the adoption of the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL).
i.The World Maritime Day was created by the United Nations through its specialized agency International Maritime Organization (IMO).
ii.The first ever WMD was observed on 17th March 1978 to mark the date of the IMO Convention’s entry into force in 1958.
About International Maritime Organization(IMO):
Secretary-General – Kitack Lim
Headquarters- London, United Kingdom
Established in – 1958
>> Read Full News
International Day for Universal Access to Information 2023- September 28The United Nations (UN) International Day for Universal Access to Information (IDUAI) is annually observed across the globe on 28 September to spread awareness concerning the need to expand laws related to information and their actual implementation.
- The expansion of these laws helps in building inclusive institutions to access the world.
- 28th September 2023 marks the 4th observance of UN’s IDUAI.
The theme of IDUAI 2023 is “The importance of the online space for access to information”.
i.In 2015, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) General Conference adopted 38 C/ Resolution 57 and proclaimed the 28th September of every year as the IDUAI
ii.On 15 October 2019, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in its 74th session adopted a resolution A/RES/74/5 and declared the 28th September of every year as the IDUAI, recognizing its role in development, democracy, and equality.
iii.The first UN IDUAI was observed on 28 September 2020.
>> Read Full News
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|Current Affairs 29 September2023|
|FSSAI Introduces ‘Special Category’ to Promote Gender Equality in Food Biz|
|IBM Signed 8 MoUs with departments of MoE & MSDE to Scale Digital Skills Training in India|
|CBG, Biogas Plants Registered on GOBARdhan Portal to Get Financial Assistance|
|Indian Army Participates Counter Terrorism Field Training Exercise 2023 of ADMM Plus EWG|
|UNDP Launches Innovative e-Learning Programme on Sustainable Finance|
|UNFPA India and IIPS Releases India Ageing Report 2023|
|ECI & Electoral Commission of Seychelles Signed MoU for Cooperation in Electoral Management|
|Kotak Mahindra AMC Partners With CBSE to launch Investor Education and Awareness Initiative|
|Motilal Oswal Nifty 500 ETF: Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund launches India’s 1st Nifty 500 ETF|
|Google Introduces Android Earthquake Alerts System in India|
|Narwhal/Hai Kun: Taiwan launches its 1st Domestically Made Submarine|
|China launches “Yaogan-33 04” Remote Sensing Satellite|
|Scientists Discover New Pangolin Species Named “Manis Mysteria”|
|World Rabies Day 2023- September 28|
|World Maritime Day 2023- September 28|
|International Day for Universal Access to Information 2023- September 28|
Aspirant: Does Affairscloud covers all the Current affairs topics related to examinations?
Affairscloud: We Guaranteed All the Important topics related to examination are covered in Our Daily CA content and Daily CA Quizzes.
Aspirant: Why is there a delayal in news?
Affairscloud: As some of the major news sites doesn’t provide the required data on the exact day, we take extra time for important data to be presented to the aspirants on the examination basis to ensure nothing is missed.
Example: In ‘Important Days’ topics the International Organisations publish their reports and Rankings in the evenings, to make sure every data is covered, we delay the topics to the next day.