[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
- G.K Reddy Memorial National Award to Vinod Mehta
- Modi launches Three Social Security Schemes
- Narendra Modi inaugurates IISCO plant at Burnpur
- HDFC in world’s top 10 list of consumer finance firms
- Madrid Open Trophy 2015 – Bopanna and Mergea combo victorious
Ray appointed new member; CBDT now a full house
- Senior IRS officer S K Ray has been appointed as the new member in the Central Board of Direct Taxes, the apex policy making body of the Income Tax department.
- Ray, a 1978-batch officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax), was till now serving as the Chief Commissioner of I-T in Ahmedabad.
Nico Rosberg wins Spanish Grand Prix
- Nico Rosberg ended his Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton’s winning streak in this year’s Formula One drivers’ world championship when he drove to a near-flawless victory in Sunday’s Spanish Grand Prix.
- The 29-year-old German, who had been beaten by Hamilton in all four of this year’s ‘flyaway’ season-opening races.
- Hamilton finished in second place and Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel was third.
116-year-old Malaysian woman is world’s oldest person
- Yati Musdi of Johor, Malaysia has become the world’s oldest women(and also the oldest living person, presently).
- Born on 27th April,1899, the 116-year-old, has been passed on the title by the American, Gertrude Weaver, who passed away just a few days after being declared the oldest woman alive.
- It’s worthwhile to mention here that despite her age, she claims to have a clear vision and is free from any hearing aid.