We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 24 & 25 July 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs July 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
India’s Elderly Population projected to reach 14.9% & Youth population to decline at 22.7% in 2036: MoSPI Report
The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) has released a report titled ‘Youth in India 2022’ stating that the population share of the youth has started declining as the share of the elderly is expected to steadily surge during 2021-2036.
The report is based on data given by the Technical Group on Population Projections (TGPP), that was established by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
The TGPP has projected the population of India and its States until the year 2036 using data from the Census of 2011.
- As per National Youth Policy, 2014, Youth is defined as a person in the age group of 15-29 years.
- Proportion of youth to the total population had increased from 26.6% in 1991 to 27.9% in 2016 and then projected to start a downward trend and to reach 22.7% by year 2036 i.e. in the latter half of 2011-2036 period.
- On the contrary, the proportion of elderly population to the total population has increased from 6.8% in 1991 to 9.2% in 2016 and is projected to reach 14.9% in 2036.
i.The more populous states of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh (UP), which experienced a rise in proportion of youth population to total population till 2021, are expected to see a decline from hereon
ii.States such as Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh are projected to see a higher elderly population than the youth by 2036.
iii.Bihar, UP, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan, are projected to have over half (52%) of India’s youth.
iv.The total youth population increased from 222.7 million in 1991 to 333.4 million in 2011 and was projected to reach 371.4 million by 2021 and, thereafter, decrease to 345.5 million by 2036,
v.The rise in the share of elderly population will put pressure on social security and public welfare systems. There is a need to utilize the next 4-5 years well to accelerate productive job creation.
Point to be noted:
i.As per the 2022 edition of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs Population Division(UNDESA)’s World Population Prospects (WPP), India is projected to surpass China as the world’s most populous country in 2023.
ii.The share of the global population aged 65 years or above is projected to rise from 10% in 2022 to 16% in 2050.
Madhya Pradesh’s Burhanpur becomes India’s First ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Certified District
Burhanpur district of Madhya Pradesh (MP) became India’s first ‘Har Ghar Jal’ (Water To Every Household) certified district, with all the 254 villages in the district having access to safe drinking water under Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM). It was announced by the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
Burhanpur, also known as the ‘Darwaza of Dakhin’ or ‘Gateway of Deccan’.
i.When JJM was launched on 15 August 2019, only 37,241 rural households (36.54 per cent) out of a total of 1,01,905 households in Burhanpur had potable drinking water through tap connections.
- As of July 2022, all the houses in the district – 1,01,905 have access to tap water in 254 villages, including in 43,701 tribal households.
- In MP, 42.71% of the households have been provided with a tap water supply as of July 22.
ii.Under the ‘Har Ghar Jal programme, Village Water and Sanitation Committee (VWSC) was formed in all the 254 villages of Burhanpur. It is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of water supply infrastructure developed
iii.As of now, three States – Goa, Telangana and Haryana and three UTs – Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu, and Puducherry have provided 100% tap water coverage.
About Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM):
i.It was launched in 2019 under the Jal Shakti Ministry.
ii.It envisages supply of safe drinking water to every rural household through Functional Household Tap Connections (FHTC) by 2024.
- Goa became the first state to reach the target.
About Madhya Pradesh:
Governor- Mangubhai Patel
Festival – Ujjain Kumbh Mela , Malwa Utsav
Dance Form – Jawar , Tertali
India’s ‘first-of-its-kind’ Brain Health Clinic started in Bengaluru,Karnataka
India’s first-of-its-kind Brain Health Clinic(BHC) was inaugurated by Karnataka health minister K Sudhakar at Jayanagar General Hospital, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
It was established by the state health dept. under the Karnataka Brain Health Initiative (KaBHI) in association with NIMHANS (National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences).
- Treatment for mental health will be available at the 243 Namma Clinics that will become functional soon.
- The clinic was launched on World Brain Day (22 July) under the Karnataka Brain Health Initiative (Ka-BHI). The NIMHANS organized the event.
- Two more Brain Health Clinics will be inaugurated soon in SNR hospital in Kolar and District Hospital in Chikkaballapur, Karnataka.
- The brain health clinics will serve as nodal centers to “diagnose, treat, refer and follow-up patients with common neurological disorders and ensure multidisciplinary care, including counseling, physiotherapy, rehabilitation and disability benefits.
i.Cricketer Robin Uthappa, ambassador for Ka-BHI, launched brain health activities, including a cricket match titled “Reflections with Robin: Morning Cricket”.
ii.A “Know Your PHC” campaign was launched, where trained PHC (Primary Health Center) doctors will share information about brain health using various digital and in-person platforms.
iii.Union government also set to initiate new Tele-Manas which is based on E-Manas, a platform pioneered by Karnataka. E-Manas is an online platform where patients, mental health professionals and mental health establishments could register which will greatly increase access to mental health.
About Karnataka Brain Health Initiative (KaBHI):
i.The initiative aims to diagnose and treat neurological issues from the grassroots level of primary health centres to secondary-level district hospitals and then NIMHANS at the tertiary level.
- The main focus of the KaBHI initiative is to train PHC doctors to diagnose and provide primary care for brain and mental health issues including Stroke, Epilepsy, Parkinson’s, Brain Tumor and Dementia.
ii.It was launched by the Karnataka government in association with NIMHANS and Niti Aayog launched in January 2022.
Bajaj Healthcare is first private entity to enter highly-regulated opium processing sector
Bajaj Healthcare Limited (BHL) became the first private company in India which will supply opium-derived alkaloids and active pharmaceutical ingredients to the government. These are the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients(APIs) in pain medication and cough syrup.
- The company had been awarded two tenders for the supply of “opium-derived alkaloids & APIs” to the central government and expects “successive orders under similar tenders, to scale up to the processing of 6,000 MT [metric tonnes] of poppy straw & opium gum in the next 5 years.
- Bajaj Healthcare Limited (BHL) will process both tenders at their API manufacturing unit in Savli, Gujarat.
- The contract will be valid for five years.
Trade & Cultivation of Opium in India:
i.India has been growing poppies at least since the 15th century.
ii.The government controlled the cultivation and trade of opium by The Opium Act, 1857, The Opium Act, 1878, and The Dangerous Drugs Act, 1930.
iii.Currently the cultivation and processing of poppy and opium is controlled by the provisions of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, commonly referred to as the NDPS Act and its allied Rules.
- The opium produced in India is currently processed entirely at the Government Opium and Alkaloid Works (GOAWs) in Uttar Pradesh’s Ghazipur and Madhya Pradesh’s Neemuch. Products such as morphine, codeine, thebaine, and oxycodone are produced.
iv.Only 22 districts in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, and Rajasthan are allowed for the cultivation of opium poppy in India.
Use of opium:
i.Opium is a natural substance obtained from poppy seeds and its derivatives are mainly used for pain management.
ii.Morphine, an extract of opium, are potent painkiller and are mainly prescribed to cancer patients and codeine is used in cough suppression.
About Bajaj Healthcare Limited (BHL):
Chairman and Managing Director– Sajan Kumar R. Bajaj
Headquarters– Thane, Maharashtra
17th CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India-Africa Project Partnership held in New Delhi
The 17th Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Exim Bank Conclave on India-Africa Growth Partnership was held in New Delhi, Delhi on July 19-20, 2022 in Hybrid format.It was organized by CII in partnership with the Ministry of Commerce & Industry (MoCI); and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India.
- NTPC (formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited), and Masen (Moroccan Agency for Sustainable Energy) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in the renewable energy sector.
- The MoUs signed between India and Namibia are on ‘Wildlife Conversation and Sustainable Biodiversity Utilization’, the agreement between Namibia and India on ‘Authorizing Spouses and Dependents of Members of the Diplomatic Mission to Engage in Gainful Employment and the MoU between National Forensic Science University (NFSU) of India and Namibian Police Forensic Science Institute (NPFSI).
- Union Minister of State for Commerce & Industry (MoS), Smt. Anupriya Patel met Mrs. Amal Salih Saad Mohamed, Minister of Trade and Supply, Sudan, and reviewed the bilateral relations with a focus on trade and investment, defence & maritime cooperation.
BANKING & FINANCE
Canara Bank launches its Mobile App, Canara ai1Canara Bank has launched its mobile banking app namely, Canara ai1, which is a one-stop solution with more than 250 features to cater to the banking needs of its customers. It is available in 11 languages to cater to multiple sections of society in their preferred language.
To have multiple mobile apps working in silos for availing different specific services.
i.The app has advanced features such as an intuitive user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) with personalization.
ii.It caters to various social security schemes including Public Provident Fund (PPF) accounts, Sukanya Samriddhi Accounts, Senior Citizens’ Savings Accounts, Kisan Vikas Patra, and others.
iii.It enables the customer to use traditional and modern banking and financial services in digital mode, and there are features for all age groups.
iv.It can be used to compare & shop, make utility bill payments, flight/ hotel/cab bookings, open deposits, make loan repayments, etc.
v.The core vision of the bank is E-transactions for Everyone, Everywhere, Every Time by utilizing technology in order to enable customers to perform banking at their fingertips.
About Canara Bank:
Establishment– 1906 (Nationalization- 1969)
Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)– Lingam Venkata Prabhakar
Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Australian Tennis player Lleyton Hewitt inducted into Tennis Hall of FameTwo-time Grand Slam champion and former ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals)world number one player, Lleyton Hewitt was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame Class of 2021.
- Hewitt is the 34th Australian to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- In 2020 the International Tennis Federation(ITF) announced Hewitt would be elected into the Hall of Fame as part of the 2021 class. But due to Covid-19 pandemic restriction he was unable to attend the enshrinement ceremony in 2021.
He won his first ATP title in Adelaide (Australia) in 1998 and his last in 2014 at the Hall of Fame Open by defeating Ivo Karlovic.
About Lleyton Hewitt:
i.Lleyton Glynn Hewitt was born 24 February 1981 in Adelaide, South Australia.
ii.He won the 2001 US Open and 2002 Wimbledon Championships.
iii.In 2001, he became the youngest man to be singles world No. 1 in the ATP rankings, at the age of 20 years.
iv.He won 30 singles titles and 3 doubles titles including the 2001 US Open and 2002 Wimbledon singles titles, the 2000 US Open men’s doubles title, and the Davis Cup with Australia in 1999 and 2003.
Saugata Gupta emerged as the highest-paid FMCG CEO
Saugata Gupta, Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)of India’s Consumer Good company, Marico Limited, emerged as the highest-paid Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) CEO as his total pay in FY22 jumped by 157% from ₹14.03 crore in FY21 to ₹36.1 crore in FY22.
- Gupta is followed by Hindustan Unilever Limited’s Sanjiv Mehta at ₹22 crore salary, Nestle’s Suresh Narayanan (₹18.80 crore), Dabur India’s Mohit Malhotra (₹14.60 crore) and ITC’s Sanjiv Puri (₹12.59 crore).
NTPC recognized as the ‘Most Preferred Workplace’ of 2022
NTPC Limited headquartered at New Delhi, formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, founded in 1975, recognized as one of the ‘Most Preferred Workplaces of 2022’ by Team Marksmen in association of India Today for maximizing employee well-being, engagement & productivity alongside organizational performance.
- The esteemed award was received by Dillip Kumar Patel, Director (HR), Munish Jauhari, RED (West-1), and Anil Kumar Jadli GM HR
- Organizations have been appraised on the parameters such as Employee Centricity, Organizational Purpose, Intrapreneurial Ecosystem, Work Flexibility, Diversity and Equality, Growth and Rewards, and Social Cohesion.
- Recently,in March 2022, NTPC Limited had been declared as “Dream Employer of the year” at 30th session of World HRD Congress.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
AadhaarFaceRd: UIDAI has launched a new mobile app for Face AuthenticationThe Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has developed and launched new mobile app ‘AadhaarFaceRd’ which is a face authentication feature to verify Aadhaar number holder’s identity.
- However, face authentication is consent-based.
- Aadhaar refers to a verifiable 12-digit identification number issued by UIDAI to Indian residents
What is in the app?
i.It will enable citizen to use face authentication for several other apps, including Jeevan Pramaan, Ration Distribution (PDS), Co-Win Vaccination App, Scholarship schemes, and Farmer welfare schemes like PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi).
ii.Face authentication is based on a 1:1 match, which means that the facial image captured during authentication is matched with the facial image captured at the time of enrolment.
iii.This app will cut the need of Aadhaar card holders to go physically to the local Aadhaar enrolment centres to verify their fingerprints or scan their iris.
About Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI):
It is a statutory authority established under the provisions of the Aadhaar Act, 2016, under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)– Dr. Saurabh Garg
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
DCGI approves India’s first-ever indigenously developed mRNA vaccine against COVID-19
Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) approved India’s first indigenously developed messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine against COVID-19. The vaccine is manufactured by Gennova Biopharmaceuticals, based in Pune, Maharashtra and designed for restricted emergency use for those aged 18 years and above.
- While other mRNA vaccines require to be stored at sub-zero temperatures, it is the first time ever that this vaccine remains stable during storage even at 2-8 degrees Celsius.
- DCGI’s nod came after the subject expert committee on COVID-19 of the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CSDCO) recommended granting emergency use authorisation to Covovax for the age group of 7 to 11 years and Gennova’s two dose m-RNA vaccine for 18 years and above.
- Gennova developed the mRNA vaccine with the support of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the Ministry of Science and Technology and its Public Sector Unit(PSU), Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC).
Cricket: Overview of India Tour of England, India Wins the T20I and ODI Series in England Soil
Rohit Sharma – led Indian Cricket Team Defeated Team England, led by Jos Buttler in both – Twenty 20 International (T20I) “2-1”and One Day International (ODI) “2-1” and won both the series of England tour at United Kingdom.
Twenty-20 International (T20I):
The 3-match T20I series took place from 7 July to 10 July 2022, in which Team India (Ind) defeated Team England (Eng) by 2-1 to win the series.
- Player of the Series was given to Bhuvneshwar Kumar(India).
One Day International (ODI):
Team Ind defeated team Eng by 2-1 to win the 3-match ODI series, which took place from 12 July to 17 July 2022.
- Player of the Series was given to Hardik Pandya(India).
About International Cricket Council (ICC):
Interim Chief Executive Officer of the ICC – Geoff Allardice
ODI Team Ranking – Rank 1: New Zealand, Rank 2: England, Rank 3: India
>> Read Full News
Indian GM Aravindh won Benasque International chess tournament in Spain
The Grand Master(GM) of India, Aravindh Chithambaram won the 41st Villa de Benasque International Open chess tournament in Benasque, Spain. Aravindh scored eight points from 10 rounds along with 10 others, but finished first on tie-break rules.
- GM Robert Hovhannisyan of Armenia finished second while India’s GM Raunak Sadhwani was third.
Adani Sportsline becomes principal sponsor of IOA
Adani Sportsline, the sports arm of the Adani Group, has become an official partner with the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) for the upcoming Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022 in England, Hangzhou Asian Games 2022 in China, and Paris Olympic Games 2024 in France. This is the second time that the Adani Group has come on board with IOA. The earlier association was in 2021 when the group sponsored the Indian Contingent during the Tokyo Olympics.
- Adani Sportsline has supported over 28 athletes through its athlete support initiative, #GarvHai, across a variety of sports. Six of these athletes represented India at the Tokyo Olympics in 2021, and one among them was wrestler Ravi Kumar Dahiya, who won a silver medal in the 57 kg division.
- Adani Sportsline also owns teams with Indian and global platforms, including Pro Kabaddi League, Ultimate Kho Kho League, Big Bout Boxing League, and International League T20 (Cricket).
- The partnership is an extension of the Adani Group’s sports portfolio that focuses on building a world-class ecosystem to nurture sporting talent, accelerate the sports economy, and play the role of an enabler in India’s journey to becoming a leading sporting nation.
National Broadcasting Day 2022: July 23National Broadcasting Day is annually celebrated on July 23 in India to commemorate the first radio broadcast aired from the Indian Broadcasting Company (IBC) on 23 July 1927. IBC was a private radio station based in Bombay (now Mumbai), Maharashtra.
- The Radio Club of Bombay made the first ever broadcast in India in June 1923.
- The year 2022 marks the 95th anniversary of the establishment of the All India Radio (AIR) which was formerly known as IBC.
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 24 & 25 July 2022|
|1||India’s Elderly Population projected to reach 14.9% & Youth population to decline at 22.7% in 2036: MoSPI Report|
|2||Madhya Pradesh’s Burhanpur becomes India’s First ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Certified District|
|3||Bengaluru gets India’s ‘first-of-its-kind’ Brain Health Clinic|
|4||Bajaj Healthcare is first private entity to enter highly-regulated opium processing sector|
|5||17th CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India-Africa Project Partnership held in New Delhi|
|6||Canara Bank launches its Mobile App, Canara ai1|
|7||Australian player Lleyton Hewitt inducted into Tennis Hall of Fame|
|8||Saugata Gupta emerged as the highest-paid FMCG CEO|
|9||NTPC recognized as the ‘Most Preferred Workplace’ of 2022|
|10||AadhaarFaceRd: UIDAI has launched a new mobile app for Face Authentication|
|11||DCGI approves India’s first-ever indigenously developed mRNA vaccine against COVID-19|
|12||Cricket: Overview of India Tour of England, India Wins the T20I and ODI Series in England Soil|
|13||Aravindh wins Benasque International chess tournament in Spain|
|14||Adani Sportsline becomes principal sponsor of IOA|
|15||National Broadcasting Day 2022 : July 23|