[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
- Modi In Mongolia – List of Agreements Signed
- First tribal woman takes oath as Jharkhand governor
- Modi In South Korea : List of Agreements Signed
- Asia becomes world’s largest investor region: UNCTAD report
NITI Aayog launches its website in New Delhi today.
- The website can be accessed on the following url: http://www.niti.gov.in.
- The website was launched by Arvind Panagariya (Vice Chairman of NITIAayog)
Former Army Brigadier David Granger sworn-in as eighth President of Guyana
- Former Army Brigadier David Granger on 16 May 2015 was sworn in as the eighth President of Guyana. He was sworn-in as the President after his A Partnership for National Unity (APNU) party-led coalition won the national elections.
- In the national elections held on 11 May 2015, his coalition APNU – Alliance for Change (AFC) defeated the ruling People’s Progressive Party (PPP). With this, it ended the 23 year old grip on power of Indo-Guyanese PPP.
Banking & Finance
Askme acquires Bestatlowest.com for Rs 63 crore
- Gurgaon-based Internet company Askme has acquired Accelity BestAtLowest Online Services Private Limited, a New Delhi-based company that runs online grocery shopping marketplace Bestatlowest.com, for $10 million.
- Bestatlowest.com was founded by Ankit Nigam and Amit Nigam in 2013 with operations in New Delhi.
HDFC Bank launches medical prepaid card
- HDFC Bank has launched ‘HDFC Bank Apollo Medical Benefits Card’.
- The bank has partnered with Apollo Hospitals for this prepaid product, which allows corporates to easily disburse medical allowance to their employees, saving time and cost.
- With the card, the administrative process of disbursing money is being made quick and simple. Corporates can load the specified allowance onto the card each month, which can be used by employees for medical expenditure at pan-India VISA/ MasterCard outlets.
- The card offers employees access to a wide range of additional benefits in the form of offers and discounts, and facilities such as free ambulance services.
Ethiopian runners win both Men’s & Women’s titles in TCS World 10000m run
- Ethiopian runners won both the Men’s and Women’s titles in the eighth edition of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) World 10 Thousand metre run in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- In Men’s category, Mosinet Geremew bagged the title by clocking 28 minutes and 16 seconds, while his teammate Fikadu settled at second place clocking 28 minutes and 14 seconds.
- In the women’s section, Mamitu Daska bagged the title by clocking 31 minutes and 57 seconds
- In Indian Men’s category Suresh Kumar bagged the title by clocking 29 minutes 49 seconds.
- In women’s category Tamil Nadu’s Suriya Loganathan won the title with a time of 35 minutes and 58 seconds.
TCS 1000 M Run
- The World 10K Bangalore (known as the TCS World 10K for sponsorship reasons by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)) is an annual 10 kilometres road running competition which takes place in Bangalore, India.
- The competition was first held in 2008 and usually takes place in late May.
- The first three editions were sponsored by Sunfeast (ITC Limited).
Kuldeep Malik named chief wrestling coach
- The Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) named Kuldeep Malik as the new chief national coach in place of axed Vinod Kumar.
- WFI has also named a new assistant men’s freestyle coach and women’s team coach following the sacking of Rajneesh and Ramani Chanu, respectively.
Bronze for Archana
- India’s Archana Kamath won a bronze medal in the cadet girls’ singles at the Thailand Open table tennis tournament .
- Archana lost 11-9, 11-7, 11-8 to Chinese Taipei’s Chen Ting-Ting, the eventual winner, in the semifinals.
Chris Rogers retire from international cricket
- Australia opening batsman Chris Rogers has confirmed that he will retire from international cricket after the Ashes series in England later this year.
- Rogers made his test debut in 2008 and was recalled for the 2013 Ashes series.
- He has made more than 1,500 runs at an average of 40 in 20 test appearances