We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 26 July 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs July 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
GoI Amends Flag Code of India 2022 to Allow Tri-Colour to Be Flown Day and Night
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India (GoI), has amended the Flag Code of India 2002, to allow the tricolour to be displayed in open and on individual houses or buildings throughout the day and night.
- Previously, the Flag could only be hoisted between sunrise and sunset.
The decision comes as the GoI sets to launch the “Har Ghar Tiranga” (Flag hoisting in every home) campaign from August 13-15, 2022, as part of the “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.”
i. The Flag Code of India, 2002, and the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971, govern the display, hoisting, and use of the Indian National Flag.
ii The Flag Code of India, 2002 has been further amended through an order on July, 20, 2022 and clause (xi) of paragraph 2.2 of Part-II of the Flag Code of India, 2002 shall now be read as under: – (xi) “where the Flag is displayed in open or displayed on the house of a member of public, it may be flown day and night”.
iii. The Flag Code of India, 2002 was previously amended on December 30, 2021, allowing the use of polyester in addition to cotton, wool, silk, and khadi for hand-spun, hand-woven, and machine-made Flags.
About Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA):
Union Minister – Amit Shah (Gandhi Nagar Constituency, Gujarat)
Minister of State (MoS) – Nityanand Rai (Ujiarpur Constituency, Bihar)
>> Read Full News
AYUSH Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurates Vaccination Centre for Children & Launches Bal Raksha Mobile App at AIIA
On 23rd July 2022, Sarbananda Sonowal, Union Minister of AYUSH(Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) inaugurated the Vaccination Centre for children and launched the Bal Raksha mobile app, at the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) in New Delhi, Delhi.
About Bal Raksha mobile app:
i.The app aims at creating awareness of pediatric preventive healthcare through Ayurveda intervention amongst parents.
- It will also collect feedback from parents regarding the impact of the kit on their children’s health and immunity.
Note –The minister paid his tribute to Late Dr Sanjay Gupta, who served as H.O.D (Head of Department) at Shalya Tantra Department of AIIA.
About All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA):
It is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Ayush which aims at bringing synergy between the traditional wisdom of Ayurveda and modern tools and technology.
Director– Prof Dr Tanuja Manoj Nesari
Location– New Delhi, Delhi
SAP Labs India Partners NeGD to Set Up Centre for Digital GovernmentSAP Labs India and the National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), have partnered to develop the SAP Centre for Digital Government (SCDG), in order to enhance digital government capabilities in India.
i.NeGD and SAP Labs India will collaborate to establish the SCDG knowledge centre in Bengaluru, India.
ii.It seeks to encourage the use of technology-based solutions in India’s public service sector through specially curated digital upskilling programs for government officials.
iii. In accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), SCDG will focus on 3 main areas of activity: innovations in technology application for government service delivery, capacity building, and knowledge sharing, and thought leadership.
SAP Centre for Digital Government (SCDG)
i.The SCDG will provide training programmes, workshops, and innovation showcases where technology experts will interact directly with public service personnel to give strategic mentoring. Thus, trained officials can hasten the adoption of e-governance.
About Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY):
Union Minister – Ashwini Vaishnaw (Rajya Sabha – Odisha)
Minister of State (MoS) – Rajeev Chandrasekhar (Rajya Sabha – Karnataka)
>> Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
ADB Approves USD 96.3 Million Loan for Safe Drinking Water Project in Himachal Pradesh
Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved USD 96.3 million(~Rs.770 crores) loan to provide safe drinking water, sanitation services and improve water supply in Himachal Pradesh under the Himachal Pradesh Rural Drinking Water Improvement and Livelihood Project.
i.Aim – To upgrade water supply infrastructure and strengthen institutional capacity for safe, sustainable, and inclusive rural water supply management and sanitation services.
ii.The project will raise public awareness on the health benefits through improved water supply, sanitation, and hygiene practices.
iii.The community-based organisations and project stakeholders will also be trained on water management and provide livelihood skills for women self-help groups.
About the project:
i.Water – The project helps in construction of 48 groundwater wells, 80 surface water intake facilities, 109 water treatment plants, 117 pumping stations, and 3,000 kilometres of water distribution pipelines.
- More than 90 per cent of the rural population has access to drinking water but the infrastructure is inefficient.
- The project will connect 75,800 households by providing an uninterrupted water supply to about 370,000 residents across 10 districts.
ii.Sanitation – Faecal sludge management and sanitation programme, a pilot project will be implemented in Sirmaur District, Himachal Pradesh.
i.The water project meets the objectives of the Government of India’s Jal Jeevan Mission, a national flagship program that will provide piped water to all rural households by 2024.
ii.The project will also strengthen the Jal Shakti Vibhag of the Government of Himachal Pradesh, village water and sanitation committees of gram panchayat including water tariff policy reforms.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB):
President – Masatsugu Asakawa
Establishment – 1966
Headquarters – Manila, Philippines
Members – 68 (49 from Asia & Pacific region)
India Contributes USD 2.5 million to UNRWA for Palestine Refugees
On 25th July 2022 India contributed USD 2.5 million to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East(UNRWA) in support of UNs programmes including education, health care, relief and social services for Palestine Refugees in the Near East.
- This is the first half (2.5 million) of the annual contribution of India (total of 5 million).
i.The cheque of USD 2.5 million was presented in a signing ceremony by Sunil Kumar, Director of the West Asia and North Africa Division of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) to the UNRWA Director of Partnerships of the Department of External Relations, Karim Amer.
- The signing ceremony was conducted at the UNRWA headquarters in East Jerusalem, Palestine.
ii.Since 2018 India has been a dedicated contributor to UNRWA by donating around USD 20 million in support of other UNRWA services to Palestine refugees across the Middle East.
- The UNRWA services includes education, health care, relief, infrastructure, camp improvement, protection and microfinance.
iii.The UNRWA will provide services and protection for around 5.6 million Palestinian refugees registered in the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and refugee camps in Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan of Palestine.
About United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA):
Commissioner General – Philippe Lazzarini (he is also the Under Secretary General of UN)
Establishment – 1949
Headquarters – Jerusalem, Palestine
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
68th National Film Awards 2022: Actor Ajay Devgan and Suriya jointly bags Best Actor Award.
On July 22, 2022, the 68th National Film Awards were announced at the National Media Centre in New Delhi, Delhi to honour best films of 2020 of Indian Cinema. The event for the same was organized by the Directorate of Film Festivals, which comes under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB).
- The best feature film award was conferred to Soorarai Pottru (Tamil). It also bagged most number of awards i.e. 5.
- The Best Actor award shared by Suriya and Ajay Devgn.
- The Best Actress award bagged by Actress Aparna Balamurali.
- The awards are categorized into five. They are Dadasaheb Phalke Award (Lifetime Achievement Award) ,Feature films , Non feature films ,Best writing on cinema ,and Most film friendly state.
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2020 will be announced later.
- There were no awards announced for ‘Best Animated Film 2020′ under Feature Films section and ‘Best Film Critic 2020′ under Best Writing on Cinema section. Both categories have been made eligible for Swarna Kamal.
Who announced the awards?
The awards were announced by Chitrartha Singh, Chairperson, Non-Feature Jury; Anant Vijay, Chairperson, Best Writing on Cinema Jury; and Dharam Gulati, Feature Film Jury (Member – Central Panel) in presence of Ms. Neerja Sekhar, Additional Secretary, MIB.
- The awards ceremony was originally slated to be held on 3 May 2021 but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
About National Film Awards:
Established in 1954. Nargis Dutt and Uttam Kumar are the first actress and actor to get the Best Actress (then called Urvashi) and Best Actor (then called Bharat) Awards respectively.
- These awards encourage the production of films of aesthetic & technical excellence and social relevance contributing to the understanding of cultures of different regions in cinematic form.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Kuwaiti Emir Appoints Ahmad Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah as New PMOn 24th July 2022, The Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah issued a decree appointing Ahmad Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah as the new Prime Minister (PM) of Kuwait.
- He replaced caretaker PM Sheikh Sabah Khalid Al-Hamad Al-Sabah, who took the position in 2019.
- Sheikh Sabah Khaled Al Sabah handed his cabinet’s resignation to the crown prince in April 2022 and the government stayed in a caretaker role since then.
About Ahmad Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah:
i.Ahmad Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah was born in 1956 and is the son of Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Nawaf Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah.
ii.He handled various postings including First Deputy Prime Minister, and Interior Minister since 2022 and was also a retired army general.
- He served as Assistant Under Secretary for Nationality and Passports Affairs under the Ministry of Interior followed by the role of Assistant Undersecretary for Education and Training Affairs.
iii.He was the Minister of Foreign Affairs in 2003 and also held the ex-officio post as the deputy PM in 2006
- He has served as the Kuwait National Guard Deputy Commander between November 2020 to March 2022.
Capital – Kuwait city
Currency – Kuwaiti Dinar
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
China Launches the Second of Three Space Station Modules- ‘Wentian Lab Module’
China’s Long March 5B Y3 rocket launched the Wentian Lab Module from the Wenchang Spacecraft Launch Site on the coast of China’s southern island province of Hainan.
- Wentian, which means “Quest for the Heavens,” is the second of three modules and the first lab module of China’s permanent space station, Tiangong (heavenly palace).
Wentian Lab Module
i. The Wentian scientific module is 17.9 metres (59 feet) long and weighs about 23 tonnes. It consists of a work cabin, an airlock cabin, and a resource cabin.
- It is primarily used to assist astronauts as they remain in orbit and engage in extravehicular activities.
- It is also used to perform scientific experiments in space and can act as a backup to the Tianhe core module for space station management and control.
ii.The Wentian is intended for science and biology experiments, and its lab module is heavier than any other single-module spacecraft currently in space.
President –Xi Jinping
Capital – Beijing
>> Read Full News
Yonex Taipei Open 2022 : HighlightsThe Yonex Taipei Open 2022 badminton tournament was organised by the Chinese Taipei Badminton Association was held from 19th July 2022 to 24th July 2022 at the Taipei Heping Basketball Gymnasium in Taipei, Chinese Taipei. The total prize amount of the tournament is USD 500,000.
- The 2022 Taipei Open was the 15th tournament of the 2022 BWF World Tour and also part of the Taipei Open championships.
- The 2022 Taipei Open is the 39th edition of the tournament since its inception in 1980.
- The Yonex Taipei Open is a Super 300 level tournament.
|Event||Winner (USD)||Finalist (USD)||Semi-Finals (USD)||Quarter-Finals (USD)||Last 16 (USD)|
i.The World No.4 Chou Tien-chen (Chinese Taipei) won the Men’s Singles defeating Japan’s Kodai Naraoka in Men’s Singles.
- World No.2 Tai Tzu-ying (Chinese Taipei), won the Women’s Singles defeating Japan’s Saena Kawakami. This marks her fourth singles title at the Taipei Open.
ii.Man Wei Chong & Tee Kai Wun from Malaysia won the Men’s Doubles defeating the Olympic winners Lee Yang and Wang Chi Lin.
iii.Indian Players –Parupalli Kashyap and the two Indian doubles pairs in action on the day losing their respective quarter-final matches.
- In mixed doubles, India’s Tanisha Crasto and Ishaan Bhatnagar were defeated by Malaysian pair Hoo Pang Ron and Toh Ee Wei.
- In Women’s Doubles, India’s Tanisha Crasto and Shruti Mishra lost to Hong Kong’s Tsang Hiu Yan and Ng Tsz Yau.
|Men’s Singles||Chou Tien-Chen (Chinese Taipei)||Kodai Naraoka(Japan)|
|Women’s Singles||Tai Tzu-ying (Chinese Taipei)||Saena Kawakami(Japan)|
|Men’s Doubles||Man Wei Chong (Malaysia) & Tee Kai Wun (Malaysia)||Wang Chi-lin and Lee Yang of Chinese Taipei|
|Women’s Doubles||Ng Tsz Yau (Hong Kong) & Tsang Hiu Yan (Hong Kong)||Yuna Kato and Rui Hirokami of Japan|
|Mixed Doubles||Lee Chun Hei (Hong Kong) & Ng Tsz Yau (Hong Kong)||Chasinee Korepap and Ruttanapak Oupthong of Thailand|
Formula One: Max Verstappen Wins 2022 French Grand Prix
On 24th July 2022, Red Bull racer Max Verstappen (Dutch) won the 2022 French Grand Prix (Formula 1(F1) Lenovo Grand Prix de France 2022) which took place over 53 laps of the 5.842-kilometre Circuit Paul Ricard in Le Castellet, France.
- This marks his 2nd consecutive French Grand Prix win. Max Emilian Verstappen is a Belgian-Dutch racing driver and the 2021 Formula One World Champion.
- Mercedes racer Lewis Hamilton (British), 7 times world champion finished second and marked his 300th grand prix.
- Mercedes racer George Russell (British) finished third in the French Grand Prix.
i.This victory marked Verstappen’s 7th win through 12 races this season with a career total of 27 wins.
ii.With this win, he tops the F1 2022 Drivers’ Championship table with a total of 233 points.
French Grand Prix:
The French Grand Prix is formerly known as Grand Prix de l’ACF which is held as a part of the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) annual Formula One world championship. This is the first and oldest Grand Prix.
- French Grand Prix 2022 is the Round 12 of the 2022 FIA formula one world championship.
- This is the 62nd FIA F1 World Championship French GP.
About Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA):
President – Mohammed Ben Sulayem
Headquarters – Paris, France
National Income Tax Day 2022- 24 July
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) annually celebrates Income Tax Day (also known as Aaykar Diwas) on 24 July to commemorate the introduction of income tax in India.
- The year 2022 marked the 162nd anniversary of Income Tax Day in India.
i.The income tax was first introduced in India by Scottish businessman Sir James Wilson in 1860. In 1860, Income Tax was first levied as a duty and the Income Tax Authority, the authority to levy the duty, came into force on 24th July 1860.
- It was done in order to compensate for the losses suffered by the British regime during the first war of independence in 1857.
ii.‘Aaykar Diwas’ was celebrated for the first time on July 24, 2010, to mark 150 years of income tax in India.
Income Tax Day celebrations
i.Several programmes are held across India to promote tax payment as a value norm, and to sensitize potential taxpayers that paying taxes is an ethical duty of the citizens.
ii.Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax, Mumbai organized a Cyclothon of 13 km. famous celebrities including Leander Paes, Punam Raut, Rajkumar Rao, Jackie Shroff and Tiger Shroff were present to grace the occasion
- In the Cyclothon, more than 250 cyclists enthusiastically participated in the event.
The Department registered the highest ever net collections of Rs. 14.09 lakh crore in FY 2021-22.
About Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT):
The Central Board of Direct Taxes is a statutory authority functioning under the Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963.
CBDT is a part of the Department of Revenue under the Ministry of Finance.
Chairman- Nitin Gupta
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
World Drowning Prevention Day 2022 – July 25
The United Nations (UN)’s World Drowning Prevention Day is annually observed across the globe on 25th July to highlight the impacts of death by drowning on families and communities and to provide solutions to prevent death by drowning.
- 25th July 2022 marks the observance of the 2nd World Drowning Prevention Day.
- The theme of 2022 World Drowning Prevention Day is “Do one thing – to prevent drowning”.
- The annual observance of World Drowning Prevention Day is led by the World Health Organisation (WHO) in collaboration with other relevant organisations. WHO also produces the World Drowning Prevention day related advocacy materials.
World In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Day 2022- July 25
The World In-Vitro Fertilization ( IVF ) Day is annually observed across the globe on 25th July to commemorate the birth of Louise Joy Brown, the World’s first IVF baby, on 25th July 1978 in Manchester, England.
- The day marks the celebration of all embryologists who played a significant role in the IVF clinic.
- IVF technology is one of the greatest innovations in the field of reproductive medicine.
i.IVF is the most common form of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART), which implies that medical techniques are used to assist a woman to become pregnant.
- Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) bill 2020 was also introduced in Parliament. It aims to monitor medical procedures used to assist people to achieve pregnancy.
ii.The ART procedures involve the removal of eggs from ovaries through surgical procedures and combining it with the sperm in laboratories and returning the embryo to the woman’s body.
iii.Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) includes IVF, Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), cryopreservation of gametes or embryos, and Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT).
Other ART methods:
i.Zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT) also known as Tubal Embryo Transfer. The formed zygote is then conveyed to the Fallopian tube of the mother using laparoscopy and the process of fertilization happens in a laboratory.
ii.Gamete Intra-Fallopian Transfer (GIFT) is an in-vivo fertilization procedure where the sperm and ova are conveyed directly into the fallopian tube.
- In 1978, India’s First and world’s 2nd IVF baby Kanupriya Agarwal aka Durga was born.
- The baby was created by Dr Subhash Mukhopadhyay using In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
IOA signs MoU with Gujarat govt and state Olympic body for 36th National Games 2022
Indian Olympic Association (IOA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Gujarat Government and the Gujarat Olympic Association (GOA) for the joint conduct of the 36th National Games, Gujarat 2022.
Logo and Tagline:
- A logo was also launched which depicts the Statue of Unity of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and the Gir Asiatic Lion.
- The tagline of the event is “Celebrating Unity Through Sports”.
36th National Games:
i.The 36th National Games, Gujarat 2022 is scheduled between September 27- October 10 in six cities of Gujarat.
The six cities include Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot and Bhavnagar.
ii.28 states and eight Union Territories (UTs) are set to participate in the 36th National Games, Gujarat 2022 which seeks to promote the theme, ‘Sports for Unity’.
iii.There will be a total of 36 sports on the roster of the Games.
The previous 35th National Games were held in Kerala. There were 33 sports on the roster.
Governor – Acharya Devvrat
Stadium – IPCL (Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd)Sports Complex Ground (Reliance Stadium), Moti Bagh Stadium, Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium
Capital – Gandhinagar
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 26 July 2022|
|1||GoI Amends Flag Code of India 2022 to Allow Tri-Colour to Be Flown Day and Night|
|2||AYUSH Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurates Vaccination Centre for Children & Launches Bal Raksha Mobile App at AIIA|
|3||SAP Labs India Partners NeGD to Set Up Centre for Digital Government|
|4||ADB Approves USD 96.3 Million Loan for Safe Drinking Water Project in Himachal Pradesh|
|5||India Contributes USD 2.5 million to UNRWA for Palestine Refugees|
|6||68th National Film Awards 2022: Actor Ajay Devgan and Suriya jointly bags Best Actor Award.|
|7||Kuwaiti Emir Appoints Ahmad Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah as New PM|
|8||China Launches the Second of Three Space Station Modules- ‘Wentian Lab Module’|
|9||Yonex Taipei Open 2022: Highlights|
|10||Formula One: Max Verstappen Wins 2022 French Grand Prix|
|11||National Income Tax Day 2022- 24 July|
|12||World Drowning Prevention Day 2022 – July 25|
|13||World In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Day 2022- July 25|
|14||IOA signs MoU with Gujarat govt and state Olympic body for 36th National Games 2022|