On September 25-26, 2022, National Health Authority (NHA) organized Arogya Manthan 2022 at The Ashok, New Delhi (Delhi) to mark the double anniversaries of Ayushman Bharat- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) and Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
- The event celebrated four years of the implementation of AB PM-JAY, and one year of the ABDM.
- It was inaugurated by the Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoH&FW).
Launched on September 23, 2018 by the Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi, PM-JAY is a cashless and paperless scheme with the aim to provide health cover to more than 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families of up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year. It is the world’s largest Government funded health assurance scheme.
- Over 19 crore Ayushman Cards have been made in India in 33 States/UTs (Union Territories), and more than 24 crore ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Health Account) numbers have also been generated.
- The Central Government aims to increase per day making of Ayushman Cards to 10 lakh from the current rate of 4.5 lakh.
On February 26, 2022, the Union Cabinet approved the national rollout of the Central Sector Scheme ADBM of MoH&FW with a budget of Rs 1,600 crores for five years. NHA is the implementing agency of ADBM. ADBM enables citizens to create their ABHA numbers to which their digital health records can be linked.
- ABDM has crossed the landmark of 1 crore digitally linked health records with over 27 lakh records linked in a day.
- As on February 24, 2022, 17,33,69,087 ABHA have been created and 10,114 doctors and 17,319 health facilities have been registered in ABDM.
i.The event saw the participation of global and national experts from the healthcare sector along with representatives from academia, think tanks, industry, and media.
ii.A total of 12 sessions was covered in the event with representatives from international organisations and ministries like Hong Kong Hospital Authority, Commonwealth Centre for Digital Health, World Bank, Centre for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation, Global Health Payment LLC, United States (US), Health Ministry Mexico, Ministry of Health, Thailand and Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee, Australia along with various leaders of healthcare and technology in India.
iii.To mark the anniversary of AB- PMJAY, ‘Ayushman Pakhwara’ is already underway in all states implementing the scheme, from September 15 to 30.
- Under this, 33 states and Union Territories (UTs) are organizing awareness programs, health check-up camps, and mass drives for Ayushman Card generation for beneficiaries of the scheme.
iv.A Digital Health Expo was also organized wherein leading innovators from public and private sector across India showcased their digital health solutions.
Dr Mansukh Mandaviya awards best performing states for PMJAY and ABDM at Arogya Manthan 2022
Union Health Minister awarded the Ayushman Utkrishtata Puraskaar (Ayushman Excellence Awards) 2022 to felicitate the following:
|Top Performing State/UT||Andhra Pradesh (AP)|
|Top Performing District||Parvathipuram Manyam, AP|
|Top Performing Government Facility||District Hospital Dharwad, Karnataka|
|Best Performing States||Kerala, Meghalaya, Gujarat, Manipur, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh|
|Best Performing UTs||Chandigarh, J&K|
The winners of ABDM Hackathon Series Round 1 i.e. Bajaj Finserv Health – Team Excalibur was also awarded at the ceremony.
The Union Minister also launched several new initiatives including Health Claims Exchange (HCX), National e-Rupi Portal and Roadmap for Digitization. The digital versions of Annual Report for NHA, Coffee Table Book and Best Practices Booklet were also unveiled
Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw, Ministry of Railways; Union Minister of State for Health Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar, NITI Aayog Member (Health) Dr. Vinod Paul, Uttarakhand State Health Minister Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat and CEO National Health Authority Dr. R.S. Sharma were also present.
Recent Related News:
i.NHA, and the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment (DoSJE), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJE), have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to deliver an inclusive and comprehensive health package for transgender people under the AB-PMJAY.
ii.Edelweiss General Insurance(EGI) has partnered with the MoHFW to help create digital health IDs under ABDM for all in India.
About Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoH&FW):
Union Minister– Mansukh Mandaviya (Constituency- Gujarat)
Minister of State (MoS)– Bharati Pravin Pawar (Constituency- Dindori, Maharashtra)