We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 24 November 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Southern Command of Army Launched Military Exercise – Dakshin ShaktiIn November 2021, Pune-based Southern Command of the Army launched a military exercise named ‘Dakshin Shakti‘ in the training area of Rajasthan and Gujarat to validate the battle readiness and operational effectiveness of troops of the Southern Army, which covers about 41 percent of the country’s landmass.
- The exercise will be stress testing new concepts of war fighting in all domains, including air, space, cyber, electronic and information warfare.
- Focus – To exploit new and indigenous technologies like advanced light helicopter (weapon system integrated), Dhruv, swarm drones, to provide a cohesive intelligence, surveillance, and recce architecture.
- The exercise is being conducted in the backdrop of the soon-to-emerge Integrated Theatre Commands that give major emphasis on tri-service integrated operations.
Exercise ‘Sagar Shakti’:
i.A four-day multi-agency exercise named ‘Sagar Shakti’ was organised between November 19 and 22, 2021, as part of the ‘Dakshin Shakti’.
ii.The Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Indian Coast Guard, Border Security Force and Gujarat security apparatus took part in the Sagar Shakti exercise that was held in the creek sector of Kutch peninsula in Gujarat.
iii.Gujarat agencies, including the police, marine police and the fisheries department also participated in the exercise.
About Indian Army:
Chief of the Army Staff – Manoj Mukund Naravane
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
Coast Guards of India, Maldives & Sri Lanka conducts Biennial Trilateral Exercise – ‘Dosti’ The 5-day long, 15th edition of the Maldives, India, and Sri Lanka biennial Trilateral Exercise ‘Dosti’ was conducted in Maldives from 20-24 November 2021 as part of regional security formation for peaceful and stable Indian Ocean Region. The Exercise is conducted biennially among the Coast Guards of the 3 countries.
- This year marks the 30th year since the initiation of the exercise.
Aim – To strengthen the friendship, enhance mutual operational capability and to build cooperation between the Coast Guards to safeguard the Indian Ocean Region.
i.Indian Coast Guard vessels, Integrated Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Vajra and Apoorva along with Sri Lanka Coast Guard Ship (SLCGS) Suraksha Participated in the exercise.
ii.The Exercises provides assistance in sea accidents, eliminates sea pollution, and creates Coast Guard’s procedure and conduct during situations such as oil spills.
About Exercise Dosti:
The exercise was initiated in 1991, between the Indian & Maldivean Coast Guards. Sri Lanka joined the exercise for the first time in 2012.
Note – The Indian Navy’s INS Visakhapatnam was formally commissioned at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai in the presence of Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
Other Exercises of India:
|MITRA SHAKTI – Army||Sri Lanka & India|
|SLINEX – Navy|
|Ekuverin – Army||Maldives & India|
President – Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Capital – Male
Currency – Rufiyaa
About Sri Lanka:
Prime Minister – Gotabaya Rajapaksa
Capital – Jayawardenepura Kotte
Currency – Sri Lankan Rupee
Union Minister Bhupender Yadav flags off 1st All India Survey on Domestic WorkersOn November 22, 2021, Union Minister Bhupender Yadav, Ministry of Labour and Employment (MoL&E) virtually flagged off the first ever All India Survey on Domestic workers (DWs) from New Delhi. It is being conducted by the Labour Bureau, Chandigarh.
i.He also released an instruction manual with questionnaire for All India Survey on Domestic workers, which will cover 37states/UT’s (Union Territories) and 742 Districts.
ii.The Domestic Worker Survey collects information on the following broad parameters viz,
- Household Characteristics;
- Demographic Characteristics ;
- In addition to this, it also collects information on DWs such as their Age of entry, Social Group, Migrant status, Vocational Training/Education, Number of HHs served by DW, activities performed by them, and number of days worked, Duration of work, Type of remuneration and its frequency, Type of contract, Distance travelled, Engagement as DW before and after COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on wages and job, living conditions and social security benefits received.
- Information on Employer HHs is also collected such as their preferences of DW regarding Gender and marital status, mode of payment of wages, number of days worked, mode of engagement, whether DW services were availed during COVID-19 pandemic, medical support given to DWs.
Need behind this survey:
DWs constitute a significant portion of total employment in the informal sector. However, there is a lack of data on the prevailing employment conditions of DW. So, in order to gain more information on DWs, the Government of India (GoI) has entrusted the Labour Bureau to conduct an all-India survey on DWs.
- This survey is based upon the Indian Government’s evidence based, data driven policy for last mile delivery of services & to achieve the goal of ‘Sabka Sath Sabka Vikas, Sabka Viswas’.
Minister of State Rameshwar Teli, (MoL&E); Sunil Barthwal, Secretary, MoL&E; among others
Dr.Jitendra Singh launches India’s first Virtual Science Lab for children under CSIR Jigyasa programmeOn November 22, 2021, Minister of State (MoS) Dr Jitendra Singh, Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST) launched India’s first Virtual Science Lab for children under CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) Jigyasa programme. These labs will connect students with scientists across the country to explore science using different activities.
- It is on the lines of the National Education Policy (NEP), 2020 and its target audience is students of the standard VI to XII (11-18 years).
i.Students from Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs), Navodaya Vidyalayas and Government Schools will immensely benefit from this program.
ii.The content will be available in English initially, but has been planned to be made available in Hindi and other regional languages.
iii.Virtual lab would provide a virtual tour of CSIR laboratories and expose students to research infrastructure.
iv.It will also enable students to interact with scientists and seek their inputs or clear student’s doubts.
- Students will read, have fun and carry out experiments and materials which are presented by the CSIR scientists and other stakeholders.
v.The major stakeholders for the programme are academic based community consisting of Ministry of Education (MoE), CSIR scientist’s faculties, Ph.D. research students, school and junior college students, Sansthas, KVS, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samithi, State Government Schools, among others.
Background regarding the initiation of Virtual Labs:
The CSIR Scientist-Student Connect programme ‘Jigyasa’ was applauded by the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi. Following this, CSIR has partnered with IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Bombay (Maharashtra) to develop a Virtual Lab platform under Jigyasa programme.
Jigyasa Program: It was launched by CSIR in collaboration with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathans (KVS) in 2017 to extend the classroom learning with well planned research laboratory based learning.
- It connected nearly 3,00,000 students and more than 5,000 teachers with CSIR and they have benefited directly through visits to CSIR labs.
- Under this, MoU has been signed with Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas and also with Atal Tinkering Labs of NITI (National Institution for Transforming India ) Aayog.
Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia attends Udan Utsav in Odisha & Announced Target to Increase Airports to 220 in Next 5 Years
The Union Minister for Civil Aviation, Jyotiraditya M Scindia attended the ‘Udan Utsav’ celebrations at Veer Surendra Sai Airport in Jharsuguda, Odisha. He announced the target to increase the airport to 220 in next 5 years in India which include helipads and water aerodromes.
Highlights of the event:
i.The Minister also announced to set up The Greenfield Airport at Puri and the Phase II expansion of Veer Surendra Sai Airport in Jharsuguda.
- The Jharsuguda Airport was inaugurated by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi on November 22, 2018.
ii.He flagged off the Udan flight between Shillong (Meghalaya) and Dimapur (Nagaland) under RCS scheme (Regional Connectivity Scheme) via video conferencing & also unveiled a “Socio-economic Impact Study Report of UDAN Scheme conducted by Indian School of Business. He also witnessed the exchange of partnership agreement between Udan and Make My Trip.
About UDAN Scheme:
Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik (UDAN) was launched as a Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) under the Ministry of Civil Aviation in 2016.
To develop the regional aviation market.
- The UDAN 4.1 focuses on connecting smaller airports, along with special helicopter and seaplane routes.
- Some new routes have been proposed under the Sagarmala Seaplane services.
Note– Sagarmala Seaplane Services is an ambitious project under the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways with potential airline operators.
Other airports in Odisha:
i.Biju Patnaik International Airport
About Ministry of Civil Aviation:
Minister– Jyotiraditya M Scindia (Rajya Sabha,Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State- Vijay Kumar Singh (Ghaziabad, UttarPradesh)
Indore’s Patalpani Railway Station Renamed after Tribal Icon Tantya Bhil: MP CM Shivraj Singh ChouhanMadhya Pradesh (MP) Chief Minister (CM) Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced the renaming of Indore’s Patalpani railway station after tribal icon Tantya Bhil, who was well known as ‘Indian Robin Hood’ by the tribals. It will be renamed as Tantya Mama railway station.
- CM also announced that 2 other landmarks, the Bhanwar Kuan intersection and MR 10 bus stand, in Indore will also be named after Tantya Bhil.
- Bhanwar Kuan intersection and MR 10 bus stand, are being developed at a cost of Rs 53 crore.
About Tantya Bhil:
i.Tantya Bhil was a member of the Bhil tribe, the indigenous Adivasi community. He was popularly called as Mama by locals.
ii.Tantya Bhil is one of the revolutionaries who fought against British rule in India.
iii.He used to rob the British government treasuries and distribute the wealth among the poor.
Other landmarks named after tribal heroes:
i.Previously, Bhopal’s Habibganj Railway station has been renamed after Gond queen Rani Kamlapati.
ii.The Medical college which will be opened in Mandla will be named after King Hirde Shah, a great freedom fighter.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI floats Draft Scheme for amalgamation of PMC Bank with Unity Small Finance Banki.On November 22, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) revealed a draft scheme for amalgamating the Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank with the Delhi-based Unity Small Finance Bank Ltd. (USFB).
ii.The suggestions and objections to the draft scheme are open till December 10, 2021.
iii.PMC Bank Limited based in Mumbai, Maharashtra, a Multi-State Urban Cooperative Bank, was placed under All-Inclusive Directions under Sub-section (1) of Section 35-A read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation (BR) Act, 1949 on September 23, 2019 on account of fraud which led to a steep deterioration in its net worth.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Subsidiaries of RBI:
i.Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation of India (DICGC),
ii.Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited (BRBNMPL),
iii.Reserve Bank Information Technology Private Limited (ReBIT),
iv.Indian Financial Technology and Allied Services (IFTAS),
v.Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH)
>>Read Full News
SBI, PONLAIT Signed MoU to Offer Loan to Dairy FarmersThe State bank of India (SBI) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Pondicherry Co-op. Milk Producers’ Union Ltd (PONLAIT) for financing individual dairy farmers up to Rs 3 Lakh.
- The Loan will be made available through YONO application of the SBI Bank.
- SBI has introduced a technology product, named ‘SAFAL- Simple And Fast Agriculture Loan’ for financing individual Dairy farmers, who are supplying milk to commercial dairies on a regular basis.
- Around 3500 farmers, who are supplying milk to 98 primary Milk societies of PONLAIT will be benefited under the agreement.
i.The MoU was signed by Dairy Development Officer- cum-Joint Director of Animal Husbandry, Coumaravelu and the deputy general manager of the bank, Salem Prasanna Kumar.
ii.Chief Minister of Pondicherry, N Rangasamy, and Managing Director of the bank, Challa Sreenivasulu Setty were also present on the signing of MoU.
iii.This was the first of its kind MoU signed in the Chennai circle of the bank (which includes Tamil Nadu and Puducherry).
iv.The bank plans to enter into such agreements with commercial dairies throughout the country to finance farmers supplying milk to the dairies.
v.The MoU will support Puducherry to meet the daily requirement of milk by increasing milk production with the help of bank loans.
About Pondicherry Co-op. Milk Producers’ Union Ltd (PONLAIT):
Establishment – 1955 (as Pondicherry Co-operative Milk Supply Society)
Headquarters – Kurumampet, Pondicherry
ICICI Bank Launches Online Platform for Exporters and Importers – ‘Trade Emerge’On 23rd November 2021, the Private sector lender ICICI Bank launched an online platform named ‘Trade Emerge’ to offer digital banking and value-added services to exporters and importers across India.
- Aim – To increase the efficiency and productivity of exporters and importers decongesting the time-taking physical procedures.
i.Trade Emerge is set up to obtain key registrations and licenses such as trade license, Importer Exporter Code (IEC), GST registration and Registration Cum Membership Certificate issued by export promotion organisations or Commodity Boards of India.
ii.The banking services under the platform include current, saving account offerings, trade services, digital solutions, foreign exchange solutions, payment, collection solutions and credit cards.
iii.The value-added services include
- Incorporation of trade business, access to global trade database of nearly 15 million buyers and sellers across 181 countries
- Verification reports of potential customers through reputed credit bureaus
- Logistics solutions for shipment booking and last-mile tracking
- Online insurance services through a single-window
iv.This digital facility is associated with ‘India Filings’, an online business and tax compliance platform which helps traders to avail export benefits under the country’s Foreign Trade Policy.
i.India has emerged as a key player in the global export-import space with a consistent growth history.
ii.Overall exports (merchandise and services combined) and imports of India are estimated to be nearly $780 billion from April to October 2021.
About ICICI Bank:
Establishment – 1955 (Incorporated in 1994)
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman & MD – Sandeep Bakhshi
Tagline – Hum hai na, Khayal Apka
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
SBI Research Increased India GDP projection for FY22 to 9.3-9.6%; Q2FY22 at 8.1% The State Bank of India (SBI) Research has revised India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth projection for FY22 to a range of 9.3 – 9.6 percent from the earlier estimation of 8.5-9.0 percent.
- The GDP growth in Q2 FY22 was estimated at 8.1 percent, which is the highest growth across all economies.
- India’s GDP had grown 20.1 percent in the Q1 FY22, compared to a 24.4 percent contraction in the Q1 FY20.
i.As per the SBI estimation, the real GDP will be around Rs 2.4 lakh crore more than the FY20 Real GDP of Rs 145.69 lakh crore. Q2 FY22 GVA (Gross Value Added) is estimated at 7.1 percent.
ii.India’s real GDP growth would now be 1.5 -1.7 percent higher than the pre-pandemic level of FY20.
ii.SBI also suggested 5 key agricultural reforms that could act as enablers even without these bills.
About State Bank of India (SBI):
Establishment – 1 July, 1955
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
>>Read Full News
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Doordarshan & AIR Won ABU-UNESCO T4P Media Awards 2021 at Malaysia‘Living on the edge – The coastal lives’ and DEAFinitely Leading the Way produced by All India Radio(AIR) and Doordarshan respectively have won the ABU – UNESCO Together for Peace (T4P) Media Awards 2021 held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 17th November 2021.
The awards were presented by Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) in collaboration with the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO) under the ‘Together for Peace’ (T4P) initiative.
- ‘Living on the edge – The coastal lives’ won the award under Radio Ethical & sustainable Relationship with Nature category and DEAFinitely Leading the Way won the award under TV Living well with Super diversity category.
AIR and Doordarshan:
i.Living on the edge – The coastal lives of AIR explore the life of the fishermen community living in Visakhapatnam.
ii.DEAFinitely Leading the Way of Doordarshan is a program on the journey of a specially-abled child which aims to motivate the specially-abled persons to live their life with dignity.
About Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU):
Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) is the biggest broadcasting union in the world.
Acting President– Yang Sung Dong
Secretary-General– Dr Javad Mottaghi
Established in 1964
Headquarters– Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
>>Read Full News
Overview of 49th International Emmy® Awards held in New York City The International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences announced the winners of the 49th International Emmy® Awards (2021) over the event organised at the Great Hall of Casa Cipriani in New York City, United States of America(USA).
- The International Emmy® Awards 2021 was hosted by actress and comedian Yvonne Orji.
- 1 Special Award (Directorate Award 2021) and 11 Emmy® statues were presented during the event.
i.The Israeli thriller “Tehran” produced by the Kan public broadcaster has won the International Emmy® Award 2021 for Drama Series.
ii.Hayley Squires(UK) won the International Emmy award 2021 for Best Performance by an Actress for her role as British porn star Jolene Dollar in Adult Material.
iii.David Tennant(UK) won the Best Performance by an Actor for portraying serial killer Dennis Nilsen in Des.
About International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences:
President & CEO– Bruce Paisner
Founded in 1969
Headquarters– New York City, United States
>>Read Full News
Dr S K Sohan Roy 1st Indian to be honoured with Knighthood of Parte Guelfa in Florence, ItalyKeralite Dr S K Sohan Roy, the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) and founder of Aries Group of Companies has become the first Indian to be honoured with the Knighthood of Parte Guelfa for his humanitarian and Environmental protection efforts in business and movies.
He hails from Punalur, Kollam, Kerala.
- The honorary title of “Knight of Parte Guelfa” has been conferred upon him during the conferring ceremony organised during the Investitures of Parte Guelfa of Annus Domini 2021, November 19 to 21.
- The event was held at the Basilica of Santa Croce and the Palagio di Parte Guelfa in Florence, Italy.
Order of the Guelph Part:
i.Order of the Guelph Part or Ordo Parte Guelfae which was initially known as Societas Partis Ecclesiae is an order of pontifical foundation established by Pope Clement IV in 1266.
ii.The Guelph part is concerned with environmental protection and the knighthood is recognised as the protector of the World Environment.
>>Read Full News
CSO Pratham Awarded Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2021 Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2021 is awarded to Pratham, a civil society organization (CSO) which is dedicated to improving the quality of education among underprivileged children in India and across the world.
- The awardee was selected by an international jury chaired by former Chief Justice of India T S Thakur.
Main Focus of Pratham
- To ensure that every child has access to quality education.
- To introduce innovative use of digital technology for better delivery in education
- To provide skills to young adults through various programmes.
- To provide a regular evaluation of the quality of education and timely response in enabling children to learn during the COVID-19 related school closures.
About CSO Pratham
Established – 1995
Established by – Madhav Chavan and Farida Lambay
CEO – Rukmini Banerji
–Its outreach in India has expanded to 1 million children directly and 5 million through government partnerships annually.
–Its Annual Status of Education Report (ASER) helps to assess educational outcomes and learning deficiencies in 14 countries over three continents.
–Pratham launched a flagship programme, Read India in 2007, to improve children’s basic reading and arithmetic skills.
About Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development
i.It was instituted in the memory of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi in 1986.
ii.It consists of a monetary award of Rs 25 lakh along with a citation.
iii.The award is given to individuals or organisations who work towards ensuring international peace and development and creating new international economic order.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Romania’s President nominates Nicolae Ciuca as the New PM of Romania
The President of Romania, Klaus Iohannis nominated former army general Nicolae Ciuca as the new Prime Minister (PM) of the country.
- Nicolae Ciuca is currently serving as caretaker Defence Minister. He served in the U.S.-led military campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan.
i.Romania, one of the European Union’s member countries has been in political paralysis since a centrist coalition government splintered in September 2021.
ii.Nicolae will form a coalition government consisting of the National Liberal Party (NLP) and the Social Democrat Party (SDP).
i.The river Danube (Europe’s second-longest river) originated in Germany’s Black Forest and flows in a southeasterly direction. it empties into Romania’s Danube Delta.
ii.In 2004 the country joined the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and in 2007 it became a member of the European Union (EU).
President- Klaus Iohannis
Currency– Romanian leu
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
NASA Selects INCUS, a New Mission to Study Storms & Impacts on Climate ModelsA mission namely ‘Investigation of Convective Updrafts (INCUS)’ has been selected by NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) as a new Earth science mission under its Earth Venture Mission-3 (EVM-3).
- INCUS is a collection of three SmallSats in tight coordination which will study the behavior of tropical storms and thunderstorms, including their impacts on weather and climate models.
- It is expected to launch in 2027 with an estimated outlay of $177 million. It does not include the launch costs.
i.The principal investigator for INCUS is Susan van den Heever at Colorado State University in Fort Collins.
- INCUS will directly address why convective storms, heavy precipitation, and clouds occur, and exactly when and where they form.
- The investigation is based upon the 2017 Earth Science Decadal Survey by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
ii.The mission will be supported by several NASA centers including the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Southern California, Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama, with key satellite system components to be provided by Blue Canyon Technologies, and Tendeg LLC, both in Colorado.
- NASA will also select a launch provider in the future.
About Earth Venture Mission-3 (EVM-3):
EVM-3, a part of Earth Venture Program, envisages complete, space-based investigations to address important science questions and produce data of societal relevance within the Earth science field. NASA received 12 proposals for EVM-3 missions in March 2021. After detailed review, the agency selected INCUS to continue into development.
About Earth Venture Program:
NASA’s Earth Venture Program consists of science-driven, competitively selected, low-cost missions/investigations to better understand the current state of the Earth system and to improve predictions of future changes.
DMRC launches 1st Prototype of Indigenously Driver Training System – RSDTSOn 22nd November 2021, Durga Shanker Mishra, Chairman of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) & Secretary of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launched the first prototype of an indigenous developed Rolling Stock Driver Training System (RSDTS) at DMRC.
- He also saw the demonstration of the functioning of a Super-Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system in the presence of DMRC MD Mangu Singh.
Note – RSDTS & Super SCADA are initiatives taken under joint cooperation between DMRC & Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), based on MoUs signed in September 2020 & June 2021.
Features of RSDTS:
i.The RSDTS is a technology used for training Metro & Railways Train drivers. It creates different combinations of rolling stock, signalling and line profiles.
ii.Earlier the technology was imported by DMRC foreign original equipment manufacturers (OEM) at a high cost whereas the indigenously developed technology is cost effective and provides flexibility in training the drivers.
Features of Super-SCADA:
i. It is a decision support system that integrates various software platforms, and provides various levels of management & predictive maintenance feasibility using artificial intelligence and machine learning
ii. At present, three systems, namely automatic fare collection (AFC), lifts and escalators, and wheel monitoring system of rolling stock have been covered in Phase-1 of the development of the Super-SCADA.
About Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
Established – 1995
Managing Director (MD) – Mangu Singh
Bengaluru Airport Becomes 1st In South Asia To Launch Rosenbauer Firefighting SimulatorThe Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) in Bengaluru, Karnataka became the first airport in South Asia to commission a state-of-the-art fire fighting system ‘Rosenbauer Tactical Simulator’ from Rosenbauer International, an Austrian company to strengthen its firefighting capabilities.
- The state-of-the-art facilities will be open for all firefighters from other airports also. State fire departments and defence forces are also allowed.
About Rosenbauer Tactical Simulator:
i.According to the Bangalore International Airport Ltd (BIAL), the simulator provides a realistic experience in the operation of crash fire tenders, including all operating controls, from the steering wheel to turret control, projected through multiple high definition screens.
ii.The firefighters will get the training in a realistic environment, learn the tactical use of ‘Rosenbauer Panther trucks’ and operate High Reach Extendable Turrets (HRET) for extreme aircraft fire emergencies.
- Bengaluru airport is the only one in India that has commissioned these hi-tech trucks with HRETs.
- Two Rosenbauer Panther 6×6 trucks and two Rosenbauer Panther 8×8 trucks, including two with HRETs, were commissioned earlier.
iii.The BIAL has added four advanced Rosenbauer Crash Fire Tenders (CFTs) to its fleet. It will ensure the safety and security of all stakeholders, passengers and airlines.
About Bangalore International Airport Ltd (BIAL):
Managing Director & CEO-Hari K Marar
Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka
China Launched its 3rd Gaofen-11 High-Resolution Reconnaissance SatelliteThe China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC) launched China’s 3rd Gaofen-11 (03) high-resolution reconnaissance satellite on 19th November 2021 from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in the northern province of Shanxi.
This is China’s 44th launch of 2021.
- This marks the 397th mission for the Long March series carrier rockets.
About the launch:
i.The satellite was launched by the Long March 4B rocket (also known as Chang Zheng 4B).The perigee height was 247 kilometers, the apogee height was 694 kilometers, and the orbital inclination was 97.5 degrees.
ii.This adds to the set of classified satellites with a high optical resolution to match the capabilities of the spy satellites of the United States of America(USA).
iii.The Gaofen-11 03 will be used for land surveys, city planning, land rights confirmation, road network design, crop yield estimation and disaster prevention and mitigation.
i.According to the China Academy of Space Technology (CAST) under CASC, three Gaofen-11 satellites will be networked together.
ii.The Gaofen-11 (03) will circularize its orbit to match the roughly 495-kilometre altitudes at which the other two Gaofen-11 orbits.
iii.The 1st and 2nd Goafen-11 satellites were launched in 2018 and 2020.
Note: Gaofen-11 has the capability to return optical imagery at a resolution of around 10 centimeters.
i.China launched the first member of the Gaofen constellation, Gaofen 1, in April 2013.
ii.The Gaofen satellites form the civilian China High-resolution Earth Observation System (CHEOS) which consists of optical, multispectral, hyperspectral and synthetic aperture radar satellites.
Tamil Nadu wins 2021-22 Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy
On 22nd November 2021, Tamil Nadu cricket team won their second consecutive Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy after defeating Karnataka in the finals that was held at Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi. Tamil Nadu Batsman M. Shahrukh Khan was named as the Man of the Match.
- In the Tournament, Vidarbha team’s bowler Akshay Karnewar created the World Record for the Most Economic figures in T20 cricket, for his 4 maiden overs bowled to produce figures of 4-4-0-2 against Manipur.
- Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, is an annual Twenty 20 (T20) cricket tournament conducted since 2006/07, where Tamil Nadu has won the most number of titles (3).
Ex South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan passed away The former president of South Korea Chun Doo-hwan passed away at the age of 90 years due to heart failure in Seoul, South Korea. Chun Doo-hwan was born on 6 March 1931 in Hapcheon County, South Korea.
About Chun Doo-hwan:
i.In 1970,holding the rank of Colonel, Chun Doo hwan became Commander of the 29th Regiment, South Korean 9th Infantry Division and participated in the Vietnam War.
ii.He belonged to the ‘Democratic Justice’ party. He became the 5th President of South Korea.
iii.He served as the President of the Democratic Justice Party for 1981 to 1987.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Ex-Army Officer Maroof Raza Authored a Book Titled “Contested Lands: India, China and the Boundary Dispute”Former Army Officer Maroof Raza has authored a new book titled “Contested Lands: India, China and the Boundary Dispute”. The book features the history of India’s boundary making with Tibet and China and analyses the current India-China boundary contestation stemming from interpretations of history in the post-colonial period.
- The book is published by Westland Non-Fiction, an imprint of Westland Publication Private Limited.
About the book:
The book features a significant and insightful historic perspective of the relationship between India and China which will enable the strategic thinker to shape India’s behaviour to protect its national interests.
About Maroof Raza:
i.Maroof Raza is a commentator on global, military and security issues.
ii.He is a Consulting Editor (for strategic affairs) for the Times television network.
He has also hosted the award-winning documentary show on India’s armed forces ‘Line of Duty’.
iii.He has anchored the weekly show “Latitude” since 2005.
Some of his works:
- Kashmir’s Untold Story (co-authored with Iqbal Chand Malhotra)
- Shourya Gatha: Bharat Ke Veer Senani (co-authored with Lt. Col. Sheodan Singh)
- War Despatches 1971 (co-authored with Brig B.S. Mehta)
Gujarat Signs 20 MoUs Totalling Rs 24,185 crore ahead of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2022On 22nd November 2021, the Gujarat government signed multiple memorandums of understanding (MoUs) attracting proposed investments of around Rs 24,185 crore as part of the 2022 Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit (VGGS 2022).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 10th edition of VGGS in Gandhinagar, Gujarat on 10th January 2022.
- 20 MoUs will be signed ahead of the VGGS 2022 will collectively generate 36,925 jobs.
About the Event Day of VGGS 2022:
- The summit will be held on the Central Theme: ‘From Atmanirbhar Gujarat to Atmanirbhar Bharat’
- Government to hold roadshows in the Middle East, Europe under the summit.
- More than 15 countries are set to participate in the three-day VGGS 2022 event
Governor – Acharya Devvrat
Wildlife sanctuaries – Purna Wildlife Sanctuary, Kutch Bustard Sanctuary, Mitiyala Wildlife Sanctuary, Nalsarovar wildlife sanctuary
Festivals – Janmashtami, Bhadra Purnima, Rath Yatra, Modhera Dance Festival
>>Read Full News
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 24 November 2021|
|1||Southern Command of Army Launched Military Exercise – Dakshin Shakti|
|2||Coast Guards of India, Maldives & Sri Lanka conducts Biennial Trilateral Exercise – ‘Dosti’|
|3||Union Minister Bhupender Yadav flags off 1st All India Survey on Domestic Workers|
|4||Dr.Jitendra Singh launches India’s first Virtual Science Lab for children under CSIR Jigyasa programme|
|5||Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia attends Udan Utsav in Odisha & Announced Target to Increase Airports to 220 in Next 5 Years|
|6||Indore’s Patalpani Railway Station Renamed after Tribal Icon Tantya Bhil: MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan|
|7||RBI floats Draft Scheme for amalgamation of PMC Bank with Unity Small Finance Bank|
|8||SBI, PONLAIT Signed MoU to Offer Loan to Dairy Farmers|
|9||ICICI Bank Launches Online Platform for Exporters and Importers – ‘Trade Emerge’|
|10||SBI Research Increased India GDP projection for FY22 to 9.3-9.6%; Q2FY22 at 8.1%|
|11||Shows produced by Doordarshan & AIR Won ABU-UNESCO T4P Media Awards 2021 at Malaysia|
|12||Overview of 49th International Emmy® Awards held in New York City|
|13||Dr S K Sohan Roy 1st Indian to be honoured with Knighthood of Parte Guelfa in Florence, Italy|
|14||CSO Pratham Awarded Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2021|
|15||Romania’s President nominates Nicolae Ciuca as the New PM of Romania|
|16||NASA Selects INCUS, a New Mission to Study Storms & Impacts on Climate Models|
|17||DMRC launches 1st Prototype of Indigenously Driver Training System – RSDTS|
|18||Bengaluru Airport Becomes 1st In South Asia To Launch Rosenbauer Firefighting Simulator|
|19||China Launched its 3rd Gaofen-11 High-Resolution Reconnaissance Satellite|
|20||Tamil Nadu wins 2021-22 Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy|
|21||Ex South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan passed away|
|22||Ex-Army Officer Maroof Raza Authored a Book Titled “Contested Lands: India, China and the Boundary Dispute”|
|23||Gujarat Signs 20 MoUs Totalling Rs 24,185 crore ahead of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2022|