We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 20 August 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs August 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Goa becomes 1st ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Certified State & D&NH and D&D becomes 1st ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Certified UT in India
Goa becomes the first ‘Har Ghar Jal’ certified State while Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu (D&NH and D&D) becomes the first ‘Har Ghar Jal’ certified Union Territory (UT) in India.
- People from all the villages of Goa and D&NH and D&D have declared their village as ‘Har Ghar Jal’ through a resolution passed by Gram Sabha, certifying that all households in the villages have access to safe drinking water through taps, ensuring that ‘No One is Left Out’.
- All 2.63 lakh rural households of Goa & 85,156 of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu have access to potable water through tap connection.
About Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM):
i.Jal Jeevan Mission(JJM) is a flagship programme of the Government of India(GoI) announced on August 15, 2019.
‘Har Ghar Jal’ is a flagship programme of GoI, implemented by Jal Jeevan Mission under the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
ii.JJM aims to make provision of potable tap water supply in adequate quantity, of prescribed quality and on regular & long-term basis to every rural household of the country by 2024.
iii.The program is implemented by GoI in partnership with States/UTs.
iv.Village Water and Sanitation Committee (VWSC) or paani samiti has been constituted in all the 378 villages of Goa and 96 villages of D&NH and D&D. VWSC is responsible for operation, maintenance and repair of water supply infrastructure developed under ‘Har Ghar Jal’ programme.
v.Today more than 10 lakh women in the country have been trained to use Field Test Kits (FTKs) for testing the quality of water supplied in rural households.
- More than 57 lakh water samples have been tested by these women using FTKs.
- More than 52% rural households in India are now connected with tap water which was only 17% at the time of launch of this transformational mission on August 15, 2019.
Jharkhand Becomes First State in India to Use Blockchain Technology for Seed Distribution
On 18th August 2022, Jharkhand’s Directorate of Agriculture and SettleMint, a blockchain tech company, implemented the distribution of seed to farmers using a blockchain-based platform.
- Jharkhand became the 1st Indian state to implement blockchain technology which is being used to track seed distribution.
- This aims at reducing pilferage and avoids spurious seeds that farmers receive through various government schemes including the seed exchange scheme.
i.The platform enables traceability, real-time monitoring and efficient management of the schemes in a transparent manner.
ii.In order to make use of the blockchain technology, each farmer must register themselves in the blockchain system along with an Aadhar card and mobile number, through which the technology enables timely availability of seeds to farmers and also distributors and retailers.
iii.This provides information on a real-time basis to monitor activities like seed distribution under Large Area Multipurpose Society (LAMPS), Primary Agriculture Credit Society (PACS), Farmers Producer Organisation (FPO) to farmers in different districts, quantity or variety of seed being purchased by farmers, number of times seed is being purchased by a farmer and such others.
- Until now, more than 3 lakh farmers, 600 LAMPS or PACS or Private distributors and 160 FPOs have been registered on the platform.
- During the current kharif season, the department has covered seed distribution of cereals, pulses, oilseeds and coarse cereals through blockchain technology.
Steel Ministry extends PLI scheme for Specialty Steel to September 15, 2022On August 17, 2022, the Union Ministry of Steel extended the last date for receipt of applications under the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for Specialty Steel till September 15, 2022 from July 31, 2022.
- The last date has been extended multiple times since the scheme was launched in 2021.
- It can be applied through the online application window at https://plimos.meconlimited.co.in/.
- Interested companies are requested to first register and then apply on the portal before the deadline.
About PLI Scheme for Specialty Steel:
i.In July 2021, the Union Cabinet approved the PLI Scheme for Specialty Steel in India which will be implemented over FY 2024-25 to FY 2029-30 with a budgetary outlay of Rs 6,322 crore.
ii.It aims to promote manufacturing of such steel grades within India, and to boost the domestic production of Specialty Steel and attract significant investment for production for the same.
iii.The scheme will give employment to about 5,25,000 people of which 68,000 will be direct employment.
iv.The PLI scheme is expected to draw investments worth approximately Rs 400 billion (US$5.37 billion) and expand capacity of specialty steel by 25 million ton (MT), from 18 MT in 2020-21 to 42 MT in 2026-27.
v.5 categories of specialty steel have been chosen in the PLI Scheme viz. coated/plated steel products, high strength/wear resistant steel, specialty rails, alloy steel products and steel wires, and electrical steel.
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh Hands Over Indigenously Developed Equipment & Systems to Indian ArmyUnion Minister Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence (MoD), has handed over indigenously developed equipment and systems to the Indian Army in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The equipment/systems have been jointly developed by the Indian Army, Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs), Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO), and industry with a vision to modernize the Armed Forces under the “AatmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.”
Equipment & Systems Handed Over to The Indian Army
- Future Infantry Soldier as a System (F-INSAS)
- Anti-Personnel mine ‘Nipun’
- Hand Held Thermal Imager (Uncooled)
- Commander Thermal Imaging Sight for T-90 tank
- Mini Remotely Piloted Aerial System (RPAS) etc.,
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh also unveiled the Scales of Accommodation (SoA) 2022, which authorizes the construction of facilities for the operational, functional, training, administrative, living, and recreation needs of Defence Services.
About Ministry of Defence (MoD):
Union Minister – Rajnath Singh (Constituency- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS) – Ajay Bhatt
>> Read Full News
India Hands Over Dornier Maritime Surveillance Aircraft to Sri Lanka Navy
On August 16, 2022, India presented a Dornier Maritime Surveillance Aircraft (Dornier 228) to the Sri Lanka Navy in the presence of Ranil Wickremesinghe, President of Sri Lanka, during a special ceremony conducted at the Sri Lanka Airforce base in Katunayake, Sri Lanka.
- The ceremony took place as India marked the 75th anniversary of its independence.
Vice Admiral S N Ghormade, Vice Chief of Naval Staff (VCNS), accompanied by the Indian High Commissioner in Colombo, Gopal Baglay, handed over the maritime surveillance aircraft to the Sri Lanka Navy during a two-day visit to Sri Lanka.
Note: The Dornier aircraft has been handed over by India just a day before the Chinese ship ‘Yuan Wang 5’ docks in the southern port of Hambantota in Sri Lanka.
i. The Dornier was presented as a response to Sri Lanka’s request for two Dornier reconnaissance aircraft from India in 2018 to boost its maritime surveillance capabilities.
- The gifting of a Dornier aircraft will emphasize the defence and security cooperation between India and Sri Lanka.
ii.As a result, India would give Sri Lanka with two Dornier aircraft manufactured by the state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
iii. The Dornier aircraft will be presented back to the Indian Navy after these two HAL-made aircraft are delivered.
Cooperation Between Sri Lanka & India in The Fields of Defence & Security
i. India & Sri Lanka signed a number of agreements in April 2022 in Colombo (Sri Lanka) during the 8th Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) meeting, including a defence-related deal to enhance maritime security.
ii.With a USD 6 million grant given by the Indian government, a joint Maritime Rescue Coordination Center (MRCC) will be established to improve Sri Lanka’s capacities in its search and rescue areas.
- It is intended to increase Sri Lanka’s competence and capacity and is consistent with India’s vision of Security and Growth for All in the Region (SAGAR) in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
iii.Sri Lanka is a member of the “Colombo Security Conclave,” a trilateral initiative for maritime cooperation in the region that commenced with India, Sri Lanka, & the Maldives and later included Mauritius.
On August 12, 2022, the Pakistan Navy Ship (PNS) ‘Taimur,’ which was in Colombo for an official visit, completed a passage exercise with the Sri Lanka Navy Ship (SLNS) ‘Sindurala.’
BSF & IRCTC Signed MoU to ensure safety of booking data under Air E-Ticket Service
On 16th August 2022, the Border Security Force (BSF) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to ensure the safety and security of booking data for BSF personnel with low cancellation charges and provided an online portal with a credit facility of 60 days.
- The MoU for the BSF Air e-ticket service was signed in the presence of the Director General (DG) of BSF, Pankaj Kumar Singh and other high authorities at BSF Force Headquarters (FHQ) Delhi, New Delhi.
- This will enable better facilities to the BSF personnel who guard 3,323 km of India-Pakistan and 4,096 km India-Bangladesh borders.
9th Meeting of India-Thailand Joint Commission held in Bangkok, Thailand; MoUs Signedi.From August 16-18, 2022, Union Minister Subrahmanyam (S.) Jaishankar, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) of India paid an official visit to Bangkok, Thailand to attend the 9th Meeting of India-Thailand Joint Commission (JCM).
ii.The meeting was co-chaired by MEA Minister S.Jaishankar along with Don Pramudwinai, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand.
iii.Notably, India’s 75th anniversary of India’s Independence also coincided with the 75th anniversary of establishment of India-Thailand diplomatic relations.
iv.During the meeting, discussions were held on the wide ranging issues of mutual interest and reviewed the progress made in various areas, including political, defence & security, economic & commercial, regional, multilateral, connectivity, cultural, tourism and people-to-people ties.
India’s Ambassador to Thailand– Suchitra Durai
Currency– Thai Baht
>> Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
SEBI issued Guidelines for Overseas Investment by AIFs, VCFs
On August 17, 2022, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) issued new guidelines for Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) and Venture Capital Funds (VCFs) for making investment abroad, under which overseas investee firms won’t need to have an Indian connection.
- These regulations have been issued in terms of Regulation 12(ba) of erstwhile SEBI (Venture Capital Funds) Regulations 1996 and Regulation 15(1)(a) of SEBI (Alternative Investment Funds) Regulations, 2012, AIFs/VCFs.
- While the information for the same is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of SEBI Act 1992 to protect the interest of investors in the securities market.
i.AIFs can invest in securities of companies incorporated outside India.
ii.On the other hand, VCFs are allowed to make investments in off-shore venture capital undertaking, subject to certain conditions.
- One of the conditions was that such overseas investments were allowed only in those companies which had an Indian connection. Like, a company has a front office overseas, while having its back office operations in India.
iii.AIFs or VCFs will be allowed to invest in an overseas investee company, which is incorporated in a country whose securities market regulator is a signatory to the International Organization of Securities Commission’s (IOSCO) Multilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) or a signatory to the bilateral MoU with SEBI.
iv.AIFs or VCFs will not invest in an overseas investee company, which is incorporated in a country identified by Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
v.AIFs or VCFs will have to file an application before Sebi for allocation of overseas investment limit in the format.
vi.All AIFs and VCFs to make disclosure in the specified format of all overseas investments sold/divested by them till date, within 30 days.
Click Here for Official Release
About Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
Chairperson– Madhabi Puri Buch
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
RBI Cancels Licence of Deccan Urban Co-operative Bank
On 17th August 2022, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) cancelled the licence of Deccan Urban Co-operative Bank Limited, Vijayapur, Karnataka as it does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
- The bank is prohibited from conducting the ‘business of banking’ as defined in Section 5(b) read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 with immediate effect.
- The bank has failed to comply with the requirements of Sections 22(3) (a), 22 (3) (b), 22(3)(c), 22(3) (d) and 22(3)(e) read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
i.As per the data, more than 99 percent of the depositors are entitled to receive the full amount of their deposits from Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC).
ii.On liquidation, every depositor would be entitled to receive deposit insurance claim amount up to a monetary ceiling of Rs. 5 Lakh from DICGC subject to the provisions of DICGC Act, 1961.
- As on 6th August 2022, DICGC has already paid Rs. 13.07 crore of the total insured deposits under the provisions of Section 18A of the DICGC Act, 1961 based on the willingness received from the concerned depositors of the bank.
Note – RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs. 5,93,000 on Obopay Mobile Technology India Private Limited for non-compliance with certain provisions of norms on Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPIs) and Know Your Customer (KYC).
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Governor – Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors – T. Rabi Sankar, M. Rajeshwar Rao, Dr. M. D. Patra, M. K. Jain
Establishment – 1935
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Indian Coast Guard Signs MoUs with 8 Banks Including IDFC First Bank
The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) signed Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with eight banks to provide customized banking services for its personnel deployed across India for the welfare of its troops.
- Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, Yes Bank, Punjab National Bank(PNB), IDFC First Bank, and ICICI Bank are among the eight banks.
i. ICG inked these MoUs with these banks in order to provide customised services to its employees, withthe well-being and welfare of the troops as key purposes.
- It aims to obtain special salary accounts from the banks.
ii.The ICG has a range of programs and packages available to its officials and sailors that would be beneficial for them and could benefit from its services.
Note: The Maritime Zones of India are divided into five Coast Guard Regions for effective command and control: North-West – Gandhinagar, Gujarat; West – Mumbai, Maharashtra; East – Chennai, Tamil Nadu; North-East – Kolkata, West Bengal; and Andaman & Nicobar – Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
About Indian Coast Guard (ICG):
Director General Indian Coast Guard (DGICG) – Director General VS Pathania
Establishment – 1977
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
Aegon Life Insurance launches #PlayForOurHeroes campaign to raise fund for AFFDF
Life Insurance Company Aegon Life Insurance Company (ALIC) has launched ‘#PlayForOurHeroes’ campaign in order to celebrate the 75th Independence Day. The campaign uses gamification to create awareness about insurance and raise funds for Armed Forces Flag Day Fund (AFFDF).
- This online game has been launched to spread awareness about the importance of life insurance.
- Aegon Life Insurance Company urges people to play and score points with the tagline ‘The more you play, the more we donate’.
Karnataka Bank launches New Term Deposit Scheme KBL Amrit Samriddhi under ACC
On the occasion of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, Mangaluru-based Karnataka Bank has come up with a new term deposit scheme called “KBL Amrit Samriddhi” under Abhyudaya Cash Certificate (ACC) and Fixed Deposit (FD) category.
The bank has offered the term deposit scheme for 75 weeks (525 days) with the interest rate on the Deposit Scheme of 6.10% per annum.
Note: The other banks introducing new FD schemes are the State Bank of India (SBI) launched the Utsav Deposit and Bank of Baroda (BoB) launched the Baroda Tiranga Deposit Scheme.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Union Minister of Coal, Pralhad Joshi distributed Coal Minister’s Awards for 2021-22
Union Minister of Coal, Mines and Parliamentary Affairs, Pralhad Joshi addressed the 2nd edition of Coal Minister’s awards ceremony in New Delhi, Delhi. He pointed out that the coal sector played a crucial role in ensuring energy security of India.
- He also felicitated the winners of the Coal Minister’s Awards for 2021-22 in Different Categories
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain, Secretary (Coal) , Ministry of Coal, Pramod Agrawal, Chairman of Coal India Limited(CIL) and other senior officials of the ministry and CIL subsidiaries participated in the event.
About Coal Minister’s Awards for 2021-22:
i.Mahanadi Coal Fields Ltd (MCL) bagged the first prize in three categories– Safety, Production & Productivity, and Quality.
ii.The first prize in the Sustainability category won by Western Coalfields Limited (WCL), Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL) won first prize in implementation of ERP (Enterprise resource planning).
iii.Central Coalfields Limited (CCL), a Jharkhand- based subsidiary of CIL, bagged the award under Safety and Sustainability category.
- The CCL was awarded second prize in Safety and third prize in Sustainability category for outstanding performance.
Background of the award:
i.The awards were initiated in 2021, the purpose of the Awards was to acknowledge the best performers among CIL’s coal producing companies.
ii.In 2021, the awards were distributed in three categories – Safety; Production & Productivity; Sustainability.
- Currently in 2022 two new additional categories of Quality and ERP implementation were also added. The General Managers of best performing areas are also acknowledged and awarded in four subcategories.
i.The CIL recorded production of 224 million ton (MT) coal in India till 11th Aug, 2022, It has achieved a strong growth of 24%.
- Total off-take of 251 MTs with 10.4% growth is another point in the company’s performance
ii.The CIL’s capital expenditure reached an all time high of 15,400 crores in FY’22, overtaking the target for the second consecutive year.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
CCI approves acquisition of the stake in Simpolo Vitrified Private Limited by IBEF IV, India SME, MOFPL and others
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves acquisition of the stake in Simpolo Vitrified Private Limited (SVPL) by India Business Excellence Fund IV (IBEF IV), India SME Investments Fund – I (India SME), Motilal Oswal Finvest Limited (MOFPL), partners of Simpolo Ceramics (SC or Simpolo Ceramics) and the shareholders of Nexion International Private Limited (Nexion) including Aghara & Sons (Aghara) and Ceramiche Speranza SPA (Ceramiche SPA).
Other CCI approvals:
i.The CCI also approves amalgamation of Creixent Special Steels Limited (CSSL) and JSW Ispat Special Products Limited (JSW Ispat) with and into JSW Steel Limited (JSW Steel) under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
ii.The acquisition by Katsura Investments in Varmora Granito Private Limited and certain other entities along with the acquisition of Varmora Granito Private Limited in some of its Group Companies and other entities was also approved by CCI.
iii.The CCI has approved EQT AB’s acquisition of Baring Private Equity Asia Group Limited (BPEA) and its subsidiaries including majority control of its general partner entities also given its nod for the 9.9 percent acquisition of the equity shareholding of EQT by Jean Eric Salata Rothleder, BPEA Founder.
About Competition Commission of India(CCI):
Chairperson – Ashok Kumar Gupta
Establishment – 2003
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
>> Read Full News
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Dr Jitendra Singh released a book “Transforming India- Governance for Atmanirbhar Bharat” & “Adhigam”, ISTM Journal on ‘Research on Training and Governance’
Union Minister of State (MoS) Science & Technology Dr Jitendra Singh released a book titled “Transforming India- Governance for Atmanirbhar Bharat” and an ISTM journal “Adhigam – ISTM Journal of Training Research and Governance” while addressing the Assistant Section Officers (Probationers) of 2019 Batch at Institute of Secretariat Training and Management(ISTM) in New Delhi, Delhi.
Radha Chauhan, Secretary (Personnel), Deepti Umashankar, EO & Additional Secretary, Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Dr. R. Balasubramaniam, Member (HR), CBC, S.D. Sharma, Director, ISTM & Joint Secretary (Trg.) and other senior officers joined the event.
About Institute of Secretariat Training and Management (ISTM):
Director– S D Sharma
Established in 1948
Location– New Delhi, Delhi
Israeli President Unveiled Hebrew Translation of “Indians at Herod’s Gate” by Navtej Sarna
Israeli President Isaac Herzog unveiled the Hebrew Translation of the book, “Indians at Herod’s Gate: A Jerusalem Tale” written by the former Ambassador of India, Navtej Sarna on the celebration of the 75th anniversary of India’s Independence.
- The book was originally written in English and was published in 2014 by Rupa Publication India Private Limited.
- “Indians at Herod’s Gate” The leaders from Israel have joined the event of Indian Independence Day hosted by the Embassy in Tel Aviv in order to celebrate the bond between India and Israel.
Indian Army Chief General Manoj Pande released the book “Men of Steel- Military Leadership for India”
On 16th August 2022, Indian Army Chief General Manoj Pande released the book “Men of Steel- Military Leadership for India”, a collection of essays, authored by Major General Yash Mor (retd.) and Lieutenant General Ajay Kumar Singh (retd.), published by KW Publishers Pvt Ltd. “Men of Steel” was produced by think-tank Centre of Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS).
- This book proves the leadership in the armed forces and other categorical recommendations to experience the appearance of the military.
- In total, “Men of Steel” has 15 chapters, which were contributed by retired officers and non-military authors.
“Madam Sir: The Story of Bihar’s First Lady IPS Officer” – Autobiography of Manjari Jaruhar
Manjari Jaruhar, a Retired Indian Police Service (IPS) officer and an Advisor of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has penned her autobiography titled “Madam Sir: The Story of Bihar’s First Lady IPS Officer”. The book detailing the life and times of Bihar’s first lady IPS officer is expected to be Published in October. The book is published by Ebury Press Imprint of Penguin Random House India (PRHI).
- “Madam Sir” is an inspirational autobiography of Manjari Jaruhar, a poor girl who achieved the rank of the IPS by overcoming various problems. She is one of the first 5 women police officers in India and the first woman to join India’s elite police (IPS) from Bihar.
- The book was expected to be a ‘masterclass in courage, resilience and leadership’.
World Humanitarian Day 2022- August 19
The United Nations (UN)’s World Humanitarian Day (WHD) is observed annually on August 19 to commemorate the humanitarian workers who have committed their lives to help others in the most extreme circumstances around the world.
- The day is celebrated to recognise people who sacrificed their lives despite the tough challenges and also continue to provide protection and save the lives of people in need.
- It aims to spread awareness about the need for humanitarian assistance worldwide
World Humanitarian Day is a campaign by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UN OCHA).
>> Read Full News
World Photography Day 2022- August 19World Photography Day is annually celebrated across the globe on 19th August to celebrate the art of Photography. The day commemorates the tremendous growth attained by the photography industry.
- Photography is a means through which stories, ideas, places, experiences, and moments are captured and preserved as a memory.
- World Photography Day is marked to motivate the young generation to choose Photography as their career option.
i.The theme for World Photography Day 2022 is“Pandemic Lockdown Through The Lens”.
ii.World Photography Week is observed from 19th to 26th August 2022 across the world. On each day of World Photography Week, the individuals have to share a photo on the social media using #WorldPhotographyWeek.
i.The first photographic process named Daguerreotype was formally declared to the world by the French Academy of Sciences on 9th January 1839.
- On 19th August 1839 the Government of France acquired the patent for the invention Daguerreotype and gave it as a gift, “free to the world.”
- Hence every year, this day happens to be celebrated as World Photography Day.
ii.The first official world photography day was observed on 19th August 2010 when the first online gallery was hosted with around 270 photographers who shared their photographs.
Evolution of photography:
i.In 1837 a Photographic process named “Daguerreotype” was developed by Frenchman Louis Daguerre and Joseph Nicephore Niepce.
- In this process, a highly detailed image was created on a sheet of silver-plated copper.
- This was the first method for obtaining a permanent image with a camera.
ii.The first durable colour photograph was taken in 1861 and The first digital photograph was taken in 1957. The photo was a digital scan of a shot initially taken on film.
- The first actual digital still camera was developed by Eastman Kodak engineer Steven Sasson in 1975.
CPRI signed MoU with Chhattisgarh Government to construct Regional Testing Laboratory
Central Power Research Institute (CPRI), Bengaluru, Karnataka, has signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Chhattisgarh Government to set up central India’s largest regional testing laboratory and testing centre at Atal Nagar-Nava Raipur (Naya Raipur), Chhattisgarh.
- The National level testing unit will be settled on an area of 10 acres which does have test facilities for transformers, transformer oil, switch fuse unit, and other electrical equipment.
- MoU was signed between Chhattisgarh Energy Department Secretary Ankit Anand and CPRIs Additional Director BA Sawale in the presence of Chief Minister (CM) of Chhattisgarh Bhupesh Baghel.
- List of Current Governors in India – AUGUST 2022
- List of Current Chief Ministers in India – AUGUST 2022
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 20 August 2022|
|1||Goa becomes 1st ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Certified State & D&NH and D&D becomes 1st ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Certified UT in India|
|2||Jharkhand Becomes First State in India to Use Blockchain Technology for Seed Distribution|
|3||Steel Ministry extends PLI scheme for Specialty Steel to September 15, 2022|
|4||Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh Hands Over Indigenously Developed Equipment & Systems to Indian Army|
|5||India Hands Over Dornier Maritime Surveillance Aircraft to Sri Lanka Navy|
|6||BSF & IRCTC Signed MoU to ensure safety of booking data under Air E-Ticket Service|
|7||9th Meeting of India-Thailand Joint Commission held in Bangkok, Thailand; MoUs Signed|
|8||SEBI issued Guidelines for Overseas Investment by AIFs, VCFs|
|9||RBI Cancels Licence of Deccan Urban Co-operative Bank|
|10||Indian Coast Guard Signs MoUs with 8 Banks Including IDFC First Bank|
|11||Aegon Life Insurance launches #PlayForOurHeroes campaign to raise fund for AFFDF|
|12||Karnataka Bank launches New Term Deposit Scheme KBL Amrit Samriddhi under ACC|
|13||Union Minister of Coal, Pralhad Joshi distributed Coal Minister’s Awards for 2021-22|
|14||CCI approves acquisition of the stake in Simpolo Vitrified Private Limited by IBEF IV, India SME, MOFPL and others|
|15||Dr Jitendra Singh released a book “Transforming India- Governance for Atmanirbhar Bharat” & “Adhigam”, ISTM Journal on ‘Research on Training and Governance’|
|16||Israeli President Unveiled Hebrew Translation of “Indians at Herod’s Gate” by Navtej Sarna|
|17||Indian Army Chief General Manoj Pande released the book “Men of Steel- Military Leadership for India”|
|18||“Madam Sir: The Story of Bihar’s First Lady IPS Officer” – Autobiography of Manjari Jaruhar|
|19||World Humanitarian Day 2022- August 19|
|20||World Photography Day 2022- August 19|
|21||CPRI signed MoU with Chhattisgarh Government to construct Regional Testing Laboratory|