Mortgage lender HDFC has emerged the only Indian company among the world’s 10 biggest consumer financial services firms, after giants like American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
- List was complied by Business magazine Forbes.
- The list ranks the companies on the basis of a composite score of their revenues, profits, assets and market value.
- HDFC is ranked 7th on the list
- American Express is placed on the top
- Second Place – Capital One Financial
- Third Place – Visa
- Fourth Place – Discover Financial Services
- Fifth Place – Orix
- Sixth Place – Mastercard
- Eighth Place – CIT Group of the US
- Ninth Place – Taiwan’s Hua Nan Financial
- Tenth Place – China’s Franshion Properties
Forbes List of top regional banks :
- China Construction Bank tops the chart
- India’s SBI is ranked 22nd
- ICICI Bank is at 29th place
- HDFC Bank is at 40th position.
Forbes List of Top companies in Oil and Gas Sector:
- ExxonMobil is on the top place.
- Reliance Industries is ranked 15th globally.
Forbes List of top computer services companies :
- Google tops the list
- India’s TCS is at 7th place
- CTS is at 9th place
- Infosys at 10th position.
Forbes Annual Compilation :
- The list is part of Forbes’ annual compilation of 2,000 biggest and most powerful companies globally, which includes a total of 56 companies from India across various sectors.
- In the overall list, HDFC is ranked 485th, while Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries leads the pack of the Indian companies at 142nd overall position.
- Among other sector-specific lists, there is no Indian entity on the list of biggest major banks topped by China’s ICBC.
- The overall list is dominated by the companies from the US and China.
About HDFC :
- Full form : Housing Development Finance Corporation
- Founded : 1994
- Headquarters : Mumbai
- MD & CEO : Aditya Puri
- Motto : “We understand your world”
- Customer base stood at 28.7 million
- HDFC was ranked 32nd among India’s most trusted brands.