We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 28 September 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurates two-day Arogya Manthan 2022i.On September 25-26, 2022, National Health Authority (NHA) organized Arogya Manthan 2022 at The Ashok, New Delhi (Delhi) to mark the double anniversaries of Ayushman Bharat- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) and Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
ii.The event celebrated four years of the implementation of AB PM-JAY, and one year of the ABDM.
iii.It was inaugurated by the Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoH&FW).
About Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoH&FW):
Union Minister– Mansukh Mandaviya (Constituency- Gujarat)
Minister of State (MoS)– Bharati Pravin Pawar (Constituency- Dindori, Maharashtra)
>> Read Full News
PM Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated National Conference of Ministers of EF&CC in Gujarati.On September 23-24, 2022, a National Conference of Ministers of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (EF&CC) held in Ekta Nagar, Gujarat which was virtually inaugurated by the Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi.
ii.It is aimed at creating further synergy among the central and state governments on various issues.
iii.The conference had 6 thematic sessions with topics focusing on LiFE, Combating Climate Change (Updating State Action Plans on Climate Change for Mitigation of Emissions and Adaptation to Climate Impacts); PARIVESH (Single Window System for Integrated Green Clearances); Forestry Management; Prevention and Control of Pollution; Wildlife Management; Plastics and Waste Management.
iv.During the conference, MoEF&CC also released the guidelines for ‘Swachh Vayu Sarvekshan- Ranking of Cities’ which will rank 131 cities across India for the implementation of City Action Plans prepared as part of National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) for the reduction of air pollution up to 40% by 2025-26.
About Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC):
Union Minister – Bhupender Yadav (Rajya Sabha – Rajasthan)
Minister of State (MoS) – Ashwini Kumar Choubey (Constituency- Buxar, Bihar)
>> Read Full News
IOCL becomes 1st Oil Marketing Company to produce and market AVGAS 100 LL in IndiaOn 26th September 2022, Hardeep Singh Puri, Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, & Housing and Urban Affairs launched the indigenously developed AVGAS 100 LL., special aviation fuel meant for piston engine aircraft and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), at an event organised at Hindan Airforce Station, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh(UP).
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has become the first Oil Marketing Company to produce and market AVGAS 100 LL in India.
- IOCL produces AVGAS 100 LL in its flagship refinery in Vadodara, Gujarat.
- This is in part of the effort of the Indian government to reduce the dependency on imported fuels by promoting biofuel blending, green hydrogen and electric vehicles.
- At Present, India is importing AVGAS 100 LL from European countries.
General (Dr.) V. K.Singh (Retd.) The Minister of State for Civil Aviation and Road Transport and Highways, along with officials from the Indian Air Force, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas(MoPNG) and Ministry Of Civil Aviation(MoCA) were present during the launch.
About AVGAS 100 LL.:
i.AVGAS 100 LL, principal grade of Aviation Gasoline, is designed for use in turbo charged reciprocating piston engines aircrafts, mainly used by Flying Training Organisations (FTOs) and defence forces for training pilots.
ii.It is certified by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), the statutory body of the Government of India to regulate civil aviation in India.
iii.The AVGAS 100 LL has higher-octane number which provide superior performance quality standards, as compared to imported grades.
- The Aviation Gas market is expected to grow from the current USD 1.92 billion to USD 2.71 billion by 2029
About Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL):
Chairman- Shrikant Madhav Vaidya
Headquarters- New Delhi, Delhi
DoPT: OBCs Not in Central List Can Apply Under EWS for Central Government Posts
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions has issued clarifications on how to recruit under the 10% reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS).
- According to the DoPT, as long as they meet all other qualifications, individuals of Other Backward Classes (OBC) communities on the State list but not on the Central list are entitled to apply for posts and services with the Government of India under the EWS quota criteria.
i.The DoPT has emphasized that individuals who belong to the Scheduled Castes (SC) or Scheduled Tribes (ST) will not be eligible to apply for posts with the Central Government, regardless of where they reside (even if the state of residence does not recognize their community as an SC or ST).
ii.The DoPT has made it clear that EWS vacancies left unfilled for one recruitment year cannot be carried over to the following year and that further attempts at filling these positions with EWS candidates should be made.
iii.Unfilled vacancies may be filled as unreserved, as long as there is no excess representation in the general category beyond the number added due to the non-availability of EWS candidates.
- If it results in an excess of representations, it may be diverted to a category where there is a shortage.
iv.The DoPT also made it clear that “family” does not include grandparents, or any siblings or children above the age of 18 for the qualification of the EWS criterion.
Click Here to Read the Official DoPT Press Release Regarding EWS Recruitment
MoCI Extends Foreign Trade Policy by 6 Months till March 2023The Ministry of Commerce & Industry (MoCI) extended the existing Foreign Trade Policy (2015–20) by another six months till March 2023, w.e.f. October 1, 2022, due to unstable global economic and geo-political circumstances and currency fluctuations.
- The existing Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) was set to expire on September 30, 2022, after being extended in April 2022.
The extension has been made, following appeals from leading exporters and Export Promotion Councils to continue with the current FTP, which has periodically been extended.
Foreign Trade Policy (FTP)
A FTP offers a framework for boosting exports of goods and services as well as creating jobs and adding value for the nation.
- It focuses on assisting both the manufacturing and service sectors, with a greater emphasis on enhancing the ease of doing business.
i.The Indian Rupee (INR) has been forced to depreciate more against the USD as a result of inflationary pressures, outflows of foreign capital, geopolitical tensions in Ukraine, and tightening monetary policy.
- While the INR achieved a new record low of 81.6 against the dollar, the value of the American currency reached a 22-year high.
ii.The Board of Trade advised the government on policy measures related to the new Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) (2022-27).
Key Statistics on India’s Trade
i.India’s merchandise exports during April – August 2022 totalled USD 192.59 billion, an increase of 17.12% over USD 164.44 billion during the same period in 2021.
ii.The amount of goods imported in the first five months of FY23 increased from USD 218.22 billion in the same time in 2021 to USD 317.81 billion, a growth of 45.64%.
iii.The trade deficit more than doubled to USD 125.22 billion (April-August 2022), up from USD 53.78 billion in the same period in 2021.
MoHUA launches Swachh Toycathon under the Swachh Amrit Mahotsav
On 26 September 2022, The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) Secretary, Manoj Joshi, launched the Swachh Toycathon under the Swachh Amrit Mahotsav on MyGov portal and released the toolkit. It aims to explore solutions for use of waste in the creation or manufacturing of toys.
- The Center for Creative Learning, IIT Gandhinagar, Gujarat is working as a knowledge partner of the MoHUA, will provide support on aspects of pedagogy and creativity.
The Swachh Toycathon is a national competition for individuals and groups. It is based on three broad themes –
- Fun and learn that seeks ideas for design and early prototype of toys from waste at home, workplace and surroundings,
- Use and enjoy that seeks ideas for design and models of games and play in the park/open spaces made from waste,
- New and old that seeks ideas/solutions/working models for circularity in the toy industry.
HAL’s Rocket Engine Manufacturing Facility inaugurated in Karnataka
On 27th September 2022, the state-of-the-art Integrated Cryogenic Engine Manufacturing Facility (ICMF) set up by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) would serve the entire rocket engine production under one roof for the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) was inaugurated by President Droupadi Murmu in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- The facility is set up over an area of 4,500 square metres and houses over 70 hi-tech equipment and testing facilities for manufacturing cryogenic (CE20) and semi-cryogenic (SE2000) engines of Indian rockets.
- To establish the facility for manufacturing Cryogenic Engine modules at HAL, Aerospace Division, ISRO & HAL signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in 2013.
Union Minister Jitendra Singh announces ‘One Week One Lab’ campaign
On 26th September 2022, the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology, Dr Jitendra Singh, who is also the Vice President of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), announced the ‘One Week One Lab’ theme-based campaign in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The campaign aims to showcase the breakthroughs and innovations in each of the 37 CSIR laboratories/institutes spread across India.
- The announcement was made during the 1st-ever CSIR Leadership Meet attended by the Directors and Head of Departments of all the 37 CSIR labs.
- CSIR breakthroughs in areas like Drone, Heliborne technology, state of the art Sewage cleaning machines has opened up huge opportunities for developing meaningful and equal stake partnership among Research, Academia and Industry.
JMC Projects signed contract with Maldives for Hanimaadhoo International Airport ProjectOn 26 September 2022, JMC Projects (India) Limited signed an agreement with the Government of Maldives for the Maldives Hanimaadhoo International Airport Project. The estimated contract value is around USD 136 million.
- It is the first ever largest infrastructure project to be undertaken outside of Greater Malé region signed under concessional credit between Maldives and India.
- It is funded under the USD 800 million concessional Line of Credit (LoC) extended by Government of India to the Maldives.
- The project is funded through the USD 800 million concessional Line of Credit(LoC) from EXIM Bank of India signed in 2019.
- The project is scheduled to kick off later in 2022 and will be completed in 2024.
The agreement was signed by Managing Director of Regional Airports, Mohammed Rizvi, on behalf of the Maldives government and JMC’s Vice-President, KS Reddy, at a ceremony held on September 26, 2022.
About the Project:
i.Under the project, India will build a 2.46 km (kilometre) runway as well as a terminal that can serve 1.3 million people every year.
ii.The project includes major infrastructure and operational upgrades on the airside, landside and building infrastructure. Facilites required to further expand international flights will also be established.
iii. Hanimaadhoo Airport project includes the 10,230 square metre(m) building including land and seaside connectivity and passenger facilities.
iv.Under this project, the existing Runway will be extended to 2460 m from the current 1350 m and a total apron of approximate area of 58,000 Sqm has been designed to cater to operations at the Airport.
The building of the airport will be incorporating Maldivian art and heritage.
i.The development of Hanimaadhoo international airport will also ease the immense pressure on Male’ international airport, and contribute to a more even distribution of the fruits of Maldivian tourism industry.
ii.The Project will transform the economic landscape of the North of Maldives.
President- Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Currencies- United States Dollar, Maldivian rufiyaa
India attended ‘Partners in the Blue Pacific’ event as observer in US
On 22nd September 2022, India, as an observer, attended the Partners in the Blue Pacific (PBP) Foreign Ministers meeting held in New York, United States of America (USA). During the meeting the partners aimed to support the Pacific region and committed to work considering additional prospective initiatives in areas like education and infrastructure.
- Six prospective Lines of Effort and initial projects for PBP were discussed, aligned with the thematic areas of the Forum’s 2050 Strategy.
- Attendees: Australia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Japan, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, the United Kingdom(UK), USA, and Vanuatu, as well as Canada, France, Germany, India, Republic of Korea, the Pacific Islands Forum, and the European Union in their observing capacity.
- PBP is a 5 nation (UK, Australia, New Zealand, USA and Japan) “informal mechanism” to support Pacific islands and boost diplomatic, and economic ties in the region.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
S&P Global Ratings: Retains India’s FY23 GDP Growth at 7.3%S&P Global Ratings, the world’s leading independent credit rating agency, has retained its forecast for India’s economic growth in the current fiscal year 2022–2023 (FY23) at 7.3%, stating a low impact of the global slowdown on its domestically-driven economy.
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) retained its forecast of 6.9% GDP growth for India for the current fiscal year FY23 in its “OECD Economic Outlook-Interim Report September 2022.” The OECD forecasts growth of 5.7% for FY24.
Moody’s Analytics, a financial services firm, has reduced its Global Real GDP forecast to 2.7% in 2022 from 4.2% (January 2022), in its report titled “Global Outlook: Global Economy on Edge”, citing increased stagflation risks globally.
- Global growth is projected to decline to 2.3% in 2023 from the earlier forecast of 3.6%.
About Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD):
Secretary General – Mathias Cormann
Establishment – 1960
>> Read Full News
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Uttar Pradesh gets awarded Ayushmann Utkrishta award 2022On 26th September 2022, the Government of Uttar Pradesh (UP) was awarded the Ayushmann Utkrishta award 2022 for effective implementation of the Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
UP was rewarded for its contribution in various health facilities to the Health Facility Register, the event was organized at the Aarogya Manthan programme in Delhi.
- UP became the best performing state in India with 28728 Health facilities added to the National Health Facility Register.
- UP also became the second best State in creating Ayushmann Bharat health account (ABHA) with almost 2 crores ABH Accounts.
i.Karnataka ranks second with 23,838 healthcare facilities, followed by Andhra Pradesh (13,335), Maharashtra (12,902), Bihar (12,453); Madhya Pradesh (12,268); West Bengal (11,607), Chhattisgarh (9,349), Telangana (7,988), and Gujarat (7,791).
Health Facility Registry:
i.It is a comprehensive repository of health facilities of India across modern and traditional systems of medicine under the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
ii.It includes both public and private health facilities including hospitals, clinics, diagnostic laboratories and imaging centers, pharmacies, etc.
About Uttar Pradesh (UP):
Chief Minister- Yogi Adityanath
Governor- Anandiben Patel
Dance- Khayal, Nautanki Naqal
Stadium- Ravindra Kishore Shahi Sports Stadium, Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj Sports Stadium
Britain’s Indian-origin Home Secretary Suella Braverman wins 1st Queen Elizabeth awardIndian-origin UK (United Kingdom) Home Secretary Suella Braverman has been named the winner of the 1st Queen Elizabeth II Woman of the Year award at the Asian Achievers Awards (AAA) 2022 ceremony in London, England.
About Suella Braverman:
i. Suella Braverman was born on 3 April 1980 in Harrow, Greater London.
ii. She is a 42-year-old British politician and barrister who was appointed as the UK’s Home Secretary on 6 September 2022 by British Prime Minister Mary Elizabeth Truss (Liz Truss) at the AAA 2022 ceremony.
iii. In 2017, Suella Braverman was appointed as the Chairperson of the European Research Group, and as a member of the Conservative Party.
iv. From 2020 to 2022, she served as the Attorney General for England and Wales.
About Asian Achievers Awards (AAA):
i.The Asian Achievers Awards (AAA) 2022 is the 20th edition held on 23 September 2022 in central London.
ii.The awards have been given in order to recognise the achievements of individuals from different spheres of life across Britain’s South Asian community through public nominations.
iii.Other Winners :-
- Broadcaster Naga Munchetty won in the media category,
- Chairman and CEO of celebrated visual effects firm DNEG;
- Namit Malhotra in the Arts and Culture category;
- Captain Harpreet Chandi in the Uniformed and Civil Service category ;
- Professor Sir Shankar Balasubramanian was named Professional of Year for his pioneering DNA sequencing discovery and
- Karenjeet Kaur Bains won the Sports Personality of the Year
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Far-Right Leader Giorgia Meloni to become Italy’s 1st Woman PM On 25th September 2022, Giorgia Meloni, leader of the Far Right nationalist Fratelli d’Italia (Brothers of Italy) party won 26% of the vote in Italy’s National Election by defeating Mario Draghi and becomes Italy’s 1st Woman Prime Minister.
- Giorgia Meloni has won 114 seats.
About Giorgia Meloni:
i. Giorgia Meloni was born in Garbatella, an Urban zone of Rome, Italy on 15th January 1977.
ii. She entered politics at the age of 15 and joined the neo-fascist Social Movement, a group with pronounced sympathy for Benito Mussolini, the country’s dictator from 1925 to 1945.
iii. She served as a Youth Minister in Berlusconi’s (2008-2011) government before founding the Brothers of Italy in 2012.
iv. She is the youngest Cabinet Minister in Italy’s history. She was widely expected to form Italy’s most right-wing government since World War II.
Parliament of Italy:
The Italian Parliament consists of two houses:
- The Chamber of Deputies has 630 elected members
- The Senate of the Republic has 315 elected senators.
President- Sergio Mattarella
Britannia appointed Rajneet Kohli as CEO, Varun Berry elevated as its Executive VC & MD
The Board of Britannia Industries Limited has appointed Rajneet Singh Kohli as its Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with effect from 26th September 2022. Varun Berry has been elevated as its Executive Vice Chairman(VC) and Managing Director (MD) with immediate effect.
Rajneet Singh Kohli will report to Varun Berry.
- Prior to this appointment, Kohli was serving as president and chief business officer at Domino’s India, run by food service company Jubilant FoodWorks.
- Varun Berry joined Britannia as Vice President & Chief Operating Officer in 2013.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
NASA Successfully Tests DART as it Crashes into Asteroid DimorphosOn 27th September 2022 National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA)’s Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART), the world’s first planetary defence technology demonstration, successfully crashed into the asteroid Dimorphos 6.8m miles from Earth.
- This marks humanity’s first attemt to move another celestial body, with an aim to see if a larger asteroid hurtling towards Earth could be diverted.
- Dimorphos is an asteroid that was discovered in 1996 and is about 9.6 million kilometres from Earth.
About DART Mission:
i.DART targeted the asteroid moonlet Dimorphos, a small body with just 530 feet (160 metres) in diameter that orbits a larger asteroid called Didymos which is 2,560 feet (780 metre).
- Neither Dimorphos nor Didymos asteroids pose a threat to Earth.
ii.This mission has been controlled at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) in Laurel, Maryland, United States (US).
iii.The impact should have nudged the asteroid slightly and subtly changed its orbit around Didymos.
i.The spacecraft carried the Didymos Reconnaissance and Asteroid Camera for Optical Navigation (DRACO) instrument along with a sophisticated guidance, navigation and control system that works in accordance with Small-body Manoeuvring Autonomous Real Time Navigation (SMART Nav) algorithms.
- This enabled DART to identify differences between the asteroids and targets the small body.
ii.This cube-shaped impactor vehicle as small as a vending machine with two rectangular solar arrays, crashed into the asteroid Dimorphos. This crash was captured by the DART’s own camera.
About Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART):
i.DART is a spacecraft designed to impact an asteroid as a test of technology
ii.It is the first-ever mission dedicated to investigating and demonstrating a method of asteroid deflection by changing an asteroid’s motion in space through kinetic impact.
- Demonstrate a kinetic impact with Dimorphos.
- Change the binary orbital period of Dimorphos.
- Use ground-based telescope observations to measure Dimorphos’ period change before and after impact.
- Measure the effects of the impact and resulting ejecta on Dimorphos.
TATA Developed Indigenous Loitering Munition Successfully Test Fired at PokhranAn indigenous loitering munition, ALS 50 developed by TATA Advanced Systems Limited (TASL), has been successfully tested by demonstrating its strike capability tests at Pokhran, Rajasthan.
- The ALS 50 is an autonomous system that is designed for Vertical Take Off and Landing (VTOL). It is capable of operating from difficult terrain and high-altitude areas.
- Previously in 2022, the ALS 50 has demonstrated its ability to operate in high altitude areas during tests in Ladakh.
About ALS 50:
i.ALS 50, is an autonomous targeting system that can accurately identify and hit a predetermined target. It is capable of taking off like a quadcopter and transitions into fixed wing mode during flight for long-distance travel.
ii.As a future development, Artificial Intelligence and swarming capabilities could be integrated.
iii.With VTOL capability, the system has the ability to operate in areas such as narrow valleys, fortified mountain positions, small jungle clearings and the decks of warships.
- It has the range of 1,000 kilometers.
- The load carrying capacity of the system is 23 kilograms.
i.The autonomous targeting system of ALS 50 can accurately identify and target pre set targets.
ii.The system can also be scaled up to enhance its range and payload capabilities.
About TATA Advanced Systems Limited:
Chairman – Vijay singh
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
Cricket: West Zone won the 2022 Duleep Trophy against South Zone
The West zone has defeated the South zone by 294 runs to win their 19th title in the final day of 2022 Duleep Trophy at the SNR College Cricket Ground, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu that was held from 8th September 2022 to 25th September 2022.
- The 2022 Duleep trophy was the 59th season of the Duleep Trophy.
- Ajinkya Rahane was the Captain of West Zone and South Zone was led by Hanuma Vihari.
Jaydev Unadkat of West zone became the player of the series, Yashasvi Jaiswal of West zone won the Player of the Match for his match-winning scores 1& 265.
About Duleep Trophy:
i.Duleep Trophy is also known as Mastercard Duleep trophy for its sponsorship and it is also the first-class cricket tournament in India.
- It is named after Duleepsinhji of Nawanagar, who is also known as Duleep.
ii.The competition was originally contested by teams representing geographical zones of India. But from 2016, the Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) selected the teams for the trophy.
iii.The scheduled matches will be played in Chennai, Pondicherry, Coimbatore, and Salem.
iv.West zone was earlier tied with North Zone with 18 titles.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
A book titled ‘Wildlife India@50’ launched
A book titled “Wildlife India @50” edited by Manoj Kumar Misra and published by Rupa Publication India. The book was published in the 50th anniversary of the Wildlife Protection Act 1972 (9th September).
- The book captures India’s 50-year-long wildlife journey through the eyes and experiences of a diverse set of authors who themselves played a part in it.
- It also highlights various concerns including trading of wildlife products and the increasing loss of natural habitat,cheetah extinction etc.
- Manoj Kumar Misra is a former member of the Indian Forest Service (IFS).He also headed TRAFFIC India, a division of WWF-India.
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik releases India’s first encyclopedia on tribal communities:‘Encyclopaedia of Tribes’
On 26th September 2022, the Chief Minister (CM) of Odisha Naveen Patnaik released a 5-Volume ‘Encyclopaedia of Tribes’ published by Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Research and Training Institute (SCSTRTI) and Odisha State Tribal Museum in the Museum complex.
Odisha becomes the first state in India to start an encyclopedia on tribal communities.
- Odisha is the 3rd largest tribal populated state in India, which has 62 tribal communities living in the state, including 13 particularly vulnerable tribal groups.
- The encyclopaedia contains 418 research articles on the tribals. It took more than 4 years to come up with this encyclopaedia.
- The focus of this encyclopaedia is on society, culture, and the development of tribals.
World Tourism Day 2022 – September 27The United Nations (UN)’s World Tourism Day (WTD) is annually observed across the globe on 27 September to raise awareness among the international community of the importance of tourism and its social, cultural, political and economic value.
- The WTD was initiated by the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO)
- 27th September 2022 marks the observance of the 42nd World Tourism Day.
- Host Country of WTD 2022: Indonesia
The theme of World Tourism Day for 2022 is ‘Rethinking Tourism’.
i. WTD was established during the 3rd session of the UNWTO General Assembly in Torremolinos, Spain, in September 1979.
ii. The 1st ever World Tourism Day was observed on 27 September 1980.
iii. The host country for the 42nd Edition of World Tourism Day 2022 is Indonesia and the official celebration of WTD 2022 is celebrated in Bali, Indonesia.
>> Read Full News
- List of Current Governors in India – AUGUST 2022
- List of Current Chief Ministers in India – AUGUST 2022
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 28 September 2022|
|1||Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurates two-day Arogya Manthan 2022|
|2||PM Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated National Conference of Ministers of EF&CC in Gujarat|
|3||IOCL becomes 1st Oil Marketing Company to produce and market AVGAS 100 LL in India|
|4||DoPT: OBCs Not in Central List Can Apply Under EWS for Central Government Posts|
|5||MoCI Extends Foreign Trade Policy by 6 Months till March 2023|
|6||MoHUA launches Swachh Toycathon under the Swachh Amrit Mahotsav|
|7||HAL’s Rocket Engine Manufacturing Facility inaugurated in Karnataka|
|8||Union Minister Jitendra Singh announces ‘One Week One Lab’ campaign|
|9||JMC Projects signed contract with Maldives for Hanimaadhoo International Airport Project|
|10||India attended ‘Partners in the Blue Pacific’ event as observer in US|
|11||S&P Global Ratings: Retains India’s FY23 GDP Growth at 7.3%|
|12||Uttar Pradesh gets awarded Ayushmann Utkrishta award 2022|
|13||Britain’s Indian-origin Home Secretary Suella Braverman wins 1st Queen Elizabeth award|
|14||Far-Right Leader Giorgia Meloni to become Italy’s 1st Woman PM|
|15||Britannia appointed Rajneet Kohli as CEO, Varun Berry elevated as its Executive VC & MD|
|16||NASA Successfully Tests DART as it Crashes into Asteroid Dimorphos|
|17||TATA Developed Indigenous Loitering Munition Successfully Test Fired at Pokhran|
|18||Duleep Trophy: West Zone has Defeated South Zone in the Finals|
|19||A book titled ‘Wildlife India@50’ launched|
|20||Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik releases India’s 1st encyclopedia on tribal communities:‘Encyclopaedia of Tribes’|
|21||World Tourism Day 2022 – September 27|