We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 2 July 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs July 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Cabinet Approvals on June 30, 2021The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi accorded approval for several initiatives. They are
- Extension of last date of registration till 31st March, 2022 for Atma Nirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana (ABRY).
- Revised Implementation Strategy Of BharatNet through PPP Model – The estimated maximum viability gap funding is INR 19,041 crores.
- Loan Guarantee Scheme for Covid Affected Sectors (LGSCAS) and to enhance the Target Credit Line for Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS)
- Approval for ‘Revamped Distribution Sector Scheme’ – The scheme will be available till 2025-26 and is worth INR 3.03 Lakh crore (Central Fund – 97,000 crore).
- MoU between India & Myanmar in the field of health research
- MoU between India & Nepal in the field of health research
- MoU between India & Gambia for overhauling Personnel Administration and Governance Reforms.
President – Adama Barrow
Capital – Banjul
Currency – Gambian Dalasi (GMD)
Acting President – Myint Swe
Capital – Naypyidaw
Currency – Kyat
>>Read Full News
India, Russia begin Construction of Units 5 & 6 of Kudankulam Nuclear Plant, Tamil NaduRosatom, a Russian state-run Nuclear Energy Corporation & Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL), a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) have started the construction work on Units 5 & 6 of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) in Tamil Nadu. Kudankulam is India’s largest nuclear power station.
- The starting of works were virtually launched by Atomic Energy Commission chairman and DAE secretary K N Vyas in the presence of Alexey Likhachev, Director General, Rosatom Global and CMD of NPCIL S K Sharma.
- Rosatom & NPCIL have been building 6 power reactors of 1,000 MW each at Kudankulam. Units 1 and 2 have already been commissioned, while work on unit 3 & 4 is in advanced stage and is expected to be completed by 2026-27.
i.The construction of KNPP began on 31st March, 2002. The nuclear plant is a result of the Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) signed on 20th November 1988 between the then Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi and the Soviet head of state, Mikhail Gorbachev.
ii.India and Russia’s agreement on nuclear power envisions building as many as 12 nuclear plants by 2035.
Director General – Alexey Likhachev
Headquarters – Moscow, Russia
About Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL)
CMD – S K Sharma
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Indian Navy inked MoU with BEL Ltd to develop Emerging TechnologiesOn June 29, 2021, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Indian Navy and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) at Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy), New Delhi to create a joint Technology Incubation Forum (TIF).
- The reason behind this MoU is to foster development of Emerging Technologies.
i.The technology developments under TIF will include Weapons & Sensors, Information Technology and Emerging Technologies such as Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Quantum Computing, Autonomous Platforms/ Robotics, Image Processing and Cognitive Radio.
ii.TIF will also lead the mission mode development of deployable products under the Government’s ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ initiative with involvement of Industry, Academia and Start-Ups.
About ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ initiative:
In May 2020, the Central Government announced a Special economic and comprehensive package of Rs 20 lakh crores equivalent to 10% of India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) to fight COVID-19 pandemic in India. It is based on the 5 pillars of Economy, Infrastructure, System, Vibrant Demography and Demand.
- The goal is to make India self-reliant.
Government Retained the Interest Rate of Small Savings Schemes for Q2 of FY22The Ministry of Finance, Government of India (GoI) had retained the Interest Rate of Small Savings Scheme for the 2nd quarter(Q2) for the Financial Year 2021-22 (FY22) same as Q1 FY22 due to COVID-19.
- It is the 5th consecutive quarter that GoI had unchanged the Interest Rates of the small saving schemes (unchanged since April 1, 2020).
- The small savings schemes consist of 12 schemes including the National Saving Certificate (NSC), Public Provident Fund (PPF), Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) and Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme, etc.
- The annual interest rate on NSC was unchanged at 6.8 percent and interest rate of PPF too unchanges at 7.1 percent.
- The interest rate on the 5-year Senior Citizens Savings Scheme Account (SCSS) also retained at 7.4 percent. Click here to know more
Note – Interest rates for small savings schemes will be reset by the government on a quarterly basis.
About Ministry of Finance:
Union Minister – Nirmala Sitharaman
Minister of State – Anurag Singh Thakur
MoD initiates project to create 1st of its kind Cyber Museum on War Heroes
As part of the 75th Anniversary of India’s Independence, the Ministry of Defence has initiated a project to create the 1st of its kind cyber museum which will honour the war heroes of India. It will be an interactive virtual museum of India’s Gallantry award winners and will be hosted by the Gallantry awards portal.
- The project will be implemented in partnership with Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) and Confederation of Indian Industries (CII).
- It will provide a 3D walk-through experience through a Gallery Building, Wall of Fame, an Awardee Gallery with their photos & profiles, a tour of War Memorials and an auditorium.
India ranked 10th in Global Cybersecurity Index 2020, US Tops: ITU ReportRecently, the Global Cybersecurity Index 2020 (GCI 2020) – 4th Edition was released by International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the UN agency for Information & Communication Technologies (ICT). India with a score of 97.5 has been ranked 10th (India was placed at the 47th spot in the last edition of GCI in 2018) in the Index. The US topped the Index, UK & Saudi Arabia shared the 2nd spot while Estonia took the 3rd rank.
- Among the Asia-Pacific nations, South Korea & Singapore topped the index, while India was ranked 4th.
|1||United States (US)||100|
|2||United Kingdom (UK)||99.54|
Global Cybersecurity Index
i.The index measures the commitment of 193 ITU member States & Palestine to cybersecurity at a global level based on 5 pillars – Legal Measures, Technical Measures, Organizational Measures, Capacity Development, and Cooperation.
ii.The performance of the countries and commitment were assessed through a question-based online survey.
About International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
Secretary General – Houlin Zhao
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
>>Read Full News
FAO & CIAT released Report on Insights and Threats to Indigenous Peoples’ Food SystemsThe Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in collaboration with Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) released a report titled
‘Indigenous Peoples’ Food System, Insights of sustainability and resilience from the front line of climate change’.
- Indigenous people are the practitioners of unique cultures and ways of connecting people and the environment. They have a population of 500 million people in more than 90 countries.
What is in the study?
The study identified diverse plant and animal species that are a part of Indigenous Peoples’ food systems. Globally, these people depend on these species and also look after them to generate food sustainably and enhance biodiversity.
i.This food system is the most sustainable in the world in terms of efficiency, no waste, seasonality and reciprocity.
ii.The study also triggered a warning against this sophisticated food system due to increasing threats.
The study has examined 8 Indigenous Peoples’ food systems in depth viz. the Khasi, Bhotia and Anwal peoples in India, Baka people in Cameroon, the Inari Sami people in Finland, the MelanesiansSI people in the Solomon Islands, the Kel Tamasheq people in Mali, the Tikuna, Cocama and Yagua peoples in Colombia, and the Maya Ch’orti’ in Guatemala.
About Indigenous Peoples’ Food System:
Indigenous people generate hundreds of food items with a unique technique of combining different food like hunting, gathering, fishing, pastoralism and shifting cultivation, without depleting natural resources.
i.In the Solomon Islands, the MelanesiansSI people combine agroforestry, wild food gathering and fishing to generate 70% of their dietary needs.
ii.In Finland’s Arctic region, through fishing, hunting and herding, the Inari Sámi people generate 75% of the protein they consume.
Points to be noted:
i.FAO, a specialized agency of the United Nations (UN) that leads international efforts to defeat hunger headquartered at Rome, Italy.
ii.CIAT, an international research and development organization to tackle food insecurity and malnutrition, climate change, and environmental degradation is headquartered at Rome, Italy.
Overview of EAM Jaishankar’s Visit to Greece & ItalyIndia’s External Affairs Minister (EAM) Dr S Jaishankar paid an official visit to two countries Greece from June 25-27, 2021 & Italy from June 28-29, 2021.
i.EAM Jaishankar’s visit to Greece is the 1st visit by an Indian foreign minister to Greece since 2003. He conveyed India’s felicitations towards the 200th anniversary of Greek Independence.
- During the visit, Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias signed and handed over the Agreement on the International Solar Alliance (ISA) to the Indian side.
- They exchanged views on regional and global issues of mutual interest in the context of new geo-political and geo-economic realities, including the Indo-Pacific.
ii.EAM visited Italy to participate in the G20 Foreign Affairs Ministers’ Meeting 2021 followed by a joint session of Foreign Affairs and Development Ministers.
The meetings took place from June 28-29, 2021 at Matera, Basilicata, Italy from June 28-29, 2021 and was hosted by Italy, which hosts the 2021 Presidency of G20.
- India is expected to hold the presidency of the G20 in 2022.
- During the 1st joint meeting of Foreign Affairs and Development Ministers adopted the ‘Matera Declaration’.
President – Katerina Sakellaropoulou
Capital – Athens
Currency – Euro
Members – 20 (19 countries + European Union)
2021 Presidency – Italy
Established – 1999
>>Read Full News
COVID-19 Impact on Tourism; Global Economy can Lose $4 trillion: UNWTO, UNCTAD As per the joint report released by the UN (United Nations) Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and the UN World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) named ‘COVID-19 and Tourism: An Update’, India has experienced a 54 percent drop in tourist arrivals in 2020 due to COVID-19.
- The report has estimated a loss of $4 trillion in terms of global GDP (Gross Domestic Product) for 2020 and 2021 due to the fall down of international tourism due to COVID-19.
- In 2020, a loss of $2.4 trillion is estimated for ‘International tourism and linked sectors’ due to the sharp drop in international tourist arrivals.
- The economic loss in developing countries due to inactive tourism (mainly due to the asymmetric roll-out of vaccines) could account for 60 percent of the global GDP losses.
- Due to linkages with sectors such as agriculture, a drop in tourist sales leads to a 2.5-fold loss in real GDP, as per the report, world tourism is not expected to return to pre-COVID levels until 2023 or later.
About UN World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO):
Establishment – 1975
Headquarters – Madrid, Spain
Secretary-General – Zurab Pololikashvili
Member States – 159
>>Read Full News
World’s 1st report on Artificial Intelligence in healthcare released by WHOIn June 2021, the World Health Organisation (WHO) released the World’s 1st report on the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the healthcare sector called, “Ethics and governance of artificial intelligence for health”. WHO with inputs from various international experts prepared the report that can be used by countries to minimize the risk & maximize the benefits of AI.
Challenges in AI – Unethical collection & use of Health data; Biasing AI Algorithm; Unregulated use of AI to patient safety; Data Privacy and Security; Uninformed collection of Patients data.
WHO proposed 6 principles to maximize the utility of AI on Public Interest
- Protecting human autonomy – Human to take medical decisions & protect patient’s medical data
- Promoting human well-being and safety and the public interest
- Ensuring transparency, explainability and intelligibility
- Fostering responsibility and accountability
- Ensuring inclusiveness and equity
- Promoting AI that is responsive and sustainable
About World Health Organisation (WHO):
Director-General – Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Founded – 7 April 1948
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
BANKING & FINANCE
World Bank Approved USD 500 Million Loan to Support India’s Informal Working ClassOn June 30, 2021, the World Bank (WB) Board of Executive Directors approved a USD 500 million (~ Rs 3,726.30 crore) loan programme to support India’s informal working class to overcome the COVID-19 distress and to support the states to manage the current pandemic, future climate and disaster shock.
- Out of the USD 500 million loan, USD 112.50 million will be financed by the International Development Association (IDA) and the remaining USD 387.50 million will be provided as a loan from International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD).
- Maturity: The loan has a maturity period of 18.5 years with a grace period of 5 years.
- The loan programme was named – ‘Creating a Coordinated and Responsive Indian Social Protection System’ (CCRISP), it was built on the USD 1.15 billion ‘Accelerating India’s COVID-19 Social Protection Response Program’ which was approved to support schemes under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY).
About World Bank:
President – David R. Malpass (13th President)
Headquarters – Washington DC, USA
World Bank Country Director in India – Junaid Ahmad
>>Read Full News
Forex Reserves in FY21 Increased by $99.2 Billion; Current Account Surplus at 0.9% of GDP in FY21 – RBI dataOn June 30, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the ‘Sources of Variation in Foreign Exchange(Forex) Reserves in India during 2020-21’ and reported an increase in the forex reserves in nominal terms, including the valuation effects, by USD 99.2 billion in FY21, compared to USD 64.9 billion of FY20.
Variation in Forex Reserves:
|Item||FY21 (US$ Billion)||FY20 (US$ Billion)|
|Forex reserves on a balance of payments basis (i.e., excluding valuation effects)||87.3||59.5|
|Forex reserves in nominal terms (including the valuation effects)||99.2||64.9|
|current account balance||23.9||-24.7|
RBI Released India’s BoP Data
i.RBI released the preliminary data on India’s balance of payments (BoP) for the fourth quarter (Q4) of FY21 (January-March, 2021) and reported a Current account surplus of 0.9 percent of GDP in FY21, as against a deficit of 0.9 percent in FY20 due to the sharp contraction in the trade deficit to $102.2 billion in FY21 from $157.5 billion in FY20.
ii.The current account deficit (CAD) in Q4 FY21 was increased to US$ 8.1 billion (1 percent of GDP) when compared with a surplus of US$ 0.6 billion (0.1 per cent of GDP) in Q4 FY20 and a deficit of US$ 2.2 billion (0.3 percent of GDP) in Q3 FY21.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Established – 1st April 1935
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors – Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao, T. Rabi Sankar
>>Read Full News
ICICI Bank Launched Banking Solution for Doctors – ‘Salute Doctors’On the eve of National Doctor’s Day, on July 01, 2021, ICICI Bank launched ‘Salute Doctors’, a digital and instant banking solution that is designed exclusively for medical doctors.
- The solution is powered by ICICI STACK, a digital banking platform with nearly 500 services
- It offers customized banking and value-added services to every doctor such as medical students, senior medical consultants, and even the owner of a hospital or a clinic.
Key offers of the solutions:
i.The bank offers Salute Doctors Savings Account in three variants viz, Wealth, Platinum and Gold with banking benefits, wealth management and benefits for the family.
ii.It offers flexibility to maintain balance across Current Account, Savings Account or Fixed Deposits. It provides a Personalised Debit Card and Insurance cover up to Rs 75 lakh.
iii.The doctors could avail home loans of up to Rs 5 crore for home loan and construction or expansion of clinic or hospital and medical equipment loan of up to Rs 10 crore.
iv.The Bank offers digital personal loans up to ₹25 lakh with simple online documentation and quick processing.
v.The Bank offers industry-first medical education loans up to ₹1 crore called ‘Doctor Select iSMART Education Loan’.
vi.The Bank offers auto loans up to ₹50 lakh for doctors. The Bank has curated a special repayment scheme called ‘Flexi EMI’, which provides customers with the flexibility of selecting low EMI for the first six months; thereafter the EMI is higher.
Note – ICICI STACK was launched by ICICI in 2020 to offer all banking services digitally from one platform.
About ICICI Bank:
Establishment – 1955(Incorporated in 1994)
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD& CEO – Sandeep Bakhshi
Tagline – Hum hai na, Khayal Apka
NPST receives TPAP Registration from NPCINetwork People Services Technology (NPST), an Thane-based banking technology provider has received a Third-Party Application Provider (TPAP) registration from the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) for its TimePay solution.
What is TPAP?
TPAP is the entity that provides the UPI compliant app to the end-user customers to facilitate UPI (Unified Payments Interface) based payment transactions.
- TPAP is a service provider to the PSP (Payment Service Provider) and participates in UPI through PSP.
- Some of the Third-Party providers are Google Pay, Amazon Pay or PhonePe.
Benefits of TPAP registration to NPST
i.The TPAP registration will enable the company to offer digital services to its partner bank’s current account customers and also acquire merchants directly.
ii.The registration as a TPAP will enable the company to incorporate a unique QR code for every bill so that customers can pay by scanning.
iii.The registration will help NPST to acquire merchants and cooperative housing societies in smaller cities by providing them with an application stack which includes invoicing, payment collections and accounting solutions.
iv.At present, the company provides services for rural banks in Karnataka, Kerala and provides digital tech support for Canara Bank and Cosmos Cooperative Bank.
About Network People Services Technology (NPST)
Co-founder & CMD – Deepak Thakur
Head Office – Thane, Maharashtra
Established – 2013
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
3 Delhi Students Won Diana Award 2021 for Their Contribution During COVID-19
Three Delhi students – Kaif Ali, student of Jamia Millia Islamia; Sana Mittar, from the University of Warwick; and Devanshi Ranjan, from Lady Shri Ram College has won the
2021 Diana Award Roll of Honour for their contribution to society during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Diana Award is established in memory of Diana, Princess of Wales and is given out by the charity named – Diana Award, it is supported by her sons, William, the Duke of Cambridge, and Harry, the Duke of Sussex.
Click here to know the recipients of 2021 Diana Awards
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
CCI Approved Acquisition of SB Energy by Adani Green; Merger of Tech Data, SYNNEXThe Competition Commission of India (CCI) under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002 has approved the acquisition of SB Energy Holding Limited by Adani Green Energy Limited for about $3.5 billion, the largest acquisition in the renewable energy sector in India.
- Background: In May 2021, Adani Green Energy made a share purchase agreement with SoftBank Group and Bharti Group for the acquisition of a 100 percent stake in SB Energy India.
- SB Energy is a joint venture between Japan-based SoftBank Group Corp (80 percent) and Bharti Group (20 percent) and houses 4,954 MW of renewable assets across 4 states in India.
- Through this acquisition, AGEL will achieve a total renewable capacity of 24.3 GW and an operating renewable capacity of 4.9 GW.
CCI approved the merger of Tech Data with SYNNEX:
- CCI has also approved the merger of Tech Data Corporation, a subsidiary of Tiger Parent, with SYNNEX Corporation.
- Through which SYNNEX will issue ~45 percent shares of its common stock to Tiger Holdings.
- SYNNEX was into providing technology products and solutions for Information Technology (IT) systems to resellers and retail customers.
About SB Energy Holdings Limited:
Establishment – 2011
Headquarters – Tokyo, Japan
Representative Director & CEO – Shigeki Miwa
About Adani Green Energy Limited (AGEL):
Headquarters – Ahmedabad, Gujarat
MD & CEO – Vneet S. Jaain
Amazon Web Services acquired Encrypted Messaging app Wickr
Amazon is all set to have its own messaging application as its cloud computing division, Amazon Web Services (AWS), has acquired encrypted messaging platform Wickr for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition is on the lines of the company’s strategy for government contract work. Notably, Wickr is a popular app with government agencies in the United States (US).
- Wicker, a secure messaging app offers end-to-end encrypted and content-expiring messages, including photos, videos, and file attachments.
Launched in 2012, it is designed for government agencies, military, enterprise and individuals. It has different apps for specific needs like Wickr Pro, Wickr RAM, and Wickr Enterprise, Wickr Me. WickrRAM was specifically designed for the military.
- It claimed to be the only collaboration platform that adheres to all security guidelines by National Security Agency (NSA), US.
ADIA Picked up Minority stake in Mobikwik for $20 million
The Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA), the United Arab Emirates’s (UAE) sovereign wealth fund, has picked up a minority stake in Mobikwik, the IPO (Initial Public Offering)-bound digital payments firm, for around $20 million (~ Rs 150 crore).
- As per the Registrar of Companies (RoC) filing by Mobikwik after the current funding the values at $700 million (~ Rs 5,193 crore). Currently it is working on a Rs 1,200-crore primary share sale.
- In April, 2021, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) ordered MobiKwik to probe alleged data leak of its 110 million users that was breached. Mobikwik is backed by Sequoia Capital and India’s Bajaj Finance.
Indian American Abhimanyu Mishra Became the Youngest Chess GrandmasterIndian American chess player Abhimanyu Mishra (12 years 4 months, 25 days old) became the youngest ever Chess Grandmaster after he scored his third Grandmaster (GM) norm in Budapest, Hungary. He won the title against 15-year-old Indian chess player Leon Luke Mendonca
- Abhimanyu Mishra broke the record of Grandmaster Sergey Karjakin who held the position for 19 years. He became the youngest grandmaster at the age of 12 years and seven months.
About Abhimanyu Mishra:
i.Abhimanyu Mishra scored both his first and second Grandmaster norms at the April Vezerkepzo tournament and the May 2021 First Saturday tournament.
ii.He scored his 3rd GM norm having crossed the required 2500 Elo rating.
ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 Shifted to UAE – Oman
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has shifted the venue of ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Tournament from India to United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Oman, due to India’s prevailing pandemic situation. The tournament will be hosted by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) at 4 venues from 17 October to 14 November 2021.
i.ICC Men’s T20 World Cup will be participated by 16 teams and the last T20 World Cup event was won by West Indies in 2016 in India.
Padma Shri K V Sampath Kumar, Editor of Sudharma India’s only Sanskrit Daily Passed AwayPadma Shri K V Sampath Kumar (64 years old), who has been serving as the editor of Sudharma, India’s only Sanskrit Daily, for the past 31 years passed away at Mysore, Karnataka. He was born in Kalale village, Nanjangud town, Mysore, Karnataka.
About K V Sampath Kumar:
i.K V Sampath Kumar, along with his wife Vidshi K.S Jayalakshmi was honoured with the Padma Shri for literature and Education in 2020.
ii.Sudharma was started by his father Kalale Nadadur Varadaraja Iyengar, a renowned Sanskrit scholar, on 15th July 1970.
ii.Sampath Kumar took over Sudharma after his father’s death in 1990.
iii.He launched an e-paper and digitalised the newspaper as a part of the efforts to reach Sanskrit scholars and supporters across the globe.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
“Fiercely Female: The Dutee Chand Story” authored by Sundeep MishraJournalist Sundeep Mishra authored a new book, “Fiercely Female: The Dutee Chand Story”. The book insights on the Gender-identity controversy of popular Indian sprinter Dutee Chand. She is India’s first openly homosexual athelete.
i.The book details the controversy, when Dutee Chand was dropped from the 2014 Commonwealth Games on false gender identity claims, which was later turned to her favour by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
About Dutee Chand:
i.She is the 1st Indian Women to win Gold Medal in a 100 meter global racing event, when she won the 2019 World Universiade in Naples, Italy.
ii.She is the 3rd Women & 5th Indian to qualify for the 100 meter racing event in Olympics, when she qualified for 2016 Rio Olympics
About Sundeep Misra:
i.Sundeep Misra is a Journalist and Author, who has previously authored India’s 1st anthology of sports, “The Best of Indian Sports Writing”
ii.He has also authored 2 books on Hockey – “Forgive Me Amma: The Life and Times of Dhanraj Pillay”, and “The Mohammed of Benares and Other Stories”
National Chartered Accountants’ Day 2021 – July 1 The National Chartered Accountants'(CA) Day is annually observed across India on July 1st to commemorate the establishment of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India(ICAI) by the Parliament under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949.
The day highlights the importance of Chartered Accountants in bringing transparency to the economy.
The year 2021 marks the celebration of the 73rd National Chartered Accountants’ Day.
As a part of the celebration of 73rd CA Day, ICAI has organised a virtual event “Remembering the glorious existence and envisioning the Future”.
Administration of ICAI:
i.ICAI, functions under the administrative control of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India.
ii.It is managed by the council in accordance with the provisions of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988.
About Institute of Chartered Accountants of India(ICAI):
President– CA. Nihar N Jambusaria
Headquarters– New Delhi
>>Read Full News
National Doctors Day 2021 – July 1The National Doctors Day is annually observed across India on 1st July to recognise the efforts and contributions of the doctor’s community to society and the commitment of the doctors towards their profession.
- The day also marks the birth and death anniversary of Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, who served as the Chief Minister(CM) of West Bengal(WB) from 1948 to 1962.
- The Indian Medical Association(IMA) celebrates National Doctors Day across India.
The headquarters of IMA has declared “Save the Saviours” as the theme of National Doctors Day 2021.
i.The IMA has organised a special Doctors Day program at the IMA headquarters in New Delhi.
ii.Prime Minister Narendra Modi has addressed the medical fraternity at the event.
About Indian Medical Association(IMA):
National President– Dr. Rajan Sharma
Headquarters– New Delhi
>>Read Full News
Goods and Services Tax (GST) Day 2021 – July 1The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Day is annually observed across India on 1st July. The day marks the commemoration of the unprecedented reform of Indian taxation – Goods and Services Tax (GST).
The day is observed by the Central Board of Indirect Tax and Customs(CBIC) across India.
The year 2021 marks the observance of the 4th GST Day.
i.The Goods and Service Tax (GST) Act was passed in the Parliament (both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha) on 29th March 2017 and came into effect on 1st July 2017.
ii.The First GST Day was observed on July 1, 2018.
About GST in India:
i.The Goods and Services Tax(GST) is an indirect tax which has replaced various indirect taxes in India such as the excise duty, VAT, services tax, among others.
ii.GST is a single domestic indirect tax law for the entire country.
>>Read Full News
J&K launches ‘Hausla’ Scheme to promote Women EntrepreneurshipIn June 2021, Lt Governor (LG) of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) Manoj Sinha launched a Women Entrepreneurship scheme called “HAUSLA – Inspiring her Growth” in the Union Territory (UT). Hausla is a comprehensive program on promoting entrepreneurship among women, which will be implemented by the Jammu and Kashmir Trade Promotion Organization (JKTPO).
Objective – JKTPO in collaboration with various industrial stakeholders will provide training, mentorship to women entrepreneurs with various marketing strategies to promote their business.
i.JKTPO in collaboration with India SME Forum will start the 5-month long “HAUSLA” program in July 2021, with a 1st batch of 100 women entrepreneurs.
ii.LG Manoj Sinha also announced the UT’s target of providing financial aid to 50,000 youths under its ‘Back to Village’ programme in 2021.
iii.The initiative is a 5-month training program for women entrepreneurs of J&K organized by JKTPO and partnered with India’s homegrown e-commerce marketplace Flipkart to give an extra-mile outreach and marketing support for the products of these women Entrepreneurs.
About Jammu & Kashmir:
UT Animal – Hangul
UT Bird – Black-necked Crane
Kathua City in J&K is nicknamed as the “City of Sufis”
Haryana CM launched ‘Jan Sahayak-Aapka Sahayak’ app, ‘DSM AC Scheme’ also Launchedi.On June 30, 2021, the Chief Minister (CM) of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar, launched a mobile app ‘Jan Sahayak-Aapka Sahayak’ from Chandigarh to ensure ‘anywhere-anytime-anybody ‘ delivery of Government to Citizen (G2C) and Business to Citizen (B2C) services under single digital platform.
ii.For giving ownership rights to property holders, CM also launched ‘Mukhyamantri Shehri Nikay Swamitva Yojana’ portal.
iii.Haryana power minister Ranjit Singh Chautala launched first of its kind ‘Demand Side Management-AC Scheme’ for the domestic consumers of urban and rural areas to promote energy conservation.
Governor – Satyadeo Narain Arya
Capital – Chandigarh
>>Read Full News
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 2 July 2021|
|1||Cabinet Approvals on June 30, 2021|
|2||India, Russia begin Construction of Units 5 & 6 of Kudankulam Nuclear Plant, Tamil Nadu|
|3||Indian Navy inked MoU with BEL Ltd to develop Emerging Technologies|
|4||Government Retained the Interest Rate of Small Savings Schemes for Q2 of FY22|
|5||MoD initiates project to create 1st of its kind Cyber Museum on War Heroes|
|6||India ranked 10th in Global Cybersecurity Index 2020, US Tops: ITU Report|
|7||FAO & CIAT released Report on Insights and Threats to Indigenous Peoples’ Food Systems|
|8||Overview of EAM Jaishankar’s Visit to Greece & Italy|
|9||COVID-19 Impact on Tourism; Global Economy can Lose $4 trillion: UNWTO, UNCTAD|
|10||World’s 1st report on Artificial Intelligence in healthcare released by WHO|
|11||World Bank Approved USD 500 Million Loan to Support India’s Informal Working Class|
|12||Forex Reserves in FY21 Increased by $99.2 Billion; Current Account Surplus at 0.9% of GDP in FY21 – RBI data|
|13||ICICI Bank Launched Banking Solution for Doctors – ‘Salute Doctors’|
|14||NPST receives TPAP Registration from NPCI|
|15||3 Delhi Students Won Diana Award 2021 for Their Contribution During COVID-19|
|16||CCI Approved Acquisition of SB Energy by Adani Green; Merger of Tech Data, SYNNEX|
|17||Amazon Web Services acquired Encrypted Messaging app Wickr|
|18||ADIA Picked up Minority stake in Mobikwik for $20 million|
|19||Indian American Abhimanyu Mishra Became the Youngest Chess Grandmaster|
|20||ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 Shifted to UAE – Oman|
|21||Padma Shri K V Sampath Kumar, Editor of Sudharma India’s only Sanskrit Daily Passed Away|
|22||“Fiercely Female: The Dutee Chand Story” authored by Sundeep Mishra|
|23||National Chartered Accountants’ Day 2021 – July 1|
|24||National Doctors Day 2021 – July 1|
|25||Goods and Services Tax (GST) Day 2021 – July 1|
|26||J&K launches ‘Hausla’ Scheme to promote Women Entrepreneurship’|
|27||Haryana CM launched ‘Jan Sahayak-Aapka Sahayak’ app, ‘DSM AC Scheme’ also Launched|