We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 25 January 2023, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs January 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Mangrove cultivation different from agriculture, will attract 18% GST: AAARAs per the Appellate Authority for Advance Rulings (AAAR), the cultivation of mangroves is different from agriculture and will not be exempted from the Goods and Services Tax (GST). It will attract 18% GST.
- With this, AAAR upheld the ruling of West Bengal Authority of Advance Ruling (AAR).
What was the case?
The applicant, who is engaged in developing mangrove seeds into seedlings in nurseries with an objective of environmental protection against cyclones and tidal waves, had sought a ruling from the West Bengal AAR that his activities be exempted from GST.
- The applicant stated that the Mangrove cultivation should come under 9986 heading, which covers activities that support agriculture.
- The WBAAR ruled that the product may be treated under chapter heading 9994, which imposes 18% GST.
- However, as per AAAR the activities by the applicant will be classified as ‘support services to agriculture, forestry, fishing, animal husbandry’ only if it is related to the cultivation of plants and rearing of all life forms of animals, except the rearing of horses, for food, fiber, fuel, raw material or other similar products.
Therefore his services are not related to the cultivation of plants for food, fiber, fuel, raw material or other similar products. None of the activities carried out by the appellant will be classified under the chapter heading 9986, which covers activities that support agriculture and hence liable for GST.
Note: Heading 9994 covers sewage and waste collection, treatment and disposal and other environmental protection services as well.
GoI Introduces U-WIN to Digitize India’s Universal Immunization ProgrammeThe Government of India (GoI) has launched U-WIN, a platform to digitize India’s Universal Immunization Program (UIP) in a pilot mode in two districts from each State and Union Territory (UT).
- The GoI initiated this move due to the effectiveness of the Co-WIN platform, and replicated it in establishing this digital registration for routine vaccinations.
i.The U-WIN platform is a replica of Co-WIN, which was introduced in January 2021 in 65 districts and has been the “digital backbone” for India’s COVID-19 immunization programme.
ii.The UIP was first introduced as an ‘Expanded Programme of Immunization’ (EPI) by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW) in 1978.
- It was renamed as ‘Universal Immunization Programme’ (UIP), when it got upgraded beyond the urban regions in 1985. It is fully funded by the GoI.
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW):
Union Minister – Mansukh Mandaviya (Rajya Sabha Gujarat)
Minister of State (MoS) – Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar (Dindori, Maharashtra)
>> Read Full News
AYUSH Ministry signed MoU with ITDC to Promote Medical Value Travel in IndiaThe Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC), Ministry of Tourism to collaborate on the promotion of Medical Value Travel (MVT) in Ayurveda and other traditional medical systems.
- Dr Shashi Ranjan Vidyarthi, Director of the AYUSH and Piyush Tiwari, Director (Commercial and Marketing) of ITDC signed the MoU in the presence of Pramod Kumar Pathak, special secretary of AYUSH and other senior officials of the Ministry of Ayush and ITDC.
- The implementation and progress of the MoU will be monitored by a Joint Working Group (JWG) co-chaired by representatives from MoA and ITDC.
Features of the MoU:
i. Under this MoU, the Ministry of AYUSH will train ITDC officials on the MVT in Ayurveda and other traditional systems of medicine.
- The Ministry will identify tourist circuits with immense scope to promote MVT in Ayurveda and other traditional systems of medicine and will provide ITDC with all technical know-how as needed.
ii. ITDC, on the suggestion of the AYUSH, will include historical heritage sites of Indian systems of medicine in tourist destinations under “Knowledge Tourism,” and may create films & literature that tourists will find useful.
- It will explore establishing Ayurveda and Yoga centres in ITDC-run hotels and will organise sensitization workshops in collaboration.
iii. JWG will identify the best practices adopted by Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand etc. to promote themselves as a preferred MVT destination.
i. G20 delegates discussed opportunities and challenges to promote MVT in India at the First Health Working Group meeting under India’s G20 presidency (on 18th January 2023) in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
ii. According to the Global Wellness Institute’s (GWI) report ‘The Global Wellness Economy: Looking Beyond COVID,’ the Global Wellness economy will grow at a 9.9% annual rate.
- The healthcare and wellness economy based on Ayush is expected to grow to USD 70 billion by 2025.
About the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH):
Minister- Sarbananda Sonowal (Rajya Sabha- Assam)
Minister of State (MoS)- Dr Munjpara Mahendrabhai Kalubhai (Constituency- Surendranagar, Gujarat)
MoYAS forms Oversight Committee headed by MC Mary Kom to Enquire Allegations Against WFI
The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MoYAS) has formed an Oversight Committee headed by Khel Ratna Awardee(Boxing) MC Mary Kom, Chairperson of the Athletes Commission of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), to enquire into the allegations of sexual misconduct, harassment and financial irregularities in the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI), levelled by prominent sportspersons.
- Members: Khel Ratna Awardee Yogeshwar Dutt(wrestler), executive council member, IOA , Dhyan Chand awardee Trupti Murgunde(badminton), member Mission Olympic Cell, Radhica Sreeman, Ex-Executive Director, TEAMS, Sports Authority of India(SAI), Crd (Retd) Rajesh Rajagopalan, former-CEO, Target Olympic Podium Scheme..
- The oversight committee will complete the enquiry within 4 weeks and during the course of the enquiry, the Committee will also undertake the day-to-day administration of WFI.
India among top 3 nations in Expanding Organic Farming in 2020; Argentina Tops
According to “The World of Organic Agriculture Statistics & Emerging Trends 2022” report by the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture FiBL & IFOAM – Organics International(formerly known as the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements), India is among the top 3 countries in the world, where the total area under organic agriculture expanded the maximum in 2020.
- Argentina (Rank 1) topped the list with 7,81,000 hectares (up by 21%), followed by Uruguay(Rank 2) at 5,89,000 hectares (28%) and India(Rank 3) at 3,59,000 hectares (16%).
- The total increase under organic cultivation globally in 2020 was 3 million hectares (mh).
i.Of the world’s total 74.9 mh under organic farming, Australia has the highest at 35.69 mh followed by Argentina with 4.45 mh , Uruguay with 2.74 mh and India with 2.66 mh.
ii.Out of total 34 lakh organic producers in the world, 16 lakh farmers in India are into certified organic farming.
India’s efforts towards natural farming:
It should be noted that the Union Cabinet is yet to approve the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare’s proposal Rs 2,481crore proposal to launch the National Mission on Natural Farming (NMNF).
- The mission is supposed to be implemented from the current fiscal (FY23) until 2025-26, with a target to bring 7.5 lakh farmers to practice non-chemical natural farming on 7.5 lakh hectares.
- Under the scheme, farmers will get a maximum of Rs 15,000/hectare (until 2025-26) depending on loss in income.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI Directs Banks to Complete Renewal Agreements for Existing Safe Deposit Lockers by Dec 31, 2023
i.On January 23, 2023, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the deadline for banks to complete the process of renewal of agreements for the existing safe deposit locker holders by December 31, 2023 from January 1, 2023.
ii.Banks have been advised to make necessary arrangements to facilitate the execution of the revised agreements by ensuring the availability of stamp papers, etc.
iii.In cases where operations in lockers have been frozen for non-execution of the agreement by January 1, 2023, the same will be unfrozen with immediate effect.
iv.RBI in exercise of its powers under sections 35A and 36(1)(a) of the Banking Regulation (BR) Act, 1949, directed SBM Bank (India) Ltd to stop all transactions under Liberalized Remittance Scheme (LRS) with immediate effect till further orders.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
i.The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935, in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
ii.The Central Office of the Reserve Bank was initially established in Calcutta but was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937.
iii.Though originally privately owned, since nationalization in 1949, the Reserve Bank is fully owned by the Government of India.
>> Read Full News
AIF Exceeds Rs. 30,000 Crore in Capital Raised for Agriculture Infrastructure ProjectsAccording to the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW), the Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF) has raised more than Rs. 30,000 crore in capital for agricultural infrastructure projects, with a sanctioned amount of Rs. 15,000 crore.
Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF)
i.AIF is a financing facility that was introduced on July 8, 2020, for the creation of post-harvest infrastructure and community farm assets across India.
- It was developed as a Central Sector Scheme (CSS) by the Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (DA&FW), MoA&FW.
ii.This scheme would disburse Rs. 1 lakh crore by the fiscal year 2025-26, while interest subvention and credit guarantee support will be provided until 2032-33.
- Agricultural infrastructure projects at farm-gate and aggregation points (Primary Agricultural Cooperative Societies, Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs), Agriculture Entrepreneurs, Start-Ups, etc.) will be funded by means of this financing facility of Rs. 1 lakh crore.
- It also supports other groups like Self Help Groups (SHGs), Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) etc.
iii.Under the Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE) scheme, eligible borrowers of this financing facility would have access to credit guarantee coverage for loans up to Rs. 2 crore.
iv.There will be a 3% annual interest subsidy on all loans made through this financing facility, up to a maximum of Rs. 2 crore. This subvention will be available for a maximum period of 7 years.
v.It allows for convergence with all schemes of the Union or State government.
- Infrastructure projects help farmers get better prices for their produce, modernize agricultural programmes and practices, and reduce post-harvest losses.
About the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW):
Union Minister – Narendra Singh Tomar (Constituency- Morena, Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS) – Kailash Choudhary (Constituency- Barmer, Rajasthan)
AU Small Finance Bank Launches Credit Card Offering Platform – SwipeUpOn 23rd January 2023, AU Small Finance Bank Limited, India’s largest Small Finance Bank(SFB), launched the first-of-its-kind “SwipeUp platform”, that allows other bank Credit Cardholders to get upgraded AU Credit Cards.
This new facility for credit card users is similar to mobile number portability which allows to change service provided while retaining the same number.
- The cards issued in SwipeUp platform are different from current credit cards offered by AU Small Finance Bank. The new range of cards will offer a high value proposition to customers.
- This card is made from biodegradable plastic, intended towards a healthy environment.
i.SwipeUp platform helps customers to upgrade the benefits of credit cards according to their lifestyle. The bank primarily focuses on the customers who hold Credit Cards of any other Bank and can benefit from an upgraded Credit Card matching their current lifestyle.
ii.The credit cardholders of other banks can provide details of their existing credit cards and check their eligibility for upgrading their cards within a few seconds.
- These cards will have a higher credit limit, higher cashback, better reward points with a quick end-to-end digital process, zero membership fees, and various other features.
Note – Earlier in 2023, AU SFB has launched LIT, a fully customisable credit card to help customers curate a card specific to their needs.
About AU Small Finance Bank:
Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Sanjay Agarwal
Headquarters – Jaipur, Rajasthan
Establishment – Received the SFB licence in 2015 and commenced operations as SFB in 2017.
ADB & NSFTPL Signs USD 131 Million Loan to Support the JLN Port Upgradation & Enhance International TradeThe Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Nhava Sheva Freeport Terminal Private Limited (NSFTPL) signed USD 131 million loan to upgrade the Jawaharlal Nehru (JLN) Port Container Terminal located in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra to enhance international trade in India through efficient, transparent, and state-of-the-art logistics infrastructure.
- The loan comprises USD 61.4 million from ADB’s ordinary capital resources and USD 69.6 million from Leading Asia’s Private Infrastructure Fund (LEAP) administered by ADB.
i.NSFTPL is a special purpose vehicle jointly owned by J M Baxi Ports and Logistics Limited (JMBPL) and CMA Terminals.
ii.The funds will be used to upgrade existing berths and yards and install additional energy efficient equipment such as electric quay cranes, which shall increase the terminal’s container handling capacity and attract vessels operating on important international shipping lanes.
Note – Nhava Sheva Freeport Terminal is a key terminal for India and the deal with ADB will increase India’s potential in becoming a USD 10 trillion economy by 2035.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB):
President – Masatsugu Asakawa
Headquarters – Mandaluyong city, Metro Manila, Philippines
Members – 68 members (49 from Asia and the Pacific and 19 outside)
HDFC to Raise at least Rs 30 Billion through Issue of 10-year Bonds
Housing Development Finance Corp (HDFC) plans to raise at least 30 billion rupees (USD 370.5 million) through the sale of bonds maturing in 10 years. The company has invited bankers and investors to bid for coupons and commitments. The issue will also have a greenshoe option to retain an additional Rs 20 billion and will close for subscription later this week.
- The bonds are rated AAA by CRISIL and will have a put option at the end of the third year.
Tata Motors, ICICI Bank tie up to offer Financing Solutions to its EV Dealers
Tata Motors has tied up with ICICI Bank to offer financing solutions to its authorized passenger Electric Vehicle (EV) dealers. Under this, the bank will provide inventory funding to the authorized passenger EV dealers in addition to the bank’s funding to dealers for diesel and petrol models.
- This partnership envisages making EVs and their purchase process more accessible and seamless.
- The EV dealers can also avail flexible repayment tenures.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
OPPO India & Meity’s CSC partners to train 10,000 women in Cyber Security through Cyber Sangini
OPPO India, a Mobile phone brand, partnered with the Common Service Centre (CSC) Academy, the Education & Corporate social responsibility (CSR) wing of Common Services Centres (CSC) under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India (GoI), for the Cyber Sangini program, 45-day course, to empower rural and semi-urban women by training them in the fundamentals of cybersecurity and cyber wellness.
- This initiative aims to equip women with the skills and knowledge needed to become certified ‘Cyber Sanginis’and act as Cyber Security Ambassadors in their area.
- Participants will receive a certificate from the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) or Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) upon completion of the course. This will enable them to get employment opportunities.
- Cyber Sanginis will be trained in the existing laws and frameworks that every citizen can use to protect themselves from such cyber incidents.
MSDE partners with Bharat Dynamics to Promote Apprenticeship Training Framework
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has partnered with Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), under the Ministry of Defense (MoD), to create an apprenticeship training framework to address the need for the skilled and future-ready workforce in the Central Public Sector Undertaking and industries.
- More than 250 apprentices have been employed under the collaboration at the BDL facility in Hyderabad, Telangana, where the ‘Astra’ missile, the state-of-the-art air-to-air missile is being manufactured.
- Three of the five components of these missiles are manufactured at this facility.
- The apprentices will receive on-the-job training in various sections of the facility and exposure to other industries.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
President Droupadi Murmu Confers Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2023On 23rd January 2023, President of India, Droupadi Murmu, conferred Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar for 2023 to 11 children for their exceptional achievement at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The 2023 awardees are from 11 states and Union territories (UTs) include 6 boys and 5 girls.
- Each awardee will receive a certificate, a cash prize of Rs. 1 lakh, and a medal.
Attendees – Union Minister for Women and Child Development, Smriti Zubin Irani; Minister of State (MoS) for Women and Child Development, Dr. Munjapara Mahendrabhai, were also present at the award ceremony.
- During the ceremony, Union Minister Smriti Zubin Irani released a book on Baal Veer titled “Young Heroes of India” and presented the 1st copy to the President of India.
About the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD):
Union Minister – Smriti Zubin Irani (Amethi Constituency, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS) – Munjapara Mahendrabhai Kalubhai (Surendranagar Constituency, Gujarat)
>> Read Full News
GoI announces winners of Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar for 2023On 23rd January 2023, on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, the Government of India (GoI) has selected the Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA) and Lunglei Fire Station (LFS), Mizoram, for the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar (SCBAPP) for 2023 under the Institutional category for their excellent work in Disaster Management.
About Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar:
Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar(SCBAPP) was instituted by National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), under the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), the Government of India(GoI) in 2018 to recognise and honour the invaluable contribution and selfless service rendered by individuals and organisations in India in the field of Disaster Management.
- This includes contributions in the areas of Disaster Prevention, Mitigation, Preparedness, Rescue, Response, Relief, Rehabilitation, Research / Innovations or Early Warning.
The winners of the award are annually announced on 23rd January, the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
Prize: The award carries a cash prize of Rs 51 lakh and a certificate in the case of an institution and Rs 5 lakh and a certificate in the case of an individual.
i. For the award of the year 2023, nominations were solicited from 1st July 2022 onwards.
ii. For Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2023, 274 valid nominations were received from institutions and individuals.
About the Winners of the 2023 Award in the Field of Disaster Management:
Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA):
i. OSDMA was established in 1999 in the aftermath of the Super Cyclone.
- It launched multiple initiatives including raising the Odisha Disaster Response Action Force (ODRAF), Multi-hazard Early Warning Service (MHEWS) framework, and a cutting-edge technology-enabled web/smartphone-based platform called “SATARK” (System for Assessing, Tracking, and Alerting Disaster Risk Information based on Dynamic Risk Knowledge).
ii. It responded effectively to various cyclones, including Hudhud (2014), Fani (2019), Amphan (2020), and Odisha floods (2020).
iii. It implemented disaster preparedness projects in 381 tsunami-prone villages and wards, as well as 879 multi-purpose cyclone and flood shelters within 1.5 kilometres (Km) of the coastline.
Lunglei Fire Station (LFS), Mizoram:
i. LFS responded quickly and effectively to a massive forest fire that broke out on 24th April 2021 in the uninhabited forest areas surrounding Lunglei town and spread to more than 10 village council areas.
ii. LFS personnel, assisted by local civilians, worked continuously for more than 32 hours, during which they motivated and provided on-the-spot training to residents.
- There was no loss of life or property due to the quick efforts of Fire & Emergency staff in putting out the flames, and the spread of fire to other parts of the state was prevented
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Justice Sabina appointed Acting Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court
Justice Sabina, the senior-most judge of the Himachal Pradesh High Court (HC), was appointed as Acting Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh HC, in the exercise of the power conferred by Article 223 of the Constitution of India, with effect from 21st January 2023 following the retirement of Himachal Pradesh HC Chief Justice, Amjad Ahtesham Sayed.
- She has previously served as the acting chief justice of Himachal Pradesh from May 25 to June 22, 2022.
- In 1986, Justice Sabina was unanimously selected as Joint Secretary of the Bar Association of Punjab and Haryana HC. She was appointed as an Additional District Judge in 1997.
- She was appointed as a Sessions Judge in September 2004 and was promoted to Additional Judge of Punjab and Haryana HC in 2008 and Permanent Judge in 2010.
- In 2016, she was transferred to the Rajasthan HC and sworn in as a Judge of the Rajasthan HC. Later in 2021, she was transferred to the Himachal Pradesh HC.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
DRDO & Naval Group France Signs Agreement to Safely Integrate Indigenous Systems in Kalvari-Class SubmarinesThe Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and Naval Group France have signed an agreement that would greatly improve the endurance of the Indian Navy’s Scorpene-class conventional submarines.
- According to the agreement, the Indian Naval Ship (INS) Kalvari will soon be equipped with the fuel cell-based Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) system of Naval Materials Research Laboratory (NMRL), giving a significant boost to “Aatmanirbhar Bharat”.
- NMRL is an Indian defence laboratory of the DRDO.
i.With this agreement, cooperation will be enhanced to include the design process for integrating indigenous AIP into Kalvari-class submarines.
- Kalvari class submarines have been built by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
ii.Naval Group France will certify the AIP design for integration into the submarines as part of the agreement.
- Pierre Eric Pommellet is the Chairman and CEO of Naval Group France.
Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) System
i.The AIP has a force multiplier impact on the lethality of a diesel-electric submarine since it increases submerged endurance by several folds.
ii.When compared to other technologies, it performs better, and it stands out since the hydrogen is generated onboard.
iii.The land-based prototype has been tested, and the technology has now reached the stage of maturity for industrialization.
History of Scorpene-Class Submarines: Project-75
i.In accordance with a USD 3.75 billion agreement signed in October 2005, six Scorpene submarines are being manufactured by the MDL under ‘Project-75’ with technology transfer from Naval Group France.
ii.The first submarine, “INS Kalvari”, was commissioned in December 2017.
- It was followed by the 2nd submarine, “INS Khanderi”, in September 2019, the 3rd submarine, “INS Karanj”, in March 2021, and the 4th submarine, “INS Vela”, in November 2021.
iii.On January 23, 2023, the Indian Navy commissioned “INS Vagir”, the 5th Scorpene-class conventional submarine.
- The 6th and last Scorpène-class submarine, “Vagsheer”, was launched into the sea in April 2022 and will be delivered to the Indian Navy by the end of 2023.
About the Indian Navy:
Chief of Naval Staff (CNS) – Admiral Radhakrishnan Hari Kumar
Founded – January 26, 1950
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
National Girl Child Day 2023 – January 24National Girl Child Day (NGCD) is annually observed across India on January 24 to spread public awareness about inequities that girls face in Indian society. The day also promotes awareness about the rights of the girl child.
The day is observed by holding a variety of events to honour girls.
i. National Girl Child Day was established in 2008 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD).
ii. The 1st ever National Girl Child Day was observed on 24th January 2008.
Various initiatives and campaigns have been implemented to improve the lives of girls, including Save the Girl Child, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, subsided or free education for girls, and so on.
According to the MoWCD, NGCD is meant to raise awareness about girls’ rights, support the nation’s girl children, eliminate gender biases, and emphasise the importance of education, health, and nutrition.
The event of National Girl Child Day 2023 is organised by the Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Education (MoE), with the theme “Self Defence Training for Girls”.
Beti Bachao and Beti Padhao (BBBP) Scheme:
i. The MoWCD in collaboration with the Ministry of Human Resource Development (now the Ministry of Education) and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare initiated the BBBP Scheme.
ii. BBBP scheme was launched by Narendra Modi, India’s Prime Minister (PM) on 22nd January 2015 in Panipat, Haryana.
iii. The objectives of this initiative are
- Prevention of gender-biased sex-selective elimination
- Ensuring survival & protection of the girl child
- Ensuring education and participation of the girl child
International Day of Education 2023- January 24United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Education (IDE) is annually observed across the globe on January 24 to celebrate the role of education in peace and development.
- 24th January 2023 marks the 5th observation of International Day of Education.
The theme of International Day of Education 2023 is “to invest in people, prioritize education”.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the United Nations agency for education, facilitates the annual observance of the Day in close collaboration with main education actors.
i. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/73/25 on 3rd December 2018 and proclaimed January 24 of every year observed as International Day of Education.
ii. Nigeria and 58 other Member States co-authored the resolution.
iii. The 1st ever International Day of Education was observed on 24th January 2019.
About the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO):
Director-General- Audrey Azoulay
Headquarters- Paris, France
Establishment- 1945 (came into force in 1946)
Members- 193 Members and 11 Associate Members.
>> Read Full News
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 25 January 2023|
|1||Mangrove cultivation different from agriculture, will attract 18% GST: AAAR|
|2||GoI Introduces U-WIN to Digitize India’s Universal Immunization Programme|
|3||AYUSH Ministry signed MoU with ITDC to Promote Medical Value Travel in India|
|4||MoYAS forms Oversight Committee headed by MC Mary Kom to Enquire Allegations Against WFI|
|5||India among top 3 nations in Expanding Organic Farming in 2020; Argentina Tops|
|6||RBI extends deadline to Complete Renewal Agreements for Existing Safe Deposit Lockers by Dec 31, 2023|
|7||AIF Exceeds Rs. 30,000 Crore in Capital Raised for Agriculture Infrastructure Projects|
|8||AU Small Finance Bank Launches Credit Card Offering Platform – SwipeUp|
|9||ADB & NSFTPL Signs USD 131 Million Loan to Support the JLN Port Upgradation & Enhance International Trade|
|10||HDFC to Raise at least Rs 30 Billion through Issue of 10-year Bonds|
|11||Tata Motors, ICICI Bank tie up to offer Financing Solutions to its EV Dealers|
|12||OPPO India & Meity’s CSC partners to train 10,000 women in Cyber Security through Cyber Sangini|
|13||MSDE partners with Bharat Dynamics to Promote Apprenticeship Training Framework|
|14||President Droupadi Murmu Confers Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2023|
|15||GoI announces winners of Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar for 2023|
|16||Justice Sabina appointed Acting Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court|
|17||DRDO & Naval Group France Signs Agreement to Safely Integrate Indigenous Systems in Kalvari-Class Submarines|
|18||National Girl Child Day 2023 – January 24|
|19||International Day of Education 2023- January 24|