We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 26 September 2023, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2023 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
India’s First Lighthouse Festival Held in Goa to promote Lighthouses as Tourist DestinationsThe First edition of ‘Bharatiya Prakash Sthamb Utsav’ or ‘Indian Lighthouse Festival’, the 3 day long event to promote Lighthouses as Tourist Destinations was held in Goa from 23rd to 25th September 2023.
- The festival was inaugurated by Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (MoPSW) at Fort Aguada in Panjim, Goa on 23rd September 2023.
- This festival was celebrated across all the lighthouses in India to promote historic spots i.e. Lighthouses as tourist destinations.
- It also highlights the invaluable role of lighthouses in the coastal regions.
i.MoPSW will utilize this festival to promote Public Private Partnerships (PPP) for transforming India’s historic lighthouses into world-class tourist destinations, and showcase their rich maritime heritage globally.
- The Central Government has selected 75 Lighthouses for the same.
- This transformation will be done under the campaign ‘Lighthouse Heritage Tourism’.
ii.During the event, a session titled ‘Vanguards of Our Shores: Lighthouses as Testaments of India’s Past and Present’ was held, organized by Bharat Pravah, an initiative of Institute for Governance, Policies and Politics. It was hosted by known historian and archaeologist Professor Vasant Shinde,
ii.Investment opportunities across 75 Lighthouses were highlighted along with cultural exhibitions, session highlighting maritime history and culture, classical performances, light and sound shows, among others.
iii.The Central Government replaced the Lighthouse Act, 1927 with the Marine Aids to Navigation Act, 2021, establishing a framework for aid to navigation in India.
- This new law introduced the concept of Heritage Lighthouses, allowing the government to designate aids to navigation as heritage sites for educational, cultural, and tourism purposes.
India has at least 203 lighthouses spread across its 7,517 km coastline.
Pramod Sawant, Chief Minister (CM) of Goa; Shripad Naik, Union Minister of State(MoS) for Ports, Shipping & Waterways and Tourism along with other senior officials from both state and central governments participated in the event.
Governor– P. S. Sreedharan Pillai
Chief Minister– Pramod Sawant
Airports– Marmagao Port, Manohar International Airport
India Creates History, Achieves 75% ODF Plus Villages under Swachh Bharat Mission – GrameenIndia has achieved the major milestone under the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) Phase II with 75% villages achieving Open Defecation Free (ODF) Plus status under Phase II of the Mission.
- Total of 4.43 lakh villages have declared themselves ODF Plus, which is a significant step towards achieving the Swachh Bharat Mission – Grameen (SBM-G) phase II goals by 2024-25.
i.100% ODF Plus Model villages Among States/ UTs – Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Dadra Nagar Haveli & Daman Diu, Jammu & Kashmir and Sikkim.
About Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen)
Launched In – 2014
Released By – Ministry of Jal Shakti
Aim – To accelerate the efforts to achieve universal sanitation coverage and to put focus on sanitation.
>> Read Full News
Iran-India Joint Chamber of Commerce & FIEO Signed MoU to Boost Trade, Investment
On September 22, 2023, Iran-India Joint Chamber of Commerce signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with New Delhi(Delhi) based Federation of Indian Export Organization (FIEO) to develop cooperation in the fields of trade, investment, quality standards and technology transfer.
- The MoU was signed by Mahdi Rangrona, Vice President of the Iran-India Joint Chamber of Commerce; and Ajay Shai, Director General(DG) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of FIEO.
Currency– Iranian Rial
President– Ebrahim Raisi
INS Sahyadri Participates in 1st India-Indonesia-Australia Trilateral Maritime Exercise
From September 21-22, 2023, the first trilateral Maritime Partnership Exercise was held between the Indian Navy (IN), Royal Australian Navy (RAN) and Indonesian Navy where India was represented by warship Indian Naval Ship (INS) Sahyadri which is mission deployed in Indo-Pacific.
- INS Sahyadri is an indigenously built warship of the Indian Navy which was mission deployed in the Indo-Pacific region.
The trilateral Maritime exercise allowed the nations to enhance their partnership and capabilities for a stable Indo-Pacific region through complex tactical exercises, cross-deck visits, and helicopter training to improve interoperability.
About INS Sahyadri:
INS Sahyadri is the third ship of the indigenously designed and built Project-17 class multirole stealth frigates. It was built at Mazagon Dock Ltd, Mumbai, Maharashtra and is commanded by Capt Rajan Kapoor.
BANKING & FINANCE
SIDBI signs pact with DLAI to Boost Fintech SectorOn September 23, 2023, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been inked between the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) and the Digital Lenders Association of India (DLAI) to boost India’s fintech sector by utilizing each other’s expertise.
- The MoU was signed during UnConvlave2023 event organized by DLAI in Goa.
Jatinder Handoo, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), DLAI; and Sivasubramanian Ramann, Chairman and Managing Director (CMD), SIDBI
What is in the MoU?
i.The MoU focuses on creating standard protocols for digital lending partnerships, including Bank- Lending Service Providers (LSPs) alliances and co-lending arrangements.
ii.SIDBI will offer resource support to eligible DLAI member NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Company) and explore Assignment and Securitisation transactions.
iii.The agreement will explore partnerships for various direct credit schemes, such as “Prayaas,” GST Sahay, Express loan, and green financing.
iv.There will also be development of policies to protect consumer interest.
i.During the event, DLAI’s latest version of the industry Code of Conduct (CoC) was also launched by Sivasubramanian Ramann, CMD, SIDBI.
ii.This CoC aligns with Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Digital Lending Guidelines, emphasizing responsible lending, transparency, fair debt collection, data privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
iii.Established in 2016, DLAI is a premier national-level association of digital lending institutions in India.
SEBI Board Approves Various Proposals; Discusses Tech Trends In Securities MarketThe Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) discussed various trends in the securities market, and on SEBI approach to proactively plan for the same during its 202nd Board Meeting held on September 21, 2023 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. SEBI also approved the following proposals:
1.Flexibility in the framework for Large Corporates (LCs) for meeting incremental financing needs through issuance of debt securities
SEBI approved the proposal to provide flexibility in the framework for large corporations (LCs) to meet financing needs from the debt market through measures to the existing LC framework
The measures are:
i.Raise the monetary threshold for defining LCs
- As per the current rules, LCs are those that need to have an outstanding long term borrowing of at least Rs 100 crore, a credit rating of ‘AA and above’, and a target to finance themselves with long term borrowings (above one year).
ii.Eliminate penalties for LCs unable to meet a set percentage of incremental borrowing from the debt market
iii.Introduce a system of incentives and balanced disincentives
iv.Keeping the three-year contiguous block requirement for compliance
v.Removing the need for large corporations to file identification and compliance statements
vi.Manadates LCs to meet one-fourth of their financing needs from the debt market.
2.SEBI extends timeline for compliance with enhanced qualification and experience requirements for Investment Advisers
SEBI Board extended the compliance deadline for enhanced qualification and experience requirements for investment advisers to September 2025 from September 2023 and applied these requirements to individuals, principal officers, and associated persons with investment advisers.
3.Streamline the Framework for credit of unclaimed amounts of investors in listed entities other than companies, REITS and InvITs to IPEF
i.SEBI Board has approved amendments to make it easier for investors in debt to access unclaimed amounts in debt-listed entities (excluding companies), Real-Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs).
- In this regard amendments will be made in Investor Protection and Education Fund (IPEF) Regulations, Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements (LODR) Regulations, InvIT Regulations and REIT Regulations
ii.With this, Investors can directly approach the respective listed entities, REITs, and InvITs to claim their unclaimed amounts, ensuring a smoother claim process.
iii.Regulatory guidelines will be put in place for the segregation and efficient utilization of unclaimed amounts in the IPEF as per the board’s directives.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
FinMin Retains 6.5% GDP Growth Estimate for FY24
The Monthly Economic Review – August 2023 released by the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), one of the five department the Ministry of Finance, has retained its estimate for India’s real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth for the Financial Year 2023-24 (FY24) at 6.5%.
- The risks to the growth outlook were offset by the bright spots in corporate profitability, private sector capital formation, bank credit growth, and activity in the construction sector.
- The report also said that the steady decline in the urban unemployment rate has contributed to keeping private consumption strong in the economy.
- High domestic demand for consumption and investment hiked the GDP growth rate in the first quarter(Q1) of FY 24 (April-June 2023).
- High-Frequency Indicators(HFIs) suggest that the second quarter(Q2) of FY24 (July-September 2023) is shaping up well.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Biswanath Ghat in Assam Selected as Best Tourism Village of India 2023
Assam Chief Minister(CM) Himanta Biswa Sarma announced that the Union Ministry of Tourism(MoT) has selected Biswanath Ghat(also known as Gupta Kashi) of Sonitpur district of Assam as the Best Tourism Village of India 2023.
- MoT has also selected Kiriteshwari village in the Murshidabad district of West Bengal as the Best Tourism Village of India.
- The villages were selected from amongst 791 applications from 31 States and Union Territories(UTs).
i.Biswanath Ghat is known for cultural amalgamation and spiritual and religious sites like Gangmou Than and Nagsankar temple.
ii.Kiriteshwari, located near Bhagirathi River, houses the Kiriteshwari temple, one of India’s 51 Shaktipeethas.
The Best Tourism Villages Competition seeks to honor a village that best exemplifies a rural tourism destination.
- It showcases the renowned cultural and natural assets, and preserves & promotes community-based values, goods, and lifestyles of the villages in India.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
ADB Appoints Bhargav Dasgupta as Vice-President for Market Solutions
On September 22, 2023, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) has appointed Bhargav Dasgupta as Vice-President (Market Solutions) for a period of 3 years.
- Prior to this appointment, He was serving as the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd since 2009.
- He has resigned from the post of MD & CEO of ICICI Lombard. His tenure as MD & CEO was set to end in April 2024.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As the Vice President (Market Solution) of ADB, he will be responsible for management of the operations of ADB’s Private Sector Operations Department and Office of Markets Development and Public–Private Partnerships.
About Bhargav Dasgupta:
- Bhargav Dasgupta started his career in 1992 with erstwhile ICICI Limited. He held leadership positions in diverse business areas in the ICICI Group.
ii.He also set up ICICI Bank’s International Banking Group and built its presence in 15 countries within 4 years.
- This International Banking business strategy became a case study at Harvard Business School in Massachusetts, United States (US)
iv.Prior to the appointment as MD & CEO of ICICI Lombard, he was the Executive Director of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance during October 2006 to May 2009.
v.He is currently the Chair of FICCI’s (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry ) Insurance & Pension Committee.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB):
President– Masatsugu Asakawa
Headquarters– Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines.
Established in 1966
Members– 68 member countries(49 are from Asia and Pacific)
Tata Electronics Chairman Banmali Agrawala Appointed as New Chairman of Tata Advanced SystemsBanmali Agrawala has been appointed as the New Chairman of Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL), the aerospace and defense solutions division and wholly owned subsidiary of TATA Sons, the holding company of TATA Group.
- Prior to the appointment, he was serving as the Senior Advisor at Tata Sons and Chairman of Tata Electronics Private Limited (TEPL).
- He succeds Vijay Singh who has retired from the post. He was serving as the Chairman of TASL since 2018 and he is also serving as the Vice-Chairman of TATA Trust.
Note: Tata Sons is the holding company of Tata Group.
About Banmali Agrawala:
i.Banmali Agrawala started his career with the Wartsila Group, a Finnish manufacturing and services company and worked there for 20 years, both in India and in Finland.
- He became the Managing Director (MD) of Wartsila India Ltd, the Global head of the BioPower Industries and a member of the Global Power Plant Management Board.
ii.He has also served as the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of General Electric (GE), South Asia.
- Prior to GE, he served as the Executive Director (Business Development & Strategy) and a member of the Board at Tata Power.
iii.He assumed the role of President of Infrastructure, Defence & Aerospace at Tata Sons Private Limited in October 2017, marking his 2nd tenure with the Tata Sons.
iv.He is a member of the Board of Directors of the United States of America (US)-India Business Council (USIBC) and Pratham Education Foundation.
Chairman in Tata Group: In the Tata Group, he is the Chairman of companies like Tata Projects, Tata Housing Development Company, Tata Realty and Infrastructure Ltd., Air Asia (India) Ltd. and is on the Board of Tata Power and TASL.
Positions in CII: He is an active member of the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), and held several positions within CII such as Chairman of the Western Regional Council, and currently is also a Member of CII’s National Council.
Note: TASL is planning to build defence systems and equipment under its ‘Make in India‘ scheme with technological help from foreign defence equipment makers.
About Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL):
Chairman– Banmali Agrawala
CEO & Managing Director– Sukaran Singh
Headquarters– Hyderabad, Telangana
Established in– 2007
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Archaeologists Found World’s Oldest Wood Structure in Zambia, Dating Back 476,000 Years A group of archaeologists has discovered the evidence of world’s oldest wooden structure, “a pair of interlocking logs connected by a notch” that date to 476,000 years ago at an archaeological site of Kalambo Falls, Africa’s 2nd-highest waterfall on the Kalombo River in Zambia.
- The findings of this structure were published in the journal ‘Nature’ on 20 September 2023.
- Kalambo Falls on the Kalambo River is a 235-metre single-drop waterfall on the border of Zambia with the Rukwa Region of Tanzania at the edge of Lake Tanganyika.
- This falls was inscribed into the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization’s (UNESCO) World Heritage site in 2009.
Highlights of the Discovery:
- The remains of the ancient complex wood structure pre-date ‘Homo sapiens’ (humans) by over 100,000 years suggesting that early hominins were experts at woodworking.
- This discovery challenges the standard view that Stone Age humans were wanderers.
About the Wooden Artifact:
i.The artifact includes 2 preserved interlocking logs joined transversely by an intentionally cut notch. The upper log had been shaped, and tool marks were found on both logs.
ii.These logs were deliberately shaped and joined together to form a structure, probably the foundation of a platform or part of a dwelling.
- This revelation originates from the Kalambo Falls area, where ancient Stone Age humans had a consistent water source and an abundance of forest-based food.
iii.According to the scientists, this is a first of its kind finding in the African or Eurasian Paleolithic and may represent the earliest use of wood in construction.
i.The research team employed a luminescence dating technique to determine the age of the world’s oldest wooden structure.
ii.This technique involved measuring the natural radioactivity in minerals in the fine sediment that encased the wood to figure out when it was last exposed to sunlight.
At Kalambo, the scientists also recovered 4 wood tools from 390,000 to 324,000 years ago, including a wedge, digging stick, cut log, and notched branch.
i.This research is part of the Deep Roots of Humanity project, led by Archaeologist Professor Larry Barham from the University of Liverpool, the United Kingdom (UK), and Geoff Duller, professor of Geography at the University of Aberystwyth, UK.
ii.This project explores how human technology developed during the Stone Age and is funded by the UK’s Arts and Humanities Research Council.
President– Hakainde Hichilema
Currency– Zambian Kwacha/Ngwee
Israel Unveils MBT ‘5th Generation’, ‘Lightning’ Version of Merkava TankThe Defense Ministry and Israel Defense Forces(IDF) unveiled its new 5th generation main battle tank (MBT), the Merkava Mark 5, also known as “Barak,” which translates to “lightning” in Hebrew. The Merkava 5 is the refined version of the Merkava IV.
- The tank underwent five years of development.
- The Barak tank was developed jointly by the Defense Ministry’s Armored Vehicles Directorate and the IDF’s Ground Forces and Armored Corps.
- The first models of the tank were delivered to the 52nd Armored Battalion of the 401st Brigade.
The tank is described as a “leap forward” in terms of its technological capabilities and is equipped with a number of advanced features, including:
- A new Iron Vision helmet for the tank commander, which provides a 360-degree view of the surrounding area equipped with artificial intelligence and augmented reality overlays that can highlight enemy targets and other important information.
- A new fire control system that is more accurate and faster than previous systems.
- A new active protection system that can detect and intercept incoming anti-tank missiles.
- Improved armor and mobility.
These advanced systems were created by multiple Israeli defense companies, including Elbit Systems Limited, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Limited, and the Israel Aerospace Industries’ subsidiary, Elta system Limited along with other firms.
i.The Barak tanks are equipped with “a wide infrastructure of reliable sensors” to detect targets and intelligence information can be shared between the tank and other parts of the military, which will be “a real revolution on the battlefield.
ii.The tanks also feature the advanced Windbreaker missile defense system, developed by Rafael, which is currently used on older Merkava tank models and Namer armored personnel carriers.
iii.It also has a radar detection system ‘Trophy outside Israel’, for identifying incoming missiles and taking subsequence action.
Prime Minister – Benjamin Netanyahu
Capital – Jerusalem
Currency – New Israeli Shekel
Pterygotrigla intermedica: ZSI Discovered New Species of Deep Water Marine Fish of West Bengal CoastThe scientists of Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) have identified a new species of vibrant orange deep-water marine fish namely ‘Pterygotrigla intermedica‘ from Digha Mohana in West Bengal.
The details of the new species are published in the international marine science Journal Thalassas on September 20, 2023.
- The new species, commonly known as gurnards or sea-robins, belongs to the family Triglidae and Indo-Pacific subgenus Otohime of the genus Pterygotrigla.
- It’s is the fourth Pterygotrigla species found in India, among a total of 178 Triglidae species worldwide.
Notable features of the new species include a long opercular spine and a very short cleithral spine; lateral-line, gill rakers on upper limb and 12–13 on lower limb of first gill arch and a large black blotch between the 4th and 6th spines of the first dorsal fin.
i.The team of scientists was led by Anil Mohapatra of the Estuarine Biology Regional Centre (EBRC) at ZSI, along with Sanmitra Roy and Subhrendu Sekhar Mishra.
ii.The discovery was made in 2018 when a local fisher caught the species as a bycatch.
- 24 specimens were collected during a study of by-catch components along India’s east coast.
- Out of the 24 specimens, 23 are preserved at ZSI’s EBRC in Gopalpur, Odisha with one specimen in the Marine Fish Section in Kolkata for further study.
iii.The new species closely resembles its congeners, Pterygotrigla arabica, P. hemisticta and P. spirai.
About Zoological Survey of India (ZSI)
ZSI is a statutory advisory body under the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC).
Director– Dr. Dhriti Banerjee
Headquarters– Kolkata, West Bengal
Italy’s Marco Bezzecchi Wins Inaugural MotoGP Grand Prix of India 2023Italy’s Marco Bezzecchi of Mooney VR46 Racing team won the IndianOil Grand Prix of India 2023 (MotoGP Bharat 2023) held at the Buddh International Circuit(BIC), Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Jorge Martin(Spain) of Prima Pramac Racing and Fabio Quartararo ((France) of Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP finished second and third place respectively.
- The inaugural edition of the MotoGP India Grand Prix was held from 22nd to 24th September 2023.
- This is the 1st time motor racing event was hosted by India since the 2013 Formula 1 Indian Grand Prix.
Winners of Grand Prix of India 2023:
|1||Marco Bezzecchi||Mooney VR46 Racing|
|2||Jorge Martin||Prima Pramac Racing|
|3||Fabio Quartararo||Monster Energy Yamaha|
About MotoGP India Grand Prix 2023:
The event witnessed the participation of 82 riders from 41 teams competing in MotoGP, Moto 2 and Moto 3 categories.
- MotoGP is the top division of motorcycle racing, while Moto2 and Moto3 are the lower divisions below MotoGP.
- MotoGP uses a 1,000cc engine with top speeds of about 360 kmph, Moto2 uses 765cc motorcycles (up to 300 kmph) and Moto3 uses 250cc motorcycles (240 kmph).
ii.India Grand Prix 2023 was the 13th out of 20 races in the 2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship (MotoGP)
- FIM stands for Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM; English: International Motorcycling Federation)
Kadai Yaseen Ahamed was the only Indian rider at the MotoGP Bharat 2023. He made his debut competing in the Moto3 level at MotoGP Bharat 2023.
- He has become the second Indian after S Sarath Kumar to participate in a MotoGP.
Winners of Moto2:
Pedro Acosta(Spain) of Red Bull KTM Ajo finished in first place while Tony Arbolino (Italy)of ELF Marc VDS Racing Team and Joe Roberts(United States of America) of Italtrans Racing Team finished second and third place respectively.
Winners of Moto3:
Jaume Masia(Spain) of Leopard Racing finished in the first position while Kaito Toba(Japan) of SIC58 Squadra Corse team and Ayumu Sasaki (Japan) of Liqui Moly Husqvarna Intact GP finished second and third place respectively.
About the circuit:
i.The Buddh International Circuit hosted Formula 1 races from 2011 to 2013.
- Circuit Length – 4.96km
- MotoGP – 21 Laps
- Total Distance – 105.21 Km / 65.37 Miles
FIM World Championship Grand Prix (MotoGP™) has been organised by Dorna Sports since 1991.
- Fairstreet Sports has signed an agreement with Dorna Sports to organise the MotoGP round in India for the next seven years, from 2023 to 2029.
About Fairstreet Sports:
Chief Executive Officer – Vaibhav Sinha
Headquarters – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Established – 2022
Former Italian President Giorgio Napolitano Passed Away
Giorgio Napolitano, Former President of Italy (2006 to 2015) and leader of Italian Communist Party, passed away at the age of 98 in Rome, Italy. He was born in 1925 in Naples, Italy. He was the longest-serving and longest-lived president in the history of the modern Italian Republic(post-second world war democratic era).
- He joined the Italian Communist Party (PCI) in 1945 and became the 11th president of Italy in 2006 and later re-elected for a 2nd term in 2013 and later stepped down from the post in 2015.
- He was the first and the only president in Italy to be re-elected to the office.
- In 2005, he was appointed Senator for Life in Italy’s Senate by then president Carlo Azeglio Ciampi.
World Rivers Day 2023 – September 24World Rivers Day (WRD) is annually observed across the globe on the 4th Sunday of September to promote awareness about the importance of rivers and aims to encourage the improved protection of all rivers around the world.
- The day also promotes the conservation and sustainable management of these vital natural resources. It is a celebration of the world’s waterways.
World Rivers Day (WRD) 2023 was observed on 24 September 2023.
- WRD 2022 was observed on 25 September 2022 and WRD 2024 will be observed on 22 September 2024.
i.In 2005, the United Nations (UN) launched the “International Decade for Action “Water for Life” 2005-2015″, to help create a greater awareness of the need to better care for water resources.
ii.Following this, WRD was established in response to a proposal initiated by Canada’s internationally renowned river conservationist, Mark Angelo.
iii.That first WRD was observed in 2005 and was celebrated across 12 countries.
>> Read Full News
World Pharmacists Day 2023 – September 25 World Pharmacists Day(WPD) is annually observed across the globe on 25th September to encourage activities that promote and advocate the role of the pharmacist in every corner of the world.
- The day also marks the foundation day of the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP– Fédération Internationale Pharmaceutique), global body for pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, and pharmaceutical education.
25th September 2023 marks the observance of the 13th World Pharmacists Day.
i.The theme of WPD 2023 is “Pharmacy Strengthening Health Systems.”
ii.FIP’s message for WPD 2023 is “Let pharmacies do more”.
i.In 2009, during the Council meeting of the FIP Congress in Istanbul, Turkey(Now Türkiye), the Turkish Pharmacists Association (TPA) proposed the annual celebration of World Pharmacists Day on September 25.
ii.The first-ever World Pharmacist Day was observed on 25th September 2010.
About International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP):
President(Acting)- Paul Sinclair (Australia)
Headquarters- The Hague, Netherlands
>> Read Full News
Antyodaya Diwas Day 2023- September 25
Antyodaya Diwas Day is annually observed across India on 25th September to commemorate the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya, former leader of the political party Bharatiya Jana Sangh (BJS), which was a precursor to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- 25th September 2023 marks the 107th birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
The term ‘Antyodaya’ means the “rise and development of the last person in society”, one of the concepts promoted by Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- The aim of the Antyodaya is to uplift the poor in the society.
i.On 25 September 2014, during the 98th birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya, the Government of India (GoI) led by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi declared the 25th September of every year as Antyodaya Diwas Day to honour Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
ii.The first Antyodaya Diwas was observed on 25 September 2014.
During the 1st Antyodaya Diwas (2014), the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) re-introduced its skill development programme called ‘Aajeevika Skills‘ as “Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY)” under the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM).
- The programme was renamed “Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana (DAY)- NRLM in November 2015.
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|Current Affairs 26 September2023|
|India’s First Lighthouse Festival Held in Goa to promote Lighthouses as Tourist Destinations|
|India Creates History, Achieves 75% ODF Plus Villages under Swachh Bharat Mission – Grameen|
|Iran-India Joint Chamber of Commerce & FIEO Signed MoU to Boost Trade, Investment|
|INS Sahyadri Participates in 1st India-Indonesia-Australia Trilateral Maritime Exercise|
|SIDBI signs pact with DLAI to Boost Fintech Sector|
|SEBI Board Approves Various Proposals; Discusses Tech Trends In Securities Market|
|FinMin Retains 6.5% GDP Growth Estimate for FY24|
|Biswanath Ghat in Assam Selected as Best Tourism Village of India 2023|
|ADB Appoints Bhargav Dasgupta as Vice-President for Market Solutions|
|Tata Electronics Chairman Banmali Agrawala Appointed as New Chairman of Tata Advanced Systems|
|Archaeologists Found World’s Oldest Wood Structure in Zambia, Dating Back 476,000 Years|
|Israel Unveils MBT ‘5th Generation’, ‘Lightning’ Version of Merkava Tank|
|Pterygotrigla intermedica: ZSI Discovered New Species of Deep Water Marine Fish of West Bengal Coast|
|Marco Bezzecchi Wins Inaugural MotoGP Grand Prix of India 2023|
|Former Italian President Giorgio Napolitano Passed Away|
|World Rivers Day 2023 – September 24|
|World Pharmacists Day 2023 – September 25|
|Antyodaya Diwas Day 2023- September 25|
Aspirant: Does Affairscloud covers all the Current affairs topics related to examinations?
Affairscloud: We Guaranteed All the Important topics related to examination are covered in Our Daily CA content and Daily CA Quizzes.
Aspirant: Why is there a delayal in news?
Affairscloud: As some of the major news sites doesn’t provide the required data on the exact day, we take extra time for important data to be presented to the aspirants on the examination basis to ensure nothing is missed.
Example: In ‘Important Days’ topics the International Organisations publish their reports and Rankings in the evenings, to make sure every data is covered, we delay the topics to the next day.