We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 19 August 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs August 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Click here for Current Affairs 18 August 2022
Union Cabinet Approval On August 17, 2022
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has approved the following proposals:
i. Widening Access of the Traditional Knowledge Digital Library (TKDL) Database to Users, Besides Patent Offices
ii.Contract Between India and France to Support ITF Activities On the Indian Transport Sector
iii. Enhancement in The Corpus of Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme for Increasing the Limit of Admissible Guarantees
iv.Interest Subvention of 1.5% Per Annum On Short Term Agriculture Loan Upto Rs.3 Lakh
The TKDL database would be accessible via a paid subscription model, with national and international users being granted access in stages.
- It places a strong emphasis on fusing traditional knowledge (TK) with modern practices in order to boost innovation and trade.
The World Health Organization (WHO) unveiled its first off-shore Global Centre for Traditional Medicines (GCTM) in India (Jamnagar, Gujarat) in April 2022, demonstrating the profound value of traditional knowledge in meeting the world’s current and future needs.
About Ministry of Finance:
Union Minister– Nirmala Sitharaman (RajyaSabha – Karnataka)
Ministers of State (MoS) – Pankaj Chaudhary; Dr. Bhagwat Kishanrao Karad
>> Read Full News
Overview of National Action for Mechanised Sanitation Ecosystem Scheme
National Action for Mechanised Sanitation Ecosystem (NAMASTE) is a Central Sector Scheme (CSS) of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJE), developed in collaboration with the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- NAMASTE envisions sanitation workers’ safety and dignity in urban India by developing an enabling ecosystem that honours sanitation workforce as major contributors to sanitation infrastructure operation and maintenance.
i. This phase of NAMASTE will focus on 500 cities that will converge with Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) cities.
ii.NAMASTE intends to identify Sewer/Septic Tank Workers (SSWs), with an emphasis on the informal workforce, which performs hazardous cleaning activities.
iii. By utilizing the database, MoSJE, National Safai Karamchari Financial Development Corporation (NSKFDC), and MoHUA would be able to connect with SSWs and their families and offer them the assistance they require for collectivization, skill development, and connecting with social financial benefits.
About Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA):
Union Minister – Hardeep Singh Puri (Rajya Sabha– Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS) – Kaushal Kishore
>> Read Full News
NMCG organized ‘Yamuna Par Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav‘ in New Delhi; Initiatives Launched
i.On August 16, 2022, the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), along with the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation and the Ministry of Jal Shakti (MoJS), organised an event ‘Yamuna Par Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ at the water sports club in New Delhi (Delhi).
ii.The event was presided by Union Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Ministry of Jal Shakti (MoJS). He also received the guard of honour by Border Security Force (BSF) personnel, during the event.
iii.The Union Minister virtually launched the Jalaj initiative at 26 sites along rivers Ganga, Yamuna, Gomati, Hooghly and Chambal in six states including Uttar Pradesh-UP (11 sites), West Bengal-WB (6), Bihar (5), Uttarakhand (2), Jharkhand (1) and Madhya Pradesh-MP (1 along river Chambal).
iv.To promote livelihood opportunities along the Ganga basin, and to promote Arth Ganga initiative, a tourism-related portal called ImAvatar was also launched.
v.A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the NMCG and the Sahakar Bharati to achieve the vision of sustainable and viable economic development through public participation, creation and strengthening of local cooperatives by directing their cooperation towards realizing the mandate of Arth Ganga.
About National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG):
It is a central nodal agency for Ganga rejuvenation in India.
Director-General– G Asok Kumar
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
>> Read Full News
India & Malaysia Concludes Four-day Bilateral Air Exercise – ‘Udarashakti‘
India & Malaysia concluded the four-day military exercise ‘Udarashakti’, which was between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the host country Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF).
- The exercise began on 16th august 2022 at the RMAF Air Base Kuantan, Malaysia.
- Both the Air forces flew seven aircraft in formation during the ceremony.
‘Udarashakti’ – Highlights:
i.The Su-30 MKI and C-17 aircrafts from the IAF and Su-30 MKM aircraft from the Malaysian force participated in the air exercise.
ii.Exercise Udarashakti would boost both the Air Forces by establishing alliance and increasing defence cooperation through regional security.
iii.History – India and the Federation of Malaya, which would later become Malaysia, established diplomatic relations in 1957, from when both the countries have also improved their defence ties.
Note – The IAF contingent will next travel to Darwin, Australia, for Exercise Pitch Black 22, which will be conducted at the Royal Australian Air Force of Australia (RAAF).
Scotland Becomes First Country to Make Period Products Free for All
The Scottish government became the 1st country in the world to legally protect the right to access free period products by passing a law, the Period Products (Free Provision) (Scotland) Act 2021 that came into force on 15th August 2022.
- The Scottish government had already been investing funds since 2017 to provide free period products in educational institutions.
About the law:
i.Background – The bill on free period products which was passed unanimously in 2020, was introduced by Scottish Parliament lawmaker Monica Lennon, who had campaigned against ‘period poverty’.
ii.Under the new law, schools, colleges and universities including local government bodies must make a range of period products available for free in their bathrooms.
- Period products, including tampons and sanitary pads will be available in places like pharmacies and community centres.
iii.A mobile phone application is developed to help the needy in finding the nearest place such as the local library or community centre for picking up period products.
Note – New Zealand and Kenya distributes period products for free in public schools.
First Minister of Scotland – Nicola Ferguson Sturgeon
Capital – Edinburgh
Currency – Pound Sterling
BANKING & FINANCE
NABARD Signs MOU With J&K Grameen Bank to Finance 700 JLGs in J&K & Ladakh
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) regional office and J&K Grameen Bank signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on promotion and financing of 700 Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) in the conference hall of NABARD, J&K Regional Office.
i.The MoU was signed between Sandeep Sharma, General Manager, NABARD and Sanjay Gupta, Chairman, J&K Grameen Bank.
ii.The ceremony was presided over by Dr Ajay Kumar Sood, Chief General Manager of NABARD.
i.Objective – To enhance the flow of credit to tenant farmers, oral lessees, sharecroppers and such others and to meet the credit requirements of the lower strata of the society by formation and credit linkage of JLGs.
ii.Under this MoU, J&K Grameen Bank will form and finance 700 JLGs in Union Territories (UTs) of J&K and Ladakh.
- NABARD will provide promotional grant support of Rs. 4000 per JLG to J&K Grameen Bank.
Mirae Asset Mutual Fund launches 2 funds on Electric, Autonomous Vehicles and AI themes
Mirae Asset Mutual Fund has launched two new funds viz. Mirae Asset Global Electric & Autonomous Vehicles ETFs Fund of Fund (FoF) and Mirae Asset Global X Artificial Intelligence and Technology ETF Fund of Fund (FoF).
- ETF is an acronym for Exchange Traded Funds.
- These are the first such funds based on companies involved in future technology to be launched in India in the mutual fund industry.
About Mirae Asset Global Electric & Autonomous Vehicles ETFs FoF:
It is an open-ended FoF. It will invest in overseas equity ETFs which are based on companies involved in development of electric and autonomous vehicles and related technology, components and materials. The scheme intends to invest in one or more of the below mentioned ETFs:
- Global X Lithium & Battery Tech ETF
- Global X Autonomous & Electric Vehicles ETF
- Global X China Electric Vehicle and Battery ETF
- Global X Autonomous & Electric Vehicles UCITS ETF
- Global X Lithium & Battery Tech UCITS ETF
UCITS stands for Undertakings for the Collective Investment in Transferable Securities.
Benchmark Index– Solactive Autonomous & Electric Vehicles Indxx (TRI) (Rs)
Click Here for Official Release
About Mirae Asset Global X Artificial Intelligence & Technology ETF FoF:
It is also an open-ended FoF. It is an Artificial Intelligence (AI) themed scheme which will invest in units of Global X AI & Technology ETF.
- Global X is a leading ETF provider headquartered in New York, United States (US). Global X ETFs is a member of Mirae Asset Financial Group.
- The top 3 geographical exposure are United States (US), China and South Korea
Benchmark Index– Indxx Artificial Intelligence & Big Data Indxx (TRI) (Rs)
Click Here for Official Release
i.Both new fund offers opened for subscription on August 16 and will close on 30 August. The funds will be managed by Siddharth Srivastava, head – ETF products, Mirae Asset Investment Managers (India) Pvt Ltd.
ii.The minimum initial investment in the funds will be Rs 5,000 and in the multiples of Re 1, thereafter.
iii.These will be available to investors in both, regular plan and direct plan. Post NFO (New Fund Offer), the minimum additional purchase amount will be Rs 1,000 and in the multiples of Re 1, thereafter.
iv.Swarup Mohanty is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Mirae Asset Investment Managers (India) Pvt Ltd (Mirae AMC).
Edelweiss MF Launches India’s First Gold and Silver Fund Scheme
Edelweiss Mutual Fund (MF), an Asset Management Company (AMC) launches Edelweiss Gold and Silver Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF) Fund of Fund, India’s first fund offer scheme that offers exposure to gold and silver through a single fund on 24th August 2022.
- Edelweiss Gold and Silver ETF Fund of Fund is an open-ended Fund of Fund scheme investing in units of Gold ETF and Silver ETF
i.This new fund offer for Edelweiss Gold and Silver ETF Fund of Fund (FoF) will be open from 24th August 2022 to 7th September 2022.
ii.The fund managers for the scheme are Bhavesh Jain and Bharat Lahoti.
iii.The investment objective of the scheme is to generate returns by investing in units of Gold ETFs and Silver ETFs
iv.Minimum Initial Investment: Rs 5000/- per application & in multiples of Rs 1/- thereafter.
i.Background – In September 2022, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) allowed MF houses to introduce silver ETFs in the Indian market.
ii.Edelweiss’ new scheme will focus on equal exposure to Gold and silver and the company will invest in units of gold and silver ETFs.
- Recently, there is rising demand for silver in new-age technologies such as smartphones, electric vehicles and solar panels.
About Edelweiss Mutual Fund (MF):
Managing Director (MD) and CEO – Radhika Gupta
Establishment – 2009
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
ReNew Power Raises USD 1 Billion Through ECB for Battery-Enabled Project
Gurgaon-based ReNew Power has raised a USD 1 billion project loan through External Commercial Borrowings (ECB) in partnership with 12 international banks for the finance.
- This is the single largest renewable energy project with 1,300 MW capacity with round-the-clock (RTC) power supply, battery enabled hybrid capacity.
About the Project:
i.ReNew Power will use the funding of 1 billion for its upcoming hybrid battery-enabled RTC project.
ii.It has signed a power purchase agreement (PPA) with the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) which will set up wind and solar projects in Karnataka, Rajasthan, and Maharashtra under RTC.
- The project will provide power to SECI at Rs 2.90 per unit with 3 percent escalation annually for 15 years.
iii.The RTC project will supply power day and night and compete against the baseload of fossil-fuel energy providers, such as coal.
Note – In April 2022, Mitsui & Company Limited picked up 49 percent stake in the RTC project.
About ReNew Power:
Founder, Chairman and CEO – Sumant Sinha
Establishment – 2011
Paytm & Samsung unite to deploy smart PoS devices across India
On 16th August, 2022, Paytm, a digital finance company, partnered with Samsung stores across India to enable smart payments and its loan service Paytm Postpaid through distribution of Point of Sale (PoS) smart devices.
This partnership enables the consumer to purchase Samsung’s authorised products by using Paytm transaction, which includes Unified Payment Interface (UPI), wallet, debit cards and credit cards, and the buy now pay later scheme.
- Paytm services through its scheme will give a credit limit of up to Rs 60,000 per month, it also gave an option to lend a personal loan up to Rs 2 lakh.
- Paytm argues to be the leader in offline payments, since it has the deployment of 4.1 million devices across the country by July 2022.
IOB issued a special variant of debit card “IOB Rupay Select Card” by celebrating Independence Day
Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), a major Indian nationalised bank, has launched a special variant of the debit card “IOB Rupay Select Card”, that can be used for domestic and International payments. The card was released on the occasion of Independence Day at the Central Office Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The Special variant card has been designed for high net-worth individual (HNI) customers. The initial providence of the card was received by 6 VIP customers of the Bank.
- Partha Pratim Sengupta, Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of IOB, Executive Directors Ajay Kumar and S. Srimathy, Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) R. Balasubramanian, and all other employees were present at the event.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Ratan Tata unveils the startup ‘Goodfellows’ for Senior Citizen
Tata Group Chairman Emeritus Ratan Tata has unveiled the new start-up ‘Goodfellows’ designed to provide companionship services to senior citizens with young graduates.
- Goodfellows was founded by Shanthanu Naidu, the General Manager at the Office of RNT (Ratan Naval Tata).
- Shanthanu had brought this for-profit startup to providing intergenerational friendships and to address the lack of company that affects the mental and physical health of the elderly.
- ‘Goodfellows’ has taken 6 months of time to complete a successful trial and soon will be available in Mumbai with Pune, Chennai and Bangalore as next target.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Mastercard appointed Lakshya Sen, Kidambi Srikanth, Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty as Brand Ambassadors
Mastercard Inc. is an American multinational financial services corporation, has appointed Indian badminton players Lakshya Sen, Kidambi Srikanth, Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty as brand ambassadors of Mastercard in India.
- The new ambassadors will partner with Mastercard to spread awareness about the safety, security, and convenience of digital payments in India.
About the Ambassadors:
i.Lakshya Sen and Kidambi Srikanth, has won the First & Second Men’s Singles in the Thomas Cup 2022 while Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty won the First Doubles game.
ii.Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty won the gold medal in the 2022 Commonwealth Games while Lakshya Sen won the gold medal in Men’s singles and Kidambi Srikanth won the bronze medal in the men’s singles.
i.The partnership is in line with the efforts of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Prime Minister Modi’s vision of Digital India.
ii.The badminton players will be a part of Mastercard’s Team Cashless India campaign, which works with merchants and cardholders to create awareness of the safety, security, and convenience of digital payments
iii.Mastercard undertook several initiatives including workshops on digital payments for MSMEs, educational street plays, knowledge sessions for farmers in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, and Team Cashless India to increase merchant digitisation.
In 2022, Mastercard signed up with Indian professional golfer Shiv Kapur to enhance its leading panel of golfers, which also includes Anirban Lahiri as a brand ambassador.
CEO- Michael Miebach
Headquarters-New York, United States
Airtel re-appoints Gopal Vittal as MD & CEO for 5 years with the support of Shareholders
Bharti Airtel’s (Airtel) shareholders have reappointed Gopal Vittal as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Bharti Airtel for the span of five years with the effect from February 1, 2023 to January 31, 2028.
- Gopal has been polled over 97 per cent of total votes in favour of the resolution has been passed with the requisite majority in the notice of the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Gopal Vittal was also approved for the special resolution related to the payment of his remuneration as MD and CEO of the company with 89.57 per cent votes in favour and 10.42 per cent votes in against.
Note: Gopal Vittal was first appointed as CEO of Airtel on March 1, 2013, then he was re-appointed with effect from February 2018 for 5 years, (up to January 31, 2023).
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
BRDN Investment Management have divested 5.58% stake in HDFC AMC for Rs 2,300 cr
On 16th August 2022, BRDN Investment Management, formerly Standard Life Investments, divested its 5.58% stake in HDFC Asset Management Company(AMC) for over Rs 2,300 crore.
- According to Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) transaction data, BRDN has sold approximately Rs 1.19 crore shares in HDFC AMC through open market transactions.
- The relieved shares of each were sold at Rs 1,935.63 and the transaction size aggregated to Rs 2,303.4 crore.
Note: In September 2021, BRDN divested a 5 % stake in HDFC AMC through an open market transaction.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India’s 1st Portal on Arrested Narco Offenders ‘NIDAAN’ Gets Operational
The first-of-its-kind database named- National Integrated Database on Arrested Narco offenders (NIDAAN) was made operational for the use by various central and State prosecution agencies tasked to enforce anti-drugs laws in India.
- It is part of the Narcotics Coordination Mechanism (NCORD) portal, launched by Union Home Minister Amit Shah on 30th July 2022 in Chandigarh during the national conference on ‘Drug trafficking and national security’.
- The portal was developed by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).
About National Integrated Database on Arrested Narco-offenders (NIDAAN):
i.It provides a one-stop solution for all narcotics offenders-related data and will help investigative agencies as an effective tool while probing narcotics cases.
- It hosts data about those accused who have been arrested and jailed for drugs offences and those who are directly or indirectly involved in the produce, manufacture, possession, selling, purchase, transport, warehousing, usage, consumption, inter-state import and export, import into India, export from India or transhipment of any narcotics or psychotropic substance.
ii.The NIDAAN platform sources its data from the Inter-operable Criminal Justice System (ICJS) and the e-Prisons (a cloud-based application) repository.
- Also, it is planned to integrate it in the future with the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System (CCTNS).
iii.A distinct feature called ‘criminal network‘ helps the agencies to identify specific links of an accused to other crimes, linked police FIRs and to track the record of those who visited them in jail.
i.It helps the agencies to search the crime history, personal details, fingerprints, court cases and appeals made etc. with regard to a drug offender from any part of the country.
ii.The login ID & password for the portal for use by various central and State anti-drugs units can be obtained from the CCTNS administrator.
- For those agencies who already have login credentials at the ICJS portal can use the same to operate NIDAAN.
Inter-operable Criminal Justice System (ICJS):
- It is an initiative of the Supreme Court e-committee.
- It was created to enable seamless transfer of data and information among different pillars of the criminal justice system, like courts, police, jails and forensic science laboratories.
Scientists of Israel create world’s first synthetic embryo without sperm
A team of scientists of Israel developed the world’s first synthetic embryo outside the womb using stem cells cultured in a petri dish.
- The cells of the synthetic embryo were cultured without the use of fertilized eggs, bypassing the need for sperm.
- The study was published in the journal Cell.
- The team was headed by Prof. Jacob Hanna of the Molecular Genetics Department, Weizmann Institute in Israel.
i.Researchers use stem cells from mice to form embryo-like structures with an intestinal tract, beginnings of a brain, and a beating heart
ii.It marks the potential of pluripotent cells to self-organize and functionally reconstitute and model the entire mammalian embryo.
iii.The mouse stem cells were grown into an artificial womb for eight days, where they developed a beating heart, blood stem cell circulation, and a brain with well-shaped folds, a neural tube, and an intestinal tract.
i.The researchers separated the stem cells into three groups-one contained cells intended to develop into embryonic organs themselves and the other two groups were pretreated for only 48 hours to overexpress one of two types of genes: master regulators of either the placenta or the yolk sac.
ii.When compared to natural mouse embryos, the synthetic models displayed a 95% similarity in both the shape of internal structures and the gene expression patterns of different cell types.
Malayalam Novelist Narayan, Author of Kocharethi, passed away
Renowned Malayalam novelist Narayan passed away at the age of 82 years due to COVID-19-related complications.
- He was best known for his award-winning debut novel Kocharethi (1998), which depicted an insider’s poignant account of the strengths, vulnerabilities and cultural ambiguities of the Malayarayar tribe.
i.Narayan was born on 26 September 1940 in Kudayathoor in Idukki, Kerala.
ii.He belonged to the Malayarayar tribe and is considered Kerala’s first tribal novelist.
- Most of Narayan’s novels deal with the lives of the tribal communities of Kerala.
iii.His novel ‘Kocharethi’ was translated into English as ‘Kocharethi: The Araya Woman’ by Catherine Thankamma was published by the Oxford University Press in 2011 and won the Economist Crossword Book Award in the Indian language translation category for 2011.
He has published 5 novels and 2 collections of short stories which include, Kocharethi – (1998), Ooralikkudi – (1999), Vandanam – (2003), Thiraskrutharude Nalea – (2010) and Manasum Dhehavum Kondu Njan Ninnea – (2010)
- Thoppil Ravi Foundation Award – (1999)
- Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award – (1999)
- Abudabi Shakthi Award – (1999)
- Swami Ananda Theertha Award – (2011)
- Economist Crossword Book Award – (2011)
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Former Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu’s Memoir “Bibi: My Story” set to be Published
Benjamin Netanyahu, a former Prime Minister (PM) of Israel has penned his memoir titled “Bibi: My Story”, which is set to be published in November 2022(after parliamentary elections in Israel).
The book is set to be published by Threshold Edition (a division of Simon and Schuster that publishes conservative books.)
- Netanyahu shared his life he faced full of tragedy and triumph, failures and success, life lessons and cherished his loved ones in his memoir.
- Previous works of Netanyahu are “A Durable Peace: Israel and it’s Place Among the Nations and “Fighting Terrorism”
World Sanskrit Day 2022- August 12
World Sanskrit Day, also known as Vishva-Samskrita-dinam and Sanskrit Diwas, is annually observed on ‘Sawan Poornima’ to create awareness, promote and revive Sanskrit, one of the ancient Indian languages.
- The day aims to spread awareness about and promote the revival of Sanskrit. It acknowledges the place Sanskrit holds in Indian history and culture.
It is annually celebrated on Poornima day (Full Moon) of the Shraavana month in the Hindu calendar.
- World Sanskrit Day 2022 falls on 12th August 2022.
- World Sanskrit Day 2021 was observed on 22nd August 2021.
i.Sanskrit language is said to have originated in India around 3,500 years ago.
- The first World Sanskrit Day was observed in 1969.
ii.Sanskrit, in literary terms. is divided into two different periods- the Vedic and Classical. Vedic Sanskrit is mainly a part of the Rig Veda, the Upanishads and the Puranas. The Vedas were composed from 1,000 to 500 BCE.
iii.Sir William Jones, an English scholar who visited India in 1783 as a judge of the British Supreme Court in Calcutta, founded the Asiatic Society in 1784.
i.Sanskrit is one of the oldest languages to exist in the World.
ii.Panini, Kalidas, Patanjali, Ved Vyas, Adi Shankaracharya, and Kalidas are prominent personalities who wrote classics in Sanskrit language.
i.Sanskrit is also known as the ‘Language of the Gods’ and the day is celebrated across the country to pay respect to this language.
ii.Sanskrit is already having a special status in India under Article 351 and Sanskrit was declared as a classical language in the year 2005.
- Currently there are 6 languages with ‘Classical’ status in India: Tamil (declared in 2004), Sanskrit (2005), Kannada (2008), Telugu (2008), Malayalam (2013), and Odia (2014).
- All the Classical Languages are listed in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution.
iii.In 2020, the Uttarakhand Government decided to develop ‘Sanskrit Grams’ across the state to teach use of Sanskrit regularly.
iv.A village in the Shimoga district of Karnataka, called Mattur, is believed to have preserved the language.
- List of Current Governors in India – AUGUST 2022
- List of Current Chief Ministers in India – August 2022
List of Less Important News – Click Here
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 19 August 2022|
|1||Union Cabinet Approval On August 17, 2022|
|2||Overview of National Action for Mechanised Sanitation Ecosystem Scheme|
|3||NMCG organized ‘Yamuna Par Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav‘ in New Delhi; Initiatives Launched|
|4||India & Malaysia Concludes Four-day Bilateral Air Exercise – ‘Udarashakti‘|
|5||Scotland Becomes First Country to Make Period Products Free for All|
|6||NABARD Signs MOU With J&K Grameen Bank to Finance 700 JLGs in J&K & Ladakh|
|7||Mirae Asset Mutual Fund launches 2 funds on Electric, Autonomous Vehicles and AI themes|
|8||Edelweiss MF Launches India’s First Gold and Silver Fund Scheme|
|9||ReNew Power Raises USD 1 Billion Through ECB for Battery-Enabled Project|
|10||Paytm & Samsung unite to deploy smart PoS devices across India|
|11||IOB issued a special variant of debit card “IOB Rupay Select Card” by celebrating Independence Day|
|12||Ratan Tata unveils the startup ‘Goodfellows’ for Senior Citizen|
|13||Mastercard appointed Lakshya Sen, Kidambi Srikanth, Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty as Brand Ambassadors|
|14||Airtel re-appoints Gopal Vittal as MD & CEO for 5 years with the support of Shareholders|
|15||BRDN Investment Management have divested 5.58% stake in HDFC AMC for Rs 2,300 cr|
|16||India’s 1st Portal on Arrested Narco Offenders ‘NIDAAN’ Gets Operational|
|17||Scientists of Israel create world’s first synthetic embryo without sperm|
|18||Malayalam Novelist Narayan, Author of Kocharethi, passed away|
|19||Former Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu’s Memoir “Bibi: My Story” set to be Published|
|20||World Sanskrit Day 2022- August 12|