[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
- BHEL commissions GVK’s hydro-power project in Uttarakhand
- Seven Gold Medal for India In International Speed Skating Championships
- Bronze medal for Geeta Phogat in Asian Wrestling Championships
- Lok Sabha passes GST Bill 2014
- Schemes Inaugurated by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- National Space Act for regulating space activities in India
Salman Khan sentenced to five-years in jail in 2002 hit-n-run case
- Bollywood actor Salman Khan was in news as on 6 April 2015 he was sentenced to five years imprisonment by Mumbai Sessions Court.
- He was sentenced for his 28 September 2002 hit and run case in which one pavement dweller was killed and four others were injured.
Business & Finance
LIC acquires NMDC shares worth over Rs 1,116 cr
- State-owned iron ore miner NMDC said on Wednesday Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has acquired almost 8 crore of its shares shares worth over Rs 1,116 crore in a market purchase.
Torrent Pharma acquires 100% stake in Zyg Pharma
- Ahmedabad-headquartered pharmaceutical major Torrent Pharmaceuticals has sealed a deal to acquire a 100% stake in Zyg Pharma Pvt Ltd, part of the Mumbai-based Encore Group, for an undisclosed sum.
- Zyg Pharma makes dermatological formulations including creams, ointments, gels, lotions, solutions.
Science & Technology
Microsoft launches Edu-Cloud
- Information technology giant, Microsoft, today launched Edu-Cloud, a cloud computing-based offering that will enhance digital learning and teaching in schools and higher education institutions, in India