[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
CNR Rao conferred with Japan’s highest award
- Eminent scientist and Bharat Ratna awardee Chintamani Nagesa Ramachandra Rao was conferred with Japan’s highest civilian award the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star.
- He was bestowed with this award for his outstanding contributions to science and Indo-Japanese science cooperation.
- Rao is a National Research Professor, Linus Pauling Research Professor.
Science & Technology
NASA spacecraft crashes into Mercury, ends mission
- NASA’s Messenger spacecraft has crashed into the surface of Mercury, ending its historic 11-year mission that provided valuable data and thousands of images of the planet.
- MESSENGER was launched on August 3, 2004, and it began orbiting Mercury on March 18, 2011. The spacecraft completed its primary science objectives by March 2012.
Surender Singh took over as Director General of CISF
- Senior IPS officer Surender Singh took over as the new director general of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) on Friday.
- Singh, a 1980-batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the West Bengal cadre, was serving as a special director in the Intelligence Bureau (IB) before taking up his new assignment as CISF chief.